A rant about annoying Aunt from Laos

kulyia

RUK
if i were you, i woulda told her straight out. No need hide. Just say, "Especially in this condition, Money is very important to us and we could barely pay our financial needs and afford for Our family. If you were to have a heart you would think of that before asking. Have you tried finding a job or anything that could pay you back in return? I am not saying this to hurt you but we too have our own lives and debts we need to pay off. We are not millionaires who sleeps and has a lack of heart, but we cannot help you whenever you need us." This should scare her off not to bother you anymore. At least a yr or so, maybe more than 2-3 months. lol btw, shes probably gambling it off back home. Most likely.

But if she talk back to you, slap her and say..." This is from Kulyia!" haha

fun

Expired Sarnie
Lynda... for some strange reasons, when it comes to parents and their children, it seems like their least favorites are the ones who support them financially and emotionally, but the most favorite ones lives far away not having to worry about anything. I know first hand...
So true!!! OMG I am angry to the point that if a knife was in my hand and my so call brother talks to me. I am to the point that even when he breath, it makes me want to kill him. I know it may sound harsh but all the things he has done isn't even comparable to me wanting to kill him. But he is the loved one. My sisters and I got a beaten for arguing with him when clearly during the situation we were right and he was wrong.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
erybody can relate to dis topic. but yea ur grandparents are doing it cause she's their daughter. my mama keep giving money to her siblings and we're da poorest ones out of erybody else. i dunno y da funk they keep askin her for money when they make a better living than her. but she got a big soft spot for her family. it pisses me off dat she gives money away when we can't even keep up w/ our bills.

sulad

sarNie Adult
Totally feel you girl, you can say everybody here relates to this.
She's just plain rude.
A grandma of mine came here from Laos a couple years and worked her butt off as a illegal worker and now she know how hard life is in America.
She told us that she'll tell those people to stop asking for money because now she know how hard life is.
And like seriously it is, all they do now is eat our money while we're working our butt off and trying to support ourself when we have to support them.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
WTF....haha TREASURE HUNTING. That's funny. Hopefully you guys didn't give him money. HAHA. Again treasure hunting.
lol.. donna.. -----> treasure hunting... <---- lol..
LOL
yeah... he started treasure hunting last year when 2 Japanese guys went to my grandparent's house and told them there were treasures buried on their lot...probably Yamashita's treasure..lol my uncle (the one that always asks for money) told my dad and my other uncle to buy him a scanner or something so he can easily track the gold and they really bought it for him! <_< so he scanned and scanned on their lot and told us there were couple of spots that has gold in it but it was too deep... so my grandparents' lot is filled with holes now coz of my uncle's treasure hunting adventure...hahahaha every time he visits us, he always says that "I can almost touch those gold bars.. just wait and see..." wtf! gold bars, my ass!! :lol: but still, no gold bars yet for him! hahahaha he only found a couple of old helmets and stuff... :p I think he temporarily stopped his treasure hunting in my grandparent's backyard coz he said he's treasure hunting on some mountain far far away here... hahahaha and as for the money, my dad stopped giving him for quite some time now BUT he started whinning and complaining... giving him money is the only way to shut him up! he's already afraid to suck some money out from my other uncle (the youngest in my dad's family) coz my cousin was so fed up with him so he tried to scare him with a gun... :p

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
oh shiet dats hardcore right dere lol scared him w/ a gun lol but dats what u have to do w/ some people

nophankh

sarNie Adult
LOL
yeah... he started treasure hunting last year when 2 Japanese guys went to my grandparent's house and told them there were treasures buried on their lot...probably Yamashita's treasure..lol my uncle (the one that always asks for money) told my dad and my other uncle to buy him a scanner or something so he can easily track the gold and they really bought it for him! <_< so he scanned and scanned on their lot and told us there were couple of spots that has gold in it but it was too deep... so my grandparents' lot is filled with holes now coz of my uncle's treasure hunting adventure...hahahaha every time he visits us, he always says that "I can almost touch those gold bars.. just wait and see..." wtf! gold bars, my ass!! :lol: but still, no gold bars yet for him! hahahaha he only found a couple of old helmets and stuff... :p I think he temporarily stopped his treasure hunting in my grandparent's backyard coz he said he's treasure hunting on some mountain far far away here... hahahaha and as for the money, my dad stopped giving him for quite some time now BUT he started whinning and complaining... giving him money is the only way to shut him up! he's already afraid to suck some money out from my other uncle (the youngest in my dad's family) coz my cousin was so fed up with him so he tried to scare him with a gun... :p
HAHA. What! In your grandfather's backyard!!!!!Shakes head in disbelief. hAHA, your uncle must be a character. I can't stop laughing as I type. OH my gosh, hahahahahahahahahha....

