❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Was watching some of the bts of the drama making, the funniest was Bella hugging Pope's breast.:risas3:
I don't think Bella had ever done that to any other male co stars.
Such action need to be beyond good friend to do that, so am curious why the distance in recent events
She’s been doing that to him since BPS days. That’s why everyone ships them… not just the fans, but people on production, their co-stars, Ch3 admin staff. They notice this closeness between them that they don’t do with their other co-stars. Bella always complains about Pope teasing her, but I always think she also really forgets herself around him. The “distance” you notice is cos he is restraining himself around her in public now. If you watch the BTS scenes, he will play around with her in scenes where there are only 2 of them. When there are other actors around he will hold back — but Bella doesn’t, LOL.

Even Great who is man, pay respect to Pope before grabbing his head because Pope is older, yet Bella do it so casually.
Yeah, their intimacy is really confusing. Even in BPS movie poster shooting she hugs him like nothing, had her leg around him and all. I used to think she gets comfortable like this with other co-stars too maybe but I see her doing this only with Pope. And vice-versa. Pope teases all his co-stars, but Bella is the only female co-star he’s this close with. On other shoots I see him doing his own thing between scenes. Or he sleeps. LOL

Great’s respectfulness is really amazing to me. The first time I noticed it in PL was in the BTS of that scene where he was angry at George and all the other guys were there. I saw him ‘wai’ before he started speaking and was confused. He’s the king… why did he have to show respect? Then I remembered Pope is older, and in that scene he had to speak harshly to him.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Maybe it is just an introvert - extrovert dynamic. And lately Pope has taken it to a recluse level when it comes to being in the public. I didn't realize PB have been working so long together until that clip above when Moddum said Bella told him they've been together day in, day out for 7-8 years. And sometimes they don't have anything to talk about anymore cause they're together so much. Being comfortable with silence when you're hanging out with someone probably needs a good level of closeness.

The lakorn itself...the later half has really been a chore to get through. I don't know who in that writing room thought it would be a good idea to throw in all these namnao elements into PL. And would they care? Ratings wise it might still be the highest rating since BPS? But I think it speaks volume that they're stuck in that ~7 range and it hasn't moved at all for the last set of episodes when even the lakorn with low ratings you start to see an uptick in the last 2-3 episodes.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Maybe it is just an introvert - extrovert dynamic. And lately Pope has taken it to a recluse level when it comes to being in the public.
That’s the largest part of it for sure. Even Tao TV Pool is now part of the media adding onto the “are they fighting?” speculation. Supposedly because the lakorn itself is so big but both of them hardly come out to promote together.

I may not agree with Pope’s decision on this, but I understand it. They’re not fighting, but yes, Pope is becoming reclusive. He is the one that doesn’t come out to promote much - not the lakorn, not even himself. He doesn’t attend events. The few individual events that he does since PL started airing, they’re outside Bangkok and/or do not have press/media in attendance. He seems to dislike events where there are a lot of people. He has not appeared in Thai outfits at all - not even in the fan meeting.

He doesn’t share what he do on social media. When he goes out with friends, it’s his friends who might post it on social media. And they don’t often do it too.

The lakorn itself...the later half has really been a chore to get through. I don't know who in that writing room thought it would be a good idea to throw in all these namnao elements into PL. And would they care? Ratings wise it might still be the highest rating since BPS? But I think it speaks volume that they're stuck in that ~7 range and it hasn't moved at all for the last set of episodes when even the lakorn with low ratings you start to see an uptick in the last 2-3 episodes.
There was an uptick in ep. 25. It went past 8 in terms of ratings. But yes, this is Ch3’s highest rated drama this year. Which is why, for Broadcast and the channel, I don’t think they will care much about viewers’ feedback. But they got slammed pretty hard in the last few episodes. On twitter, Pantip, P’Nong’s IG viewers complained about excessive appearance of Mae Klin, and Rid’s character.

Viewers aren’t attacking the actors. The criticism is directed towards the script cos of the lack of substance and the characterization. And the characters deviated from the novel (especially Rid). Recently there are fans speculating that maybe that’s why the fan meeting was organized in such a rushed manner. Cos if they waited till the show ended before having it, many fans won’t be supporting it since they’re so disappointed with Rid’s character.

That it is still Ch3’s highest-rated drama this year - that’s basically due the strength of the Pope-Bella fan base. The sad thing is the show made it based on that, it had the potential to be more.

nat12

sarNie Adult
OMG, P’Nong’s IG is really getting slammed by criticism over Rid’s character. By both Thai and international fans.

bit

sarNie Adult
OMG, P’Nong’s IG is really getting slammed by criticism over Rid’s character. By both Thai and international fans.
She should expect that, creating such a stupid character arc when the original in the novel is so much better.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I’m not a big fan of pandering to fans. But in this case I think it’s not just Pope’s fans who are complaining. The script is really disappointing.

BTS of the concubine scene. Is Pope being sarcastic about his character? Hahahah
“keep it until ep 27”

bit

sarNie Adult
Everyone who is a fan of the lakorn and even general viewers are complaining, not just Pope ardent fans.

