The Unfortunates

fun

Expired Sarnie
I skipped most of Yard’s part lol! Guess you can tell I am not a big fan of hers. Anyways so sad that Rita’s dad left her. Her family is completely fallen apart. I wouldn’t blame her for her anger. So I am curious to know if it is Rita or Ae who is leaking out all those photos and news lol…

Again more Rteam moments! =D

transcend89

sarNie Adult
great i don't know who to feel more sorry for rita or yard...both situations are bad and so much sadness ugh want more sweet scenes of rteam and did rita/ae really do all that stalking taew wherever she goes revenge drives you crazy

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
poor Rita.. her brother's dead, her mother is crazy, and now her drunkard father left her. I hope she sees the light soon.

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Can't believe Yard's dad had a mistress behind their backs for that many years. It seem like her brother,Thun and sister, Nam are so selfish. Leaving Yard, her mom and the young siblings to be with the dad. And how could Thun not invite Yard,his brothers and mother to his own wedding! Yard's mom is so damn bogus with Yard.

It's just so sad that Rita's dad just left even without saying goodbye to her. Nothing but the letter.

Taew, she's gone way out of hand!!!

Great update RR!!​

transcend89

sarNie Adult
reading so much ff i thought you posted another update lol keep it up who else do i have to feel sorry for next...

I skipped most of Yard’s part lol! Guess you can tell I am not a big fan of hers. Anyways so sad that Rita’s dad left her. Her family is completely fallen apart. I wouldn’t blame her for her anger. So I am curious to know if it is Rita or Ae who is leaking out all those photos and news lol…

same here, Fun4fun! lol...i don't like yard all that much either...so i just skimmed her part...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
sorry for the late update lol.

Chapter 7

Rome steps on the gas pedal to get to Taew as fast as he can. Anger starts emerging him, how could his own sister lie to him, especially when he gave her his trust. The car screeches as he brakes. He walks out of his car and storms into Pim’s house. He walked pass Taew’s car and marches inside. He didn’t even bother to knock the door and he kicked the door open. The maids tried to stop Rome, because they don’t know who he is. Rome pries himself through them and runs upstairs where he can hear giggling. There were many doors, he didn’t have time to search them all, then suddenly he heard Taew’s voice. He opens the door to find Taew with her friends taking pictures of themselves.

Taew: Rome? What are you doing here?!

Rome: You have to come with me now.

Taew: No, I’m with my friends at the moment. I’ll come home later.

Rome: That wasn’t a choice, you are going home now. Get your things or else you will leave without them.

Taew: I’m not leaving. I’m an adult, I don’t need to listen to you.

Rome: Taew, I will give you to the count of three and if you are not going to leave, then I will drag you out and you will never see your friends again.

Taew: You’re not serious---

Rome: 1…

Taew: Rome, you’re being unreasonable---

Rome: 2…

Taew: I’m not going.

Rome: 3!

Taew: That’s what I thought----ahhhhhhhhhhh Rome, drop me this instant. You have no right to carry me out. I am an adult, I demand you to put me down this second.

Rome didn’t listen, he did want he said, he carried Taew out without her stuff. Pim and Nam were shocked to see what was happening, but were also in awe at how hot Rome looked, and his big muscles. Rome threw Taew in the car and walked over to his side. The whole time he was driving, Taew was hitting and yelling at him, but he didn’t care. Next, Taew took the steering wheel and pulled on it, making them swerve a bit, Rome braked instantly, causing them to be pulled forward. Taew yelled at Rome for being a horrible driver, but this time Rome had enough. He raised his voice and told Taew to be quiet, and if she pulls that kind of stuff again, he will never help her again. This shut Taew up, and for the first time, she was scared of Rome.

They finally got home and their parents handled Taew, while Rome decided to leave to cool off. Before he left, he told one of the drivers to go get Taew’s car back and her stuff. Frustrated, Rome decides that he will go to work, since work usually calms him down.

-----------------

Rita was already at Rome’s office waiting for him, but he still didn’t show up yet. She thought to herself that Rome must be one of those playboys who know how to make women’s buttons to tick, because Rita hates waiting for people she didn’t really like. Finally Rome shows up, shocked to see Rita sitting in the chair in front of his desk. A smile rose to his face, making all his frustration disappear at that moment.

Rome: Rita?

Rita: Rome, hi. (putting on a fake smile) I was waiting for a long time, I thought you told me to meet you again.

Rome: Oh yes, sorry I forgot. I had some family issues to intend to first. Sorry to keep you waiting. Let me make it up to you, you must be hungry right now, let’s go to lunch.

Rita: Aren’t I supposed to start work today?

Rome: You can start tomorrow, today you get to spend time with me.

Rita: Are you sure that’s appropriate?

Rome: It’s just an employee hanging out with their boss, there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just going to welcome you to the team. Please.

Rita: With that face, I can’t say no. (inside she wanted to gag at what she said)

With a smile, Rome took Rita’s hand and led her to his car. He drove her to a special place that he loved, the zoo. He loved going to the zoo, but Taew never wanted to go with him, nor did Ae. Rita was kind of shocked to see the entrance that had the word ‘Zoo’ written on it. Rome couldn’t wait, so he grabbed Rita’s hand ran inside.

They first went to get a bite to eat, then he started taking around the zoo. This was like his 100th time being there, so he was an expert. Rita was so fascinated, the last time she went to the zoo was when she was like 10 years old. All the animals were so cool. When they got to the aquarium first, Rita started making fish faces to them, and soon after, Rome did it too. Rome decided to buy a camera from the local gift shop to take pictures of their time together. Rita was so happy being at the zoo, she would pose for Rome and would have fun with Rome. They went to the monkey area, and while Rita was making monkey faces at the monkeys, one of them went to the glass window made kissy lips to Rita. Rita made a kissy face back at the monkey, and Rome got jealous wishing he was the monkey at that moment where Rita would make a kissy face at him.

The day ended well. Rita wiped herself out and fell asleep while Rome was driving. Every time there was a stop light, he would over to Rita, he wished there to be more stop lights so he could be with Rita longer, but he did drive around a bit longer so he could be near her for this long. When he finally stopped at her house, he tapped her on the shoulder. Since Rita was facing the other way, the tap made her turn to the other side, where her nose brushed onto Rome’s. Their eyes met and both of them didn’t move. Rita could feel Rome’s warm breath on top of her, and the smell of cotton candy lingered through her nose. Rome started moving closer, trying to close the gap between them with a kiss, when suddenly someone started pounding on the car window, causing Rome to move back and Rita to sit up. It was Tye.

-----------

Tye: What were you doing with that guy? Who is he?

Rita: He’s no one, just my boss.

Tye: Your boss?! He almost tried to kiss you, that isn’t work-like.

Rita: It wasn’t anything Tye.

Tye: Rita, I know you’re not like that, but tell me why it looked like you wanted to kiss him too?

Rita: I didn’t. It’s nothing Tye.

Tye: Rita (holding onto both of her hands) I love you and know you better than a lot of people, so tell me the truth. I know you don’t want to talk about your family situation, but ever since you came back here, you’ve changed.

Rita: Of course I’ve changed (pulling her hands away from Tye), my brother died, my mother is in the mental facility, and I have no clue where my father is or if he’s okay. This would have never happened if I didn’t leave to go to America.

Tye: You can’t blame yourself for this.

Rita: I am responsible for my family falling apart, I wasn’t here when they needed me the most.

Tye: It’s not your fault.

Rita: Tye, you say that you love me, but let me tell you right now, I see you only as a friend and nothing more than a good friend. (he wanted to speak, but let Rita finish) Can you be my friend because I need your help with something.

Tye: I will always love you no matter what, but if all I can be is your friend, that’s better than nothing. What do you need help with?

Rita started explaining the letters that Mario wrote about Taew, her plans for revenge, and getting up to date with all that she knows. Tye had promised Rita that he wouldn’t tell anyone else and will support her through this, because that’s what friends do.

Rita: Now, here’s what I need you to do. Rome has this friend, she may be able to give us more information and access to getting closer to Rome and Taew. I need you to try to woo her over. The information I got from her was that she has been Rome’s friend for 10 years, so if we befriend her, it would make our job a lot easier.

Tye: Tell me she’s not ugly.

Rita: Dumbo. Is looks all you care about? Anyways there’s a picture of her, she’s not ugly at all, I think she’s pretty. Here, take a look. (Tye takes the picture and is shocked)

Tye: I can’t do that for you. Are you sure this is her?

Rita: Yes. Her name is Yard. She works odds jobs for her family. She only finished high school before she started working. She’s also 25, like me. Do you think you can do it?

Tye: Do I have to? (she nods yes) It’s just…ugh, never mind. I’ll do it.

Rita: Great! Here’s what you do…

----------------

Tye tries to remember what Rita told him, he walked into Yard’s workplace, except just seeing her made him feel mad so he didn’t see that he knocked into a chair. It made a loud noise, and everyone turn and looks at Tye. He awkwardly laughed it off and started walking again. He couldn’t find a place to sit, so he sat in the only empty spot which was in the corner closest to the bathrooms. He knew that Yard saw him and was talking her sweet time before coming to take his order. Finally she walked up to him.

Yard: What are you doing here?

Tye: What do you think? That I came to see you? Dream on.

Yard: I don’t have time for your games; tell me you want to have?

Tye: Umm…uhh…I…hmm…

Yard: I don’t have all day. Hurry up.

Tye: (he builds up all his courage and repeats in his head that he’s doing this for Rita, then takes a big breath) I would like to ask if you would like to out on a date with me?

Yard: WHAT?! Are you out of your mind? Crazy.

Tye: I’m not kidding, I am asking you sincerely.

Yard: No. Leave here at once, you’re going crazy. (under her breath) Weirdo.

Tye was getting upset; he can’t believe that she shot him down. He had to waste his time to come here and this happens. He slams his hands on the table, causing everyone to look at him again, and yelled out to Yard, “If you don’t go out with me, then I will kept asking you at the top of my lungs until you say yes.” She didn’t believe him and went back to work, trying to ignore him. Sure enough he started yelling out asking Yard to go out with him. After many customers complaining, Yard reluctantly agreed.

------------------

Ae: Mom! Come here.

Ae’s mom: What is it daughter?

Ae: Look at this article, FRONT PAGE news. It’s Taew.

Ae’s mom: Would you look at that? She’s finally getting a taste of her own medicine. Who told her to mess with my daughter? Now what do you want to do with her?

Ae: Hmmm, I don’t know. We already gave her a bad image, what’s next?

Ae’s mom: We could leak more pictures out, until she can’t show her face out in public.

Ae: Okay, but we have to make sure Rome doesn’t find out, and this can’t harm his company. If stockholders pull out, then he won’t be rich anymore, and then all my efforts would be gone to waste.

Ae’s mom: Don’t worry. It looks like Taew is falling off her pedestal.

Ae: And soon, I will be able to get the last laugh.

----------------

Rita: Tye, that’s great news. So do you know where you’re going to take her? Make sure you don’t come on too strong or act too suspicious. Okay, I’ll talk to you later; right now I’m at the store. Bye.

Just as Rita hung up the phone and went to the cash register, she bumped into someone, causing them to fall and drop their stuff.

Rita: Oops, I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there. Here, let me help you.

Nat: Next time looking where you’re going! Don’t you have eyes---(looks up and sees an angel) Oh, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?

Rita: Yes I am. Look, I really sorry that I bumped into you, I wasn’t looking.

Nat: No, no it was my fault.

Rita: Well, I have to go now, again sorry. I hope you’re alright. Bye.

Rita walked away after handing Nat his stuff, and Nat just stood there amazed at the angel that just talked to him. He never saw anyone like her before, she was so beautiful, he was captured by her beauty, but he forgot to ask for her name. On the other hand, Rita smiled contently at the mission accomplished.

------------

Yard: Should I go? Why did he even ask me? Why did I agree? What should I do? (calls May) Hello May? This is Yard. I have a question to ask you. Oh, you’re busy right now, okay never mind then, I guess it can wait. Bye. (hangs up and calls Rome) Rome? It’s Yard. Ummm, I just wanted to ask you question, yeah I know we haven’t hanged out for a long time. Yeah you haven’t told me about that Rita girl yet. Listen, I have something to ask you…you going on a date right now? Okay, I’ll just talk to you later, bye. (hangs up) What to do?

Tye: You should go.

Yard: Wah! You scared me. (gasping for air) How did you get back here?

Tye: Oh, your manager let me, he remembered me from this morning. Don’t tell me you’re going to dress like that. (looks at her up and down and points and her dirty work clothes) I think you should change your clothes.

Yard: Why? Don’t want to go to with me anymore? Why does it matter how I dress like?

Tye: (he really wanted to yes, but again he reminded himself that he was doing this for Rita) No, not at all. If you want to dress like that, be my guest.

They finally reached the destination, and Yard got outside the car and her mouth dropped. Tye thought it was because she has never seen a mansion this close up, but really it was Yard’s father’s house that she was going to enter.

Yard: Are we really going to go in there? Can we go somewhere else? I don’t want to in here.

Tye: Yes we’re going in there. Scared? I told you to change before.

Yard: It’s not that, it’s that---

Tye: Stop complaining and let’s go already.

Yard: Can we not stay here for that long? I don’t want to be here.

Tye: Don’t worry, all you have to do is smile and stay right next to me, that simple.

Yard didn’t want to go and mingle, she was afraid that she was going to see her father and his family. She tried tugging on Tye’s shirt, but he would give her a look that made her stop. She did what Tye said; she stood next him and smiled at all the people they met. They were about to leave, right when someone yelled out Tye’s name. They looked back, and it was the person Yard didn’t want to see, her father.

