White Lotus

CTR

The Realist guy here period
This might be a fan fiction but it might just be a collection of my writing that I'm putting today for my novel.  Most if not all are rough draft as the editing comes later.  If I could cast someone to play the main protagonist, I would choose Nadech as he is very versatile in his acting.  I'm always adding twists and turns to my story because I want to keep my readers guessing but I won't drag it out.  Lastly, I might add poems and short stories in here as well.  (They will be denoted though.)  Oh, there is a prologue to this story but I'll post it at a later date.  :) Please note that improper English is added to denote how a person speaks or to reveal their character.

[SIZE=12pt]The next day, Tim got all of his gears and headed to the airport with his mom.  This will be his first time venturing away from his mom and he was getting quite nervous and anxious.  The butterflies and the tightly knotted ropes inside his stomach was starting to make him nauseous but he knew he couldn’t run away from his problems any longer.  At the check in counter, he told his mom that he loved her and that he would return in one piece to see her again.  Tim took his carry-in luggage and he met Fernando at Gate E where they boarded their flight to Thailand. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Hey buddy, are you all right?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’m good.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They both took their seats and was on their way to Bangkok.  As their plane glided into the clear blue sky, they both can see the picturesque backdrop of the Hawaiian Islands.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“This assignment will be fast and easy just like this plane ride is. Besides, there are lots of beautiful women in Thailand.  I’ll show you what it is like there,” Fernando said. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] “Oh really,” Tim replied.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“All you have to do is write a simple story covering the ruin and I’ll just take the pictures.  The rest of the time, you and I could go girl hunting.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim looked at the ceiling and stared out of the window into the crisp blue ocean.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I don’t know how many girls you’ve been with, Tim.  But if you ever needed any help in socializing or picking up any female, you can always ask of me. “[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim did not say a word but just kept looking out of the window.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Their plane arrived at Seoul Incheon International Airport an hours earlier before their connecting flight was schedule to head to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok Thailand.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Hey Fernando, we should get something to eat here,” said Tim.  “I’ve heard from my friends that Korean food are very tasty especially their B-B-Q.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“That’s got to wait.  I’m gonna hit the restroom for a bit.  My stomach is killing me at the moment.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim walks around the airport exploring the rich Korean arts and frescos before standing in line to get a cup of freshly brewed coffee.  At the corner of his eyes, he can see a red-headed light green eyes girl coming towards the line he was standing in.  Right behind her was a slightly smaller girl holding all of their belonging and struggling to keep up with her.  The red- headed girl proceeded to cut right in front of the line at the displeasure of the people that were in line.  After Tim received his coffee and he made a mad dash towards their table at the far right corner.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I don’t know who you are but where I come, we don’t tolerate that kind of behavior,” Tim said.  “Haven’t your parents taught you any manners?”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The red-headed girl looked up with a smirk on her face and replied, “They’ve taught me manners but I just don’t follow them.  I live by my own rules and no one is going to tell me what to do not even you.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim started to turn a bit red and angrily grabbed her by the wrist.  He looked deep into her eyes and he said, “Today, I’ll give you a lesson that you’ll never forget.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“If you don’t let go of my wrist, I will scream so that the whole airport can hear me,” she replied with a hint of Irish. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] Seeing that the situation was escalating, the other girl asked, “Please let go of Ms. MacCarthy sir.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim turns toward the girl and was struck by her calm and gentle demeanor.  Her bright smile, her dark brown eyes, and angelic face touched a soft spot in his heart.  She reminded Tim of the one who gave him so much passion but yet so much heartache.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“It’s all right miss,” as he was letting go of Ms. MacCarthy’s wrist.  “I didn’t mean to cause any harm to her.  I just got caught up in the heat of things.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She smiles and was appreciative of his kind words.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What is your name?” asked Tim.  Where are you headed? Where are you from?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t you dare tell him who we are or where we are going Kate,” said Ms. MacCarthy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim started to become annoyed but he composed himself and told Kate that she did not need to answer any of his questions.  Suddenly, Tim noticed that the departure time was approaching and he excuse himself from Kate to make a quick call to Fernando. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] “Fernando, where the heck are you? Our flight is taking off soon.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Tim, I didn’t know you got game, Fernando jokingly laughed.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim look puzzled and bewildered by his reply.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Look behind you towards the left and three tables down.  I’ve been here for the past ten minutes observing your interaction with those two girls.  You got a long way to go buddy.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Hey man, I would to introduce you to them.  Get over here quick,” said Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t even bother bro cuz they’re gone,” replied Fernando.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The expression on Tim’s face paints his disappointment as if his balloon had been popped.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then Fernando noticed a small note on the table that Kate and Ms. MacCathy was sitting at.  “Hey Tim, look at what the black hair girl left for you.  You won’t believe your eyes.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] Tim’s eyes widen as if something had breathe fresh life into him.  “What is in the note?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“It just states that her name is Kate and that her boss Brianna is an archaeologist from the Ireland Museum of Antiquity.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“That red head is an archaeologist? Has the world gone mad?  With that kind of attitude, she’s more like a witch,” grinned Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“We better go or else we’ll miss our flight,” said Fernando.  The two of them race toward the flight gate and by the time they got to their seats, they were tired and exhausted.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t worry Timmy. They are many fishes in the ocean and many birds in the sky.  Once we are in Bangkok, I’ll take you fishing and bird watching,” smiled Fernando.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You got to get it out of your head that this or that girl is the one for you.  Look at me, I have never been conquered by any girl at all.”    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim was amused by his machismo persona which he felt was lacking in his life.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Raising his hand in the air as if he was the conductor of an orchestra Fernando said, “They don’t call me the pick-up king of Free International Journal for nothing.  There’s a lot you have to learn and it would be my honor for you to call me your instructor” as Fernando burst into laughter.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Then as their plane was about to approach the runway, Fernando remembered that there was a message on his phone from Mr. Chai. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Wait a second, who in their right mind would break into our headquarter?” Said Fernando.  [/SIZE]

