The RANDOMNESS Thread

dalhou

sarNie Egg
I saw my first code a couple nights ago. 

At first I thought I'm the kind of person that can handle the emotional distress of seeing another person die. It really hit home for me though. 

71 yo white female, cardiac arrest. We pushed epi, maxed it out. Bicarb. Shocked her twice. She had a weak pulse. In the end, she was responsive to verbal cues which is a miracle. 

According to the cardiologist, she is going to have a lot of brain damage. Her oxygen saturation went down to 87%. 

I don't know what happened to her, I only work in the emergency department. 

The chest compressions though. It's like her chest was made out of jello. 

I've changed, this has changed me, I am not the same. Even though I keep saying the same thing. 

To the person above: Life is like monkey bars, you have to let go of one bar to get to the next. What are you holding on to?

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
dalhou said:

At first I thought I'm the kind of person that can handle the emotional distress of seeing another person die. It really hit home for me though. 

71 yo white female, cardiac arrest. We pushed epi, maxed it out. Bicarb. Shocked her twice. She had a weak pulse. In the end, she was responsive to verbal cues which is a miracle. 

According to the cardiologist, she is going to have a lot of brain damage. Her oxygen saturation went down to 87%. 

I've changed, this has changed me, I am not the same. Even though I keep saying the same thing. 

To the person above: Life is like monkey bars, you have to let go of one bar to get to the next. What are you holding on to?

working at the hospital is no joke.... i feel your pain too.... it'll be ok

cecilia

Staff member
dalhou said:

I know what you meant .. events like this change our lives forever .. I used to work as an interpreter at the hospital and one day I was asked to translate something to an 24 years old father and an 70 years old grandma in the Oncology department.  It was so hard to have to tell them that they have so and so days left. I remember it vividly the tears kept on rolling on its own -- after I left them, I realized that life is too precious. People shouldn't waste too much time to dwell on each other.  We ought to enjoy life to the fullest at our own pace and share our happiness as much as we can to those we love.   This experience with them changed me completely to a better person - more patient, more caring, and more loving toward the people around me.

dalhou

sarNie Egg
I love medicine, I'm married to medicine. Sex, love, joy, friendship, hunger, natural body functions are all just distractions to me, necessary things to deal with. They take me away from what I love the most, the body. 

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
My friend tried to give me a slice of cake from Cheesecake Factory and I couldn't believe it... I mean that one slice of cheesecake has 1200 calories ALONE. That is more than half the daily calories a pregnant person should consume :lol: When I told her this all she could say was, "But you're pregnant you can eat whatever you want." 

So untrue, where do people get this misconception that you can eat whatever and however much you want when pregnant? Everything you eat affects your baby a close friend of mines had an 8 lb baby 2 months pre-mature due to hypertension ... 

But even if I weren't pregnant... 1200 calories for one slice of cheesecake seems severely unhealthy -.-. 

cecilia

Staff member
I think it's okay to eat what you like/want as long as you know how to control it ... I indulge myself with cheese cake once in awhile. My sister makes the best one and I love it even more when she scoop them in tiny cupcake holder so this give me control when I think of the amount I have :p

Anyway, this is random too .. the other day, I decided to add this one guy into my friend list because he's friend of a friend. Well, he private message me and asked me to be his offscreen friend .. I told him to just be FB friend first. Well, a day later, he message me again and ask for a body shot photo .. that was creepy and rude at the same time. I blocked him immediately and now, I'm back to being strict about friend request lol

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
If is going to be 1200 a piece, I may as well find whole cake with the same amount of calories and eat the whole thing all by myself. HAHA :yummy:

CC that is very creepy, and this guy is a friend of a friend? That is so rude and idiotic of him.  I would have told him off before blocking him.

I have less than 10 FB friends which they're all family, and I don't even FB friend-ed with my real friends LOLz

byebye

sarNie OldFart
When I was pregnant with my first son, at 8 months I didn't care what I look like or how much weight I put on. I can really eat the entire box of pizza by myself and more. If I wanted something, I just eat it without second thought. I know that I would have to pay the price later, but I didn't care. I look awful with my stomach so far out, everything about me was big anyway.

Well, I gained 55lbs with my son. I was always a size 2 and I ballooned to a 10-12 lol. I did lose weight easily when my son was about 6-7 months I went back to 113. With my second son, I could not gain weight if I wanted to. I gained the required which was 27 lbs. Now...I am 103lbs. I am a smaller size than I was in high school.

I don't have FB nor am I going to get one.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
That moment when you just want to bash your friend's head for calling in a favor and that favor is: say yes to my boss when he ask you out for dinner.

OMFG..just rememeber payback is a b*%&$

1200 cal in 1 piece? Dang, i barely do 1700 cal a day.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
My friend tried to give me a slice of cake from Cheesecake Factory and I couldn't believe it... I mean that one slice of cheesecake has 1200 calories ALONE. That is more than half the daily calories a pregnant person should consume :lol: When I told her this all she could say was, "But you're pregnant you can eat whatever you want." 

So untrue, where do people get this misconception that you can eat whatever and however much you want when pregnant? Everything you eat affects your baby a close friend of mines had an 8 lb baby 2 months pre-mature due to hypertension ... 

