South East Asians Obsessed With Chinks...

Greensmurf

sarNie Hatchling
OK I dont know what this obsession that the southeast asians I.E Cambodian.Laos.Flip. Viet. Thais... are with these chinks! Take my sister for example... she's OBSESSED with KOREAN POP/MOVIES/DRAMAS! I try to convert her into Lao/Thai but she's JUST NOT INTERESTED! AND SHE DOESN"T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT they're saying!!! What's so special about them? I mean, MOST OF THE GUYS IN KOREA LOOKS LIKE GIRLS! LONG Hair and Make up... and not to mention the excessed JEWELRY they wear! I"m not hating... i guess people have their prefs but still a lot and lots of lao/cambo/viet/hmong/thai/flip etc... are crazy over koreans/japanese/chinese.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
LOL what, what do you mean exactly by convert her to thai/lao u mean watch the shows and listen to the music? well I mean I myself watch k-dramas and chinese series because sometimes the story is different from thai series ... k-drama is the sad sappy stuff and thai is the happy ending type deal... its a difference in opinions really.... and no matter how hard you try to change her if she herself doesn't wanna change you can't do it .. I mean its a matter of preference ... you can't tell someone what to like and what not to like .. and there are many different reasons really why people listen to their music and watch their drama and etc.. not just for the guys ... and how old is your sister? if shes a teen then I understand perfectly well .. shes at the age where girls go crazy over guys like se7en and big bang :p its normal really if she's in her teens, but as she grows older she will start to embrace into her culture more assuming that shes a teen of course ...

Kristie

Yunho's GF~*
LOL yeah Thai people esp young girls are CRAZY about Dong bang and others Korean and Japanese and Taiwanese stars...

I dunno why maybe it's because they have their own stylish style and cute face that Thai guy dun have lol
Most of these stars have white skin u know south east people love white skin LoOOL

In my case I love Kpop u fell in it there's no EXIT lol
Yeah i prefer Korean or Japanese guy ^_^"
But it doesn't mean that i dun listen to thai songs or watch lakorn or love thai dara (indeed i like meeting them in real)

persephone24

sarNie Egg
haha.....yeah that's really true..hmm i think S.E. asian girls are probably attracted to Korean, Taiwanese or Japanese because they're different. Each country has their own style and sometimes the style is repeated over and over in the country, that ppl just get bored. They want to see something different I suppose. I also agree with Kristie about the white skin bit, that is definitely different. However, i think the thing that makes S.E. asians crazy about Korean, Taiwan, or Japanese is because of the influnce over buisiness. like 2 years ago, Japanese movies and stars were the Biggest thing ever!!! because more movies and dramas started coming into the country and thus promoted cute japanese stars....Now they've added in movies from Korea and Taiwan which has lots of showings on the network. It's all influence the big business ppl i say. When these Korean, Taiwanese, or Japanese shows start airing alot in the countries' network, ppl who watch it become more interested in them.

So there are a lot of reasons why S.E. asains like Korean or Japanese Drama...I myself watch all the series be it Japanese, thai, or korean.. just because its there and it's good.. :D

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I agree. U can't stop ppl from liking what they like. I mean its like u can't stop liking thai and laos stuff. It's just a matter of opinions. My white friends don't understand what I see in Note, but he is so fine. They just are blinded by their white preference but I don't mind. At least they are accepting. lol.

Quiet-ness

sarNie Hatchling
there's really no reason..u just can't help but to fall in love with them..
lol...so funny...

It's just a phase. Just like how girls were 'obsessed' with NSYNC and BSB (Backstreet Boys) 10 years ago. Give her a couple of years and it will begone from her as she grows up.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
im thai and chinese but hey i listen to korean , chinese and thai also english lol im not really into the guys tho just music. tho i do understand what they are saying lol i guess its just a teen thing tho i am also only 15 haha but everyone is different i guess

Greensmurf

sarNie Hatchling
LOL what, what do you mean exactly by convert her to thai/lao u mean watch the shows and listen to the music? well I mean I myself watch k-dramas and chinese series because sometimes the story is different from thai series ... k-drama is the sad sappy stuff and thai is the happy ending type deal... its a difference in opinions really.... and no matter how hard you try to change her if she herself doesn't wanna change you can't do it .. I mean its a matter of preference ... you can't tell someone what to like and what not to like .. and there are many different reasons really why people listen to their music and watch their drama and etc.. not just for the guys ... and how old is your sister? if shes a teen then I understand perfectly well .. shes at the age where girls go crazy over guys like se7en and big bang :p its normal really if she's in her teens, but as she grows older she will start to embrace into her culture more assuming that shes a teen of course ...
My sister is 21... and she's obsessed. She even speaks Korean to us... @_@

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Japanese and Koreans stick to themselves, then we got other asians trying to be like them haha, this worlds so cruel.....

cecilia

Staff member
My sister is 21... and she's obsessed. She even speaks Korean to us... @_@
:yahoo: :lol: ..i'm around that age..and i crazy over rain but yet i'm crazy over P'tIK too..i write in romanji korean sometime..but i also try to write in romanji thai too..so :lol:..it's just a way to embrace what you teach yourself..i think ...

come to think of it..whatever appeal to me, i go for it..most of it sound likeQuiet-ness said..it's just a phrase..she'll get over it ..cuz as for me, i stick to what's good at the moment..like now i hate KDRAMA..it get to the point of where there's no point in a drama/plot..that it actually get boring even if they have 'hot' and good looking ppl in there..as for music ..i think since music is like the universal language that make us all feel connect ..everyone will get influence no matter what..it doesn't matter if you stick to your culture or not..if your culture become some sort of boredom thing for you..time to move on to something that entertain you..i mean..i still listen to some ghetto hmong songs and that's because i perfer ghetto song over americanize song.. - but i'm picky about the kind of music i listen to ..so if i listen to many other races' music - that doesn't mean i'm crazy over them..*hihi..i think i'm repeating myself here..LOL*

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Greensmurf... SE Asians rock, but I must say, Korean chicks are HOT!

I think that sometimes it's all about seeing the grass greener on the otherside.

Sometimes, I wonder that myself.... why all these people study other languages and all...

but that's the beauty of broadening our horizons I guess

I think it's funny to see caucasians trying to be black....

or have you ever called your caucasian friends eggs?

We all seek to learn about cultures we admire.

Sometimes it makes us grow and appreciate who we are more inside in the grander scheme of things. :^)

STIMA

no offense. i know you probably didnt mean racist but cus this is a pretty negative topic..u shouldnt have put CHINKS cus it sounds offensive.
and yeh im one of those people!! *GOES KRAZY
but even thoo im obsessed over KOREAN ENT doesnt mean im gona neglect my backround..i would neverrrr ever want to be born korean.