CTR

Bieluvr said:
Loving this ff so far.  I can imagine Nadech in the role as well. So Tim is the main guy?
Yes, Tim is the main guy.  What I'm trying to do is give the readers a contrast between their personalities.  Fernando is the out going lady magnet and Tim is a more of a reserve introvert who is unsure of who he is and lacking in self-confidence.  Hopefully, I can paint their transformations as the story moves along. 

[SIZE=12pt]Tim slowly rubs his eyes as he was waking up from his nap.  “What headquarter? Our office in Chicago?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando turns toward Tim with a serious look on his face.  “It’s our headquarter in New York where we keep all of our relics, antiques, swords, manuals, and half of the Heaven and Earth Manual.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What is the Heaven and Earth Manual?  How come you never told me about our headquarter in New York?” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando got up and looked around to see if anyone was watching or listening to their conversation.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“There lots of things you don’t know about our organization.  Now is not the time as there could be spies among us,” whispered Fernando.  “When we are at a safe location, I will tell you everything.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The two of them got all of their belonging and headed out from the airport.  Fernando waved at a pink taxi to take them to Uncle Jin’s apartment complex in Chinatown.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As the two of them got into the taxi, Tim with his broken Thai said, “Older brother please take us to this address.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You’re gonna love Uncle Jin.  He is the one who informed us about the ancient ruin a week ago,” said Fernando.   Uncle Jin is a retired member of our organization and who is now residing in Bangkok as a restaurant owner.  Oh yeah, he was the one taught me about life since I was a little boy.”   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim looks out the window in amazement of the vastness and beautiful architecture in Bangkok.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] “Oh, I hate to ruin your party there buddy. Where we are going, it’s not gonna be like this at all.  We’re going deep into the forest,” grinned Fernando.    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I know it won’t be like this because it is out in the country, said Tim.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim then reached for his phone in his pocket to check to see if there was any message from his mom.  He started to notice that the GPS on his phone was going in the opposite direction of the address that they had given to the taxi driver.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Hey older brother, where are you taking us?  We’re going the opposite direction from Chinatown,” shouted Tim at the taxi driver.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando tries to grab the taxi driver by the neck but he kept accelerating the car faster and faster.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A dreadful feeling of trepidation creeped into Tim’s mind as this might be his last day on Earth.  All of a sudden, the taxi driver pulled into an old abandoned office building with overgrowing grass and shrubs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Today, is your lucky day little brothers because we have been waiting for you,” said the taxi driver.    “Now get out of the car and hand us all of your possessions.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando and Tim got out of the car carefully because right in front of them were three men dress in similar fashion with traditional Chinese colors red and black waiting for them.  On their skirts, there was a small red dragon symbol and Fernando quickly remembered that they were from the Red Dragon Clan.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Tim, get behind me now,” shouted Fernando. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Who are they and what do they want from us?” Tim said frighteningly.[/SIZE]

CTR

[SIZE=12pt]“This is not the time to ask questions. It’s time to kick some asses.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The three attackers rushed toward Fernando encircling him left to right.  Every time they came forward, they were repelled back by his multitude of kicks and punches.  The taxi driver launches a flying kick towards Tim which he was barely able to evade.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What do you want from me?  I’m just a news journalist,” said Tim as the sweats was pouring down from his face.     [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The taxi driver did not respond to Tim at all as he came in with a variety of punches, in which, one landed on Tim’s jaw knocking him down onto the ground.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando was able to defeat his attackers one by one using his seven star Praying Mantis kung Fu that he had learned from Uncle Jin.  Upon seeing that Tim was on the ground, Fernando drop kicked the taxi driver as he was kicking and stomping on Tim’s head.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando then proceeded to deliver a lethal blow to the taxi driver’s head ending their assault.  Tim was helped up to his feet by Fernando and as he surveying the scene, he noticed that Fernando had executed all of their attackers.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You ended all of their lives?” said Tim as the blood was slowly dripping from his mouth and nose.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I had to or else they wouldn’t stop pursing us,” said Fernando while handing Tim a handkerchief.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I don’t want to be an accessory towards a crime.  I knew I shouldn’t have taken this job offer.  I should have just stuck with a regular 9 to 5 job,” said Tim in a panic and nervous voice.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim was pacing back and forth as the implication of what had happened was sinking in.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Get a hold of yourself man.  You’re a part of the White Lotus Society now.  C’est La Vie.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando shook and grabbed Tim’s arm as they headed out toward the main street.  There, they hopped on a Tuk Tuk and headed to Uncle Jin’s apartment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The apartment complex that belongs to Uncle Jin was in the back alley of the main road.  Tim can see all of the bright neon lights glowing as dusk was approaching.  The aroma from all of the food stalls was so intoxicating and mouthwatering to Tim.  As they approach the entrance of the apartment, a silver-hair man came out and greeted both of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Uncle Jin, how are you?” said, Fernando.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I can see that you and Tim had a little problem getting here,” smiled Uncle Jin.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You can say that,” replied Fernando as they headed upstairs to their rooms.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t worry about it Tim.  I’ll give you some Tiger Balm and herbal medicines for your injuries, said Uncle Jin in Thai with his Chinese accent.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]As Tim was struggling to keep up with the two men, he thought he saw Kate and Brianna from the Korean airport.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“That’s not them.  It’s probably because I’m tired and I need some rest, said Tim.              [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Wow, Fernando is just so good at martial arts. LOL, if I were Tim I'd be freaked out as well. :) Wonder about Kate and Brianna, what are they doing there?

CTR

Bieluvr said:
Wow, Fernando is just so good at martial arts. LOL, if I were Tim I'd be freaked out as well. :) Wonder about Kate and Brianna, what are they doing there?
Yeah.  I foreshadow a lot of things in my writing.  Just remember this, people in this novel are not what you think they are.  :) I'm going to take all my readers on a fun fill journey with heartbreaking moments with twists and turns.  I will continue adding to this post until the end of the day. 

[SIZE=12pt]The three men reached the second floor of the complex.  Inside, the room was filled with White Lotus Society textbooks, artifacts, ancient drawing, and small plants.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“This room is reserve for our members only so enjoy yourself while you two stay here.  Oh Tim, I have some ancient herbal medicines and ointments on the table for you,” said Uncle Jin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Do you want to explain to Tim who we are as a society?” said Fernando.   “Yes, Yes off course. But first let have some tea,” said Uncle Jin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“A long time ago, the White Lotus Society sprang up during the late thirteenth century. It was a national resistance movement against the Yuan Dynasty and later the Qing Dynasty.  Our society guarded against government corruptions and is the guardian of ancient treasures and relics.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] “So are we a cult?” interrupted Tim as he was pulling ointment on his arms and face.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando and Uncle Jin looked at Tim in the eyes and said, “NO.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“For most the part, we are non-violence but if we have to, we will fight to the death,” said Fernando.  “Today, we fought against the Red Dragon Clan.  They and the Night Stalkers cult are our biggest adversaries.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Uncle Jin handed Tim a booklet with the code of conduct, values, and mission statement of the White Lotus Society.  “When you signed your name on the dotted line on the employment application, you signed your life to serve our society.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim felt distraught and trapped by this whole ordeal.  How was he going to tell his mom that he was part of a secret society now? Who or what was going to come after him?  There was so many questions racing through his mind and it all felt like a bad dream. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim excused himself and headed towards the sofa and felt asleep.  Fernando and Uncle Jin continued to talk and discuss what was happening in the modern wulin (martial art community).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The next morning, Tim woke up but he couldn’t find where Fernando was.  He headed towards the fridge to find something to eat.  Tim noticed a note left by Fernando telling him to come down to the first floor to have breakfast with Uncle Jin and his special guests.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Timmy, it is nice that you decided to join us,” said Fernando.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim was overcome with joy as the sight of Kate was like a jolt of electricity had just gone through his body.  She was his chocolate as he was her strawberry.  Tim greeted everyone and sat quietly next to Kate.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Have some French toast or some porridge,” said Uncle Jin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim reached for the French toast, scramble eggs, and sausages and said, “Kate have you eaten anything yet?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I have and we were all waiting for you to wake up,” said Kate with a warm smile.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He turns toward her and looked her in the eyes.  “How did the both of you get here?  How do you know Uncle Jin?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna interrupted their conversation with a smirk on her face said, “The question we should be asking is how you got here?”  “It looks like you got here through the UPS flight system.”   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim is starting to get very annoyed by her belittling him.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Looking at your face, it looks like you’ve been in a heavy weight boxing match,” said Brianna as she busted out laughing.   Look at all the black, blue, and purple coloring on your face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim got up from his seat and pointed at Brianna.  “How I got here is none of your concern. You should worry about yourself first,” said Tim.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Uncle Jin can sense that the situation was escalating.  “The two of you need to calm down and relax.  We have more important things to discuss here.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“My niece and Brianna will be accompanying you and Fernando to the ancient ruin in Nong Khai.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim’s jaw dropped wide open as he found out that Kate was Uncle Jin’s niece.  “Did you know she was Uncle Jin’s niece Fernando,” asked Tim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“No, she is not really his niece.  She is the daughter of one of his high school buddies from Hong Kong,” whispered Fernando.  “I didn’t find out until this morning either.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim, please accompany these two ladies to the morning market to get the provisions you need for your trip, said Uncle Jin.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim rolls his eyes and sighed in disbelief.  Why can’t I just go with Kate without Brianna tagging along he thought?  “Yes, I can do that,” nodded Tim.      [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was a warm sun filled morning as the three of them headed out to the market.  The street in Chinatown was bristling with vendors, customers, and tourists alike.  The smell of freshly picked fruits and vegetable was insatiable.  It was almost food heaven to Tim as the smell of roasted duck, wantons, fried shrimps, and various dessert overwhelm his senses.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Where do you ladies want to go to first?” asked Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“First, we need to take you to get a haircut.  Your hair is like an overgrown bush and you need to shave your beard,” said Brianna.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kate laughs and giggles as she tries to cover her mouth.       [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
LOL, Tim needs a hair cut and shaving. Loving it so far. So one question, who is the n' ek? Kate or Brianna. I'm thinking Kate, but you know, Tim and Brianna could be bickering couple. :)

CTR

Bieluvr said:
LOL, Tim needs a hair cut and shaving. Loving it so far. So one question, who is the n' ek? Kate or Brianna. I'm thinking Kate, but you know, Tim and Brianna could be bickering couple. :)
I'm giving you a big hint but trust me, there will be twists and turns.  :tease: :dance2:  I'm taking some time to develop my characters and I want to give some background on them without explicitly stating it in a way.  This is the most I have ever written so far and I'm loving it.  I know the end result of the story but filling the parts in the middle is the most rewarding of them all.  There are most characters to come as they head to Nong Khai soon.  If I was to cast someone to play Brianna from Ch3. I would go with Matt.  It's just a gut feeling.  Be back with more tomorrow.  :)   

[SIZE=12pt]Tim looked at both of the ladies.  He puffed his chest out and started imitating the walk motion of Fernando.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Who do you guys think I am?  I’m not Mr. Casanova like Fernando.  I’m just an average Joe.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They came upon a clothing shop and went clothes shopping inside.  At the entrance of the shop, Brianna instructed Kate to go buy food and fruits for their trip later that night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Why did you have to send Kate to do all of those things?”  Tim shaking his head now.  “You could have done that yourself.”     [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“I could have,” replied Brianna.  “I just have better fashion sense that her.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna handed the cashier all of the clothing that she was buying but at the right hand corner of the store was a bright blue t-shirt that caught her eyes.  She walk towards it but slipped on a pebble on the floor.  As she was falling down, Tim caught her by the arms and pulled her right onto his chest.  He held her tight and looked into her eyes as her lips gentle grazed his.  Her perfume and her warm body caused a shockwave throughout his body.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t you try to take advantage of me,” said Brianna as she pushes Tim out of the way.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She ran out of the store and Tim followed her after paying for the clothing.  Tim was able to catch up to Brianna at Lumphini Park next to a pond.  Her tearing was flowing just like how the gentle wind was blowing the water across the pond.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What’s wrong?” asked Tim.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She did not respond and just kept looking straight towards the water in the pond.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’m sorry if what I did made you uncomfortable.  I just didn’t want you to trip and fall.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim takes a handkerchief out of his pocket and starts to wipe the tears from Brianna’s face.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I know we didn’t get off to a good start.  I just hope that we can be good friends,” said Tim with a cheerful smile.    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They sat there quietly for fifteen minutes just looking at people getting on Pedlos and rowing boats.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“We should get on one of those,” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Er, I don’t think so.  I don’t even know how to swim,” said Brianna. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t worry.  If you were to drown, I’ll save you.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim drags Brianna towards the Pedlos.  She reluctantly gets on with him and they start paddling around the pond.     [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Awe. So Brianna is n'ek? Right now i feel that brianna is n'ek and Kate is just a person who walks by in his life. I love how you give the names of the specific place and your wording is perfect. :)

CTR

I'll be adding more to this post later on.  Even though, this is a fictional story, I try to add lots of non-fictional elements in it.
I want to be realistic as possible and I want my readers to experience what the characters are experiencing.
Believe or not, I do a lot of research on various locations so that my description of them are accurate as possible.  And Yes, I have given Brianna an important role in this novel.  My goal is to reach 290-300 pages in this novel. 

[SIZE=12pt]“It seems like you have somewhat of a love hate relationship with guys.  It’s ok, if you don’t want to talk about,” said Tim as he laid his right left on her left hand.       [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Um, can you repeat that?” said Brianna.   “I’m just enjoying the crisp blue sky and the little fishes swimming in the pond.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“If you want to talk to me about anything, I’m always here for you.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim is flicking water at her now.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Let play a game.  You tell me a little bit about yourself and I’ll do the same.  OK?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’ll ask you first,” said Tim with a smile.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Got a guy problem?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ian was his name.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What did he do?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Forced himself upon me.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The smile was gone on Tim’s face.  His face has turn bright red (anger) upon hearing that from Brianna.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Don’t worry.  My cousin was able to save me in time.  He got a good arse kicking from me cousin,” said Brianna as she paddled the Pedlos to shore with Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Since that day, I have had a hard time trusting guys.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The two of them got out of the Pedlos and headed toward the Chinese Pavilion.  The red columns, red Chinese lanterns, golden decorative roof, and the various shrubs was breath taking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] Brianna went inside the pavilion and sat on a bench.  “So, tell me about yourself,” she said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What do you want to know about me?”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Anything.”  She turns toward him and looks deep into his eyes.  “How about your first love?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim exhales.  He got up from the bench and walks to one of the column looking out at towards the pond.  Brianna can tell that there was something wrong.  The painful expression on his face said it all.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Well……she was my high school sweetheart.  Diana was my heart and soul.  We went everywhere together and we were inseparable.  Then it was over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna looks confused and said, “How so?”   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim heads out of the pavilion towards the pond and starts skipping pebbles on it.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“She was accepted into Stanford and I went to a local university.  We promised each other that no matter what happens, we will always stay together, said Tim as a tear drop roll down his face.      [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Then one day, she called and said that she had found someone new.”  Tim closes his eyes and sat down on the grass. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“To this day, I have not been able to take those draggers out of my heart.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna gently held onto his hands as they laid there watching the clouds pass by.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I thought all was lost until I saw Kate the other day, said Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna’s eyes widen.  “Wait, my Kate?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Her smile, her gentleness, and her appearance reminded me of Diana,” said Tim as he was leaning on Brianna.  “So please don’t tell her about it.  When the time is right I will tell her.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They headed back to Uncle Jin’s apartment complex to get ready for their trip.  Kate was there to greet them as Brianna had told her to go back to the apartment after buying all of the foods.     [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Awe, seems like Tim and Brianna are developing good feelings toward each other. Love how Tim is straight forward saying that he was attracted to Kate.

CTR

I've decided to add the meat of my novel into this post.  This will give my readers a background into the story.  What Tim is reading is in Italic.   

[SIZE=12pt]“I was just ready to freak out,” said Fernando as Tim walked in their room.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“The train at Bangkok Hualamphong is leaving in an hour.  Get your stuff and let go man.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I got it,” said Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim sighed, “I knew I should have taken a regular job.”       [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At the door, Uncle Jin handed Tim a small book for him to read on the train.  He told Tim to not to spill any of the White Lotus Society secrets and to keep a low profile.  They headed out after waving goodbye to Uncle.  The traffic was a nightmare as their Tuk Tuks had to weave in and out of traffic.  They manage to make it to the train system five minutes before take-off.  Tim knew it would be a couple of hours before the train would arrive at Nong Khai.  So he took the opportunity to read the small book that Uncle Jin had given to him while Fernando, Kate, and Brianna went asleep.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What is so important about this book?” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A long time ago, man spoke the same language, share the same culture, and even attempted to build many towers to reach their god(s).  They would come close in technological breakthrough but due to their wickedness, their civilization would slowly crumble under their feet.  Four powerful medallions were created by these great civilizations to harness the cosmic energy of the universe.              [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Those who are in the possession of these medallions can control fire, wind, water, and Earth.  An individual must have enough Qi Gong (inner energy) to control and unlock these powerful medallions.  Legends has it that one medallion went to the Mesopotamia, the second went to the Egyptian, the third went to the Chinese, and the last went to the Indus Valley Civilization.  Anyone in possession of these four medallions and the Heaven and Earth Manual will become an immortal being with unstoppable powers.  The ancient ruin in Nong Khai is said to the last resting spot for the fourth medallion.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“This is the most ridiculous thing ever,” said Tim.  “There are still people who believe in these tales.”  [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
It's getting interesting. The story he's reading. There are many things out there that are unbelievable, but true.

CTR

Bieluvr said:
It's getting interesting. The story he's reading. There are many things out there that are unbelievable, but true.
Yeah.  :) Tim is a type of person who has to see it to believe it.  He still can't come to term with the fact that he is in a secret society now and there is no way out of it.  In the night market, you'll get to know Kate better.  In the next couple of days, I'm going to be revealing a little bit about each of their background.  The girls are so not innocent as they seem.  A new girl enters the scene as well.  Just know that Brianna is still main with Tim. 

[SIZE=12pt] The fourth medallion resided with the people of the Indus Valley for millenniums and it was kept safe and secure by holy men.  The invasion by Tamerlane of the Timurid Dynasty was seen as a threat to the medallion.  Tamerlane conquest and ransacking of Delhi had served as a warning to those holy men that the medallion was not safe anymore in India.  The Buddhist monks made the tough decision to relocate the medallion ̶ ̶̶Angkor Wat.  As the Khmer Empire started to decline, the monk again moved it to the temple in Ayutthaya.  The medallion was kept at Wat Chaiwattanaram for centuries until the second invasion of Ayutthaya by the Burmese army.  Just days before the city was ransacked by the Burmese, four monks took the medallion and headed toward Isan.  Those four monks were never heard from ever again.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was a hot and humid morning as they got out of the train.  Fishermen were out on the Mekong River and the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge was teeming with activity.  The city of Nong Khai really made a big impression on Tim.  It was like a small to medium town in the US that was quickly modernizing and catching up to other part of Thailand.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Guys, where do you want to go for breakfast?” asked Fernando.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I…I know said,” Tim.  “I’ve heard the Eat Me Restaurant serves American breakfast there.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Besides, I don’t think Brianna can eat the local food here, laughed Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna gave Tim a stern look and started to smile.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Kate, what about you?” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I can eat anything. I’m low maintenance.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After eating breakfast, they headed to the BB House Hotel to stay for the night before heading out into the forest the next day.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Anyone want to go to the night market with me?” said Tim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Nope cuz your boy going to the pub tonight,” said Fernando.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ladies?” said Tim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I got some work to catch up tonight.  Take Kate with Ya,” said Brianna. [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Oh, can't wait to find out more about Kate. :) And Everyone else too. I love how your story puts me on a cliffhanger, wondering what'll happen next and keeps me hooked to it.

CTR

[SIZE=12pt]After eating breakfast, they headed to the BB House Hotel to find a place to stay for the night.  Sitting on the sofa Tim thought about his mom who used to live in this province.  She would tell him stories about the countless rice fields, the harvest season, the Bon Fai Naak Festival, Bon Bang Fai Festival, Long Boat Festival, and the traditional music of Morlum.             [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Anyone want to go to the night market with me tonight?” said Tim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Nope cuz your boy going to the pub tonight,” said Fernando.  “I gonna check out the locals.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ladies,” smiles Tim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I got some work to catch up.  Take Kate with Ya,” said Brianna.  “So you can get to know her better.”   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Later that night, Tim and Kate went to the night market.  It was a festival atmosphere with people swarming left and right.  Morlum was blasting in the background and the smell of various Isaan dishes filled Tim with nostalgic.  It was food heaven to him and he was with his crush.  Kate was stunning.  Her skin sprinkles like the Oriental Pearl as the moon lit night reflected upon her.     [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Kate, kate, I wanna show you this,” said Tim.  His eyes was wide open as if he was a kid in a candy store.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You gotta try Tam Maak Hoong (Papaya Salad).  How about Larb (minced meat and herb salad) with sticky rice?”         [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kate just looked straight forward without saying a word.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How about Sai Krok (Isaan sausages)? Or Gai Yang (grilled chicken)?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim noticed that there was sadness in Kate’s eyes and a look of loneliness and despair.  It was like the wind had sucked the life out of her.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“What’s wrong Kate?” said Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Oh… Nothing”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He took off his windbreaker and put it on her shoulder as it was a bit breezy.  No matter what, he was determined to find out what was bothering her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You can tell me anything.  It’ll be our little secret.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“It’s not you.”  Kate wipes the tears from her eyes.  “This reminds me of the Temple Street Market in Hong Kong.”     [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I grew up in Hong Kong.  It was the best time of my life.  Then in 1997, my father decided to move our family during the Handover of Hong Kong to China.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They walked towards the pier overlooking the river.  He puts his left hand on top her right but she timidly pulled her hands away. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Life is like a (Mekong) river.  If left unchecked, it will continue to flow.  So fill it with wonderful experiences when you’re still alive, said Tim.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You see. The first day that I saw you.  My heart was beating non-stop.  It was as if a new engine had been put into an old car.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kate smiles as her face turned red.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“How girlfriends do you have? Five? Ten?  Plus, I’m boring not like Ms. MacCathy,” said Kate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim is staring deeply into her eyes.  His heart slows to a grinding halt.  He told a deep breath. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Words are useless.  Let me prove it with my actions,” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“There’s lots of things you don’t know about me," said Kate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Then let me in.  I want to know everything about you."                      [/SIZE]

CTR

Oh, pay close attention to the italic words on here.  Plenty of actions coming and Fernando background will be spilled. 

[SIZE=12pt]As Tim went to bed, he couldn’t help but wonder what her secret was and what was she hiding from him.  Brianna was very open with him, but with Kate, there was a mysterious aura he could not put his figure on.  He would have to investigate further into her past.  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]The next morning Tim got up and the two girls were ready to go except Fernando.  He had been drinking heavy the night before and was in no shape to travel.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You’re supposed to be the leader.  You’re supposed to protect me,” said Tim.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando staggered and stumbled as he tries to get up.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I…..I…I just wanted to have a good time.  Before no more alcohol, no girls, no nothing.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Tim helped Fernando get into the truck with all of their belonging.  Fernando was puking along the way and the stench was almost unbearable.  The ancient ruin was just outside of Si Chiang Mai District.  The roads through the forest was almost impassable but they manage to get to the campsite in peace.  To Tim’s astonishment, the campsite was filled with a couple groups of people.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Someone probably found the medallion,” mumbled Tim.  “Look at how many people are here.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]They got out of their truck and Brianna waved at three guys to come over to help with their belonging.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“These men will be our guide and will help with carrying our stuff,” said Brianna.        [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“We’re going on an expedition not to Disneyland,” said Tim.  “I hope there’s no more surprise.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Brianna came over and gave Tim a friendly shove.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You’re lucky I didn’t I fall into those bushes.  Or else……."grinned Tim.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The campsite was dark, damped, with towering trees, and overgrown bushes.  The geckos were chirpings and on the ground, a centipede was being consumed by an army of ants.  This was going to be their home away from home.  There would be no hot showers nor public restroom.   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Ladies, do you want some nice crunchy scorpions?” said Fernando.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Eww… gross,” said Brianna. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Out in the distance, Fernando could heard a group of Japanese talking and joking around their campfire.  As he approached, he could not keep his eyes off the stunning brunette in their group.  Her angelic face, big round eyes, shimmering complexion, and goofy laughter was enough to entangle him into her web.  She spoke fluent Japanese without an accent but he knew she wasn’t full Japanese.       [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“This is it,” he thought.  “She is the one.”  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fernando went back to the campfire knowing that it was too dark to approach that group of people.  He asked Brianna’s guides if they knew who those Japanese people were.  They informed him that she was a news reporter from Tokyo and her name was Ayumi Amuro.     [/SIZE]

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Getting really good. I'm imagining Kimberly as the girl with group of Japanese. Her name is Nana? It's just the way you discribed her big round eyes and goofy laughter reminds me of Kim. :)