Warning: Deadly Prank Calls Overseas

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thank you for the replies. It's pretty scary though because my uncle called saying my dad gotten sick. I hope it is just the food he ate there. I haven't been in contact with my dad since he rarely calls. And when he does it is always a different number so it is hard to contact him. We have to wait for him or my ucles and aunts to contact us.

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
THIS DEADLY PRANK CALLS ARE JUST FULL OF S***. IF LAOS PEOPLE WERE THAT POWERFUL, THEY WOULD RULE EARTH AND NOTHING WOULD BE ABLE TO STOP THEM.

I couldn't agree more...anyone who actually took this rumor seriously has to be joking. I mean, think for a minute here...why is it that only Hmong people are the target? What's the motive? Who's behind it? There are millions of phone numbers...chance of dialing a Hmong number is very low. Therefore, the person who contacted whoever must have known that person.

Also, if I recall correctly...one can call anywhere around the world with a custom number they want shown on the receiver's caller ID through a service you have to pay...haha

Someone give me some numbers and I'll keep this rumor going in every state around the Hmong community... :lol:

simplysweet

Simplysweet
Can't say i really beleive in this...but it could be true....

It's just like black magic, some people don't beleive its true but my father knows black magic...and my grandma can do that basket thing water...(tso pob taw saib...or ua pob taw saib...sorry for my hmong it sucks)it's freaky but trust me...that basket thing REALLY works!!.....

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
sorry to say this but just wat i think....this is happening to Hmong/Asian peeps cuz we tend to think about things like this too much to the point where it makes us sick. I'm not saying its true or fake, Thai peeps have this saying that even if you don't believe it you still shouldn't challenge it, so practically respect other peoples thoughts and don't poke fun if you don't believe cuz even if u think its not true doesn't mean it isn't (is this confusing?) anyways i agree with it sounding like a movie...I'm Hmong but I've never experience black magic stuff and I've been a catholic all my life so i cant say i believe or not.

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
sorry to say this but just wat i think....this is happening to Hmong/Asian peeps cuz we tend to think about things like this too much to the point where it makes us sick. I'm not saying its true or fake, Thai peeps have this saying that even if you don't believe it you still shouldn't challenge it, so practically respect other peoples thoughts and don't poke fun if you don't believe cuz even if u think its not true doesn't mean it isn't (is this confusing?) anyways i agree with it sounding like a movie...I'm Hmong but I've never experience black magic stuff and I've been a catholic all my life so i cant say i believe or not.
I knew it's only a matter of time before someone took my comment and interpret it in the wrong way. My purpose is to get people to think logically about rumors like this... When one allows their emotions to get in the way...that's when things get out of hand. One has to understand how many people have been executed in the past for rumors similar to this. Therefore, we have to think with our heads and not with our ears... B)

I just want to ask those who believe this rumor. What is your reason for believing it? What is the benefit of whoever is making these calls? If you asked someone about who, where, and when this incident first took place...I bet you there will be a lot of finger pointings and you'll eventually get no answer. I mean, think about it...if it is really this crazy, it would be televised worldwide.

I dare to challenge anyone who believe in this nonsense...:D

nerine

sarNie Egg
watever pplz... believe wat u wanna believe... but wen its u who's dying or living, dun blame da others...

zienan09

sarNie Hatchling
im soooooo cynical towards this topic. my cousins and female relatives are saying all these..and im just like.."die by a phone call?! seriously." people cannot go one moment without making up shiets.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I couldn't agree more...anyone who actually took this rumor seriously has to be joking. I mean, think for a minute here...why is it that only Hmong people are the target? What's the motive? Who's behind it? There are millions of phone numbers...chance of dialing a Hmong number is very low. Therefore, the person who contacted whoever must have known that person.

Also, if I recall correctly...one can call anywhere around the world with a custom number they want shown on the receiver's caller ID through a service you have to pay...haha

Someone give me some numbers and I'll keep this rumor going in every state around the Hmong community... :lol:
You got the wrong idea there. IT'S NOT only Hmong. I heard this rumor way before I heard it from a hmong person and the victim where either Thai or Lao. And what point you're trying to make by saying 'why hmong people are targeted and their motive and who's behind it?

