Smooth Operator (CH 44 : END)

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I cried tears of joy!

Noy, you've made so many people happy this week.

Thank you na kha for taking the time to write this ff even though you are so busy with school.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Thank you so so much Noy. This was very sweet indeed. Thank you for making me smile.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
CHAPTER 23

[SONG PLAYING: The Script - For the First Time]

Yaya wakes up to the cold breeze brushing against her arm. She nestles up tightly to the warmth against her body. The sun gradually rising over the horizon. She yawns silently, slowly opening her eye. The breath taking view brings a smile to her face. Confusion sweeps over her, "Where am I?" she ask herself, hearing a steady heartbeat ringing in her ear. She realize she was laying next to somebody, hugging tightly. She glances over and realizes it was Nadech. Once against she wakes up next to him.

He's sound asleep. His arm wrap around her, keeping her warm. A strange feeling takes over. She smiles to herself. Still unsure when she fell asleep last night. Somehow it felt right being in his arms and laying next to him. She felt complete having him beside her. Comfortable around his presence. She slowly gets up, careful not to disturb him in his sleep. She stares at the horizon, seeing the sunrise. It's a breath taking view. She notices the deck above the beach and suddenly had the urge to take a mini stroll. Glancing over at Nadech, who's still sleeping, she decides to let him be and explore the unknown territory below.

Yaya quietly makes her way down the long stairway. A smile sweeps over her face as she stares out into the horizon of the ocean. It's a magnificent sight. She walks towards the end of the deck, takes an seat and listens to the waves gently crashing against the rocks. Her mind's at peace. A sense of serenity takes over her and she's feeling better than before. She hugs herself tightly as the cold breeze brushes against her arms.

"One day at a time..." she says to herself, gazing out at the beautiful horizon. She wish she could stay here forever. Away from reality. From the harsh reality and disappointments.

Nadech lets out a yawn and rubs his eyes, feeling the sun beating down on his face. He panics, realizing that Yaya isn't next to him. "Yaya..." he utters, jumping up to his feet. He runs down the stairs, in search for her. "Yaya!" he shouts but no answer. He gaze down at the beach and spots her instantly by her lonesome self. His heart's at ease. Thankful nothing happen. He quickly rushes down the flight of stairs to meet her.

As he approaches her, trying to control his heavy breathing.. He clears his throat. Making his way towards her, he utters, "There you are."

Yaya glances behind her and smiles at him.

"What are you doing down here?" he ask, taking a seat next to her.

"Oh sorry..." she utters, "I saw you were still sleeping and I didn't wanna wake you so I decided just come down here and relax." She shrugs. "I just wanted to get some fresh air down here that's all."

"Is everything okay?" he ask in concern.

"Uhm.." she looks at him, "I think so..." she grins. "Nadech..." she clears her throat, "I just wanna thank you... again."

"Thank me?" He smirks, "For what?"

"For helping me last night." she added, "If it wasn't for you... who knows what would have happen to me last night..." she shakes her head, "Never am I turning to alcohol for my problems... It only causes problems-- not solve them." she laughs.

"Hey-- it happens..." he nudges her, trying to lighten her up.

"It's just..." her smile disappears and the sorrow sweeps over her face, "Lately-- it seems like nothing's been going my way.. first it was Chin cheating on me... then the promotion I''ve been dedicated and slaving for didn't happen--and earlier yesterday I bumped into Chin and Cammy .... I just broke down..." she shakes her head, inhaling deeply, feeling her heart grow heavy once more. "And you know what the sad part is?" she smirks.

"What?" he ask, staring at her, seeing the hurt lurking in her eyes once more.

"The sad part is Chin's doing fine while I'm broken..." she lets out a pitifully laugh, "Gosh, I'm a real mess... Can't get him out of mind no matter how hard I tried-- I'm so pathetic.." she buries her face into her palms, sighing loudly with disappointment. shakes her head in disappointment.

"You're not pathetic..." Nadech tells her, "We all have to go through it..." he tells her, thinking about Davika.

"But I'm sure you haven't experience such pain as a heartbreak--" she says, "You know your women to let any of them hurt you."

He gives her a half smile, "What makes you think that?" He raise his eyebrow at her.

"Well..." she pause, "Cause you're Mr. Smooth Operator..." she chuckles, "And a smooth operator never gets hurt..."

He laughs at her comment, "Who says? I've been hurt before." he tells her.

"You have?" Her eyes widen, "You're kidding." she chuckles, "Can't be... you're too busy breaking hearts to have your heart broken." she shakes her head.

Nadech swallows hard and turns a different direction. "I actually have..." he clears his throat, "by my ex-girlfriend--"

Yaya pulls her knees closer to her, head resting on her knees as she listens carefully. She gives him her undivided attention.

"It's the worst experience that I've gone through..." he looks at Yaya and suddenly the split image of Davika appears, "She was the love of my life..." he tells Yaya, "We made a promise to be together forever." He glances over to Yaya, seeing her listening intentively, "We were inseparable... madly in love... She was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with..." his heart begins to beat faster, "I even bought her an engagement ring, thinking we'd spend our lives together..." his sighs loudly, "Then one day out of nowhere-- she tells me she can't be with me anymore-- and just like that, she disappeared out of my life..." he shrugs.