--------------

Rita: Rome? Where are you taking me?

Rome: To see the stars.

Rita: Why? We don’t need to go this far to see the stars; we could see that back at home.

Rome: No, I know a place where you can see the best stars in the world.

Rita: Okay. But can I take this blindfold off so I see where we’re going.

Rome: No, I don’t want to ruin the surprise, and if you take it off, you would see the stars and then it wouldn’t as much fun.

Rita: Fine, just tell when we get there.

After awhile, Rita fell asleep and this was perfect for Rome to set everything up. He lightly tapped her on the shoulder, and Rita began waking up from her wonderful nap.

Rita: Are we there yet?

Rome: Yeah we are. Here, let me take there, keep the blindfold on. Hold onto my hand.

Rita: Are you sure I can trust you?

Rome: You have no choice, you have to. Okay, on the count of three I want you to take off the blindfold. 1…2…3

She took it off and was amazed to see candles surrounding them in a heart shape at her house. She gave Rome a quick smile.

Rita: So what did you do, drive me around thinking we were going somewhere and when I got tired, you set this entire thing up?

Rome: Yep. Do you like it? (she nods) Good, there’s more. Look over at your front door.

Rita: I don’t see anything. (right after she said that, her door light up with lights in a star shape) It’s beautiful.

Rome: I told you I know where you can see the best stars in the world.

Rita: You are such a charmer. Thank you, but it’s this going to run up my electricity bill?

Rome: Silly, you don’t need to plug it in all the time, just when you want to. Now, let’s go see some real stars, I brought a telescope for us.

-------------

Yard: Yeah, thanks for the ride.

Tye watched Yard go inside her house before driving off. When Yard reached inside, she flipped on the light switch and saw her mother sitting at the kitchen table.

Yard’s mom: Do you know what time it is? Where have you been? Don’t tell me you were at work, I already called there and they told me you were off at 8 P.M. and it’s already 11:40 P.M. What where you doing this late at night? (walking towards Yard, then grabbing a hold of her)

Yard: I’m really tired mom. Can we talk tomorrow? I went out on date, that’s all. It was nothing.

Yard’s mom: Nothing?! You expect me to believe that? How can you be on a date if you are still in your work clothes? (pushes Yard down) I told you to watch over your brothers, but instead you decide to folly around town. (starts hitting Yard) I didn’t raise you this way. You’re acting like your father. Stop acting like a tramp and focus on working from now on.

Yard runs into the bathroom and locks it. She starts splashing water over her face as tears run down her cheeks.

*flashback*
Yard’s dad: Tye, you’re already leaving, come and chat with me a bit. I didn’t get a chance to talk to you tonight.

Tye: We were about to go. I noticed that you were busy tonight, so I didn’t want to bother you. Oh by the way, this is my date, Yard Rachapal. (both not acknowledging the other) You two know each other or something?

Yard’s dad: No, not really.

Yard: Actually, yes we do. I’m his daughter, from his first wife. (guests that were still there looked at Yard as she said those words, whispering to each other). Too difficult to say FATHER?

Yard’s dad tried to calm down the guests by saying Yard had too much to drink, believing his lie, they all left.

Yard: Do I really embarrass you? Can you not even admit that you have a daughter like me?

Yard’s dad: Enough! We may share the same blood, but you are not my daughter. When I left your mother, I left you too. Remember that.
*end of flashback*

Yard falls to the floor wishing that she could erase today out of her mind. She doesn’t want to remember her father, how he left them to starve and suffer. All these years, she always hoped that he cared for them but now she knows that he doesn’t, not anymore.

------------

Rita,

Taew and I have been going out for some time now. It’s getting serious; I have been waiting for the right moment to confess my love to her. I’m afraid, not because of what others might say, but what she will say. No matter how dark a tunnel is, her love will be my light to guide me through it. I wish that we could stay like this forever.

Spoilers:

“Rome, help me. Quick. Help.”
“I’m sorry, but…”
“Rome is going to be mine.”
Mario: “It’s better to have loved than to never have loved at all”

lady0fdarkness

I love zoos too! I could really picture R-Team at the zoo together. So Rita is really getting herr feet in the door with Tye working along with her.

Hmm.... Nat... he's probably going to be an obstacle for Rome.

lenaaun

sarNie Juvenile

I am not a fan of Yard also. It was a cute moment at the zoo.

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Awwies, Rome and Rita at the zoo together! Ahahaha Rome got jealous of the monkey making kissing face at Rita. Awwwws, Rome is such a sweetheart and so romantic! Rome and Rita seem to be getting really close with other. Rome, totally falling in love with Rita! Yard's dad is such a jerk!