The latest news I heard from people in Vientiane was that ... the person or people doing it is by 'witch-craft/black-magic/voodoo' whatever you want to call it. And why it's not on the News or making headlines is because people (esp. the western world) don't believe in witch-craft/black-magic/voodoo. There are NO SCIENTIFIC PROOFs that those things can really kill people.

For me, I'm not believing it but I'm not doubting that it can happen because IT CAN.

Their is a saying....if you don't believe in it than DON'T doubt it.

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
You got the wrong idea there. IT'S NOT only Hmong. I heard this rumor way before I heard it from a hmong person and the victim where either Thai or Lao. And what point you're trying to make by saying 'why hmong people are targeted and their motive and who's behind it?

The latest news I heard from people in Vientiane was that ... the person or people doing it is by 'witch-craft/black-magic/voodoo' whatever you want to call it. And why it's not on the News or making headlines is because people (esp. the western world) don't believe in witch-craft/black-magic/voodoo. There are NO SCIENTIFIC PROOFs that those things can really kill people.

For me, I'm not believing it but I'm not doubting that it can happen because IT CAN.

Their is a saying....if you don't believe in it than DON'T doubt it.
If one does not believe in something, that means he/she have doubts about it...and if something doesn't make sense then that is when our brains come into play...

I'd like to see someone present documentations of some of the cases that were involved in these prank calls where the victim died because of the calls...

If someone can kill another person through magic over a telephone, then killing people through money, pictures, music, etc. shouldn't be a problem at all... Heck, why isn't he/she ruling the world right now? What's the point of using tanks, guns, and aircrafts during war when you can use magic? lol

Think people...

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
If one does not believe in something, that means he/she have doubts about it...and if something doesn't make sense then that is when our brains come into play...

I'd like to see someone present documentations of some of the cases that were involved in these prank calls where the victim died because of the calls...

If someone can kill another person through magic over a telephone, then killing people through money, pictures, music, etc. shouldn't be a problem at all... Heck, why isn't he/she ruling the world right now? What's the point of using tanks, guns, and aircrafts during war when you can use magic? lol

Think people...

Witch-craft/voodoo/black-magic have their limitation. If that person over do-it, than he/she will become processed themselves.

To answer your question 'why you thought Hmong people were targeted'. I ask a friend from Laos and she said they caught the person or people in Thailand already. And guess what, she said it was a hmong person doing it. I don't know how true it is because there is NO stories or news about it. It just from people telling other people about it. So, if anyone have relatives in Laos or Thailand, ask them about it.

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
If I were you I wouldn't believe too much of what the people from Laos or Thailand are saying. They have a tendency to exaggerate and come up with extreme stories about things. Also, like you said you only heard this from others and I'm sure these other people heard it from some other people as well. If one would to trace back to figure out the origin of how this rumor started...I doubt they'll find anything at all.

Anyways, if they did arrest someone then I hope he gets release because this is just crazy. I remember a couple of months ago I was watching a podcast on youtube and they talked about some people (In Africa) being witches and stuff. I believe those accused were killed if I remember correctly...and back in the days those accused of being witches were killed. This is just crazy...we are humans and we have a brain, therefore people need to stop believing in these superstitions.

Humans will be the one to end its own race because of things like this...

Again, feel free to believe whatever you or anyone wants... Just don't act upon anything if it's only a belief...

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
this could've been from Laos/Thailand because of the Hmong OGs here in US or other resettlement countries who keep going back to steal them young girls... It is a really scary thing..
maybe caused by voodoo or tso dab stuff... not something to fool around with..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
For those who don't believe you can get killed by a phone believe me it can. Ever heard of Sonic Weapon? Sound Vibrations loud enough to burst your eardrums and even kill under certain conditions and circumstances. ;]. I believe in black magic, but at the same time very skeptic about it.

Honestly the people who die instantly I don't believe died of a supernatural call, but were unlucky enough to be the test objects of someone who is testing a deadly sonic weapon. Although Sonic Weapon is only used on the military with the way the world is spinning now who knows what psycho has access to what..

I'm just saying for those who think it's "stupid" just to die by a phone call it's not so stupid after all ;] Phones are probably one of the highest success rate when it comes to testing Sonic Sounds

About those who die of other causes later after receiving the phone calls .. I'm not quite sure how I would make sense of it, but like the saying goes, "don't disrespect or talk bad about what you haven't seen for yourself."

The world and universe is huge and big there are countless of possibilities it's always good to keep an open mind ^o^

SuabCoobThoj

sarNie Egg
For those who don't believe you can get killed by a phone believe me it can. Ever heard of Sonic Weapon? Sound Vibrations loud enough to burst your eardrums and even kill under certain conditions and circumstances. ;]. I believe in black magic, but at the same time very skeptic about it.

Honestly the people who die instantly I don't believe died of a supernatural call, but were unlucky enough to be the test objects of someone who is testing a deadly sonic weapon. Although Sonic Weapon is only used on the military with the way the world is spinning now who knows what psycho has access to what..

I'm just saying for those who think it's "stupid" just to die by a phone call it's not so stupid after all ;] Phones are probably one of the highest success rate when it comes to testing Sonic Sounds

About those who die of other causes later after receiving the phone calls .. I'm not quite sure how I would make sense of it, but like the saying goes, "don't disrespect or talk bad about what you haven't seen for yourself."

The world and universe is huge and big there are countless of possibilities it's always good to keep an open mind ^o^
Sonic weapon ehh...makes sense except that I don't think Thai or Laos have the technology to create such lethal sound waves. And if it is possible, I don't think it's possible to kill someone over the phone at least not in our time. Anyways, who would be dumb enough to keep listening to the sound on the phone until they die? haha And if some people did die because of that, I'm sure when they took the victims to the hospital the media would be all over it.

Also, the quote you stated can only be applied to a certain degree. If someone said there are dinosaurs in the woods or witches in Africa...would you believe that nonsense? You haven't seen it for yourself, but you just know it's total garbage. Anyways, this is just a rumor spread by the mouths of people and we all know how that is...

stephanie

sarNie Adult
aha. i'm sure it's all bull shit... i got a text saying if this number calls dont pick it up, its dead ppl in laos/thailand calling. well, i looked up the number and it was a telemarketing number. so technically, ppl are just over reacting... first it was hmong vampires and now "deadly phone calls?" any way, some ppl should get a hold of them self. OGs have a tendecy to over react.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Sonic weapon ehh...makes sense except that I don't think Thai or Laos have the technology to create such lethal sound waves. And if it is possible, I don't think it's possible to kill someone over the phone at least not in our time. Anyways, who would be dumb enough to keep listening to the sound on the phone until they die? haha And if some people did die because of that, I'm sure when they took the victims to the hospital the media would be all over it.

Also, the quote you stated can only be applied to a certain degree. If someone said there are dinosaurs in the woods or witches in Africa...would you believe that nonsense? You haven't seen it for yourself, but you just know it's total garbage. Anyways, this is just a rumor spread by the mouths of people and we all know how that is...

I'm not saying really that Sonic weapons is the case with this topic lol, but it could have been the furthest scenario possible with instant death over the phone. I was just saying it is possible to kill through the phone because many seem to think it's highly impossible ^.^. Sonic Waves or Sound can travel real fast so it's not a matter of being stupid enough to keep listening until they die. Sound can travel so fast it can cause you to go blind and burst your eardrum in a split second. Weapons like this have been developed for use, but it's been "Unsuccessful" that was in the early 80's and this is over 2 even 3 decades.
The military actually has been experimenting with the weapons and using sound waves to kill for quite sometime now ;]. The thing is we think it costs alot to develop a weapon like this, but it isn't.... For example a bomb once it explodes some people can go deaf for days, weeks, months, some people even for life ... that's pretty damaging right there...

As for this topic itself and the mysterious phone number I wouldn't play into superstition to much ...There could be lots of reasons behind the phone number.... I get phone calls from the phone number 0000000000000 all the time and it's just blockbuster calling to remind my rental is due the next day .... one time I got a phone call from 0123456789 and it was my grandmother calling from Switzerland with a phone card. There could be thousands of possibilities, but at the same time I'm not going to "doubt" what others are saying or insult it because I won't believe til I see it, but I won't disbelieve it either

me094

sarNie Egg
A couple days ago my mom told me about this story, and my answer was, "You can't be serious, there's no way it's possible." Also, there hasn't been a alert about it. I assumed it was one of the lame nonsense stories those Hmong radio station always tell... But my sister call a day later from Thailand and told my mom to not call during the night, if there's anything we needed to call only during the day. Also to not answer calls from unknown numbers. She said that a little over 10 or so Thais died and 2 Hmongs.