Yaya's heart flutters and aches. For the first time, she's seeing him in a different life. He's a man who's been hurt before. Keeping his guard up so he won't get hurt.

"Is that why you've been so guarded...?" Yaya asked with a concern.

"I--I guess so.." he utters, "When she left, I was miserable... I didn't wanna live. She left without giving me any answers and it hurted me..." his stomach tighten as he stares at Yaya.

"That makes two of us..." she utters, staring at him. She could see the hurt still lurking behind those eyes.

"But I've moved on..." he tells her, "After a while, you get tired of all the crying and feeling sorry for yourself so you move on with your life..." he shrugs.

"And that's when you decided to turn to one night stands with the random women you meet?" she raise her eyebrow at him.

He laughs, "Why not?" he flashes a half-smile at her, "Hey--at least I know they won't hurt me." he shrugs, "There's no strings attached with these one night stands. Once the dirty deed's done-- they're out of my life-- maybe on occasion, I'll have those crazy women that won't leave me alone but it's nothing serious. "

She chuckles coarsly, "I guess some people could do it-- " she sighs, "If I were in your position and I had the option to be mess around with whoever I want, I wouldn't do it." she shakes her head.

"And why not...?" He ask curiously.

"Well..." she stretches her legs, daggling it above the water, "I just couldn't see myself sleeping around with different men..." she shrugs, "I'm a one-person-kind-of-gal. I prefer to love one person and one person only-- and I'll love him unconditionally.." she nods her head, "I don't want to experience it with as many guys as possible, I just need to find my one and only prince charming... and I'll love him unconditionally." she tells him.

Nadech swallows hard, he could see the glow beaming from her face. Suddenly remember her little booklet of things to do. His face lights up, suddenly touched by her words.

"Sorry for this nonsense talk again..." she laughs, "You're probably tired of me baffling about this crap." she shakes her head.

"No no.." he quickly says, "Not at all..."

She smiles at him, "Who knows--Maybe one day when you find that special person, you'll know what it is I'm talking about." she nods her head.

He smirks but stays quiet, "Who knows..." he shrugs.

"You never know Nadech..." she nudges him, "She might be closer than you think-- You know what they say, 'when you least expect it, love finds it's way'...." she grins.

He lets her words sink in. Silence fell upon them. Only sounds are the waves crashing against the rocks and the sound of seagulls soaring in the air. Yaya brushes her hair back, noticing the dark grey clouds slowly rolling in.

"I think we'd better be go Nadech." she breaks the silence. "It looks like it's going to rain soon." she points to the sky.

Nadech looks up at the sky, "Yeah, you're right. It does."

Yaya gets up first, "Here--" she smiles at him, extending a helping hand.

He smiles and places his hand into hers. A perfect fit. Yaya pulls him up with all her strength. Yet somehow she lost her footing. Letting out a soft screech, she closes her eyes, bracing for hard fall into the water, but arms wrapped tightly around her waist and she's thrust against Nadech's body. He pulls her closer to him, just in time to save her from falling over. She gasps for air, gripping tightly to Nadech's arms, nearly having a heart attack. Her eyes still close tightly and her heart beating faster than ever.

"Careful... careful..." Nadech whispers softly, breathing heavily by scare.

Yaya finally opens her eyes and notices his face is inches from hers-- noses practically touching.The hazy feeling takes over her as she gazes into his brown eyes. She grows weak in the knees. Something about those brown eyes seem different this time around. Nadech could feel his heart beating faster as he held her tightly, gazing into her brown eyes. He didn't want to let her go. Everything around him turns hazy as he prepares for the unthinkable. He tilts his head slightly to the right and leans in towards her lips. He closes his eyes and let nature takes its course. Yaya held her breath, gently closing her eyes as she felt his soft lips pressed onto hers.

Suddenly, a loud thunder erupts in the sky and Yaya screeches loudly, burring her face into his chest. It begins to heavily pour out of nowhere. Yaya covers her ears tightly. She hated the sound of thunder.

Nadech comforts her, "Let's get into the car quickly!" he shields her from the rain. They run towards the car and he helps her in. Once inside the car, they stared at one another. Soaked and wet, they let out a laughter. The rain continues to pour heavily, beating hard on top of Nadech's car roof. Yaya wipes the rain from her face.

"Here, let me get that..." he reaches into the clove compartment and pulls out a hankerchief and gently dabs her face. She doesn't fight him, instead she lets him wipe the water from her face. She's smiling to herself, heart beating faster than ever as she thinks back to a few moments ago when their lips touched. She flinches, "nonsense..." she utters to herself. "It's okay Nadech--" she pulls back, "I'm fine..." she smiles weakly. "It's just water. It won't hurt me." she tells him.

"Right..." he chuckles, "Just water..." he puts the handerchief in the cup holder, "We'd better go before it pours even heavier." He puts the key into the engine and takes off.

The ride back was an awkwardly silent one. Nadech's head spinning with questions. "Why did I kiss her?" he ask himself, wondering if she was feeling strange about. "I hope she doesn't think I'm a douche bag." he sighs heavily, gripping tightly on the steering wheel. He glances at her from the corner of his eyes-- she's busy staring out the window. Curious to know what she's thinking about. Could it be about the kiss they shared for a split second? Did he make a fool out of himself? His heart's thumping loudly against his chest as if it's ready to burst out.

Yaya touches her lips, thinking about the kiss they shared for a split second. "Why did he kiss me.?" she ask herself. Why is being so nice to her? She wonders. She bites her lower lip, wondering if he thought anything of that short kiss. Why won't her heart stop beating so fast? She curse herself for feeling this way. It's a strange feeling. Something she's not accustom to. She hate to admit it but his lips were soft. A small smile forms on the corners of her lips.

"Okay... we're here..." Nadech finally breaks the silence.

"Huh...?" She snaps back to reality, quickly glancing at him in confusion.

"We're here-- at your apartment." he smiles.

"Oh..." she scratches her head, "okay thanks..." she fidgets with her seatbelt, suddenly having trouble with it. Nadech watches her act strange. He puts the car in drive, "Here..." he helps her with the seatbelt, moving in closer to her. He's face to her with her once against. She swallows hard, eyes widen as he smiles devilish at her.

She leans as far back as she could in the seat, heart beating faster and faster. "Oh dear..." she says to herself, thinking it's a repeat of earlier. Stomachs in knots. He fixes the seatbelt and pulls back, "There you go." he smiles at her, then pulls away.

"Than--thank you..." she stutters, "I better-- I better go then-- thanks again Nadech--" she quickly opens the door and dodges out.

"Yaya Wait!" he shouts.

"Shit..." she cursed. "What now...!?" she screams inside. Her heart drops to the ground, wondering if he'll mention what happen earlier.

"Yes...?" she turns around forcing a smile on her face to appear normal.

"Your purse." he smiles.

She lets out an uneasy laugh, "Oh... Right... my purse..." she scratches her head with embarrassment, "thank again Nadech," she takes it from and walks away.

"No problem..." he says with a big smile, "I'll see you later..." he waves bye.

"Bye..." she waves shyly at him and quickly disappears into her apartment complex.

Nadech watches as she disappears out of sight. Chuckling, he shakes his head, thinking about how she squirmed in her seat. He couldn't help but laugh thinking how cute she look. He sighs out loud, suddenly remembering something she said earlier today.

He pulls out his phone to make a call. "Hi Mother..." he says with a smile. "Are you busy...? Okay I'll stop by... I wanna talk to you about something... okay mother... see you in a few...Bye mother." He puts the car in drive and takes off. The smile still plaster on his face.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Noy!!! You're easing us into it!!! I want to scream...this is fabulous! I am absolutely giddy & smiling so bad. THANK YOU, NOY!!!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
:D I thought I'd squeeze an update in tonight before I get back to studying hehe. As for what Nadech wants to talk to his mother about, it remains a mystery until the next update :D

Anywhos, have a great weekend ladies :kiss: Back to studying >.<'

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you so much, Noy! You've been so good to us.

Another sweet and heartwarming chapter. I cannot stop smiling!

ImmaSingaholic

sarNie Adult
OMG You got me blushing for this Noy! They kissed haha aww that's a sweet chapter! Loving it can't wait to see what happen next! I can't wait till Nadech confesses his feelings to her! :dance1: Thanks for the update!

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Loooove this chapter, Noy!! Thank you for updating na ja!! :kiss: :kiss: You've made everyone so happpy!! I can see that Yaya is starting to fall for Mr. Smooth Operator. I love their conversations in this chapter because both are opening up to each other!! Yaya definitely see him in a different light now!! I love the part where Yaya was fumbling with her seatbelt and got nervous (got butterflies) with Nadech's close proximity! :bhehe: This reminds me of GRGR, the part where Charles dropped Fah off after the taxi ride. She was so nervous because Charles was really working his charm!!

Here are my predictions as to why Nadech called his mother.
I think he's asking his mom to help Yaya get a pomotion. Also to confess to his mom that he loves Yaya!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Thanks ladies :kiss: it's the final week before spring break >.<' so I gotta get cracking on studying! So I won't be able to update til the weekend. :)

So ladies have a great week! :kiss:

P.S. I've been so HOOKED on Boys Over Flowers :wub: so it has been giving me so many ideas! hehehe

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks ladies :kiss: it's the final week before spring break >.<' so I gotta get cracking on studying! So I won't be able to update til the weekend. :)

So ladies have a great week! :kiss:

P.S. I've been so HOOKED on Boys Over Flowers :wub: so it has been giving me so many ideas! hehehe
Noy, good luck on you finals na ja!! I hope you have a great week too!! :kiss:

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Awh good job! Congrats na love! :highfive: I also hope you have a great week as well. Ugh I need to start studying for my finals too so your next update will definitely be a treat for me! < 3