But even if I weren't pregnant... 1200 calories for one slice of cheesecake seems severely unhealthy -.-. 
omg, babygirl, ur pregos??  so exciting!

i still remember from back in the day when u two were still dating!  the "sarnworld" days!  ha!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Thookatha said:
omg, babygirl, ur pregos??  so exciting!

i still remember from back in the day when u two were still dating!  the "sarnworld" days!  ha!
Yes ma'ammm! Baby will be here like in July ^.^ Little baby boy lol. People keep telling me "You're so young, you can't be pregnant." I'm over here like I turn 28 this year in July rofl. 

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
Yes ma'ammm! Baby will be here like in July ^.^ Little baby boy lol. People keep telling me "You're so young, you can't be pregnant." I'm over here like I turn 28 this year in July rofl. 
yeah, i will prob never have kids with the way i'm going...lol...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Thookatha said:
yeah, i will prob never have kids with the way i'm going...lol...
You never know it  could happen when you least expect it lol, like maybe a cute guy spots you from across the coffee shop and sends you a cup of coffee. No such thing is to late or to early lol! I was told I was insane, crazy, stupid, ignorant, dumb, so many things when I decided to marry Tim lol. I bet those people don't think so now lol 8 years later lol ...

On another note, I know people like to say "There is no such thing as a stupid question." Well yes, yes there is such thing as a stupid question! Quesitons like

"How did you get pregnant?" ---- A stork magically dropped a baby in my belly lol 
"Does your husband know?" --- Well .. I mean.. I am due like any day now. He must be really stupid or plain blind if he doesn't notice by now..Oh wait I forgot he's the one going goo goo gah gah and buying all this stuffs 
"Is your husband the father?" --- Really??? Do I really look the type???
"Do you plan on keeping him?" --- I guess this is a valid question in some cases, but I mean who freaking would literally ask anyone this without feeling some sense of awkwardness??? 

sarN

sarNie Granny
I can't wait to see the baby tooooo!!! I was one of those girl who thought u married young too haha but it all cool^^it work out for the best but your school thingy , you been there way back when it was sarnworld & up til now loll 10 years later you still in school HAHaHa & now u a mommy!! I'm excited about the baby idk ..I love baby & I want one soo bad. I had thought about u when I was living oversea, I don't know why lol, there are just some ppl you thought about now & then for no reason at all!!! Hearing u pregnant I feel like I'm having a baby loll...I'm counting days!!

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Nice to see a thread like this hahaha
I'll be sharing random thoughts too, happy and sad.
  • It is more than I month since I registered here. I'm thankful that I met people like you who also share the love for everything Thai and made me feel that I'm not alone in being a fan of Thai ET in general. :)
  • I imagine scenarios about me and my crush especially when I watch lakorns lol.
  • Sometimes I feel lost and stressed and even don't know what to do.
  • I have this fear of not having the life that I and my family deserve.
  • Finding a job is stressful but I know that I'll get there
  • I'm afraid of being disappointed all over again
  • After all as long as I do something then it's better than nothing at all
  • I really want to migrate to another country
  • How I wish everything has English translations so everyone is happy lol
  • They say there's a quarter life crisis and I feel like I have it despite of my age which is 21.
  • I can't wait for Cupids The Series to air especially Ken and Chompoo's story! It's going to be a long wait though
  • I wish everyone would make amends and live life without grudges
  • I badly need to buy a laptop charger and even battery. Or buy a new one if really needed.
  • I miss being a student :(
That's all for now I guess. Lol

anan

sarNie Adult
Welcome to AsianFuse @Maricon !!! :)

It's been agesssss that i haven't been there :rolleyes:... Probably 5 - 7 years passed by...
and now wondering how are our old Sarnies there ??? :angel10:

- married and settle down already ?

- maybe have big kids already ??

- or still single and/or looking for their prince (or princesse) charming ??:icon12:

- busy (or struggle) with their professional & personal lives ??:fighting3:

- ... and still addicted to thai (or other korean) lakorns ?? :p

Just hope that everyone there are getting well....
and above all,
happy in what u do. ;)

Happy Weekend everyone !!! ;)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Randomness talk:

I’d like to say I’m a positive, optimistic person most of the time but sometimes I deal with negative thinking! I don’t like it, just brings me down and doesn’t make life beautiful at all! So yes, I’d say I’d like to be more Positive, let go of negative thoughts, and so I can fall in Love with life even More!! One key to happiness I believe is having good, positive thoughts:)

Another thing is, I’m planning a road trip with my wonderful friend to South Dakota, about 10 hours drive from where we live! I’m extremely excited and have researched as to what attractions there are there! Every once in a while, do something you yourself will thank yourself for.. get a nice haircut, take a walk and soak up the sun, Sing! if you like to sing and record how Good you sound!;), buy that purse you’ve been eyeing, etc. It’s so good to take care of yourself because you can’t pour from an empty cup!! I like this quote: “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde :icon12::love: Love yourself, because at the end of the day, you’re all you’ve got.

Last edited:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨

Lol I thought this was funny :risas3: Girls and guys sure are different sometimes in their thinking

Credit Relationship Rules FB