Stealing...

penguin101

sarNie Egg
STEALING...

Yes, I know its wrong to do so... How would you deal with someone who steals... Okae... I admit... I had my share of stealing from everyone too... Growing up in a BIG family where your parents couldnt love each and everyone equally because its so BIG of a family... So they sorta, kinda favor one over another... lol... Anyhow... I was a thief once, stealing from my parents, my sisters and brothers and even my grandparents. I come to realize my wrong doing when I was 16 years old... Yeah... it took me awhile... Anyhow... Now... my little sister has become so much worse than I... She is 18 years old... NO JOB, supports her going to skool boyfriend, SUPER SUPER SENIOR, and pretty much the family has given up hopes on her. She was a STRAIGHT A STUDENT until Frosh in Highschool... Her goal in life was to attend Harvard, and become a doctor... Now... I look at her and I dont know what to say no more... I am very disappointed because I am disappointed at myself when I realize I was such a thief back then... I have build so much BAD KARMA from all my wrong doing, now I am trying my best to help everyone the best I can... ANYHOW... SUGGEST me a way to get my sister to STOP DOING WHAT WHAT SHE IS DOING? I have tried many times for her to get a job... she cant even hold a steady job cause she the type of girl who has a BOMB ASS body and everyone just wants to tap it... She hates the attention, so its hard for her to work anywhere...

My dad talked to me and told me my little sister has been stealing more than 1000$ already from them... she owes the bank money for all the overdrafts... she steals from my youngest sister... everyone in the family refuses to help her because she couldnt even help herself... well except me... I am trying to be the big sister here and direct her in the right path because I HAVE BEEN THERE... butta now... i dont know what more to do or say... advices please... I really want my little sister back... the smart, talent, and straight A sister back... (Since she started dating in HS, she just turned corrupted)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm sorry to say, but it's up to your sister at this point if she wants to change or not. One thing you can do is try to spend time with her. My little sisters I felt they were going off the path because they were slacking off in school and all they wanted to do was go out, but then I started spending more time with them and take them out on the occasional basis and talked to them and they started picking up the pace at school. Now they are both super smart not that they weren't before. One of them could have graduated at 16 and the other at 15 because they had completed all their courses. They choose not to because they wanted to graduate with their class and enjoy a regular 4 year of high school. They attend night classes and summer class at community college to get credit towards their undergrad credits. I think the best thing for you to do now is talk to her on a regular basis and don't try to change her but understand her first. You can't change someone or help them change without first understanding them. With my sisters after spending some time with them I realize that the reason they were acting out was because of the pressures of school. My parents and I expected them to follow in my footstep so much that we forgot about them and what they wanted. After spending time with them I learned that they wanted to be regular kids. They never really got to go out because my parents were super strict. So I took them out I even covered for my sister that is 17 now when she started dating her boyfriend lol I didn't feel guilty because I was there for everything. I was glad my sister told me everything and I know that as long as she trusts me enough to tell me about her boyfriend she'll be able to tell me about everything else. After that I slowly introduced her boyfriend to my family and everyone accepts him which we thought would be difficult because he's Mexican yet my parents like him because he is a stand up guy for his age and he guides my sister sometimes. They remind me and my husband of us lol sometimes. Anyhow back to the topic,

When it comes to sisters you can either be a friend or be just the sister. If you understand them you can't help them. I know first hand experience o_O

everyone goes through some very BAD phases, and everyone makes mistakes. at the time, most people probably didn't think it was a big deal... whatever mistakes they did. no one's perfect, and neither is your little sister. you just have to allow her to make her mistakes, but you don't have to support them... as in don't aid her in making them.

she'll come around. be patient. as for the stealing, y'all might want to lock up your stuff. lock the door. make sure cash is in the bank. :lol: tell her you all know, and don't condone it. ^_^ she may get away with stealing from the family, but that behavior can translate to outside the family, and she can get in really big trouble.

and i like that your name is penguin. :p

rukmos

sarNie Adult
My brother was like that once, where he didn't want to work, just sleep around, took money, drank, and hung out late at night, but now he's changed to a better person...I think that its a phase that every goes through to find who they are and what they want. Just keep on directing her to the right path even if you have to repeat yourself thousands of time, have to put up with anger issues, and most of all be patient with her and spend some time with her...Maybe its the BF that's the problem?

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
yup, everyone's got some great advice here. bottom line is, CUT HER LOOSE...at least for a while. she's got some things she NEEDS to learn on her own. it's hard, but if you loved her, you'd do it.

btw, when i said cut her loose, i didn't mean don't talk to her or not feel for her anymore. i just meant stop being her sugar mama and lock up your things.