are you hmong?

lamour01

sarNie Egg
i thought this was funny. these are stereotypes but they're still funny. :D

Are You Hmong?

* If you go to school with rice on your shirt/pants/or shoe.
* When you're in a family of ten or more.
* When you have fake flowers as decoration in your family's living room.
* When you see family pictures hanging all over the living room wall.
*When you see dead animal heads (ex. deer) hanging in the the house somewhere, usually in the living room.
* When you see your brother/sister on the net 24/7.
* When you know one girl with an email that has 'angel' in it...Example: azianangel, babyangel, sweetangel, hahahaangel, ect.
* You go to soccer tournaments where you see guys dressed in suits and carrying an umbrella.
* You go to soccer tournaments and you see little kids sliding down hills on pieces of cardboard they stole from one of the venders.
* You see 4 feet 11 inch Hmong Girls wearing 7 inch foot platform shoes, making them 7 inches taller than her boyfriend ...
* ...and you can fit yourself inside one leg of the pants that her boyfriend is wearing.
* All the Hmong girls you know have taken studio pictures 7 times.
* You have a picture of a friend/cousin/sister/brother OR OF YOURSELF standing next to a tree/bush.
* You and all your friends drive a Toyota or a Honda.
* You know someone who tries to talk about cars but he/she really doesn't know anything about cars.
* You go to church to socialize.
* You know someone who hooked up with his/her boyfriend at church camp when they were 15.
* You have to go to the garden with your mom, but your garden is 15 miles out of town.
* All the Hmong men you know think they can jump.
* All the Hmong men you know think they're a professional soccer/volleyball player.
* You know someone named A, Bee, See, Dee, and Ee.
* There's a knife in the kitchen bigger than the size of your head.
* You can fit yourself and a friend into one of your mom's pots in the kitchen.
* You know who Paradise, Voltage, Sounders & Whyte Shadow are.
* Someone in your family blasts Paradise, Voltage, Sounders or Whyte Shadow from their bedroom 24/7.
* You go on Napster and find Hmong songs to download.
* All your friends major in Computer Science.
* You have at lease one relative living in St. Paul.
* When you grab fast American food for dinner, you come home and you have to eat Hmong food to feel full.
* You love scrambled eggs.
* You love Ramen Noodles.
* You have to eat rice with everything.
* You also have to have 'hov txhob' with everything.
* Your uncle's wife's cousin's brother-in-law's younger sister is married to your mom's sister's husband's nephew's wife's mother's older brother.
* You have old men twice your age trying to hit on you.
* You have a friend who had 3 wedding party celebrations.
* Your friend calls you one day and says, "Come to my wedding tomorrow."
* When you go to someone's house, you open the door and trip over a big pile of shoes.
* You have little brother/sisters who watch Chinese movies over & over & over & over again...
* You have that ONE PERSON in your family who has seen every kung fu movie there is out there.
* Your family have piles & piles of Hmong movies.
* When you squat down in public and don't feel embarrassed.
* You go to New Years just to eat now.
* You've dyed/permed/straightened your hair way too many time already to keep count.
* You have a pair of New Wave shirt/pants still in your closet or in the basement somewhere...
* You have at least one picture of yourself with BIG, HIGH ASS HAIR-DO.
* You still listen to New Wave, just for memories.