The book, the history got so much potential. The one who genuinely work hard and met expectation are the location and wardrobe department.

one more thing I don’t understand how a 27 episodes drama can only have one writer. At least get 2 or 3 which can help each other.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Everyone who is a fan of the lakorn and even general viewers are complaining, not just Pope ardent fans.

The book, the history got so much potential. The one who genuinely work hard and met expectation are the location and wardrobe department.

one more thing I don’t understand how a 27 episodes drama can only have one writer. At least get 2 or 3 which can help each other.
Oh I agree on the location, props and costumes dept. I think camera work and CG was ok too. Just editing is weird.

Btw, the lakorn is only 26 eps… lol I think Pope was really being sarcastic. But yes, they need more than 1 writer for sure. I especially think it’s unreasonable that a lakorn that was already ready for shooting did not have the script finished.. and actors were getting scripts 2-3 days before shooting. Especially for the sequel to BPS.

And the director and her assistant does not understand the charm of period dramas at all. Everything is too modern. It’s good that Puttan is a modern heroine capable of being independent, but why is p’ek reduced to all these MV scenes of him staring sadly into space? So many people checking on the script and no one realized that p’ek is hardly doing anything, it’s just other people around him doing things for him? P’Nong even said she watched the whole thing about 8 times. If it wasn’t Pope acting in the role, Rid would have gotten much more hate.

It’s fine to include modern ideas of women empowerment and all but to completely disregard the period setting of the drama is really too much. The whole drama seems planned in terms of separate scenes that look good on camera.. but when they put them together the story doesn’t quite make sense.

I just found out that the director directed Prao Mook too. My God.. I wanted to like that drama so much cos I thought the cast had chemistry, and some scenes looked good. But for some reason, the story just didn’t make sense to me. Now I’m having that same feeling when I watch Prom Likhit.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I’m a little frustrated with Rid for still being passive even after he said it was karma for his actions of letting her to 1000 years ago that he loses her in every lifetime. And then he goes and passively let the king have his woman after she chose to stay with him in the past instead of going back to her time! I get it, I know, he’s a man of his time and defying the king would mean dire consequences for him and his family but ugh, wish he was more assertive and proactive about his love. He should’ve been the one to tell the king/his friend. How he is learning from his past mistake from 1000 years ago???

also, is it just me or does anyone else wanna see the story of the past 1000 years? Lmao. I wish they spent more time on that storyline? Maybe we can petition for them to actually make a separate series???

but I don’t get why Putarn from 1000 (can’t remember her name from the past) was blamed for everything??? Her lover abandoned her, she was forced into marriage with a man she didn’t love, who then took on a mistress, and then her servants led her to believe that her husband’s mistress killed her babies! She’s the victim, not everyone else. If anything, it’s the faults of P’Date and Katsura’s from 1000 years ago. No?

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
I’m a little frustrated with Rid for still being passive even after he said it was karma for his actions of letting her to 1000 years ago that he loses her in every lifetime. And then he goes and passively let the king have his woman after she chose to stay with him in the past instead of going back to her time! I get it, I know, he’s a man of his time and defying the king would mean dire consequences for him and his family but ugh, wish he was more assertive and proactive about his love. He should’ve been the one to tell the king/his friend. How he is learning from his past mistake from 1000 years ago???
You are not the only one having the same frustration. I’ve said it too many times. This is the flaw of the script. The king’s character is not typical according to historical context. If they’re going to make him such a reasonable person who was willing to accept Rid & Puttan’s feelings for each other, and bring them together, then Rid should have been written as the one who would say something about it. Instead of Puttan speaking to the king about it! Especially considering Rid knew their past history together, and not wanting to lose Puttan… his passiveness was especially frustrating.

But hey, the production got their grand scene of Puttan entering the palace. That episode had a lot of views online and clips of the scene also had a lot of views. So, everyone benefited I guess? I’m being sarcastic of course. The story and the character of Rid is ruined.

Personally I think character of the king and Puttan is also problematic. But this production doesn’t seem to be able to think of characters beyond what looks good on camera. :rolleyes:

also, is it just me or does anyone else wanna see the story of the past 1000 years? Lmao. I wish they spent more time on that storyline? Maybe we can petition for them to actually make a separate series???
LOL no I don’t want a separate series cos I don’t trust this production anymore. But I at least had expected a whole episode on that storyline. Because it’s the foundation of essentially TWO epic love stories now It deserved more time and de than what was given in this show.

but I don’t get why Putarn from 1000 (can’t remember her name from the past) was blamed for everything??? Her lover abandoned her, she was forced into marriage with a man she didn’t love, who then took on a mistress, and then her servants led her to believe that her husband’s mistress killed her babies! She’s the victim, not everyone else. If anything, it’s the faults of P’Date and Katsura’s from 1000 years ago. No?
I didn’t quite get it either. I’m not sure if my lack of understanding is because that storyline was so rushed. It was presented at the level of school students doing a video project honestly. I think Aditya’s only mistake was that she held on to anger and resentment after her lover abandoned her, which then grew. She never accepted her situation and let go of her unhappiness. So she became clouded by her anger from that moment on and it drove all her actions and affected others around her. But the storytelling was so sparse I also didn’t understand how all that was her fault.

I also wished we got more on Karaket’s past! Like how did the little girl grew up to be evil Karaket in BPS. It didn’t happen overnight. But her past was only loosely narrated by P’Pin & P’Yam.

bit

sarNie Adult
The went to all the trouble to cast actress that can be Puttarn auntie and step mom, the Karakade of 1000 years before yet so lazy to put the story properly.

The one should be at fault is Karakade dad, he was the one that force the marriage with with Date of 1000 years ago because he wants to join the 2 kingdoms. But Date already had a lover Kadesurang at the time (which is something they should have told instead of making it look like Date bringing Kadesurang put of the blue like that)

The fault of Karakade is only one, she ordered the death of people, yet she is the being punished for thousand of years.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The one should be at fault is Karakade dad, he was the one that force the marriage with with Date of 1000 years ago because he wants to join the 2 kingdoms. But Date already had a lover Kadesurang at the time (which is something they should have told instead of making it look like Date bringing Kadesurang put of the blue like that)

The fault of Karakade is only one, she ordered the death of people, yet she is the being punished for thousand of years.
I think they’re in a karma… loop though, right? The Krishna Kali mantra origin story was sooo badly explained that a lot of things aren’t clear. Like why are Karakade/Ketsurang twins for so many lifetimes where one of them had to die. That’s part of the karma, right? I think part of the issue why Karakade had to be punished for so long is cos she kept accumulating bad karma too before “paying off” the previous one. She could be reborn as Puttan because Ketsurang made merit for her. But Puttan was also suffering from Aditya & Karaket’s karma? Also, if Rit was Sriprach in his prev life (he was the original match for Karakade), then that’s part of his karma too that he died from an unjust accusation. And loyalty to the king remained part of his character.

I suspect they didn’t want to tie Det & Ketsurang too much to this part of the story cos it might make the familial connections more awkward. Especially since Pope & Bella are playing all 4 characters. But definitely this story could have been told better.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Some media noticed the viewers complaints about the drama, and asked P’Nong about it.

When they showed BTS of the making recently, I kept skipping forward all the interviews with P’Nong, the scriptwriter and the director. So annoyed.

bit

sarNie Adult
I know it’s their culture to be respectful of your elders, teachers etc but sometimes it’s hindering actually discussion on things.

like this drama, it’s no the first time Broadcast is in this situation. Yet they keep making the same mistake.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I still can’t believe that the sequel to Thailand’s most successful drama in recent history can be screwed up this badly. There’s no worse drama to prove that Thailand only knows how to write dramas that rely on koojin and irrational stereotypical villain characters.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
I think the political blame game starts about the stagnant rating and poor scripts.
Despite the poorly scripted character of Por Rid, many fans still supporting Pope.
I am guessing Pope reluctance in promotional activities maybe his silent protest

bit

sarNie Adult
all the actors and actresses did their best, but you can’t revive a dead cat if the script was poor.

even oscar winning actor can’t save stupid dialogue

bit

sarNie Adult
Out of all the story they can change, the kept the story of Rueng Lek dying. They could have just skip that end note in the book

nat12

sarNie Adult
Despite the poorly scripted character of Por Rid, many fans still supporting Pope.
I am guessing Pope reluctance in promotional activities maybe his silent protest
There won’t be any blame game — only for the audience to the producer, scriptwriter and director. Well, viewers have eyes. Pope really did a good job separating the characters in the drama. If Por Rid wasn’t acted by him, I think the character would have been more hated.

I’ve been guessing that his reluctance in promotional activities is due to him not being happy with his character for weeks now. It makes him look bad but he’s being more reclusive anyway so it fits. I keep hoping the character will get better, but I guess now we just have to wait for the ending.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
Hi everyone! I just got back from my trip (just 2 hours ago) but I've been wanting to comment on my thoughts.

I think I watched the full episode on Monday, and then I watched a few clips of Tuesday's and Wednesday's. I didn't feel like it was worth my trip time to watch full episodes after I saw how they portrayed the characters and story of the origin of Kritsana Kali. I was so disappointed. I think I've been so patient because I was expecting a grand and in-depth storytelling of that part. But they only gave a narration and the whole thing was explained in less than an episode. It was supposed to be like a big concept of this sequel but it was treated that way. And rather than tie all the threads together and connect the dots, there were more questions and confusion instead. Even viewers who commented on Pantip were disappointed and they had many questions after that episode.

Also, yeah a lot of people were talking about Por Rid. Someone call the police and ambulance because a character assassination has happened. And it has been happening for so long now but the episode where he was crying and did nothing when Puttarn was off to the king takes the cake. Poor Pope put in so much effort and acted his best for all of his 3 characters but the script for Por Rid is just...:facepalm: