Would you date someone with your last name?

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
Well it depends, it does seem kind of wierd dating sum1 with the same last name as yourself, one thing u wud need to figure out is if ur related to them in anyway wut so ever, and if their not related to you i guess i wud date them

starrys

sarNie Hatchling
Nope, because I think somewhere along history, we were related. In addition to that, I would date someone who would allow me to keep my last name. :rolleyes:

GueSs

TyziR
If they aren't related to me yeah.
But that's never a problem for me I like Latin women anyway.
Haha girl up there!
I told my girlfriend I wouldn't mine using her last name. It has less characters than mine. =D

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I think the Vietnamese have some pretty common last names so it's not weird to date someone with your last name then. However, for the Thais and Laos, I think their last names are unique enough where if someone has the same last name, they're probably related to you. I know for sure there's not that many people in the world with my last name and anyone who does have it is definitely related to me.

So my answer is no, I wouldn't date someone with my last name.

vina_lek

growing up, Nguyen was really common & still is... :blink:

um sure. :lol:

noungning

Heartless
lol um my last name isn't really mine... my parents borrowed it to come to the states. lmao :lol:

so my answer is yes.

but if u consider the real last names... um there are sooooo many ppl with the same last name as that of the original last name, so i wouldn't be dating a laotian. :p

heck i'm not dating one.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people with the same last name as me. It's pretty common for Mien people. The funny thing is Mien people, meaning the traditional parents (usually the oldgies), like it when their daughters marry someone with the same last name because then it means they are from the same clan. I guess we like to keep the money and kinship flowing on both ends :lol: As for my answer hmmmmmmmmmm I will have to think about that.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
so it's like a Maybe to you Nai?? lmfao it's okay....

anyways as for me... probably NO cause my last names pretty rare for Lao people... but comming to think of it, i actually do wanna keep my last name too.... i wonder if their's other's that has my last name too :).... as for the hmong peeps... super no on Vue's &+ Lo's too cause their somewhat like cousins to me.... hahha

XCappy

Mr. Char
so it's like a Maybe to you Nai?? lmfao it's okay....

anyways as for me... probably NO cause my last names pretty rare for Lao people... but comming to think of it, i actually do wanna keep my last name too.... i wonder if their's other's that has my last name too :).... as for the hmong peeps... super no on Vue's &+ Lo's too cause their somewhat like cousins to me.... hahha
Should I consider you like a cousin ? :clap:. But anyways, I tend to have the same case as Ning with her first line.

juicee

sarNie Elites
if you're thai and someone has the same last name as you, then you're related to them.

Nameless

N i n j a
i would, but need to take blood test first. jk. lol they should make a movie out of that concept. it would be interesting. the movie would be titled 'my girlfriend is in my blood'

cecilia

Staff member
^same as for hmong ppl too. if ppl have the same last name as you or somehow relate to you long long time ago. there's only 18 last names for the hmong ppl. and there are some that can't even marry even if they're two different last name. i think khang/kong/fang/hang have something in common that we ppl can't marry among one another. any other last name is fine. but not those. anyway, back to topic. i wouldn't ..LOl

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
^same as for hmong ppl too. if ppl have the same last name as you or somehow relate to you long long time ago. there's only 18 last names for the hmong ppl. and there are some that can't even marry even if they're two different last name. i think khang/kong/fang/hang have something in common that we ppl can't marry among one another. any other last name is fine. but not those. anyway, back to topic. i wouldn't ..LOl
Holy smack.. only 18 hmong last names?? hahha u kidding me righty?? it's ridiculous how they come up with these hmong last names.... khang/kong/fang/hang..... but man thanks for telling us....

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
Pham, Le, Phan, Nguyen, Tran, Luu, Luong, Lam, Phuong

I have about 300 people on my contacts list on my phone, and out of all the Vietnamese people on it...these are the only last names I could find. I'm a little scared about dating anyone with my last name cause I know my decedents reproduced like bunnies. I once dated this girl that didn't even have my last name and she ended up being my grandmother's cousin's kid. She was pretty hot, too. One day we pulled out this family tree my uncle had worked on, and she had the same exact one. It was gross. She ended up being my aunt, she just turned 23 last week.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Ewww P'Kev that is pretty disgusting. No P'Lek its a no to me actually my dad did tell me that I better not marry someone with the same last name as me haha.