The Ctrl V Game

fun

Expired Sarnie
Language can be so confusing sometimes, it is difficult to say it should be used for better communication. HOWEVER, if the goal is to communicate effectively, there is no way to communicate without using language. The barriers lie within the language itself, those phrases that people do not learn taking a language class, those words that have dual meaning (like "bad" has had about 10 different meaning just in my lifetime), and the barriers of those who don't speak well enough to understand. I think the key is to know where the person you are speaking with is at. I have several ESL students in my classes at school. Thy all speak English, but at varying degrees. When I talk to everyone in the class, I use the same wording and phrasing. SOmetimes the student who do not understand will ask me what I meant, and other times they just agree and I assume they understand. Then, I get REALLy frustrated when they come and ask the same thing of me or go and ask someone else. I forget to ask them if they understood and talk at a level that they would understand. But our language is vital in communication. It is how what we are trying to say can be expressed.

I think it would be difficult to truly understand a language without knowing its language. But that does not mean just taking a class in school. The person needs to fully immerse themselves in the culture, find out why there are or are not words that mean the same thing in English. and learn some of their idiosincricies. I learned spanish for my mission. I learned "book" spanish before I went and lived in El Paso, TX. When I got there, things were totally different. THey used phrases like nieve for ice cream (when it really means snow, but who has snow in El Paso?), carro for car and many other "spanglish" words. I felt like i better understood them living among them then trying to just study the language on my own or in a classroom setting. Now, my sister went to Argentina and my brother went to Mexico, and we all have different ways of saying the exact same thing. So learning the language does not help unless there is some immersion involved.

I do think everyone should try to learn another language in their lifetime. It helps you to become more sympathetic to those trying to learn out language. When people know another language, they try harder to help others to understand (well, I have heard this, I do not, I am just the bad one in the bunch). My sister who speaks Spanish also knows American Sign Language, Russian, and a little Japanese. She has lived among the deaf and has lived in Japan. SHe says learning the language has helped her in this country when talking with others, she is better able to relate to them!

As far as readers in Among Us that support my ideas are the letters between Zhong and Rui. It appears as the one is starting in the US, she is overwhelmed and wants to go home. I can imagine it is like that for anyone who studies a different language and then tries to live in the place where they speak it fluently. She states her frustration with the language, and I assume it was because she did not learn every phrase we use here and she might have been confused. I also like the story about the the American and Finnish dialog. Each was trying to communicate, but without fully understanding the others culture, it was near impossible.

Above all, Communication can be effective regardless if both parties are patient and willing to repeat what they have heard!

Uh I didn't copy anything yet. I am using the school computer so it must be the person who used it before me. lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yj9_Ug17Y4

hmmm... i think i was showin this to my sis??

fun

Expired Sarnie
Chinkywinky twist it! TWIST IT! I want to know Aum’s reactions if she was not pregnant! Make it another round so when she gets the symptoms again, he might doubt it... so it would be a surprise to him that she is really pregnant! LOL Ahahah well up to you! Can’t wait!

LMAO I was using notepad when writing this so that I won't get caught by the guards! LOL they are vicious I tell you, if you're not doing school related thing, they can get hella scary and RUDE! :D

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
Nam Rapeepat

LMFAO i thought i was trying to find the Piangsoon dude from Artit Ching Duang and idk if i succeeded or not bc that semi looks like him ugh. but i belive i failed hahahaha

nina07

sarNie Adult
LimeWire version 4.18.8
Java version 1.6.0-oem from Sun Microsystems Inc.
Windows Vista v. 6.0 on x86
Free/total memory: 32862568/33357824

com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader$StartupFailedException: .\lib\hashes (The system cannot find the file specified)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.sanityCheck(GUILoader.java:281)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.load(GUILoader.java:58)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main.main(Main.java:45)

STARTUP ERROR!

wow, i didn't remember copying that at all. LMAO. :lol:

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
In obstetrics, Leopold's Maneuvers are a common and systematic way to determine the position of a fetus inside the woman's uterus; they are named after the gynecologist Christian Gerhard Leopold.
The maneuvers consist of four distinct actions, each helping to determine the position of the fetus. The maneuvers are important because they help determine the position and presentation of the fetus, which in conjunction with correct assessment of the shape of the maternal pelvis can indicate whether the delivery is going to be complicated, or whether a Cesarean section is necessary. The examiner's skill and practice in performing the maneuvers are the primary factor in whether the fetal lie is correctly ascertained, and so the maneuvers are not truly diagnostic. Actual position can only be determined by ultrasound performed by a competent technician or professional.

it's probably my sister who copied that... LOL

Katerine

Butterfly123
Ar Rahman Ft Pussycat Dolls - Jai Ho (you Are My Destiny)

oh that was the song i was looking for on itunes lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
"Ahem, I hope I'm not interrupting something." Win said walking in on the two. He quickly gestured and walked towards the pair and took a seat between Ji Yun and Dream.
"Hey, Witarwirn, what are you doing here buddy?"
"Nothing, I came by to see my soon to be fiance. Is that wrong?" Win said grabbing Dream's hand. She quickly pulled her hands from Win's grasp, but her efforts failed as Win took possession of them once again.

oh part of my fanfic LOL