[Workpoint] The Mask Singer : Line Thai

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Oh good point with #2. Never thought about that.

Man I'm gonna stop predicting. Been consistently wrong this season.

From the previews, now I'm convinced Sumo is Lydia.

I also agree about waiting for S3 would be better. I don't think there was a break between S1 and S2? I kind of remember S1 ending and S2 started 2 weeks later?

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Am I the only one sad that Oyster was eliminated? There's a lot of real talent this season but he was definitely my most favourite of all the contestants. His renditions of Na Naao Tee Laew and Mot Huang are so freakin good that I've been putting them on repeat. I don't think I've ever heard anyone sing Jacky Cheung's song and actually sounding nearly as good as him, especially Everlasting Love since it's such a well loved classic in Cantonese Pop that is hard to master. Now that he's gone, I'm rooting for Turtle to win and based on voice, technique and versatility, I'm pretty darn sure she's Pannada. Sumo does sound like Lydia but I've heard her sing so many English songs and she's never been really good at belting her voice. Whenever she attempts to hit those high notes, she goes off key.

Last edited:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Am I the only one sad that Oyster was eliminated? There's a lot of real talent this season but he was definitely my most favourite of all the contestants. His renditions of Na Naao Tee Laew and Mot Huang are so freakin good that I've been putting them on repeat. I don't think I've ever heard anyone sing Jacky Cheung's song and actually sounding nearly as good as him, especially Everlasting Love since it's such a well loved classic in Cantonese Pop that is hard to master. Now that he's gone, I'm rooting for Turtle to win and based on voice, technique and versatility, I'm pretty darn sure she's Pannada. Sumo does sound like Lydia but I've heard her sing so many English songs and she's never been really good at belting her voice. Whenever she attempts to hit those high notes, she goes off key.

I feel so sure that turtle is Pannada, but people aren't convince lol. I've heard Pannada sing English before and her English is clear, but for some reason the English that turtle sang is clear, but not as clear? I don't know how to explain it. I still feel it is Pannada though. Whoever it is, is sure impressive though, able to carry Bang Bang Bang alone without getting tired lol.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
I feel so sure that turtle is Pannada, but people aren't convince lol. I've heard Pannada sing English before and her English is clear, but for some reason the English that turtle sang is clear, but not as clear? I don't know how to explain it. I still feel it is Pannada though. Whoever it is, is sure impressive though, able to carry Bang Bang Bang alone without getting tired lol.
I know what you mean. When Turtle performed Crazy In Love, her English didn't sound as fluent which kinda threw me off since Pannada's pronounication is spot on but it could be her way of messing with the fans/judges. The other guesses don't really make sense to me. Some people thought it was Katreeya which I disagree because her vocals aren't as full, clear or crisp as Turtle. It most definitely is not Kratae either. Yeah she can dance and has swag but would she really be taking part in two different singing competitions, Mask Singer and Sing Your Face Off? I don't think it's Faye Fang Kaew either because in terms of style and technique, those girls are not on the same caliber as Turtle unless they somehow magically improved. Turtle has to be someone from Pannada, Nat, Kat's generation.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I know what you mean. When Turtle performed Crazy In Love, her English didn't sound as fluent which kinda threw me off since Pannada's pronounication is spot on but it could be her way of messing with the fans/judges. The other guesses don't really make sense to me. Some people thought it was Katreeya which I disagree because her vocals aren't as full, clear or crisp as Turtle. It most definitely is not Kratae either. Yeah she can dance and has swag but would she really be taking part in two different singing competitions, Mask Singer and Sing Your Face Off? I don't think it's Faye Fang Kaew either because in terms of style and technique, those girls are not on the same caliber as Turtle unless they somehow magically improved. Turtle has to be someone from Pannada, Nat, Kat's generation.

