❤️ Various ET News

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I don't know why people keep saying Mint barely gets top pra'ek. She starred with Mark, James Ma, Boy Pakorn, Pope, and Mario. I think these guys are considered top in the Thai ET although some of their acting is not top notch.
She doesn’t get them anymore is what people are mad at. Her last A-lister was James Ma in 2017 and it wasn’t even a good drama. Plus her drama with Pope was like almost 10 years ago and her dramas with Boy and Mario were 5 years ago. Its 2020, almost about to be 2021. Almost 4 years without another top p’ek to act with is unacceptable in my eyes.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
She doesn’t get them anymore is what people are mad at. Her last A-lister was James Ma in 2017 and it wasn’t even a good drama. Plus her drama with Pope was like almost 10 years ago and her dramas with Boy and Mario were 5 years ago. Its 2020, almost about to be 2021. Almost 4 years without another top p’ek to act with is unacceptable in my eyes.
I agree and also the lakorn with Pope, she was the second lead. They’ve never even had their own lakorn. She has paired up with guys like Bomb and Top who are now slowly becoming the second male lead.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
They treat all the other A-listers well besides her which is weird cause it’s not like she’s not popular or something. She has a good sized FC that have been loyal to her for years so it’s just puzzling. Well I feel like Bow deserves the push. She basically is getting the same treatment as Kao but she didn’t start off with supporting and just got n’ek right away. She’s talented, has the star power, personality, looks, and popularity for it so it’s a no brainer. She’s far above lots of their other girls her age at Ch3 in my opinion.
My opinion about Mint Chalida : She is replaceable as an actress. Her vibe and aura just pales compared to the likes of Yaya, Bella or even Kim (I an not necessarly fan of her acting) and Mew (an very limited actress imo). Nothing is grabbing or striking about Mint . She is just there. Maybe she should try and play a Nang Rai role to add more spice to that invisibility and why not try and be Rai just for a change ? Or maybe she should try a role like YongPal or anything that would make people sympathise with her. She played 2nd twice to Yaya and Kim

Last edited:

GoldenKey

An introvert trying to be extrovert
My opinion about Mint Chalida : She is replaceable as an actress. Her vibe and aura just pales compared to the likes of Yaya, Bella or even Kim (I an not necessarly fan of her acting) and Mew (an very limited actress imo). Nothing is grabbing or striking about Mint . She is just there
I was recommended mint's lakorn when I had just started watching lakorns. I couldn't watch beyond one episode. I find her very ordinary with a long high bridge nose. I only notice her nose whenever I see her face.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Mint is one of those actresses that is given roles only within their comfort zone. Idk if it's the manager or the channel that doesn't give her more challenging roles. She needs a role that makes her look rai but she's doing it to survive type of vibe.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
No matter how great of an actor you maybe be.... you can't out act a bad script.

The ch
has control of the scripts and pairing. Now & sammy also don't get good pairings or scripts. Maybe 3 of their lakorn was decent.

I seen mint in drama and I enjoyed her in 3. -4 of her lakorns. She said she has to try harder than most and welcome constructive criticism and seek to improve. She can't improve with the dame scripts.

Actors "talents" is apparent by the scripts and the eye of the beholder. To some some are whatever. I'm whatever to Bow M. I don't find her special or more talented. She got good scripts.
It is all hoe we vibe with ppl

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
I actually finished 4 of Mint's lakorns, including Tawan Duerd where she played second lead with Pope and her lakorns with James Ma and Mario so I definitely think she isn't a bad actress. She's actually a decent one that needs something more challenging to impress the audience.
No matter how great of an actor you maybe be.... you can't out act a bad script.

The ch
has control of the scripts and pairing. Now & sammy also don't get good pairings or scripts. Maybe 3 of their lakorn was decent.

I seen mint in drama and I enjoyed her in 3. -4 of her lakorns. She said she has to try harder than most and welcome constructive criticism and seek to improve. She can't improve with the dame scripts.

Actors "talents" is apparent by the scripts and the eye of the beholder. To some some are whatever. I'm whatever to Bow M. I don't find her special or more talented. She got good scripts.
It is all hoe we vibe with ppl
Yes Bow did get some good scripts, but not all the time. Hong Neur Mongkorn 2017's script was excellent and was my first lakorn of hers. For me, her acting there was not the best but it's very decent for a newbie and I could sympathize with the emotions she radiated. On the other hand, she got bad scripts too. Pachara Montra (with Weir) and Mon Garn Bandan Ruk (with Mik) are the examples. Both storylines were dull and didn't progress smoothly at all. However, the chemistry was so good that people could just stick around for pranang's scenes. Her acting in both lakorns improved significantly, at some point was very natural. What I love about her is she's shown she can improve and is willing to challenge herself. But like you said, you gotta be given good opportunity to prove that.
So yes, she got good peks but I might have to disagree that she got all good scripts. Anyway that's me finishing 8 of her lakorns because I find her enjoyable to watch, and frankly she's my type lol. That being said I respect your opinions about her, just showing everyone can have different opinions and choices of favorite actresses.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Agree. I would love to have that kind of life. A hiso husband, cute kids, building my own empire. No worries on the future.
I'm opposite...for some reason I never want to be rich but just comfortable. Where I have just enough to do what I want and travel to wherever my heart desired. Also, I don't have to work lol. I think being comfy in life is perfect. The comfy part is where you don't worry about anything financially and when you think of a country you want to go you pack up and go not putting too much thought to it. Yet you are not too rich where you forget the simpler things in life.