Thanks for the update RR!​

transcend89

sarNie Adult
love the rteam moments the zoo and star scene is super awesome can't wait for more moments with them wished they put those types of scenes with rteam in lakorns...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 8

It’s been a few days since the incident at Yard’s dad’s house. Tye can’t seem to be able to stop thinking about it, Yard’s face was so painful when her father not even claiming her as his own. He’s ashamed to meet her again, but Rita had already told him that he had too. Tye walks up to the restaurant, and looked in and saw Yard working. There was something about her that made him want to be there to save her, to be her hero.

May: Tye, what are you doing here?

Tye: Oh, May. Nothing, I was just going to see if this would be a good restaurant to eat at, I was walking around and started to get hungry. How about you?

May: This is where Yard works, I haven’t seen her in a few days so I wanted to stop by and say hi. Let’s both go in and check up on Yard.

Tye: Okay then. I was just going to get a quick bite anyways.

May pulls Tye into the store and Yard immediately sees her friend. She was afraid to go near them because her wounds from her mother haven’t healed fully yet, and she didn’t want May to be worried.

May: Yard! Over here. (Yard hesitantly walks over) Oh my god! What happened to you? Why do you have all these bruises on your arms and your face too?

Tye: Are you okay? What happened?

Yard: Oh it’s nothing. I fell down a couple of times, and then I bumped into a door. Funny right?

May: Tell me the truth Yard. I know you’re lying.

Yard: Fine, the truth is, I didn’t see where I was going so I bumped into some woman causing her to drop her stuff. She got mad and started beating me up. Happy?

May: Did you get her name? Tell me what she looked like.

Yard: May, thanks for caring so much, but I don’t remember what she looks like anymore. Enough about me, what would you two like to order?

------------------------------

A Couple Days Later

Tye: Something’s fishy Rita. Yard was bruised, and she said it was because of some lady she bumped into. But from what I could see, I think she’s lying.

Rita: You’re worried about her now. Awwww. Why don’t you find out the truth then and see if she was really telling the truth or not.

Tye: I’m not worried about her like that, it’s just that I don’t want her injured while I have to be with her, otherwise people might think that I had something to do with it. Enough about me, why are you so dressed up?

Rita: I’m not dressed up, and I’m going out with Rome tonight.

Tye: Again? This is like the third time this week! Are you making any progress yet?

Rita: Progress takes time. It hasn’t even been that long, but according to my plans, he will fall head over heels for me and after that, he’ll ask me to marry him.

Tye: Marriage? When do you plan on that happening?

Rita: I give it less than 3 months.

Tye: Are you crazy?! 3 months? Rita, you can’t be serious, I think you should stop before you go overboard.

Rita: Not yet, they haven’t felt the same way I have. Rome is going to be mine. Well I got to go, Rome is going to take me out. Bye and make sure to lock up when you leave.

Tye: Bye. (Rita leaves) Rita, I’m afraid that you’re going to dig a hole too deep that you won’t be able to get out of. You say that you are doing this for revenge, but you look like you’re in love. *SIGH*

---------------------------------

Rita: So Mr. Patchata, what are we going to do tonight after we just ate?

Rome: Well it’s a surprise, and before you say anything, I already know that you’ll love it.

Rita: Fine. So if you’re not going to tell me where we’re going, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about work. I contacted with the Nuthe Company and talked to them about our idea of expanding the business and our marketing pitch too.

Rome: Rita (laugh) we can talk about work later, why not just relax and enjoy this evening. Look we’re here.

Rita: Here? At the beach? I’m not dressed for the beach.

Rome: Don’t worry. Just wait.

Rome quickly gets out and walks to open Rita’s door. He blindfolds her and leads her onto the sand. Once they get to the spot, Rome takes the blindfold off and Rita discovers candles and an electric violin player waiting for her.

Rome: This is for you. (hands Rita a postcard of the aquarium that was at the zoo they went to before)

Rita: What is this?

Rome: Read the back.

Rita: Out of all the fishes in the sea, please dance with me.

She looks at Rome who put out his hand, she smiles and decides to take his hand. Rome then cues the violin player to play the music. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQw7Ca6xfYY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQw7Ca6xfYY [/url]

Rita: Isn’t she lovely by Stevie Wonder? (he nods) My mom loves this song, when my dad was trying to date my mom, he played this song to tell everyone that the loveliest girl was her.

Rome: I guess it worked then.

Rita: I had a question, why did you choose an electric violin player rather than a regular one?

Rome: Because I wanted to be different and plus I love how she plays this for us.