I'm still not sure I believe in it but I'm not simply going to dismiss it either.

D_D

sarNie Egg
It seems so truth to believe, but at the same time HMONG OG's like to exaggerate things. For example, before my families and I came to the United States, Hmong OGs said that American People drink blood and if your family come to American, they will kill you AND SUCK YOU BLOOD. A whole bunch of BS......all of us are HERE and its the LAND of opportunity.....

Sometimes, when you think about it too much...you just scared your own self....just like when I was told that my house is haunted....I was sooo soooo scared and turns out....there's nothing in my house...so it's just a whole bunch of superstitions and psychological concepts.....that makes people think that it's REAL.......

My sister called and told me about the phone call and YES she scared the hell out of me....Anyway....I usually don't believe it until I see it......

tikaiboy

sarNie Egg
Based on my own opinion and experience, I truly believed that this so called, "Hmong Rumor" is not something made just so we could make our days go by faster. I don't have enough evidence to believe in it yet, but (pay attention to what I'm saying because I just did a counterargument)I do acknowledge the, "Death Phone Call" to a certain extent. Any facts to support my individual concept or idea that I just made? Yes, definitely I do. A year ago, an incident happened to one of my friends due to the fact that he have an out-of-town girlfriend. One very late night, while driving back home from Visalia to Fresno, my friend received a weird phone number calling him. So he skeptically and was in concerned to know who was calling him so late at night, picked up the phone. Based on the evidence, the caller knew his name, and asked him some very strange questions (Confidential due to privacy, and don't want to scare the audience) by which stunned him. He didn't know or recognized the voice at all, but went on with the flow. About a couple of minutes passed, he was just giving out false answers, and tried to end the conversation. However, more time passed by, and the caller didn't seemed to be interested to end the conversation, so he helplessly hanged up the phone. By this time, he was totally stunned, and was a bit skeptical. He wasn't scare or anything like that because he was just done talking with his girl. Anyways, that night he came home and had a really bad dream. He dreamed of being in a dark place, and this place was no ordinary place, but have a really eerie feeling. He was standing there when one of his uncle that passed away many years ago came up to him. His uncle asked him why he was there due to the fact that that place was only for the dead. So his uncle redirected him to another place and told him that that place is where he was supposed to be. All of a sudden, he woke up and was totally afraid by that time. His parents did a shaman ceremony for him, and they said that while he was driving home, a dead lady saw him on the street and liked him. So the one that called him was that dead lady, and took his spirits when he answered the phone, but since his uncle have had helped him, everything should be fine. After that incident, he never came home pass evening when he goes visit his girlfriend.

Here, is an authentic evidence that proves the "Hmong Rumor" or "Death Phone Call" is not a false made-up story. How? The incident that happened to my friend involved with phone call and technically was able to take his spirit away. Advanced technology? Not so advanced after all because not only did humanity have the access to it, the other world can successfully do it so too. So what? This would mean that we should pay more attention to what we are saying and believing in regards to this topic. If it have successfully and ironically happened to my friend, it could happen to anyone. Life is full many possibilities, put more thinkings into it because many things can possibly happen although we don't want to believe it. As a matter of fact, I understand that it's quite difficult to believe in something that haven't reach our knowledge or to our extent of knowledge. Still, open our ears and listen to how the world is changing. More and more unbelievable incidents are happening nowadays, and probably the Book of Revelation from the Bible does play in what is happening. Don't know? See, listen so everyone could get my point. Many of years ago, many people believe that the earth was flat. But after it was proven, many people started to believe in it. Manys thought airplane was impossible, but look at today. Also, going to the moon was thought to be just science-fiction, but today is, "A giant leap for mankind" ~Neil Armstrong, people used to think that it would be greatly impossible for the other world to use phone as a way to contact the living, and terribly take away people's spirits, but it happened. Science fiction is becoming non-fiction and impossible is now transforming into possible. Think, Believe, Act, and Make Your Choice Wisely, and definitely TRY NOT to take any chance of answering a deadly prank call if it really does exist. Up to you to believe it or not.