❤️ Various ET News

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I didn't fully read the article ... but it sounds like staff in the building...admins? They are paying off their contract/agreement...?

Here's the beginning part of the article *****

BANGKOK — One of Thailand’s biggest TV stations announced yet another plan to shave off its staff number by the end of February.

BEC World Plc, which operates TV Channel 3, said on Tuesday it is offering voluntary early retirement payouts for its employees as part of its attempt to downsize the station – less than a year after about 200 station employees were laid off.

BEC World executive Ariya Banomyong said other measures will be introduced to generate more revenues, such as selling its contents to overseas markets, improving its online platforms, and selling “direct-to-consumer” advertisements.
How about they start eng subbing their lakorns in the prime time slots. Eng subbing is what made korean, chinese, and japanese dramas so famous and popular worldwide. Why can’t they get that through their thick heads! If they don’t want to do it themselves, they should stop copyrighting all the subbers that do it. Thai lakorns lack the popularity other country’s dramas have because of the lack of English subs for their lakorns. I can’t tell you how many people tell me that they want to get into lakorns but don’t because they can never find subs for them.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
How about they start eng subbing their lakorns in the prime time slots. Eng subbing is what made korean, chinese, and japanese dramas so famous and popular worldwide. Why can’t they get that through their thick heads! If they don’t want to do it themselves, they should stop copyrighting all the subbers that do it. Thai lakorns lack the popularity other country’s dramas have because of the lack of English subs for their lakorns. I can’t tell you how many people tell me that they want to get into lakorns but don’t because they can never find subs for them.
The theme needs to be upgraded....they can't make it too namnao......with rapping/forcing and all that demeaning such...these don't really happen in the other asian drama...it also won't sit to well with international viewers

I myself barely watch thai lakorn now and is more interested in chinese and korean series....my root is here soni always seek it out and catch a few good drama but none has really sustained my interest.

There is some traction in thai lakorn....I see some chinese and vietnamese fanbase....

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
The theme needs to be upgraded....they can't make it too namnao......with rapping/forcing and all that demeaning such...these don't really happen in the other asian drama...it also won't sit to well with international viewers

I myself barely watch thai lakorn now and is more interested in chinese and korean series....my root is here soni always seek it out and catch a few good drama but none has really sustained my interest.

There is some traction in thai lakorn....I see some chinese and vietnamese fanbase....
That too definitely. It’s something that puts off the international audience. I don’t think ch3 has that issue though because I don’t think they’ve had an r scene in a long time. None of their lakorns in recent years have been nearly as crazy in terms of sexual aggressiveness as other channels. I actually think the international audience interested in asian dramas don’t have an issue with that type of forced romance but the only issue they have is the actual r-scene. Like Hua Jai Sila was hugely popular last year internationally and I didn’t see many people complaining about the content in that drama and that drama was pretty intense with the aggressiveness. Only when he slept with the sister did everyone complain lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
But the thing with Japanese, Korean and all Chinese speaking drama, they had a large following prior to their massive success now. Fansubbers were abundant compare to lakorn subbers.

If they really want to go inter (in this case, gain revenue), they need to stand out from Korean and Chinese dramas. Cable lakorns are trying their best but I have not come to like any of their work. And if I do, it's not enough to gain an international following. I really liked Happy Birthday but somehow I still felt it lacking because it felt very teenish... not even a word but I can't think of anything else to describe it.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
But the thing with Japanese, Korean and all Chinese speaking drama, they had a large following prior to their massive success now. Fansubbers were abundant compare to lakorn subbers.