kulyia

RUK
oh wow, i bet those japs planned it. lol. who would bury it and come tell them residents about it? i would keep it quite. lol. but digging for treasures are real addicting too.lol

Babyt

sarNie Elites
not only that she expects my mom to still sent their kids, my mom's siblings back in vietnam money while she's here in america...i was like yea right..n seriously another incident happened when my oldest sister went out to home depot and left them at home. she came back n the door was unlock so she asked them who left it unlock n my grandpa was like i did, she was like why, its dangerous. he goes its nothing. n my sister was like yea, u know there's robbers out there with guns, he so smart mouth cuz he said, its okay i can just dodge the bullet. funny how ignorance they are. so my sister was like grandpa its a gun, ur old even my little 5 year old can push u n u'll fall. when this was happening my grandma was in the room n she thought she heard my sister saying to my grandpa that he's dumb in khmer, when she really said gun in khmer...ever since then, she held a grudge against my oldest sister, n she is the one along with my mom that helps with senting the money to them every month or whenever they call n ask for more money....seriously i sooo wanted to say mean things to them before they left, but i figure i'll just let it go cuz i'm never gonna visit them again or even talk to them...sounds mean, but i think they deserve it for all the bs they put my mom through...

Babyt

sarNie Elites
The nerve!!!! What the hell, you compliment the ring, you don't ask for it. yes, family back in Asia are annoying.

Oh my gosh, our stories are so similar, my aunt is the same way. She faked her stomach issue when she was here, on the day she was leaving, it was miraculously cured. No more pain, she was freaking beaming. They don't get it, it's not easy to bring them over here, this is not game. You can't just come and go as you please.

Tina, you're a sweetie, screw them. Keep doing you. I can't believe they are like that.
i know...when i told my sister about the ring incident, she was like what the hell...who in the right mind would ask for something that is so special to someone...obviously, shady ass people in the country..

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
i get kinda offended when people say stuff bout people in da country. not cause anybody in my family is from da country but not all people from da country are what people say they are. just like not all people in da city are smart lol

kulyia

RUK
seriously i think relatives from Asia are wicked annoying, they like got no shame in asking you for stuff, money is one thing, but when I was visiting Vietnam over the Christmas vacation. One of the relatives asked to see my engagement ring cause i guess people over there dont wear diamond wedding rings or something, so i showed them my hand and they were like wow that is so nice, they even asked for the price and I was like i don't know maybe 5000-6000...and they were like wow that is so much u can like build so many houses over there...and the nerve one of the lady had, she asked me if she can have my ring, I was like hell no its my freaking engagement ring given to me by my fiancee and I just walked out of there.

second, my mom always sent my grandparents money every month, and they always talk about how much they miss my family over here cuz my mom is the only girl and she's here in the states by herself. so my mom petition for them to come visit for my wedding and they were approve. so while we were vacationing in vietnam, they were all bragging to their friends about coming back to the states with us. so when they came, not even 2 weeks into staying here my grandma freaking complains and wants to go back because she misses her house. we were like how many times a year do u get to see us like once in 10 years. can't be bare it until my wedding. nope, my grandma is such a faker, she pretends to fall off my mom's bed and decides to boycott eating so she can go back. my mom was like give me some time cause we just moved into the new house and i can't just take time off work. so she complains that my mom is prolonging the days which is not true, you can't just leave. when they got hospitalize, she was all like no one comes to visit or stay with us in the hospital, not like over there, people stay with us 24/7. we were like this is america, you can't just take time off work. after this incident of them being here, we now know how my grandparents truly are, they take advantage of my mom who is a single parent. they think money grows on trees. so my sister, the day before they left she was like that's it, we're not going to see each other ever again. then my grandpa goes, no next year i'll be back, your mom has the money. my sister was pissed she was like you act like its so easy to bring you guys back and forth, its a waste of money and time. seriously people over there don't think. never again, i am never stepping foot in vietnam ever.

