Tax Return

myx

sArNieZ
i was just wondering if anyone knows any secure website where people can file their tax return for free.

myx

sArNieZ
i started on HRBlock, but i had to pay the state fee of $30 something dollar. so i cancel it. idk about turbotax. do u have to pay a fee, and how much is it?

dfemc

sarNie Adult
the IRS efile is free. but you have to do the taxes manually, filling out the whole form. it's on the irs website: http://www.irs.gov (use the FREE FILE fillable forms, http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html?portlet=8 )

little

sarNie Adult
i did mine with a relative he charge me $70 and it's not even the fastest way takes up to 3 weeks how much is the norm. cost of the fee to do taxes. i didn't wnat to go hr block cus they prob charge me like $200

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeah most ppl pay around $45-$100 for tax prep. if u don't own any major estates, stocks, bonds, and business, it shouldn't be difficult to file ur taxes, so for regular ppl without all those things $45 is average. i personally do my own taxes just going through the tax booklet and using the FREE FILE forms offered on the irs.gov website, which ends up costing me nothing. and my taxes get efiled, which speeds up my processing, whether it's a refund or if i owe back money.

ntelligent_mind

sarNie Hatchling
My friend filed her taxes at taxact.com. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Turbo tax still cost a bit of money to use.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Sorry I took so long to respond. I e-faxed w/ Turbo Tax. Free for both states and federal. Only took 8 days and I got my money deposited into my bank account. Last year I had to pay $20 dollar fee for states tax, but for some reason it was free this year. TurboTax is legit. I have been using it since I started doing my taxes. It's an easy step by step process.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
does anyone have a 2007 tax software that they can share? i didn't get to file my taxes in 2007! i didn't make that much money because i was part time...plus, i don't own anything. im pissed at myself because i just realized this. apparently, there is only a three year window to file if you want your refund. after that, u are not eligible for your refund...but you can still file. :(

myx

sArNieZ
i got mine done at a community center around where i live for free. in exhcange i had to fill out some surveys, which are pretty simple and straightforward. i think i'll get my tax done there next year cuz i'm pretty cheap.