If they really want to go inter (in this case, gain revenue), they need to stand out from Korean and Chinese dramas. Cable lakorns are trying their best but I have not come to like any of their work. And if I do, it's not enough to gain an international following. I really liked Happy Birthday but somehow I still felt it lacking because it felt very teenish... not even a word but I can't think of anything else to describe it.
Well the only way they’ll get a bigger following is if there are more eng subs out there for everyone to watch. Can’t have an international audience if most of them are not willing to watch something they don’t understand. Lots of fan subbers don’t have the time to deal with the copyright issues that Ch3 throws their way all the time. Other asian countries are not this crazy harsh against fan subbers and in fact welcome them with popular apps like Viki and Drama Fever. Thai dramas are definitely behind the other Asian countries in terms of quality most of the time but it’s getting better as time goes on. At least channels like GMM and OneHD are getting better. Ch3 is flatlining and Ch7 always have train wreck lakorns but at least they’re entertaining.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Okay guys, so looks like maybe Sammy Cowell will be leaving Ch7 after all? People online are guessing that she’s gonna be the n’ek in Sai Roong, the lakorn that Kwan ditched and left the set. A news site or something said the n’ek is someone from another channel who’s contract is running out. I thought she already re-signed with ch7 but makes sense if it’s her cause her lakorn that she’s supposed to have with Mik is very quiet. Either way, I’m excited cause someone else on the lakorn thread said Aum A is the p’ek :cheer: http://instagr.am/p/B8yfyybl7Wk/

spanky

sarNie OldFart
That too definitely. It’s something that puts off the international audience. I don’t think ch3 has that issue though because I don’t think they’ve had an r scene in a long time. None of their lakorns in recent years have been nearly as crazy in terms of sexual aggressiveness as other channels. I actually think the international audience interested in asian dramas don’t have an issue with that type of forced romance but the only issue they have is the actual r-scene. Like Hua Jai Sila was hugely popular last year internationally and I didn’t see many people complaining about the content in that drama and that drama was pretty intense with the aggressiveness. Only when he slept with the sister did everyone complain lol
Not internationally within the asian continent..... I'm thinking broader with Netflix to western audiences....being soo forceful is not romantic. Stockholm syndrome....#metoo movement

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Okay guys, so looks like maybe Sammy Cowell will be leaving Ch7 after all? People online are guessing that she’s gonna be the n’ek in Sai Roong, the lakorn that Kwan ditched and left the set. A news site or something said the n’ek is someone from another channel who’s contract is running out. I thought she already re-signed with ch7 but makes sense if it’s her cause her lakorn that she’s supposed to have with Mik is very quiet. Either way, I’m excited cause someone else on the lakorn thread said Aum A is the p’ek :cheer: http://instagr.am/p/B8yfyybl7Wk/
I heard someone else is the nk with aum....

Sammy had a table reading with mik & currently filming with om.

I would love for her to be freelance

spanky

sarNie OldFart
So p'boy mouth the name and it seems like it is saying sammy....or Mee....

Sammy camp denied it and said she still have a few more years...

Other speculate stephanie (sounds like mee)....since she has no current lakorn filming...she filming that movie with wier under prodeecom

Or even Sonya but she is rumor to have a lakorn with tle

It be great if it is sammy but.....I guess well see when someone contract is done ....n they are at the blessing

Last edited:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Thailand definitely should have ENG SUBS available for their audience. It was a shame when they cracked down on VIKI for subbing lakorns. I use to be a subber on there and we had a huge foreign fanbase. A little after I left VIKI, [2013], the Thai broadcasting/gov. put out a licensing law that prohibited the use of their content. From that point on, no more subbed lakorns on VIKI.

I think it's smart that some of the cable channels put their lakorns on youtube because there's a caption/subbing option where fans can provide subs. All Thai channels should do it by now. It's the smartest way to reach a global audience.

Lots of C-dramas are on Youtube now, and the subs are provided by fan subbing teams. It's a great way for the distributor to make a little profit through views, clicks, and likes.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Thailand definitely should have ENG SUBS available for their audience. It was a shame when they cracked down on VIKI for subbing lakorns. I use to be a subber on there and we had a huge foreign fanbase. A little after I left VIKI, [2013], the Thai broadcasting/gov. put out a licensing law that prohibited the use of their content. From that point on, no more subbed lakorns on VIKI.

I think it's smart that some of the cable channels put their lakorns on youtube because there's a caption/subbing option where fans can provide subs. All Thai channels should do it by now. It's the smartest way to reach a global audience.