wow.. uguys been through alot.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol.. donna.. omg.. "gold bars" in the backyard.. yea rite.. i should freaken go dig up my aunt's farm if i can find anything.. probably just dead animals, bugs, and trash.. lmao... yamashita's treasure lol.. i dont ever believe anyone who says there is treasure at my house.. lmao.. askin me to dig.. i'll be like hell no.. and call out my bro's dog to attack them.. <--- lol.. waaahhh.. im so evil.. lol.. but let me tell ya.. "CRASH" <-- my bro's dog.. bites hard.. i should know since i got bitten by him twice lmao.. haha..

ppl in the country.. i have to say only some are shady.. not all.. because my relatives on my mom's side are really nice.. they are hardworkers.. and never ask for stuff.. always lending their hands.. but on the other hand.. my father's side.. gosh.. my dad is a hardworker... and i understand he was raised by his aunts because his parents died but.. >_< omg.. they use so much damn money $$$ .. yes i appreciate them for raising my father when he was little.. but.. we ain't that rich.. just because we're in america doesn't mean we're rich.. we're just barely gettin by.. bills left n right.. i wonder how they have enough time to spend almost every single day calling us >_< .. and theyre so annoying when they speak to.. >_<.. I FEEL LIKE ARGH!!! MOST OF THE TIME...

i've had many relatives come over to our house before.. each time someone came i would always think the same.. but i was surprise to those who actually did stuff.. not like some "others" who wastes our money coming over and just wasting time.. argh... im just yappin around now lol..

GOSH I AM HAPPY NO ONE IS AT OUR HOUSE... HEHE ^_^...

little

sarNie Adult
i feel your frustrations man i can't stand those annoying , inconsiderate peeps. I'm too are suffocating about my roommates not cleaning their mess, using stuffs and doesn't replace. plus my sis problems not taking care of her kids. I'm ready to explode but I try to keep cool until i have my own place they just don't learn.

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
oh shiet dats hardcore right dere lol scared him w/ a gun lol but dats what u have to do w/ some people
hahahaha
my cousin can be really aggressive when his mad...he also did that to my other aunt who is always insulting my dad and his dad <_< but all in all, he's still a nice guy, just don't make him mad.. lol geez, my dad's side of the family can really make me go insane! *pulls my hair*

HAHA. What! In your grandfather's backyard!!!!!Shakes head in disbelief. hAHA, your uncle must be a character. I can't stop laughing as I type. OH my gosh, hahahahahahahahahha....
:lol:
he is one of a kind! hahahaha
so different from his other siblings.. -_-

oh wow, i bet those japs planned it. lol. who would bury it and come tell them residents about it? i would keep it quite. lol. but digging for treasures are real addicting too.lol
I don't know what's wrong with those japs... hahaha... they said they wanted to get the buried treasure on my grandparents' backyard coz it is Japan's property... :huh: but my uncle kept on digging and digging but found nothing...hahaha they (japanese guys) wanted to buy the land but my granddad refused to sell it... and yes, they said treasure hunting is really addicting...my uncle is already addicted to it now... he's the indiana jones of the family! :lol:

lol.. donna.. omg.. "gold bars" in the backyard.. yea rite.. i should freaken go dig up my aunt's farm if i can find anything.. probably just dead animals, bugs, and trash.. lmao... yamashita's treasure lol.. i dont ever believe anyone who says there is treasure at my house.. lmao.. askin me to dig.. i'll be like hell no.. and call out my bro's dog to attack them.. <--- lol.. waaahhh.. im so evil.. lol.. but let me tell ya.. "CRASH" <-- my bro's dog.. bites hard.. i should know since i got bitten by him twice lmao.. haha..
hahahahahaha!
everyone is still searching for yamashita's buried treasures here in the Philippines...LOL
good luck to them though... but if I were them, I should just be working hard rather than looking for treasures that's not really mine... hahahaha

