The Maeya Nonthawan case

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
lol But to many people, Ch3 definitely has a lot of "pretty flower boys" compare to the other channels. Ch7 has more of the manlier types and OneHD mainly consist of the older generation. At least that's how I see it.
You can't deny that looks doesn't play a factor when it comes to popularity and hiring. Visual is a big deal. Not to bring Koreans into this but similarly, they're obsess with visuals too. People don't even care about talent anymore, and that's just really sad.
Anyways, Mark used to be cute to me. I will admit that yes, he's still somewhat cute but his acting still has not gotten better, and I was a fan of this dude since his debut. I gave him the benefit of doubt for many years but he still hasn't prove me wrong. lol But that's cool that you like him. :)
I am more of a fan of the older generation like Ken Theeradeth, Aum, and etc. I'm whatever about the younger generation. I don't think many of them are talented when it comes to acting, which I find rather sad. There's a good amount of them that can act but most of them makes me cringe, sadly. It's so hard for me to enjoy lakorns now because of that. :(
55 I never deny ch3 have the most prettiest p’ek aka “flower boys” lol thank god they do though cuz ch7 sucks so bad lol just a personal preference. Ch7 has more country/tan/ban-ban, more Thai/Lao looking people you could say. But that’s not to say they’re better in acting or so cuz they suck pretty bad generally. I have not seen a good ch7 Lakorn in years!!!! I think that’s just how bad they have gotten! :(

I think people are just generally harsh with Mark, he debuted at about the same time as everyone his generation and none of those are any better. So maybe people just picky with Mark and harsher on his acting. But I understand not everyone has to like his acting or him, cuz I don’t necessarily like other people too lolz it’s just all preferences. I find Mark’s acting generally really likable. He’s not over the top aggressive in the acting but he’s consistent and that I like because his looks and demeanor matches with what he does so far. Plus, he’s still very very young. Most people don’t hit their acting career til they’re in the 30s. So, Mark is constantly making progress and very forgiving. He’s been getting better and better roles and scripts and I know he’ll def outshine one day in the acting. :)

When people compare acting, I try to go watch other people and I always get this “what the heck? That’s acting? Geez, I can get that from Mark and he’s so much more eye candy!” Lol— that’s just me feeling whenever I watch other people. To be frank, no other male actor has wow me either and plus their looks aren’t appealing to me so maybe that’s why I love Mark as he is!! :)

As for visual talk, if you’re ugly it’s going to be really hard to be an actor, period! Lol. So yes, looks has a whole lot to do with it otherwise any ugly person would be an actor lol and people would be criticizing about an ugly looking person on tv all the time!

On a bottom note, I do appreciate the good looking actors/stars bc without looks, it’s hard to swallow and finish a Lakorn generally. Acting is something can be learned, so looks comes first! :D not being superficial, just stating the obvious!

I think ch3 is also very fair. They have some ugly p’ek, some old ass dudes still playing p’ek, so they’re not that uptight with just good looks. They’re just as lenient but it’s just that ugly and old ass p’ek don’t get notice much compared to the good looking ones lol

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Honestly Mark hard time emoting in KC that I never bought his fiancee was dear to him. In RN he still rely too much on his good look and smile. Nothing about scream ancient prince. Still feels too Mark? Mark acting after almost 10 years is still that ?

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Honestly Mark hard time emoting in KC that I never bought his fiancee was dear to him. In RN he still rely too much on his good look and smile. Nothing about scream ancient prince. Still feels too Mark? Mark acting after almost 10 years is still that ?
Lol, only 7 years! He debuted in 2010! Other people from his generation debuted way before he did and they’re just as horrible!

In Raknakara, he’s not supposed to be an ancient prince, he’s actually a modern man with a western mindset in that era. Did you not see his dressing and western view and thinking? :p

I don’t doubt his crying is super cute and cringy sometimes lol but the other people from his generation aren’t any better. Haha he doesn’t rely on good looks at all, he is handsome! Lol! I still believe in him. He’s super adorable and his acting is unique. Im going to keep giving him chances, haha! :p I have seen many people arguing that his acting is bad, lol, but I find his acting always likable, maybe I’m just a huge fan! :D either you like his Lakorn or you don’t, it’s no big deal but I believe in him. I do hope he continues to receive great acting lessons to prove people wrong in the future.

On a fine note, I like his looks too much, I can always overlook the minor flaws in his acting!:celebrate16::risas3: And like I said, he needs to be given more serious and developed roles, he’ll def prove people wrong! :p I hope he’ll get to work with Broadcast next!

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I really hope Maeya never goes the skin lightening route or feels pressured into it because we really need to get rid of the notion that darker skin isn't beautiful. I believe representation is important, we really do need to see actors of all different shades on-screen & not just one image. The more we see of just one kind of beauty, the more it gets ingrained in our minds consciously/subconsciously that "this" is beautiful and anything that doesn't meet that standard isn't. Lets also break away from casting darker skinned people in either supporting or stereotypical roles too.

As for Mark, the only time he has been likeable in my eyes was in KC but I think that had more to do with Yaya than him lol.

Last edited:

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I think opportunity, luck, timing, connection, management, reception from media and public have a lot to do with the success or failure of the actors.

I also think having charisma on screen will fare better than just good look.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I really hope Maeya never goes the skin lightening route or feels pressured into it because we really need to get rid of the notion that darker skin isn't beautiful. I believe representation is important, we really do need to see actors of all different shades on-screen & not just one image. The more we see of just one kind of beauty, the more it gets ingrained in our minds consciously/subconsciously that "this" is beautiful and anything that doesn't meet that standard isn't. Lets also break away from casting darker skinned people in either supporting or stereotypical roles too & for the life of me.

As for Mark, the only time he has been likeable in my eyes was in KC but I think that had more to do with Yaya than him lol.
Perfectly said ! Thank you !