❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I agree. I like ch7 lakorn better. I'm enjoying Pim new lakorn. Typical tropes but yet different....the flow/interactions.

I will try a lakorn that seem interesting. I don't like (not a fan/no interest) bella and jame ji but love their lakorn the "good wife". I rewatch it oftens. I'm still not their fan but I'll at least try a storyline I'm interested in regardless of the actor.

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
People been telling me how good the remake of Kluen Cheevit is but I’ve tried watching it so many times but couldn’t get pass it. Maybe bc I’ve seen the original and love it too much:confused12: the remake was a disappointment for me. I do watch more of ch7 lakorns. Ch3 really need to mix up their pairings more.
I think it's completely normal, it's all about personal preferences. Most of the people I know, including myself love it so much. Actually it was a huge hit here in Vietnam and many Asian countries in general, plus I have a big love for Mark and Yaya so I may be a bit more biased haha. KC along with La Ruk Sud Kop Fah (Min-Weir) are the ones I rewatch the most. Literally every time I lack lakorns I'll come back to them haha.
I started paying attention to and watching more ch7 lakorns early this year because I started stanning Bow. Quite impressed by their quality and ability of the actors. Of course there's still bad production but most of their lakorns are good. I wish they would try more genres tho but I think they're doing fine. I hope ch3 can step up their game in storyline and pairings too. But actually it doesn't matter much which channels or actors right as long as their lakorns appeal to us hehe.

viesee

sarNie Egg
The problem is Mint is she doesn't have anything to bargain a good script for, she brings nothing to the table. She can walked out of CH3 tomorrow and they will replace her in minutes. She is like Ken Phuphoom. Forgettable even with the biggest lakorn hit like Nakee behind him.
I think that she can do better if given the chance and the right script. She's got a refreshing face and it's always a nice fresh of air seeing her on screen. Before I didn't think Yaya was any better in the acting, but when Klueng Chevit came along, she did prove many people wrong. Mint hasn't had that kind of chance yet. I think she can do better when presented with the chance, script and a very well put together p'ek.

And when that chance has come, Mint would need to attend workshops and learn the character of the role. She will have to push away all her super happy and sometimes a bit hyper self away. She's adorable as she is, but when ensue into characters, she must push away all those extra happy girl traits. Only then will she fully immerse into the character and acting.

pikachu

sarNie Egg
While the channel does play favourites, there comes a point where the celeb AND their fans has to take responsibility. I really like that Mint is being more vocal about what she wants but honestly I feel like its too little too late. She was complacent for too long and like someone else said, she doesn't have much to bargain with. Regardless of who fans want to blame for her poor results (ch3 favouritism, poor scripts, bad pairings, etc), as a business ALL that matters to the channel are results. Her fans complain, but that's really all they do.. where is the actual support? Mint and her fans need to show the channel she's worth more than what she's currently being given.

There was a period of time a few years back were she wasn't prioritising her career and looked disinterested, I remember her fans said that she was concentrating on expanding her business, and were showing off about how entrepreneurial she was, saying how smart she was for doing a business as being in the industry won't last forever so its good that she's treating is as a hobby. So its funny they now want to complain about the way the channel treats her, when she herself wasn't prioratising her career and didn't care about the scripts she was acting.

While she was doing what she wanted outside, Yaya, Kim and Margie (I mention them because I see them as being part of the same group that got popular together) were focused on their careers, picking up more scripts, expanding their fanbases, networking in and outside of the channel, etc. doing the work and putting themselves out there. Once they had a more solid foundation they started doing other stuff (businesses, Youtube, etc.) while maintaining their ET careers. Mint has been lukewarm and just all over the place for too long. Nadech is the same but he has a super strong fandom to support him and cover up for him. They're not just fierce online, but also in real life, they go all out for him in various way, the most important being by opening up their wallets and showing their strong purchasing power keeping him in demand. Mint doesn't have that so she can't afford to be coasting along, then start making demands when she's ready to take her career more seriously. She hasn't got the capital to do that.

I'm not saying she was wrong to branch out but her timing and the way that she's navigated her career has been really bad. Even now, although I'm glad she's started speaking up I feel like she's not going about it the best way. For example even if she wanted to take a step back from filming for school/ her business by not doing as many lakorns, she should have been even more picky about what she chose to film. Instead she didn't care, and honestly it showed. This is the time where even if she couldn't film she could have been doing events and networking in and outside the channel to keep her visibility up, to increase the chances of her being offered a good script, or put herself forward like Ice P if she found out there was a good one that would start filming.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
she does care, what she state is true. If given a choice ALL actors want to chose their own scripts.

We don't know the BTS. I dunno why it is bold lol
It is the culture. You need to be the respectful child. Work hard. Or else you'll be that demanding child and ppl cancel you. Mint goes to workshop. Hire an acting coach. She really tries. she been pulled out of lots of lakorn in favor of ch 3 bias. I still find her smart to expand her business. Her family is doing well and she has lot of advertisements. She has a real estate business, restaurant and her ice cream.I would rather she push off sucky lakorn. But it shows she like to please the ch

. She planned to finish school but pause school to take over cheer role for the lakorn. She did what the channel request.

In her current situation, she probably feel she can speak out more and has the support of the fans and Media. She can actually bargain. The media highlighted it and the fan is asking. what is great is that she didn't have a famous pk (her early years. They weren't that famous) or great scripts often but she appeal to ppl or else she won't have lots of fan. She has lot of event and mario is always doing events with her each year. Like the person said given the scripts. An actor can show their abilities. Like Biefern. We saw what she can do when she moved.

Sammy said the same thing during an interview. She wasn't offer a lakorn by the ch. She would love more. She only got 1 lakorn.

They also can't say much under the contract.

I am not pointing fingers or blaming anyone. I'm stating that it depends on luck, scripts and also what the ch (fav/bias).

I love Kao s. And feel she is a great diverse actor. I became a fan just watching the last 2 ep of O negative. In ch3. She has 1 lakorn a year and each year they are inflated by new actors. The ch wants to push Gina. I feel lots of actors is just lost in the sea.

I wish they were more like k and c Drama. Where they can work with any ch. More complex scripts. More chances to get a diverse script

Last edited:

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
People been telling me how good the remake of Kluen Cheevit is but I’ve tried watching it so many times but couldn’t get pass it. Maybe bc I’ve seen the original and love it too much:confused12: the remake was a disappointment for me. I do watch more of ch7 lakorns. Ch3 really need to mix up their pairings more.
I really enjoyed the KC remake (never watched the original) but I totally get why you would prefer the original. I noticed that old lakorns (80s-90s) are excellent to the point where, I, someone who can't understand thai can watch them AND enjoy them AND rewatch them.

In regards to Mint (not replying to Koy123 anymore). I don't really think you can say she chose school/business over work. She gave ch3 priority over her graduation date and pushed back her internship several times because they didn't give a sh*t about her schedule; and kept being indecisive about where to slot her in. I remember something about her wanting to quickly complete her internship because she didn't want her brother to graduate before her. In the end, TWO of her brothers graduated before her. This is what pisses me off the most about ch3, more than her getting crappy scripts. Heck, they screw up her schedule FOR those crappy scripts.

The whole thing about Mint starting to negotiate/branch out too late - this is exactly why we want her to get a good script. A lot of us get the feeling that she will quit acting soon and go to study abroad or focus on her business. Maybe this is why she is negotiating - so she can try a challenging role before she leaves.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Mint's situation is unfortunate. While her peers were receiving the hype she was trying to finish school the proper way. In between that, she was filming for some lakorns.

After she finished school, she was open to more lakorns but they were slim pickings. By this time her peers had already achieved A-list status. So all the good scripts would definitely go to them first.

It's all about time management but also, if you have the stroke of luck.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Result? Channel 3 sometimes is a joke when it comes to results. If they based it on that (which result to me is basically ratings) then half of these stars would be out of a job. Some of their lakorns generate so bad in ratings one would think what star power?