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahaha i was trying not to post in here because i'm afraid that i will get VERY angry and go on a rampage. but i should come in and support my sarnies.

first off, i'd like to say that you sarnies are so brave and strong for being able to put up with bullshiet. it's sad that these annoying and ill mannered traits are more common in our southeast asian cultures than anywhere else. i, too, have relatives that make my blood boil, but that's not the saddest part. the fact that i have to put up with it is more sad...just like all of you.

family members and relatives are literally being allowed to get away with treating each other like crap. i just think it sucks that when we want to stand up for ourselves, it viewed as "disrespectful" and "improper"...especially because it's "family". but when relatives are manipulating and scheming us for money, they're considered innocent and desperate. there is ALWAYS an excuse for everything that they do. but the sick part is that they don't have to come up with any excuses themselves. cuz people like our grandma's, other aunts and uncles, and parents are more than willing to come up with some for them. hell, we'd be lucky if our parents will speak up at all. it truly is f*cked up. i don't know, maybe it's the "western" thinking in me coming out on this matter. but if you think about it, what kind of a shit excuse is "they're family, we're obligated to help them...it's in our culture". that sounds loving and supportive n all, but the problem is in the definition of "HELP" has been massacred and twisted. hell, i don't even know what they hell it is anymore. cuz THAT'S NOT HELP...that's giving in and being weak. not only that, it also looks like our culture is teaching us to take shiet from people...more importantly, from "FAMILY".

i've asked my grandma and parents "why" before, "why is it okay for relatives to be so disrespectful and improper (in so many ways)", and they would tell me not to think like that. "they are family and they need help" or "they haven't realized what they are doing wrong" or "even though they are acting that way doesn't mean that we have to be that way too....all we can do is help them." WOW. that's crap! again, a lot of our older generation have got the definition of "help" SUPER wrong. giving disrespectful people money and material things (family or not) is NOT "help". saying no and telling them what they are doing "wrong" is "help". i wish i could say all of this to my grandma...my parents...etc, but that would be "wrong" too...that's considered arguing. LOL there's NO winning in this. it's so scary. like many of you, i have too many big incidents in the "family" that verifies how scary it can be.

THANK DA LORD for places like sarnworld where we can just come in and go crazy in a thread!! :lol:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^sometimes I just want to go berserk and go on a rampage in public too! but thank goodness there is sarNworld.

fun

Expired Sarnie
erybody can relate to dis topic. but yea ur grandparents are doing it cause she's their daughter. my mama keep giving money to her siblings and we're da poorest ones out of erybody else. i dunno y da funk they keep askin her for money when they make a better living than her. but she got a big soft spot for her family. it pisses me off dat she gives money away when we can't even keep up w/ our bills.
I need a job! Haven't been working. Even though I don't have a job at the moment, I had never once asked for money from any of my relatives. I get so pissed at relatives and people in the other side of the world who thinks America is a wonderful place. Yes it is, but damn it, it's not at all a wonderful place. They don't know that our success comes with hard work and little luck or no luck at all as well as talent and skills.

Now to my issue, I am tired of giving in, but in my culture, it is the rule of life, the gift of eternal happiness, blah blah blah. My parents tell me to suppress my anger, oh trust me, I have been suppressing all my life and it ain't leading me any where. I can't turn to anyone because I think of my parents. If it wasn't for them, the man that shares the same blood as me, would have been locked up behind bars. Well it ain't nothing for his sorry ass cause he been in there countless of times. But I can get him locked up for life, by stating the truth. But no I am covering his ass for my parents' sake esp. my mom.

Thookatha, thank goodness there is sarnworld. I don't know how I am able to keep up with all the nam nao that hits me in the face. I am very good at bluffing anger and sorrow to the public but I don't know how much I can hold longer, I think one day I might flip and do something bad and crazy.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
God, she is here!!!
I'm not annoyed by her, I wish she wasn't here.
Trying to play nice and keep my distance.