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
**Warning long post about Sornram and his ex wife. **

I’m finally watching the interview with Num Kanchai and Num Sornram’s ex wife. And wow, it’s messy. Here’s what I got from the interview.

She is in a lot of debt. She said she disclosed her debt to Sornram when they first started dating and he helped her pay her debt. Not only that, she also has an online gambling problem.

She withdrew money from his account without his knowledge. She claims to have withdrawn 100,000 baht twice and 50,000 bath twice. Num Kanchai interjected and said, “but I heard it was a total of 500,000 baht”. She denied and said at most 400,000 baht, not $500,000. She claims she told him that she was the one who took the money, but it was after he found out.

Num Kanchai said he talked to Sornram and Sornram said his ATM card was next to their bed and the card went missing. That’s when he realized that money was missing from his account and that’s why he went to file a police report. After reviewing the surveillance camera, they discovered that it was the wife that withdrawn the money.

Num Kanchai asked her what she did with the money. She said she spent $200,000 baht to pay back the debt and she needed a way to come up with money fast, so she tried online gambling. But that didn’t work out, obviously.

Oh heck no. She even sold her child’s gold! Gold that was received when the child was born.

Num Kanchai said, “I heard you sold 10 baht of gold” and she denied it, saying it was only 3 baht of gold. (I believe 1 baht of gold is roughly 14 grams”

Num Kanchai: “What did you do with the money after selling the gold?”

She used it to pay her debt.

Also, one of the necklaces she sold eventually got back into Sornram’s hand, he bought it back.

Num Kanchai changed topics to the face mask scandal they had. It was 900,000 baht that people paid and the masks were never received. Sornram then had to pay back the money. Once again, Num Kanchai asked, “where is the $900,000 baht”

She said it was sent to her “broker” who was supposed to get the masks from Vietnam”. She mentioned fighting the case and not paying back to the people who paid for the masks.

Num Kanchai: “ Wait. Why would you do that? Shouldn’t you go after the broker that kept the money?”

She kept blabbing on.

Num Kanchai said when he talked to Sornram he asked why Sornram posted the photo of their divorce paper. Sornram said he had to make a decision and he had to sacrifice. If he didn’t, then she will never stop her bad habits and if she is still this way then she will never see her child again. He wants her to take this opportunity to work on herself and change herself. He also said it was for the safety of his child and his mom, since they’re home alone when he goes to work. He can’t imagine what will happen if the loan sharks come when he’s not home.

Right now, the only debt she has is for a land and it’s $400,000 baht. She even asked Sornram to help her pay this off. She admits it’s her fault. And she failed as a wife, but she shouldn’t be held back from being a mom and seeing her child.

This whole thing is messy and sad. It seems like she is always getting into a messy situation and Sornram always came to the rescue, but he eventually got tired of her B.S.

I love how Num Kanchai goes straight in! He stopped her a few times and told her to answer the question directly. She said she’s always been honest and truthful, but I still feel like she’s lying/holding back.

Interview:

rae

sarNie Juvenile
Lol she can't even lie because Num Kanchai got all the details straight from Num. But seriously though, her methods of trying to win more money from gambling to cover her debts are dumb. That usually takes you down the road to more debt. I understand why Num would kick her out, she's in trouble and he's already done a lot for her, now he has to think of his mom and child's situation. She needs to take care of her debts and gambling problems first, what a mess this is.

viesee

sarNie Egg
I don't know why people keep saying Mint barely gets top pra'ek. She starred with Mark, James Ma, Boy Pakorn, Pope, and Mario. I think these guys are considered top in the Thai ET although some of their acting is not top notch.
She did with Mark, but NM2 never completed so it doesn't really count. They never collaborated again :( Still hoping they would. With James Ma, he just doesn't shine in my opinion. I was hoping he and Mint could surpass more as a koojin, but their scripts aren't necessarily the greatest either. I don't know, James Ma hasn't wow me in general. I can't really put hopes in him. Mint's lakorn with Boy was not a good script. Pope was supporting with Mint, doesn't count. I would out of all the guys listed, Mint and Mario have the better script. I think they should definitely reunite and go for a drama mature type of lakorn.

I recently saw a Mint interview. She said she's getting tired of the nonsense type of scripts. She's asking the elders at ch3 to offer her something different so that they can grow and challenge, but she said most of the times, she never gets to choose the scripts. She has always been told to take whatever comes her way. So even when she wishes to challenge herself, she's not given the role or opportunity to. I felt angry for her hearing that interview since ch3 has always given her crappy scripts. She sounded like she needed something very different, like a drama and mature role. I don't know why no producers can't see her in different roles. Mint even complained that she's been stuck with comedy 3-4 times in a role, and she wishes she could do something different. Goodness, I hope some producer gives Mint a for real serious and mature role next, otherwise she should pick and choose like Matt. hehe. Don't act if they won't hand you something nice. LOL!