❤️[ONE31] Bpai Hai Teung Duang Daao (The One Enterprise): Cris Horwang / Aum Atichart / Bank Thiti / Maprang Alrisa

sarNie Adult
Episode 1 was good. So far, I only like Alrissa's character. She's righteous, tough, hard working and loyal. Bank seems like he's attracted to luxury and the limelight, so I guess we'll see him choose between that and love.

Don't understand why Aum & Cris don't just get a divorce. How much money do you need to live that lifestyle? For people who claim to love their children, they should compromise, not annoy the other until one of them gives, at the detriment of their child.

I'm thinking Aum doesn't care about the women he's having affairs with. He's just doing it to annoy Cris into a divorce. He's probably going for Alrissa to see if she'll compromise her morals just like all the other women who throw themselves at him for money but eventually, falls for her because she doesn't and is a hard worker like he is before he became rich.

Wondering if Aum married Cris for money or love.

sarNie Adult
Just finished episode 2. It's still good. Cris is starting to shine more, but you still can't sympathize with her much because she's a grown adult who's still listening to her mom. Bank helped her out instead of taking advantage of her, but all she can think of is using him to get back at Aum.

Bank is a nice guy but isn't successful in his career. He has to know that his job isn't steady enough to provide the kind of life he wants for himself and Alrissa. He should get into a career that's more steady while doing his dream job on the side until he establishes himself more in that field.

Other than working hard and building a thriving business for himself, I don't see anything else good about Aum. Guess that may still be coming up? Or maybe he's just an asshole who learns to be descent when he falls for Alrissa.

Alrissa is still the most likeable character here. Will see if she changes as the story goes on.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I’m trying to figure out why it seems like Aum hates Cris so much. Like is there some type of backstory as to why they ended up like this? It’s hard to believe he’s such a mean jerk to her just because. Maybe he just is but I feel like there might be something behind his behavior. Either way I liked Ep 2 and you can tell that Aum is getting even more interested in Alrisa after she tried to return his money. Can’t wait to see how their story develops! As for Cris and Bank, I feel like I’m gonna be annoyed by their storyline lol I can feel it already. For some reason I get bad vibes from Bank, like he’s gonna succumb to the dark side and that dark side being Cris haha

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
I caught half of episode 2 and I can’t wait for more episodes. How many episodes is this show airing per week? Just Mon/Tuesday?

sarNie Adult
Interesting. I wonder if people just don't like the storyline.

I don't really trust the trends on social media anymore. A lot of it can be fake and bought.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
For one, maybe the weak performance of "Nee Sanaeha" (plus finale week of "Game Ruk Ao Keun") has really affected this as well. I believe "Jao Mae Asorapit" has the elements to be a ratings success and hopefully be a strong pre-programming to this. (Though Cris' drama in GMM25 is airing on Monday as well. I just dunno if her audience would take the time to switch to One31 after this finished airing on the said channel, considering both have similar elements of infidelity and feistiness on Cris' part).

And I just hope this is just a case of slow burn. Khun Sant's dramas "Lah" and "Mia 2018" both picked up in the ratings towards the middle part. Maybe this just needs a "hook" to get there too. (The Sean x Camilla drama though is a different case, coz maybe the theme isn't meant for a general audience.)

sarNie Adult
Looks like the One31 shows might get a hit following the Korat shootings for reporting the news live. Thai people are calling a ban on the channel.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Yikes! I can't blame the Thai people though for such strong reactions. I remember we had a hostage situation 10 years ago in Manila (wherein some Hong Kong nationals died), and our major TV channels even preempted their programming just to cover that one. Some of them get fined for irresponsible behaviour as their actions somehow compromise the police force.

sarNie Adult
Done with episode 3. While the story is just the same ol infidelity story, every scene is just so well executed and has a purpose.

This was such a touching episode about the daughter. Cris is there for her, but Aum isn't. The daughter is always there waiting to have the littlest time with her dad. She even tried to cheer her dad up, when he got her the same gift. I wonder what turned Aum into such an asshole. If Aum & Cris decided to leave each other, they'd still have to remain friendly for their kid.

I'm guessing he was poor like Bank, married rich and was always looked down on until he got big.

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Goodness gracious! More drama in episode 3 as expected lol Aums relationship with his daughter reminds me of the father daughter relationship in Train to Busan. Father that provides for his daughter but is absent in almost all other aspects of her life :( He obviously loves and cares for her and is disappointed in himself when he realizes his wrong doings. His immature personality and bad relationship with his wife is causing so much problems for his poor daughter. I really wanna know why Aum is such an A-hole in this one. Cris may be immature as well when it comes to her relationship but she seems to be a very loving mother thankfully.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Just watched ep 4 and I think they revealed some of the reasons why Aum’s character hates Cris’ so much. Unfortunately I couldn’t understand much, I just know one of the reasons had to do with her pregnancy and something that she said to him on their wedding day that really seemed to upset him. Hopefully someone can translate that part please. Aums character seems to be trying to put more effort into his relationship with his daughter in this episode thankfully. He obviously cares for her but we’ll see if this effort will last long. He really seems to hate Cris character though. They had a cute little dancing moment with their daughter but after that it was back to their regular relationship.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Rating for Episode 3 was at 0.9. Still below par, but looks like the live reporting debacle over the weekend didn't make a dent on the ratings of their dramas. ("Si Thep Poo Pitak" was at 3.4, while "Jao Mae Asorapit" debuted at 1.8)

I really hope this picks up. This is getting some discussion threads over at Pantip, so looks like there's some interest on this drama at least from the Internet.

sarNie Adult
The ban Channel One tag was number 2 trending during the incident. Guess it either didn't last long or there isn't enough people fighting the establishment to make a difference.

It's still lukewarm, but I think it's building up. It was somewhat revealed in ep4 about what happen with Aum & Cris. Neither of them can communicate properly when they're insecure, ended up putting each other down and built up the resentment we see today.

I still don't sympathize for Aum though. He felt bad that people put him down, but he's doing the very same thing with Alrissa, thinking he can buy her with money. Also, the sleeping with random women thing while neglecting his daughter. I don't blame Cris for being upset with him.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ I saw last week's network ratings, and One31 dropped to #6 (though it increased a bit compared to its average the week prior). Thairath, primarily a news channel, rose to #4 because of the Korat coverage.

Tell me more about communication issues between couples. I know some who have that IRL. They tend to be passive-aggressive and/or have intermediaries communicate to the other party in their behalf, when they themselves can do it amongst themselves.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Dang, barely ep 6 and already Banks character has cheated on Alrisa’s :rolleyes: I knew he would be the first one to do anything wrong lol The only reason Bank and Cris stopped was cause he got a text from Alrisa! I felt so sad for Cris character in ep 6. She’s such a great actress. All of the cast is doing a great job!

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
Dang, barely ep 6 and already Banks character has cheated on Alrisa’s :rolleyes: I knew he would be the first one to do anything wrong lol The only reason Bank and Cris stopped was cause he got a text from Alrisa! I felt so sad for Cris character in ep 6. She’s such a great actress. All of the cast is doing a great job!
It’s pretty sad. The way he looks at Cris, he’s definitely tempted. I’m ok with Alrisa ending up with no one at this point, although Aum does look yummy lol.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Yesterday's episode got a 0.5 rating. That's the lowest for any One31-produced since "Monkey Twins". (Excluding weekend dramas, the last drama that got such a low rating was "Muang Maya Live The Series: Sai Luerd Maya", starring Fon Sananthachat, Dan Worrawech and Tongtong the Star.)

In contrast, "Nuer Nai" got a 0.6 rating, a new high for the drama.