Lots of C-dramas are on Youtube now, and the subs are provided by fan subbing teams. It's a great way for the distributor to make a little profit through views, clicks, and likes.
GMM does eng subs for some of their lakorns and they upload them on their YouTube channel which is very smart of them. OneHD has put a lot of their lakorns on Netflix with eng subs. Not sure why channels like Ch3 and Ch7 barely put their lakorns on Netflix when I’m sure Netflix is interested in some of them. I remember Ch3 putting Kimmy and Mario’s lakorn on Netflix but that’s it.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
GMM does eng subs for some of their lakorns and they upload them on their YouTube channel which is very smart of them. OneHD has put a lot of their lakorns on Netflix with eng subs. Not sure why channels like Ch3 and Ch7 barely put their lakorns on Netflix when I’m sure Netflix is interested in some of them. I remember Ch3 putting Kimmy and Mario’s lakorn on Netflix but that’s it.
Ch7 is too conservative... Or rather the head is. I don't think their policies have changed much hence the reason their dara's are leaving left and right.
I've been wishing for years for them to just upload on youtube. Ch7 has a youtube channel but all they do is just upload highlights.
Right now, BL is all the craze and that's what the foreign audience thinks Thailand is all about. GMM, ONE HD and the other cable channels are smart in their marketing.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I can see Stephany leaving ch7. She mostly worked with Pordeecom and now that they're gone, she might not be interested in staying. Plus, she seems to not be so passionate about acting, she seems more focused on her travelling and being a fitness instructor. I would love to see her work with Mik again though, lakorn gods please make it happen.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Ch7 needs to have more production companies. They can't possibly think that Dida, Kantana, and DaraVDO are enough at this point, all 3 of them just released lakorns with pretty sad ratings. What happened to Prakotgarndee, that production actually made a few hits.
well done ! That channel is too biased lol

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I am into cdramas now. My latest hit is "Joy Of Life". I lost interest in lakorns so far. Ch7 biasness, Ch3 dark-skin tone prejudice and GMM25/One31 overdramatic styles aren't helping either.
Now 2 lakorns are interesting me from the teasers I have seen : Vill and Film lakorn (The funny side and kind of time travel give me a "Joy of life" vibe) and Aff & Tor lakorn (I like the suspens that I am seeing and I miss Aff class and beauty)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I am into cdramas now. My latest hit is "Joy Of Life". I lost interest in lakorns so far. Ch7 biasness, Ch3 dark-skin tone prejudice and GMM25/One31 overdramatic styles aren't helping either.
Now 2 lakorns are interesting me from the teasers I have seen : Vill and Film lakorn (The funny side and kind of time travel give me a "Joy of life" vibe) and Aff & Tor lakorn (I like the suspens that I am seeing and I miss Aff class and beauty)
Same here....I been more into c & k drama of late ....for at least the past 3 years. I was really slow on the k&c drama craze hahaha....

I, maybe enjoy 3 thai lakorn a year....

I still follow thai drama to see what can catch my interest.....at last...not much....Gmm/1hd does have some fluffy easy watch that isn't trashy....but the trashy one overwhelm it.

I feel c & k drama has a variety of genre that doesn't overtakes the other and no overwhelm with trashy ones...

They have their crazy namnao.....then there is romance, mystery, actions, boran......they don't necessarily focus on romance and there is different content.

Sometime I just want an easy relaxing watch of a fluff love story.

Then I have a wit battle like a intense chess game like Nirvana in fire. Beautiful scenery

Also majority of the time they have awesome supporting characters who is not an annoying spoiler

Crash landing on you....it set up like with the usual trope but they do it with charm....you care about all the characters....the character in the story is heartwarming and funny.

Many good scenes wasn't just with the pra'nang but between majority of the character.

I wish thai drama level it up like that. Nothing wrong with the usual trope but you got to handle it with improve flare

I wish thai had more/ better boran like BPS

I feel only about 10-20% of thai lakorn are ok....the rest are trashy...silly nonsense fillers.

Bee N. Mini series on sleepless society is Interesting with the mystery.

Although I find c & k drama better in content. They do suffer the long episodes with fillers and dragging parts. But it still a more enjoyable watch.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Same here....I been more into c & k drama of late ....for at least the past 3 years. I was really slow on the k&c drama craze hahaha....

I, maybe enjoy 3 thai lakorn a year....

I still follow thai drama to see what can catch my interest.....at last...not much....Gmm/1hd does have some fluffy easy watch that isn't trashy....but the trashy one overwhelm it.

I feel c & k drama has a variety of genre that doesn't overtakes the other and no overwhelm with trashy ones...

They have their crazy namnao.....then there is romance, mystery, actions, boran......they don't necessarily focus on romance and there is different content.

Sometime I just want an easy relaxing watch of a fluff love story.

Then I have a wit battle like a intense chess game like Nirvana in fire. Beautiful scenery

Also majority of the time they have awesome supporting characters who is not an annoying spoiler

Crash landing on you....it set up like with the usual trope but they do it with charm....you care about all the characters....the character in the story is heartwarming and funny.

Many good scenes wasn't just with the pra'nang but between majority of the character.

I wish thai drama level it up like that. Nothing wrong with the usual trope but you got to handle it with improve flare

I wish thai had more/ better boran like BPS

I feel only about 10-20% of thai lakorn are ok....the rest are trashy...silly nonsense fillers.

Bee N. Mini series on sleepless society is Interesting with the mystery.

Although I find c & k drama better in content. They do suffer the long episodes with fillers and dragging parts. But it still a more enjoyable watch.
The good thing with Lakorns is sometimes you can have a lead female character that is a proper B.ATCH with huge s.x appeal. Not every female shall be your innocent like blank piece of paper that is clumsy and shy acts like a preteen porcelain doll and bla bla bla. I wished Cdramas would copy Thai Lakorns concerning their heroines personalities. Or if they are mature professional women they are too stern ? Anyway I I am at the point I wouldn't mind a "Bimbo" as a female lead in a Cdrama for a change lmao. Kdramas are my cryptonites now. Basically I used to be more into jdramas than kdramas or Tdramas

spanky

sarNie OldFart
The good thing with Lakorns is sometimes you can have a lead female character that is a proper B.ATCH with huge s.x appeal. Not every female shall be your innocent like blank piece of paper that is clumsy and shy acts like a preteen porcelain doll and bla bla bla. I wished Cdramas would copy Thai Lakorns concerning their heroines personalities. Or if they are mature professional women they are too stern ? Anyway I I am at the point I wouldn't mind a "Bimbo" as a female lead in a Cdrama for a change lmao. Kdramas are my cryptonites now. Basically I used to be more into jdramas than kdramas or Tdramas

They do have it....but like thai lakorn that suffer from the typical female characters trope

My mowgli boy.( C-drama)...it was too long and the story is chaotic.

FL is selfish, self absorbed brat/ bitchy....there is some growth....she was kind of villainess....but yes, these are about 20% ....the majority is the usual "type"

I feel thai drama suffer the same thing......majority ys nang ak ..nang ak

Fight for my way is one of my fav...FL is kind of a little of everything....tough yet vulnerable....loud and shrew but yet cute & naive

There is soo many C drama not subs that have those characters. C & k drama branch off to lots of good web series without the china restrictions & ban.

Crash landing on to you....1 of my fav female leads character/ personality...telling ok his face is just her type and sending out her finger hearts to all the boys hahaha

There are soo many options that I get overwhelmed and can't pick what I will start with.

I like period dramas and ancient.....I feel it gives a more romantic flare just in the setting

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
They do have it....but like thai lakorn that suffer from the typical female characters trope

My mowgli boy.( C-drama)...it was too long and the story is chaotic.

FL is selfish, self absorbed brat/ bitchy....there is some growth....she was kind of villainess....but yes, these are about 20% ....the majority is the usual "type"

I feel thai drama suffer the same thing......majority ys nang ak ..nang ak

Fight for my way is one of my fav...FL is kind of a little of everything....tough yet vulnerable....loud and shrew but yet cute & naive

There is soo many C drama not subs that have those characters. C & k drama branch off to lots of good web series without the china restrictions & ban.

Crash landing on to you....1 of my fav female leads character/ personality...telling ok his face is just her type and sending out her finger hearts to all the boys hahaha

There are soo many options that I get overwhelmed and can't pick what I will start with.

I like period dramas and ancient.....I feel it gives a more romantic flare just in the setting
I like period Cdramas because of Hanfus and how men had long hair :-D and makes me see how "Han chinese people" lost a part of their culture by Ming destruction and mandchou invasion. Sometimes I am surprised to see more kissing scenes in ancient dramas than modern ones lool. But on the FL characters I feel lakorns still got more b.tchy/raeng Nang'eks than Cdramas do. Now I am staying far far away from school cdramas since the heroines aren't my types.

Last edited: