Anan's Pics & Cooking Experiments... :o]

anan

sarNie Adult
Hey Anan, your 'mousse au chocolat' is definitely my favorite picture (Cannot taste right here ;) ). I just remembered how lame my lunch was this noon at the 'resto-U'... It was a quite hot 'mousse', didn't seem fresh at all, what a waste...

I was thinking about trying to cook but I really don't have time because of school right now. I used to cook when my parents were out of France and I had to feed my little brother and little sister. I still remember my first time, it was... horrible !
That's call cooking by necessity lol... but anyway, the first time is always the hardest lol... the most important is keep trying, after all 'practice makes perfect' ;)

I am hungry now lol the salmon tartar looks yummy... Anan you resemble like one of my uncle and he is from France too lol...
Thank you to remind me again, lol, i'm now indeed an uncle - in mind & in real life too... LOL...

actually, at first glance, dude reminds me a lot of pip. i think that's his name.
After P'Thookie, fun4fun, now 7270, i start to be soO PopulaR now LOL :lol:
Mr. Anan. will come to your town & cook for you all then :p

omg that reminds me of how excited i am!! ok, this is sooooooo off the topic, but a few years ago, my mom took this picture of me. i FELT like i looked soooooooooooooooooo good in it (not sure if i did, but i FELT it)...and i had the pic on my laptop. well, the laptop crashed some time after that and all my files and photos, n EVERYTHING was gone!! that picture was on there...and i loved it sooooooo much cuz it's the only pic i FELT i looked good in. but yeh, turns out, i accidentally saved it as a file onto a disc (which i found last night). i was like...hmmm...what is this? so, i opened it up and there it was...my only beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA so random. i'm gonna go paste this is my randomness thread....
Oh my dear, beside your naughtiest, weirdest & craziest side among Sarnies, i must admit & want to remind u that u are also the CuTiEst !! ^_^ (on the picture) ...

natty

Chubs
i had something like the salmon tartar before and it's pretty good but then type of raw fish(actually tuna and salmon only) salad is good with me but i must ask, is that egg in the eggy lentils raw too?

anan

sarNie Adult
i had something like the salmon tartar before and it's pretty good but then type of raw fish(actually tuna and salmon only) salad is good with me but i must ask, is that egg in the eggy lentils raw too?
Yup, raw egg lol, no need to cook it, once u mixed slowly with lentils with ur spoon, u didn't smell or feel like it's raw at all,
since lentils flavour & taste > egg. ;)
Same as for Chocolate mousse,, raw eggs :p

natty

Chubs
Do you ever get afraid of salmonella? I know that raw eggs are very anabolic which is why those who play weights regularly consume them. When my husband was doing that, I was afraid of salmonella until I research on it, surprised me a lot tho. But anyways, I'll try that recipe for J since he eats like 5 per day. Thanks

anan

sarNie Adult
Do you ever get afraid of salmonella? I know that raw eggs are very anabolic which is why those who play weights regularly consume them. When my husband was doing that, I was afraid of salmonella until I research on it, surprised me a lot tho. But anyways, I'll try that recipe for J since he eats like 5 per day. Thanks
To be honest, nope, however, u r right to mention that risk, raw eggs are not recommended for the the kids, pregnant women and the elderly who may be susceptible to salmonella.
If you are a healthy person, the only (LOL Thanks to Thookatha to correct me while reading this post) symptoms that u can get from salmonella are diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea & vomiting and little fever... but there is a treatment/medicine for that. not that big deal.

And good to know for our young Sanies too is that : only sick chickens lay salmonella contaminated eggs.
If u wanna reduce that risk, do like me: buy high quality, cage-free(so the chicken can run everywhere and have fresh air), organically fed, chicken eggs.

in France,(i don't know if it's the same for US) but all eggs on the market are tatooed LOL..

the first number (between 0 and 3) indicates how chicken are fed:

"0" -> cage-free and organically fed.
"1" -> chickens got access to outside but is limited (number) in cage
"2" -> no access to outside
"3" -> in cage, with articifial light up to 16h/day, and are there to produce only eggs in mass... poor chicken.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 : 2.3 million / 69 billion eggs produced annually are contaminated with salmonella which makes only... hmmm: 2 300 000 / 69 000 000 000 = 0.003333% only of risk

To conclude:
The risk is very very tiny & eat raw egg is the best way to get high quality protein and fats into your body :p

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
After P'Thookie, fun4fun, now 7270, i start to be soO PopulaR now LOL :lol:
Mr. Anan. will come to your town & cook for you all then :p

Oh my dear, beside your naughtiest, weirdest & craziest side among Sarnies, i must admit & want to remind u that u are also the CuTiEst !! ^_^ (on the picture) ...
um why the hell am i "P'thookie" but everyone else is not "p". i'm also younger than you!! stop turning me into an old hag!!!

however, u may continue to compliment me with nice words n things. i don't mind that. lmao

If you are a healthy person, the only symptom that u can get from salmonella is diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea & vomiting and little fever... but there is a treatment/medicine for that. not that big deal.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."only"....HAHAHAHAHAHA...

natty

Chubs
lol the only is funny..

but anyways yeah that was what i found too when i was researching consumption of raw eggs. Here in the u.s i only buy fresh farm eggs too

anan

sarNie Adult
um why the hell am i "P'thookie" but everyone else is not "p". i'm also younger than you!! stop turning me into an old hag!!!
Lol, my apologies dear Thookatha, i read so many Sarnies call you by P'Thookie that i forget myself & couldnt help myself to call you the same :p , sorry ^_^ . i didn't mean to say that u r old lol...

but anyways yeah that was what i found too when i was researching consumption of raw eggs. Here in the u.s i only buy fresh farm eggs too
Since you buy directly from fresh farm, that's very excellent for your husband, and i think it's time for you to try raw Egg :p as well ;)

anan

sarNie Adult
shut up, anan, silicon dioxide is delicious!!
Oh no doubt in that dear Thookie,,, :p , everyday i try to experiment new stuff to reach that level of deliciousness with natural products... it's dam*** it hard -_- ... how to make tasty ?, juicyyy etc... ?
We have been conditioned too long with 'ready-to-eat' delicious foods made of chemical products & incomprehensible names that stick inside our mind & tongue... That's the magic of delicious junk Foods :drool: :drool: :drool:

that's what it was.. I thought I tasted silicone in there. :loool:
you are not alone i guess lol, :lol: ... i never had a chance to try Wendy meals though, nor Taco bells, <_< , my bro in Cali always took me to McDonalds for a super-size burger & french fries :drool: ... but next time for sure :p i wanna try that little bit of silicon dioxide, it cannot hurts lol)

anan

sarNie Adult
Thursday 21st May 2009: Anan at the Grevin Museum in Paris:

Anan Belluci: Dream of a perfect girl... who should be at the same time: "the mother, the wife, and the mistress" - said Monica Belluci :p

Anan Chan: Never be afraid of being a Kickk A**...

Anan Chaplin: Be crazy & funny to make your world Happier...

Anan Monroe: Be pervert & "lamok" Sometimes...

Anan Quasimodo: Dare to show your dirty side...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Anan's Pics:
Sunday 3rd May 2009: Apple-Honey Compote (DIY here)

Monday 4th May 2009: Mousse au Chocolat / Chocolate Mousse (DIY here)

Tuesday 5th May 2009: Carrot-Zucchini Soup (DIY here)
dayam that looks good. can u send some over this way? i'm part of the starving children network. i'll even give u a receipt for donating :D

anan

sarNie Adult
dayam that looks good. can u send some over this way? i'm part of the starving children network. i'll even give u a receipt for donating :D
if i send you, it's not gonna be fresh my dear, but you still can rent (cheap cheap) me so i can cook for you directly :lol: lol...

noungning

Heartless
haha cute. u cook... but not my cup of iced coffee. but if u can cook u are still one i adore hahah... as i don't cook because well, i have mom that does it lol. and i'm not much of a home person to cook.

i like raw too... raw fishes are probably picky picky stuff tho because i don't like the fishy taste. but of course all raw that i eat are well prepared with condiments and such... besides the sashimis i buy all the time for appetizers :)

-white tuna (ok)
-red tuna (if mixed with other stuff, or it's too fishy)
-salmon
-octopus
-shrimp
-quahog the baby size ones specifically but the big ones are good too :drool:
-oysters yum yum yum ...good aphrodisiac too ;)

i don't do raw:
-pork
-meat (i prefer well done)
-chicken
-scallops
-eel

semi raw:
-eggs (sunny side up)

anan

sarNie Adult
dude. you changed your av. very appropriate. :lol:
lol, thank you... :lol:

haha cute. u cook... but not my cup of iced coffee. but if u can cook u are still one i adore hahah... as i don't cook because well, i have mom that does it lol. and i'm not much of a home person to cook.
Lucky you to have mom who cooks for you, nothing can beat our mother's cooking indeed :p
But one day, when our mom is not there anymore for us (like me), you have only 3 choices:
- Solution 1: If you are Lucky to have a Chef as gf/bf who can cook for you.
- Solution 2: Too Lazy to cook, so prefer to buy processed foods/ready to eat/junk foods
- Solution 3: Well, trying to go beyond our limited "traditional basic" dishes such as spaghetti, noddles, sunny egg... lol

i like raw too... raw fishes are probably picky picky stuff tho because i don't like the fishy taste. but of course all raw that i eat are well prepared with condiments and such... besides the sashimis i buy all the time for appetizers :)

-white tuna (ok)
-red tuna (if mixed with other stuff, or it's too fishy)
-salmon
-octopus
-shrimp
-quahog the baby size ones specifically but the big ones are good too :drool:
-oysters yum yum yum ...good aphrodisiac too ;)

i don't do raw:
-pork
-meat (i prefer well done)
-chicken
-scallops
-eel

semi raw:
-eggs (sunny side up)
I'm very glad that you like raw foods sometimes, especially japanese food style (i love that too) hehe, that's very good for your health.
Oh by the way, in the case of pork, you still can eat "raw ham".
Ham with sea salt,,, and after 2 years... ->
:drool:

noungning

Heartless
lol, thank you... :lol:

Lucky you to have mom who cooks for you, nothing can beat our mother's cooking indeed :p
But one day, when our mom is not there anymore for us (like me), you have only 3 choices:
- Solution 1: If you are Lucky to have a Chef as gf/bf who can cook for you.
- Solution 2: Too Lazy to cook, so prefer to buy processed foods/ready to eat/junk foods
- Solution 3: Well, trying to go beyond our limited "traditional basic" dishes such as spaghetti, noddles, sunny egg... lol
s1: no because i've realized chefs at work are not chefs at home - know a few myself <_<
s2: this is probably what works most
s3: lol i'm so not traditional but yet traditional? i think it's more of what's easy and available. but i'm willing to try new things... haha and not be afraid of food poisoning? people just call it idiocracy, i call it adventurous lmao.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...uttoSeaSalt.JPG[/img] Ham with sea salt,,, and after 2 years... ->
:drool:
ah, i forgot about cure ham. then ok porks are ok when cured lol. they are really raw. but i do fry or bake my prosciutto. it tastes pretty good wrapped around asparagus and fried in olive oil but might be too salty for some lol.

anan

sarNie Adult
1st June 2009: at Amsterdam - NETHERLANDS (definitely one of my favourites cities), with his special guest from Massachusetts - USA...

Welcome to Amsterdam - also known as: "the North Venice"

It's good to be in a hostel again: it reminds my poor student life

my special guest: Chau who wanted to try the very popular Dutch-french fries with its mayonnaise slightly sweet & creamy...
My stomach couldn't work correctly after that super oily-junk-food for the whole night lol...
:wacko:

Hemp/Cannabis gallery & museum,,, (in case you don't know, mushroom & cannabis are legal here)
p.s. i don't smoke but it's good sometimes to "crack down" my head with curiosity lol.

Anan the "nice guy"...

...and...Anan the "weirdo & pervert guy" as mentioned Thookie. :lol:

At the very popular Red Light District...
where prostitution is legal, and girls no complex.

Dutch traditional foods (pretty simple & delicious)...

At Botanical garden (Hortus), the oldest of Europe & my fav. place too.

A place to not miss : the Flowers market with tons of flowers, bulbs, seeds for your garden

At Hard Rock Cafe, drinking cocktails....

... After drinking too much dutch beer & cocktails,, time to peeeE now... in a super "open air" public toilet lol...
it's kinda a discrimination becos there is nothing like that for girls... :lol: too bad, sorry girls
:p