* You drink soda with dinner.
* You bathe only once a week...twice if you think you're really dirty.
* You have never once said 'I love you' to your parents because you don't want to embarrass yourself or them.
* You think it's a waste of time to wrap gifts, so you just present the gift in a Walmart plastic bag.
* You think it's okay to wear slippers to the grocery store.
* You have 30K sitting in the bank, but your son doesn't have a winter jacket.
* You have teeshirts in every color of the rainbow.
* You ran out of shampoo for your hair, so you use Zest until there's someone buys more.
* Everybody gets so embarrassed when you & family are all watching tv together & you've accidentally witnessed two people kissing on tv.
* You can call any stranger with the same last name as you, 'your cousin'.
* You used to sleep with ALL of your brothers & sisters & parents in the same bed at one time or another.
* You don't change your bed sheets for months at a time.
* You only do laundry once a month.
* You don't have enough bedrooms in your house for everybody.
* You eat 'pho at home, go eat 'pho at restaurants and yet you never get tired of it.
* You stare at other Asians, wondering if they're Hmong too.
-Your 7 food groups consists of chicken, pork, chicken, pork, chicken, chicken, and pork.
-Everytime a slammed car drives by, you HAVE to look at it. (or look who's in it)
-You hate General Vang Pao.
-General Vang Pao hates you.
-Your grandparent starts sniffing back tears as visions of Laos comes up on the Discovery Channel.
-When someone with the same last name as you registers to your all white school, someone asks you if they're your brother.
-Strangers ask you to translate their name into your language and you have to make up some fake jibbery name.
-You think Club2000 is the shitznitz.
-You've dedicated a KLS song to your girlfriend once.
-You've dedicated a Voltage song to your girlfriend once.
-You have a homepage on the web with all your "homies" pictures in it.
-You go to the soccer tournament and slip on a piece of styrafoam or water bottle.
-You're parking your car at the soccer tournament and a chicken bone flies past you.
-You see your cousins eating dinner on the sidewalk at the tournament.
-You keep on eating your papaya salad, no matter if you're dying from the hotness of it already.
-Your family doesn't eat breakfast.
-When you go out to eat, you NEVER order dessert.
-Boiled chicken tastes good on the road.
-You only go to the tournament to eat now.
-You're either a volleyball player, basketball player, or some import car freak wannabe.
-You either shop at Contempo's or Gadzooks.
-When your teacher starts talking about some asian person, everyone turns to look at you.
-When all hope fails in finding a wife, you go to Laos and drag back a 16 year old.
-You have a thick photo album of all your "homies"
-You wake up at 3 am to go fishing.
-You go to the funeral home to either use the phone or to get free food.
-You hate Mel Gibson for killing Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4.
-You go see "Romeo Must Die" and the theatre is full of hmong families or either black people.
-Your eyes are blue or either green, although they're really brown.
-You have to go to your aunts house to help "cook"
-You either got married at age 13 or started a family by age 18.
-You had to marry your boyfriend because the condom broke.
-You had to marry your girlfriend because you took her home too late.

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
lamour01 said:
* All the Hmong girls you know have taken studio pictures 7 times.
* You have a picture of a friend/cousin/sister/brother OR OF YOURSELF standing next to a tree/bush.
[post="32103"][/post]​
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: hahaha...so true.. :lol:

Chewy

Natty's #1 FAN!
* When you go to someone's house, you open the door and trip over a big pile of shoes.

some of them are true and funny as hell...hehhe i really like this one...because it's so true...everywhere i go...shoes....hehhehe

calla

sarNie Adult
* When you have fake flowers as decoration in your family's living room.

i like this one....it's so true......lolz :loool:

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
:loool: :loool: :loool: :loool:
tooooooooooooo funny!
some of these are soooooooooooo true!
:loool: :loool: :loool: :loool:

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah, just about everyone of them are true. but hey, do you guys shower only once or twice a week? dang. lol. and gosh, i am so pissed at those old men looking for young wives, especially if they looked at me. ewwwww

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
moonfaerrie said:
Yeah, just about everyone of them are true. but hey, do you guys shower only once or twice a week? dang. lol. and gosh, i am so pissed at those old men looking for young wives, especially if they looked at me. ewwwww
[post="33299"][/post]​

LOL whatever happpened to that goodl ol' saying age is nothing but a number haha

conneykhang

sarNie Egg
TAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... :w000t: ITS HILARIOUS.. ITS WICKED FUNNY.!! i guess some are true for me except the fake flowers and so on.. but i have 7 sisters and 1 brother, =D.

kvang

sarNie Egg
You had to marry your girlfriend because you took her home too late.

i think that this is so true..no matter wat happens, you will have to get marry just because u came home late.. alot of girls these days get marry because they either come hom late or get caught sleeping NAKED! lol...all of those stereotyping comments are all true to me..i think ti is so funny..i am from a family of 2 moms and my mom has 10 children, my half-mom has 7...yep...i am happy to have a big family tho..anyway..wat do u think?

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
LOL...some of them are true...the one where you can fit yourself and a friend in one of your mom's pots is hilarious...yeah, my mom got them huge pots too!!! LOL...and the fake flowers...haha...