They kept swaying back and forth, dancing to various songs, such as Fly Me to the Moon, Just Call to Say I Love You, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, My Heart Will Go On…then all of the sudden Rome stops and winks at the violin player. She nods and starts playing the Ghostbusters theme song, and Rita starts laughing. He starts showing Rita his cute moves. He started discoing to this, the Mission Impossible song came on, and Rome acted like a secret agent. (author note’s: you can listen to all these song from her :D she’s an amazing electric violin player ^^ )

Rita: What are you doing? Is this dancing?

Rome: It’s fun. Come on, that with me on this song, it’s called Ob-la-di, Ob-la da, by The Beatles.

Rita laughed at Rome’s silliness, but decided to join him on the fun. Just swing and going around in circles, suddenly they tripped. Rita fell on top of Rome, with her head landing on his chest. They both were out of breath from laughing too much, but Rita’s heart was beating faster for another reason. She places her head on Rome’s chest and said, “thank you for tonight.”

Rome: All I want to do is make you smile.

They stayed that way for a while with Rome wrapping his arms around her. Rita finally got back home and couldn’t help smiling so much. She enjoyed every minute she spent with Rome, but she started humming of the songs until she fell asleep.

------------------------------

Taew: Where have you been Rome?

Rome: Out with someone.

Taew: Another girlfriend? I thought you don’t date that much? What happened to you, you’ve been out all this week?

Rome: Don’t worry Taew, I’m not going to cause any news. Now it’s late, go to bed.

Taew: Rome, promise me that you’re not going to rush into anything.

Rome: I won’t. Now go to bed. I want to thank you for being on such good behavior lately. Dad, mom, and I are very proud of you.

Taew: Thanks. Well I’m going to bed now. Bye. (walks to her room, alone) Rome, I’m sorry, but I can’t stay like this, it’s all an act until I’m finally able to go out with my friends again.

-------------------------------

Ae: Moooooooooooooooooooom! Mooooooooooom!

Ae’s mom: What daughter? What’s the matter?

Ae: Look (changing to different channels)

Ae’s mom: What? News. Honey, news is always on, what’s so important?

Ae: Not that. It’s been a week since Taew’s latest news. Once she’s turns into yesterday’s news, then it wouldn’t matter if she parties again, because the news wouldn’t care as much anymore. I need to make her front page news again. What are we going to do?

Ae’s mom: Ae, look, we did a lot with Taew already right now. Let’s focus on Rome for awhile, if you tell him that you’re still here, he might go and be with some other girl.

Ae: Alright, alright. But we have to come up with a plan where we bump into each other again. I don’t want to look desperate.

Ae’s mom: I got it, here’s what we do…

--------------------------------------

Rome is on his way to work. His life was good, his sister is behaving well, he met a wonderful woman that makes him want to get up early in the morning, and he’s going to work to see the face he longs to see. Everything is going on track, and plans to have it that way for a long time. Right when he turned into the parking lot, his phone went off, it was Ae. Rome hesitated to answer, but since Ae had been nothing but nice to him, he parked to answer his phone.

Rome: Hello?

Ae: (franticly) Rome, come quick, I’m by the railroad tracks near the old bridge on the west side. Hurry.

Rome: What? What happened?

Ae: I can’t really say, just my car broke down and now I’m being chased by a group of guys. Please hurry, I tried to call my mom but she didn’t pick up so I called you.

Rome: Why didn’t you call the police?

Ae: I—uh---just hurry. Rome, help me. Quick. Help! (beeeeep)

Rome: Hello? Hello? Ae? Are you still there? Shit.

He started his car and drove, speeding to get to Ae. He was getting worried. On his way over, he called the police. They told him not to go, because it could be dangerous and just to watch for police to arrive. But Rome knew that he had to act fast if he wants to make sure Ae is safe. Rome finally reached the spot, about 40 minutes later. He proceeded out of his car slowly and tried looking for Ae before the group of men her or him. A scream. Rome hears it and runs to its direction; it leads him near the back of the bridge. He kept looking around when Ae runs into his arms, scared.

Ae: Rome. Thank goodness you came. Help me; those guys were trying to do something bad to me. (points to the guys that were surrounding them)

Rome pushes Ae back trying to protect her, and a fist punched Rome right on the left side of his cheek. One punched knocked Rome down to the ground. Two guys grabbed Ae, while the other three started beating up Rome. Rome got luckily and kicked two of them onto the ground and shoved the other one towards the ones holding Ae. Rome grabbed Ae’s hand, and they started to run towards his car. He didn’t know how much longer he could hold on. Who knows if he’s already has internal bleeding or not. Ae tripped on her high heels and the gang was able to catch up to them. Rome was trying to pull Ae up, but her ankle was twisted. The leader of the gang whacked Rome with the bottom of his gun, and with a click, Rome and Ae feared for their lives. They both closed their eyes and with a BANG, someone was shocked.

---------------------------------------

Dear Rita,

My heart races whenever I’m with Taew. Her smile is what gets me up in the morning, and her laughter is contagious. I don’t know if I have ever been this happy before. Soon I hope you can find that someone. I know that you don’t really believe that it can really happen, but let me tell you, it’s better to have loved than to never have loved at all.

TBC

lady0fdarkness

RR.. I like how you wrap up the chapters with letters to Rita from Mario. His letters are so sad.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 9

It’s already been 2 hours now and Rome hasn’t shown up to work. Rita didn’t want to seem like she was worried, but she was. Maybe Rome was meeting someone or he’s sick or something happened to him. Rita was in her office and paced back and forth. There was a knock at the door, excitedly thinking it was Rome. She opened it with a smile, but to see that it was her co-worker, Jill.

Rita: Yes?

Jill: Did you see the news?

Rita: What news?

Jill: Come with me, it’s about Rome.

They ran to the break-room and watched the news. It was about Rome, and Rita was shocked.

TV Anchor: Breaking news. Rome Patchata is currently in the hospital. Other people involved are Rome’s long time girlfriend, Ae was involved and the group of gang members. Police say that they have not caught the gang yet, but are investigating this case. Information of Mr. Patchata is still in the ER, no information is given on his current status, but Ae is said to be okay with few minor scratches and a sprain ankle. No ones why Rome and Ae were found by the old bridge by the railroad tracks, and so far no party has commented. More on this at 4pm.

Jill: Oh my god, I hope Mr. Patchata is okay. I guess everyone knows why he was with Ae over there.

Rita: Really? Why?

Jill: Are you serious? Ae is very beautiful, just put two-and-two together. They make a good-looking couple, and rumor has it that their mothers are already planning for them to get married soon.

Rita: …

Jill: Oh, I have to get back to work, I’ll fill in you more at lunch okay?

Rita: Yeah. Bye. (Jill leaves, Rita’s alone) Rome, is any of that true? Were you just playing me?

--------------------------------------

Rome: What happened? Where am I?

Mr. Patchata: Son, you’re up. Taew, go inform the nurse. Don’t try to move that much Rome, you have just been shot in your left arm. The bullet only skidded out the outside, good thing the police shot the guy in the arm, causing him to miss. You should consider yourself lucky.

Rome: Thanks. How’s Ae? And what about work?

Mrs. Patchata: Sweetie, don’t worry about work, I already called and they said that they got everything under control, and as for the meeting, a girl named Rita Jensen will take your place I think that’s what they said. And as for Ae, her mother called me and said that she’s resting at home.

Rome: I’m glad she’s alright. Would you two mind, I need to call work to talk to them? Privately?

Mrs. Patchata: Are you sure that’s a good idea? I told you---

Mr. Patchata: Honey, don’t worry. Son, we’ll give you some time. Let’s go now dear.

Once his parents left, Rome quickly called Rita.

Rita: Rita Jensen speaking.

Rome: Rita? It’s Rome. Hi---(beep) What? She hung up on me? (calls again)

Rita: Rita Jensen speaking.

Rome: Rita. It’s Rome. Don’t hang up. I’m your boss.

Rita: What do you want?

Rome: Do you know that I’m in the hospital now?

Rita: Yeah I heard, and I heard that you’re okay. What do you want? I don’t have much time, I have to prepare for the meeting.

Rome: Can—you come over here and visit me after the meeting please? So…we can talk about the meeting, yeah talk about the meeting. I’ll be expecting to see you then. Bye.

Rita: Wait—(Rome already hanged up before she could decline) Rome, what are you doing to me?

--------------------------------------------

Ae: Yes! Thank you mom. I love you.

Ae’s mother: That’s right. See, you should listen to me more, look what happened.

Ae: I know. Now I know that Rome still has feelings for me.

Ae’s mother: I talked to Rome’s mother and we are going to talk tomorrow about you two’s engagement.

Ae: Thank you. Uh, but do it after my ankle heals. Those stupid guys made me get hurt.

Ae’s mother: They cause my daughter to get hurt, I’ll make sure that their pay gets cut.

Ae: But you have to make sure they don’t get caught before Rome and I get married. I just have to make sure that I will get their fortune first.

Ae’s mother: Well just don’t forget about me.

Ae: You were the one that made this possible, so I won’t forget to give you some.

Rita: Knock, knock.

Rome: Rita (big smile on his face) You’re here.

Rita: Yeah, you’re the boss, so I had to come. So here are the papers from the meeting. They offered a merger under the terms given in the contract, but we both agreed to not do anything until you get better. Also, these are the notes from the meeting and what we’ve discuss, and---

Rome: Rita, can this wait a bit? You just got here, sit down and relax for awhile.

Rita: I’m really busy. Since I gave you everything, I’ll be going. I’m glad to see that you’re doing well.

Rome: Wait----(Rita was walking away, and Rome was hooked up to tubes so he could move that much, so he decided he had to do something before she left)---ooww, ahhhh. My arm. Rita, help. Owww it hurts.

Rita: (rushes over) What? Are you okay? Where does it hurt? Let me go get a nurse.

Rome: Wait. (grabs Rita’s arm) I know that you’re angry at me. Why?

Rita: I’m not. I’m just not in the mood today.

Rome: Rita, I just got shot today and the first thing I wanted to do was see you, hear your voice, look into your eyes, and hold your hands.

Rita: I don’t think you should do that. I know about you and Ae.

Rome: Me and Ae?

Rita: You two are getting engaged. You mother and hers are already planning your engagement.

Rome: That’s crazy. Who told you that? Rita, my mom can’t control my life. I’m not in love with Ae, nor am I with her.

Rita: But Jill said---

Rome: That’s Jill, not me. I’m glad to see that you got jealous---

Rita: Who said I was jealous?

Rome: I love you, only you Rita. This morning, the only person I wanted to see was you. The only person that makes me want to get up in the morning is you. I love you Rita. Don’t listen to what other people say, just know that my heart belongs to you.

Rita: Lies. Let’s me go, I have to get back to work. I don’t want to hear your excuses.

Rome: Rita, I’m not lying. I know we haven’t known each other for a long time, but I know that I don’t want to be with anyone else but you. Before you say anything, think, what did you feel when you found out that I was shot?

Rita: I---I…ummm…I was scared to death that I was going to lose you. I---

Rome pulls Rita in and softly presses his lips onto hers. Rita was taken by surprise, by this kiss. His lips gently nibbled on her upper lip, then made its way back to her mouth. It was as if their lips were made for each other. Rita felt herself lose control, weak at the knees by the kiss. Rome parted and in a whisper, “Marry me Rita.” Rita was in shocked, she didn’t know what to say, but leaned in for another kiss.

Yard heard that her best friend was in the hospital and rushed to go see how he was doing, skipping work. She just opened the door and heard Rome ask ‘Rita’ to marry him. She was baffled and speechless. She wanted to cry, scream, or at least do something so Rome would notice that she was there. But she silently walked out in a dazed. Yard didn’t know how to react to this news, her heart was breaking at the moment but she thought that she shouldn’t be so selfish and be happy for her friend. She sat down on bench outside the hospital and started crying.

After a few minutes, Yard picked herself up and started walking back to work. She didn’t watch where she was going and stepped out on the road when the light was red for pedestrians. A honk woke her up, and she saw a car coming at her, but somehow her feet didn’t want to budge and planted her there in the middle of the road. The car was coming closer and closer, and Yard was scared and closed her eyes. She felt a swoosh and felt the car pass her. Yard opened her eyes and saw…

Taew: Hi there…Mario.

Dear Rita,

Secrets are horrible. I hate it. Taew lied to me today. She told me that I was her only boyfriend, just to find her with some other guy. I was furious, angry, and mad at her. How could she do this to me? She said that “our relationship is suppose to be a secret…had to keep up with appearances.” I hate it, especially seeing someone with my girlfriend. But what can I do if I love her this much? Relationships are complicated, it takes two to make it work.

Mario

TBC

lady0fdarkness

lol rita is so funny.. she was the one wanting to use rome to avenge mario, but she ends up getting jealous of Ae.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was thinking a lot about Mario and Taew relationshop. You know maybe Mario might have been exaggerating Taew so that Rita will take revenge for him. Yeah maybe Taew did hurt him, but he was probably in denial that she did love him like the way he did. Even though Taew acts like a spoil rotten brat, I think somewhere very deep inside her heart, she is not that bad of her person. Thanks RR for the updates!

rukpongalex

sarNie Adult
i really want to read about tye and yard's relationship. feel so bad for yard. i hope you don't skip too much of yard and tye even though you are not a fan of yard. somehow i find myself more into yard and tye before rteam. anyways, love rome and rita relationship along with tye and yard.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
^ lol. I like Yard and Tye. Don't worry, these updates were more dealing with Rteam, but Tye/Yard will have more in the next chapter :D