Tips for losing weight?

annea

sarNie Adult
Lol...im trying to lose some weight right now....i've gain ummm....moer than 15 lbs...lol...trying to lose weight but its kinda hard...i try jogging but then my eating habit sucks....lol...anyone know what kind of food and exercise i should eat/do to lose weight???? i try eating steam vegetables only and good lord, it is NASTYYYYYYY!!!!!...LOL...but im cutting down on Soda, just trying to go for water and Vitamin Water....hehe...Vitamin water is ok rite?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
ohh u can try some of the pilates work out it works .. >.O and a way to maintain your weight too there are some sites that have like a few of the moves for free but one that i do recommend is that lay on your back .. and then site your knees straght up like feet on the floor and knees up then use your left elbow to touch your right and your right to touch your left knee .. vice versa for like 10 minutes and you'll feel the burn!

natty

Chubs
south beach diet.. cut out all types of carbs (corn and green peas as well) and sugar (including all fruits) for 2 weeks..

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
try a sport yoo like helps and also yoo never meant to give up fruit and veg its high in fiber it well helps yoo go to tha bathroom lol and vitamin is good vitamin C fights to stop yoo gettin sick.. meant to any way... eating 5 of each fruit and veg is meant to help fight cancer too >.< no wonder ma mom makes me eat them so much lol any way yeah do a sport yoo like to stop tedium ( cant spell it) if jogging make you feel board then run with a friend or listen to music at same time dont over load ur self set ur self tasks like you will run for 20 mins one day and 30 mins the next day yoo will gain more from it try to cut out some of the foods that have fat in it like chips and cakes buh if your gonna run eat carbs they good for you naa and to build muscle take some protien too buh so u aint tired try and get a test for aneamia coz maybe you find ur self gettin tired when yoo joggin and crap buh what ur doing so far sounds good ok this is bad i sound like ma sports teacher buh hey i wanna be a sports teacher too :D

try to lose weight before summer?

i always find funny the fact that the first advice that ppl give to lose weight is doing sport ( <_< no matter how many time u will spend doing it i can say that u won't lose ur weight and the other bad point is that u will look like a guy... <_< but maybe u wish to have muscle?)

Well if u really want to get rid of ur 15lbs just drink a lot of water everyday, take only the breakfast (if u work or have a busy day..but if u are someone who is really lazy and always stay at home just skip it), lunch and dinner ( don't forget that u should have vegetables like meat in ur plate)..and prefer walk instead of taking your car..i can say that it will be the better way for you to lose weight and don't fall in the circle of diet...( ;) but if u really want to lose weight fast then just being really sick :lol: )

annea

sarNie Adult
thanks for the advice...im trying to watch what i eat..and yea, chips...is good, but im also cutting down on that..

sandyc

sarNie Juvenile
** you can not skip breakfast..it's the most important meal of the day...if you do skip breakfast it tends to slow your metabolism and take the fat or whatever you call it from the other part of your body to fulfill your hunger...... **

always portion your food...like if you eat carbs (rice) it should be like the size of your fist...and the size of your protein should be a size like a deck of cards...with your fruits and veggies..it should be the size as the computer mouse...you can just really eyeball these things...if you don't feel comfortable use your fist to measure, usually that's the correct portion... really..it's all about portioning your food...and if you do it that way..you eat a little at one time..but you eat through out the day...it works... don't forget eat right, portion your foods, exercise, and drink alot of WATER....NO SODA.....

i work at a child development center....always promoting healthy eating for children...and my supervisor is a register diet technician...and that's the way she told me to do it...and it's working...hope you try it...

here's one that really work for my co-worker...and it's kind of a fast way to lose weight...it's call an APPLE diet...eat APPLE for one whole week...nothing but apple and water..it's a fast way..but it's a hard way..and kind of unhealthy...but that's a fast diet...my co-worker lost about 5lbs in a week...

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Actually, make sure that you eat three meals a day and don't snack. If you eat three meals a day and don't snack, your body can digest food better that way.

The key is to eat low-fat to no-fat food, do some exercise that fits the style of your body, watch your in take of calories, and if you have low metabolism take some metabolism pills to help. Also have a reasonable weight in mind when you're trying to loose it all.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
try to lose weight before summer?

i always find funny the fact that the first advice that ppl give to lose weight is doing sport ( <_< no matter how many time u will spend doing it i can say that u won't lose ur weight and the other bad point is that u will look like a guy... <_< but maybe u wish to have muscle?)
thats not true doing sport will help yoo loose weight this is coz u are burin of calories its depends on how long yoo are training to gain muscle

** you can not skip breakfast..it's the most important meal of the day...if you do skip breakfast it tends to slow your metabolism and take the fat or whatever you call it from the other part of your body to fulfill your hunger...... **
this is so tru!

Actually, make sure that you eat three meals a day and don't snack. If you eat three meals a day and don't snack, your body can digest food better that way.

The key is to eat low-fat to no-fat food, do some exercise that fits the style of your body, watch your in take of calories, and if you have low metabolism take some metabolism pills to help. Also have a reasonable weight in mind when you're trying to loose it all.
this is so tru also and if ur gonna snack snack something healthy apples , grapes fruit... salads etc.

tang071

sarNie Elites
i totally agree with kev...dieting only works for some people and not all.

but i just like to add that you should drink a lot of water along with eating, sleeping, and exercising right. also you should change the type of exercise you do everyday bc this also makes it less boring. dont skip breakfast either and never take diet pills.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
The best tip would be is to do it the healthy way. Like what Kevin said. Eat small proportion of foods throughout the day like 5 small meals and the best exercise would be the hula hoop =] I also do pilates.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
The word DIET has the word DIE in it.
Actually, you have to snack to increase metabolism. Of course have your three meals a day, but they're not necessarily full meals.

You know why those Europeans are so skinny? (well at least a lot of them are compared to Americans)

It's because they have so many little snacks during the day.

In America, it's customary to eat a big dinner with family members all around, but in Europe, you eat a big breakfast and dinners not so much of a big idea.

If you snack (healthy) during the day, you keep your digestive process moving, and thus it becomes faster. So snack snack snack....healthy.
Any questions?
haha i dint se any people in europe like that all ma friends ate like pigs and at night in the skool boaring house u was forced to eaat massive dinners and big full breakfasts and lunches was middle size buh i have been to US also and freaken heck the size of tha plates aint like plates at all not being mean or anything i left half of it buh hell it was nice you was only alowed to snack 2 times a day but out side skool was just the same buh truth is watch what your doing to your self... buh mr kev twin your right about die in diet fact i am heavier than victoria backham work that out man shes only just 7 ST = about 145KG ( i think ) dont you think some stars go abit far?

reagan1986

sarNie Egg
vitamin water is alright I guess but I recommend drinking distilled water and just having fruits and veggies with the vitamins, it helps fill your stomach up and is much more fun then drinking vitamin water.... for a girl she'd probably want to keep a small stomach at all times....eat small meals, dont eat 3 meals a day it'll stretch your stomach if you keep eating until full, smaller meals keeps u full enough and your stomach small,

annea

sarNie Adult
im having trouble w/ the lower part of my body..like my butt, its like sagging....my thighs and calves are like out of shape and jiggling...can anyone give me an advice on what kind of exercise will target these problem areas? esp. my thigh i dunno how to get it smaller...oh, btw, the sits up work out works for my stomach but it burns so bad..hahha....its good thou...thanks in advance for anymore help!

Hiatus

Super Momo
chop 1 arm off, that's 20+ instant pounds that you have lost. LOL jk

Exercise REGULARLY, eat well just a diet won't help unless you go through some major starvation lol. Run or Jog is probably one of the best exercise, however you get big fat toned legs lol. Swimming tones your whole body, and you get broad shoulders which sucks. And it is the best to lose 2-3 pounds per week, because of the fat you burnt and the muscles you've added, you probably won't see the difference however when you put clothes on you're gonna feel it. =]
but yeah like other people said BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL DONT SKIP IT. If you eat a hugeee breakfast, well for me.. im not that hungry during lunch or diner time so I eat a little, but enough. It helpd for your DIEt.

Rakniran

Well i dont know if this will help or not.

Eat only SALAD! Drink lots of water!
I heard that green tea help too.
Just dont eat anything,but salad.
Go to the gym.

Thats all i can say.I never did any of those stuff cus im always skinny.I need to gain weight.But someone
I knew try those stuff and it work.Shes so skinny now.Well,when i see her at her wedding.She was so skinny.

decoy

sarNie Hatchling
don't indulged urself w/alot of ur foods craving, self-control ur diets to a full extent........

just eat to live......
don't live to eat......

vina_lek

don't forget to up your fresh fruit & veggie intake as much as you can. While consuming fresh, the enzymes in live foods will help with digestion more versus cooked foods. With cooked foods, your body is actually working more to just digest the food rather than using your body's resources to kill off those unwanted fat cells. Doesn't everyone feel really lethargic after a heavy cooked meal?

And yep. Exercise & sleep! Fight-oh! You can do it!!!! :arrg: