Some strange questions

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
lol it's funny how we always use this "friend."

anyway, i think the answer is very simple. does emma love her bf? if she does then forget about this hug or assumption. don't let this spurty feeling of excitement get in the way of a long lasting relationship. if she doesn't love her bf then she should consider breaking up with him cuz what's the point of staying together if you don't love each other? i'm not saying she should run straight to patrick though. patrick dates a new girl every 2-6 months right? does emma want that? is he worth it?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
hahaha

Emma isn't interested in him, she's just curious as to what it looks like from the outside. She's not having any "spurty feeling of excitement," trust me. Emma isn't the type of girl that gets that butterfly, giggly, school girl feeling. From just reading the story I have no idea why you'd get the impression that Emma got excited over Patrick.
She just wants a second opinion. From the story what does it look like to others? It's not always clear when you're in the middle of it all.
As for Patrick, well, the guy doesn't have commitment issues he just tends to date some interesting girls. In his case, "interesting" tends to lead to relationship failure.

You can turn his dating life into a very comical book if you knew the kind of girls he's dated. :p

Come on, put on your thinking caps, analyze it as if you were a detective.

yaksoh

sarNie Juvenile
Emma needs time in realizing her true feelings.
I think the hug btw them meant a "bye-bye." Cuz he's sure tat she can't ley go of her bf.
So sad but wat can i do.
For me, if I was Emma --- I would have an affair secretly, meaning perfection, no caughts.
And then see which guy is perfect for me. Before making a final decision.

natty

Chubs
Same story different couples. :)

An affair will make her feel forever guilty cus from what I read, her bf is not such a bad guy is he? And from what I gather, it seems that Emma is developing a little crush on this Patrick. Why else would she ask what does the hug mean? I mean everyone hug each other good bye. Once strangers become a little bit more familiar, we hug each other goodbye. It's as typical as a wave or a handshake. Also, what was Patrick's purpose in asking her bf whether he love her or will die for her. Here's the thing I don't get about the later question. You can love someone but you don't have to die for them. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, Emma need to take a step back and sort out her feelings. She needs to sort it out quick cus it seems like even her bf is a little scared. I dont think he is unsure, cus I mean if he is unsure then he wouldn't be lost in a drunken stupor. Emma and her bf need to reassure each other if their love is really there. Long distant is just that, if there is understanding, trust, and love, there should be no problem.

Good luck

#1 that's some beautiful writing. i was very drawn.
#2 why you gotta use my name like that.
#3 not too much to go on atm. emily shouldn't really think too much into the hug or comments. better to let them go, b/c they may very well mean nothing.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Thanks for the feedback guys.

haha 7270 I was kinda thinking along the same lines when I started this thread. I was thinking "hm...I can use this in a story." LOL

The whole "Do you love her? Will you die for her?" thing only makes sense if you've ever really loved someone. No, it doesn't mean you have to die for them but if the circumstances came up and you had to decide, do you love them enough to die for them? In other words, if you were in danger and the only way to save you is to sacrifice himself, would he?

Emma's boyfriend isn't scared. Um...where exactly did that come from?
His feelings were not mentioned in the story.
Patrick was the one that called up Emma's boyfriend in a drunken stupor.

Again, Emma isn't interested in him.
She's asking because:

1. She wants to know if it's all in her head or if what she's seeing is really what it is. (Come on, you guys can't possibly tell me that you've never had moments where you had to stop and wonder, "uh, did that just really happen?")

2. If he hadn't been nosy and asked her boyfriend those questions that he did she wouldn't have though anything about the hug, but he did and it's got her wondering why. If it is what she thinks it is, she can better prepare herself around Patrick. ie. maybe avoid being around him as much as possible to prevent any more awkwardness.

natty

Chubs
Ah I see. I misread and thought they both were in a drunken stupor and talked about it. If Emma isn't interested then there's really nothing to think much on it. Sometime when you go searching, you might see or find something you don't want to know or felt uncomfortable in knowing. However if it really does bother Emma and she doesn't like him, then just ask what was the reason or purpose in him asking her bf. Base on his answer, she should know what to do.

As for the question of would you give up your life to save his question is like a double edge sword. I used to think that I can and should die for the one I love but my husband changed that thinking. Now people may think "that's because he doesn't really love you". Well that's an assumption. But anyways, I once gave my husband a scenario after watching some lame korean drama. If his heart were to give off and I can give him mine to save him how would he feel? He laugh first then said:" well in order to save my life you would have to give up your own. Giving up your own is a form of suicide since there is no natural death. In our religion that is a great sin. Just because you love me does not mean you should or have to die for me. It's great that you may want to but you're being selfish. You also have parents who made you and love you. They carry you for 9 months and raise you for x more. Yet you treat your own life so carelessly by giving up? Then what about me? How can you expect me to live a normal life with happiness knowing that I was the cause of your untimely death? Even though I still breath, my heart, the heart you gave me would had died anyways. So what was the point? Love doesn't end with death and love won't ask for sacrifice. "

See why I gave up my bachelorhood and married this punk?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Ah I see. I misread and thought they both were in a drunken stupor and talked about it. If Emma isn't interested then there's really nothing to think much on it. Sometime when you go searching, you might see or find something you don't want to know or felt uncomfortable in knowing. However if it really does bother Emma and she doesn't like him, then just ask what was the reason or purpose in him asking her bf. Base on his answer, she should know what to do.

As for the question of would you give up your life to save his question is like a double edge sword. I used to think that I can and should die for the one I love but my husband changed that thinking. Now people may think "that's because he doesn't really love you". Well that's an assumption. But anyways, I once gave my husband a scenario after watching some lame korean drama. If his heart were to give off and I can give him mine to save him how would he feel? He laugh first then said:" well in order to save my life you would have to give up your own. Giving up your own is a form of suicide since there is no natural death. In our religion that is a great sin. Just because you love me does not mean you should or have to die for me. It's great that you may want to but you're being selfish. You also have parents who made you and love you. They carry you for 9 months and raise you for x more. Yet you treat your own life so carelessly by giving up? Then what about me? How can you expect me to live a normal life with happiness knowing that I was the cause of your untimely death? Even though I still breath, my heart, the heart you gave me would had died anyways. So what was the point? Love doesn't end with death and love won't ask for sacrifice. "

See why I gave up my bachelorhood and married this punk?
You make a valid point but organ transplant is different from an impulse.
Obviously it wouldn't make sense to sacrifice your life to save another in that situation because you'd just be trading a life for another life. In a medical situation people have time to think about that.

In general when people ask you if you're willing to die for the one you love, they're usually talking about something you don't have time to think about. It's a split second decision. Usually the man is willing to give up his life to protect his wife and children because he feels it's his duty to protect them. The same way a mother would give up her life to protect her child.

That question is better explain in situations like these:

1. If you got into a car accident or any time of accident where there's only time to get one person out, would you let your husband/wife go or would you take the chance to save yourself?

2. If your husband/wife was trapped under an iced lake (horrible way to die) and you don't have time to get help, are you willing to risk your life to save theirs?

3. The ending of Titanic where Leo's character slides off the ice so Kate's character can stay on the ice and out of the water since it couldn't hold both their weights.

4. If you and your significant other were held up at gun point at a store or kidnapped and the person with the gun offers to let one person go, would you let your significant other go or would you vote yourself to leave?

That's the kind of a sacrifice most people are talking about when they ask that question, organ donation doesn't really fit into this category because it's medical and rational and there's no way the hospitals will let someone die just to save another person.

natty

Chubs
You know I wouldn't know how to answer that until I'm in that situation actually. Cus I can paint a nice picture by saying yes I would die for this and that person cus I do believe in my heart that I do love him but when the time arrive, it might be different. Your impulse might be different. Saying is one thing, but acting on it is another. So I can say I can die for the person I love, but that doesn't mean anything cus only my actions at that moment will hold true or not. But that doesn't mean you dont love that person.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
You know I wouldn't know how to answer that until I'm in that situation actually. Cus I can paint a nice picture by saying yes I would die for this and that person cus I do believe in my heart that I do love him but when the time arrive, it might be different. Your impulse might be different. Saying is one thing, but acting on it is another. So I can say I can die for the person I love, but that doesn't mean anything cus only my actions at that moment will hold true or not. But that doesn't mean you dont love that person.

I understand, not everyone can answer that question.
I for one, can. I know how I'll act because I've done it. It was as extreme as the examples I gave but it was dangerous enough that I acted on my instincts.

i'd only die for my dogs, mom & brother. no. they're not ordered on level of importance. :lol:

seriously, whether patrick feels something or not, as long as he doesn't make a very obvious move, she should act normal around him. unless she just feels uncomfortable for whatever reason, she can keep her distance. right now, she can't really know his motives based on assumptions or feelings. they're not concrete enough, KWIM. what's concrete and she can get a grasp on is her own feelings. so if she feels uncomfortable around patrick, she should go with that. there's no way y'all can get a handle on how he's feeling or thinking.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
i'd only die for my dogs, mom & brother. no. they're not ordered on level of importance. :lol:

seriously, whether patrick feels something or not, as long as he doesn't make a very obvious move, she should act normal around him. unless she just feels uncomfortable for whatever reason, she can keep her distance. right now, she can't really know his motives based on assumptions or feelings. they're not concrete enough, KWIM. what's concrete and she can get a grasp on is her own feelings. so if she feels uncomfortable around patrick, she should go with that. there's no way y'all can get a handle on how he's feeling or thinking.

I'm aware that you can't guess on how others might "really" feel, it was just an observation exercise. Deductive reasoning.