If the channel likes you and want to push you then you will get lakorn after lakorn it doesn't matter if your previous lakorns are flops. They don't care because their mind is made up. Now with that kind of shady dealing going on how are the other actresses or actors survive. You are not only fighting to get a decent lakorn but you are fighting their bias and that is a battle you rarely win.

If one puts schooling to the side and is doing what the channel asked of them to do then the blame would be on the channel. This goes to every stars not just Mint. And the more you are easy going with the channel the more they seem to neglect the individual. I am not a big fan of Mint but I think she is revelant enough to last this long. The lakorns she got are just lame most of the times and she's been playing some forgettable characters. Anyway, channel 3 and the others have their preferences and that's not going to ever change.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Result? Channel 3 sometimes is a joke when it comes to results. If they based it on that (which result to me is basically ratings) then half of these stars would be out of a job. Some of their lakorns generate so bad in ratings one would think what star power?

If the channel likes you and want to push you then you will get lakorn after lakorn it doesn't matter if your previous lakorns are flops. They don't care because their mind is made up. Now with that kind of shady dealing going on how are the other actresses or actors survive. You are not only fighting to get a decent lakorn but you are fighting their bias and that is a battle you rarely win.

If one puts schooling to the side and is doing what the channel asked of them to do then the blame would be on the channel. This goes to every stars not just Mint. And the more you are easy going with the channel the more they seem to neglect the individual. I am not a big fan of Mint but I think she is revelant enough to last this long. The lakorns she got are just lame most of the times and she's been playing some forgettable characters. Anyway, channel 3 and the others have their preferences and that's not going to ever change.
Now ch3 is pushing Gina Yeena and Ice P. Hard no matter what. The thing that makes them care about Mint a lil is how she was part of 4hJ series and Suppar bhurut juddatep

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
Now ch3 is pushing Gina Yeena and Ice P. Hard no matter what. The thing that makes them care about Mint a lil is how she was part of 4hJ series and Suppar bhurut juddatep
I think Ice preechaya is pushed keeping China in mind. She has negotiated good contract with channel 3 where she gets to choose her work and she aggressively pushes the channel to give her the lakorn she wants.. if I am not wrong Gina is dating James Ji. If that is the case they may push James Ji and her to become koojin just like ny and mk.

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
I think Ice preechaya is pushed keeping China in mind. She has negotiated good contract with channel 3 where she gets to choose her work and she aggressively pushes the channel to give her the lakorn she wants.. if I am not wrong Gina is dating James Ji. If that is the case they may push James Ji and her to become koojin just like ny and mk.
Noo James is dating someone outside the ET, her name is Foam. I'm not sure if they're gonna push Gina and James to be koojin but I wouldn't say it's impossible because she's one of the few actresses that are younger than him. And If they have chemistry then there you go.
I'm not feeling both Gina and Ice either. I can understand why they're pushing Ice because she's famous in China and she's also pressuring them aggressively. But I have no clue about Gina.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Talent trump looks for me. I'm just as vain & love a visual....but when they are talented...i makes them more attractive

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
O
Noo James is dating someone outside the ET, her name is Foam. I'm not sure if they're gonna push Gina and James to be koojin but I wouldn't say it's impossible because she's one of the few actresses that are younger than him. And If they have chemistry then there you go.
I'm not feeling both Gina and Ice either. I can understand why they're pushing Ice because she's famous in China and she's also pressuring them aggressively. But I have no clue about Gina.
Okay. I might have read gossip articles about jj and gina being a couple when they were cast together for their lakorn.

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
I'm sometimes shallow but If i dont hop into the visual of someone I might skip a lakorn and that happens to me a lot with CH3
Visuals play an important part in dramas. I never watch any drama and movie if the leads aren't good looking. That's why entertainment industry all over the world places huge bet on looks more than anything else.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
I dont know that Ice P is popular in China. Is it? She has no leading actress vibe and her character in LLSR made me lost interest in her