I think so to someone from Pannada generation. Also, it is very hard to sing Kid Tueng Tur Took Tee To Yoo Khon Diew for someone in the younger generation. There are some people guessing that it is Mon of Room39 and there is another big rumor that it is Jiew of the Duo New Jiew and that Sumo is New of New Jiew. I can kind of see New being Sumo because I've heard her sing Lovin You and the way she hit that note is so similar. Also, there is no way Jiew can be turtle. I basically live and breathe listening to New & Jiew, and Gam, I would recognize their voice anywhere lol.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I'm sad the Oyster is gone. He was my 2nd fave after the White Crow and I really thought he would win the whole thing. What I like about him is his song choice. He picks some pretty unique ones and then add in his own stuff.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Well I can kinda see New being Sumo cause it's not that hard to make your voice sound more nasally and squeaky but Jiew as Turtle is so farfetched. As for Oyster, I guess they didn't keep him because most of the judges were confident that it was Ohm Cocktail whereas with Turtle, they're still no sure and thus, they want to keep her for that surprise factor. I totally agree on his uniqueness. Whenever Ohm Cocktail performs, each line, each verse is embedded with so much soul, passion and emotion that makes the song that much more memorable.

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
I'm SOOOOOO sad the oyster was eliminated. I was rooting for him to go all the way. He was my favorite out of all the contestants. :sad6:
No offense to the turtle, but I think the oyster is much more vocally skilled than her. I don't know if I'm overthinking it, but the turtle has had backup dancers for two rounds. I don't see how that is fair. But, hey! The turtle is talented too! She can sing in Korean, English, and Thai. I'm blown away.
I just adore the oyster for his voice and character. Agh, it makes me sad. Sumo's my last hope!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm SOOOOOO sad the oyster was eliminated. I was rooting for him to go all the way. He was my favorite out of all the contestants. :sad6:
No offense to the turtle, but I think the oyster is much more vocally skilled than her. I don't know if I'm overthinking it, but the turtle has had backup dancers for two rounds. I don't see how that is fair. But, hey! The turtle is talented too! She can sing in Korean, English, and Thai. I'm blown away.
I just adore the oyster for his voice and character. Agh, it makes me sad. Sumo's my last hope!
The thing is that oyster was so skilled to where people recognized him off the bat because they can tell by his voice. When it comes to turtle, she can sing, but she changed keys throughout the entire competition. Just when you think she was one person, she gave you something else to think about. Also, for turtle to sing bang bang bang all alone without even getting tired is one of the things that impressed the judges. judges vote count for like 10 points and I think more of the judges voted for turtle than oyster.

Destinys

sarNie Juvenile
The thing is that oyster was so skilled to where people recognized him off the bat because they can tell by his voice. When it comes to turtle, she can sing, but she changed keys throughout the entire competition. Just when you think she was one person, she gave you something else to think about. Also, for turtle to sing bang bang bang all alone without even getting tired is one of the things that impressed the judges. judges vote count for like 10 points and I think more of the judges voted for turtle than oyster.
Seriously! I have no clue who could be the turtle.
I'm thinking it has to be someone from the newer generation with lots of energy.
The first week of Group C, the turtle said very wise things and walked onto the stage like an elder. I'm thinking it's an act because her latest song choices have been very "pop" and current. Bang Bang Bang is not a song I see someone from the older generation singing, unless they're trying to play mind games with us.
I'm really thrown off. :confused12:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Seriously! I have no clue who could be the turtle.
I'm thinking it has to be someone from the newer generation with lots of energy.
The first week of Group C, the turtle said very wise things and walked onto the stage like an elder. I'm thinking it's an act because her latest song choices have been very "pop" and current. Bang Bang Bang is not a song I see someone from the older generation singing, unless they're trying to play mind games with us.
I'm really thrown off. :confused12:
It would have to be someone with a very mature voice though. I know sometimes age doesn't matter when it comes to talent, but even Gam Wichayanee who has a very powerful voice, you can still somewhat tell she is a younger generation singer. I could be totally wrong, but listening to turtle she sounds somewhat older, but bang bang bang is what really throws me off. I mean no one in the older gens like tata young and etc could dance like that plus sing bang bang bang without getting tired. Big Bang themselves start breathing hard when singing it lol and they are five guys. WHICH also makes it hard because not many very few if any of the younger generation has that much control.

One of my sisters thinks Turtle could possibly be Da Endorphine lol

Last edited:

HNA0

☀️
Does anyone know the name of the song that sumo sing in the final of group D?

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah I knew it, Turtle is Pannada. The song selections last week made it obvious that it was her and while I don't think that was her best performance, I'm still disappointed that she got eliminated.