Asking for Donations! And whats going to happen to SW for the future.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Before anyone start reading I want to say that nobody is obligated to donate. I don't want to give people a guilt trip (except to those I know well).

I was told to keep the post "short" so I'm making a Short Version and a Extra Info Version of my post.

Here's the SHORT VERSION:

First of all there are some good news and bad news. The bad news is that at our current expense, it is not sustainable to continue paying our server bill. The good news is that there are some nice options available. BUT it would require an investment by sarn, me and hopefully some of you. At my new workplace I'm allowed to plug in a server into the network. This would mean that hosting the forum and other things will cost zero dollars (as long as I keep the job there) and it also means that SW and other sites it hosts will be around for years to come (thats cause I plan to work at the same place for a few years).

So what does this come to? Well it would require a good chunk amount of money. Currently we rent the server which is cheaper then building your own server but in the long run it is expensive. Right now sarn pays 250 dollars a month which equals to 3000 dollars a year. For a while it was doable because the money from google Ad was generating enough money to cover for the cost but recently it isn't doing so well. So what is a good price to get a decent server up and running? At this point I'm looking at around 1000 dollars. Yes I know thats alot of money to ask for! But I'll just keep this up for a while to see how much we can gather and then fill in the gap somehow.

As for a new project thats coming up, I've worked on it this weekend to see how "doable" it is and how hard to was to install. Its basically a youtube clone. And NO we're not competing against youtube. That isn't the intention. Some people have told me that this is a good idea but initially I was against it because there are some complications involved in it like bandwidth. But if we can get a server up at my workplace and then rent a cheap server just to host the videos, it is definately doable. Also we won't have restrictions on the videos so we could post full episodes up. But obviously there will be limitations like only members able to watch the videos. I've setup a test site like I said.

CLICK HERE (don't laugh at the domain name!)

There's 4 videos (3 Music videos and one lakorn episode). Yes I know there are some video quality problems there but thats fixable. I just post it up there for an example. Check it out!! I think its definately hot :) Only downside is that the script will cost 200 dollars :(

So thats pretty much it for the donation request. I'll post a special provision on the other thread to see how far along we're going in this attempt. Just give what you think is appropriate. Also for those who don't have Paypal, you can send me cash. Just PM me for my address and let me know if you want to remain anon or credited. Also DON'T BE SHY ABOUT PMING ME to find if there are other ways! :)

I'll give alot more details in the more Detail version for those who loves to read. :)

Here's the Extra INFO Version:

I'll give alot more details on the financials of SW. First of all the server rent price has been going up as we keep moving. Its partly my fault as I want more "juice" to play with by getting stronger machine. Like I said before currently the bill cost around 250. Last month the ads made only 100 dollars which mean sarn will have to pay 150$ out of her own pocket. Initially I helped out but since the recent move she has volunteered and plus I was pretty damn broke. Well thats the kind of dedication we got for you peps. I have to say that there is very few things I found more rewarding then working on the server. Even though I worked for free, it has taught me alot of stuff which makes it easy for me to get a job in the field I want. Its a win/win situation for me and everyone.

The idea of having 2 servers came around when I started working. Now some of you may wonder why we want to have 2 servers. The major reason is that the main one I want to plug into my work network needs to be under the bandwidth radar. Also having 2 servers is a good idea in the sense that if the video hosting one gets shutdown or something weird happens, the forum will not be affected. I intend to host only forums on the main server that we'll be building from the donation.

So now what can we get for the other server? Well right now I'm thinking it'll be around 100 - 150 dollars. This is something me and sarn can handle. As for the server itself, it'll be a weak server with a huge amount of Bandwidth and big harddrive space. I'm looking at one with 500 gigs. Using rough calculations, lets say a lakorn episode of an hour and a half is 200 megs. Lets say its 15 episodes. So its around 23 hours for the full series and 3 gigs per series. That is around 150 full episode series we can host! I say thats quite alot of videos we can put up. The videos should reflect the interests that the members have. Remember that this tube thing is only for members and I will try to integrate it with the forum accounts. That way you can login using the forum account (registration will be disabled on the video site). From what I can see, we'll get 1500gigs with the server. Thats a huge amount of BW so we'll see how long we'll do with that much. There are some really cheap european servers that offers up to 3000gigs. Maybe we'll try one of those since they're generally cheaper and also more "safe" from shutdowns. Only problem is that I'm not too familiar with european companies and there might be some communication problems not to mention the connection problems that might arise. Alot of decisions to make and its something that will DEFINATELY happen once the donations are hit.

The video project will only be done after we raise money and buy the server. Yea I know.. I put it up there as an incentive!!!! Remember that everyone will be sharing in this. I know I should have some kind of reward system setup but I don't know. Everyone should do it for the love of it anyway right?? :)

As I said above, I'm going to split the donation thread with info on the status when the dough starts rolling in. Just give what you think is appropriate. Also for those who don't have Paypal, you can send me cash. Just PM me for my address and let me know if you want to remain anon or credited :)

Post your comments below! Give me some ideas or thoughts on this :)

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Why is the short version and the extra version the same length? :blink:

Seems like the short version could be much shorter to me...

Muddie Murda

smile...
hahahaha darwie ja............good post. I shall donate........soooooon. T_T Since I've never donated before and I feel bad. T______________________T

SunStar

sarNie Elites
hmm... interesting.... so what do you think is the best course of action? meaning, which will benefit sarnworld best?

sarN

sarNie Granny
all ya buddies need to do is clicks the ads on the forum like 100x a day LOL . if everyone ( we have over 5,000 memeber ) click just one time a day we can earn prolly $20 a day . That is another way helping sw too.

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatoooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................hihihi

lol :lol: hey ai baaah, i dun think we have the same meaning of 'SHORT' !! anyways, i forgive u, cos u r weak sauce, so u act weak sauce, khaow jai khaow jai lol...

Well that's interesting, but i'm broke this month...lol...Could it be next month? can i donate something else? wait........What do i have in me pockets.............oH !!!!!!! an old chewing-gum, a dirty tissue, hmmm an old restaurant bill, ...Lol....JK

I'll try to donate something next month if i'm not too broke, cos me have to help family too !

Anyways, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH Sarn and p'Tim, for all u guys do to entertain us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and p'Tim, u want some ideas????? lol hehe well u could wear coconut bras, a blonde wig, put some flashy red lipstick n do the tahitian or hawaian dance, it could work better lol...

sarN

sarNie Granny
Jenseng ! You no money ? It ok . Click the ads on my fourm like 100 x !!!! Dat will make up for it

darvil

sarNie Adult
Why is the short version and the extra version the same length? :blink:

Seems like the short version could be much shorter to me...
Actually Marduk, I changed my mind about that.. I decided to do "short" and "more info" version.. meaning the 2nd part is based off the 1st part. So quit your whinining. Oh yea.. You need to go get a job man! Could use that bonus for this cause you know.

hmm... interesting.... so what do you think is the best course of action? meaning, which will benefit sarnworld best?
Hey SunStar, my personal opinion is to do an initial investment which is better long term. You know the argument between "renting" a house and "buying" a house? Its more expensive to buy a house but in the long run you are better off. Its similar like that in this situation. The thing is that.. ads like google isn't consistent. Its hard to predict market forces so you never know what is going to get what. The thing is that once we build a server it is ours (don't worry I will take care of it with love ;))

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatoooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................hihihi

lol :lol: hey ai baaah, i dun think we have the same meaning of 'SHORT' !! anyways, i forgive u, cos u r weak sauce, so u act weak sauce, khaow jai khaow jai lol...

Well that's interesting, but i'm broke this month...lol...Could it be next month? can i donate something else? wait........What do i have in me pockets.............oH !!!!!!! an old chewing-gum, a dirty tissue, hmmm an old restaurant bill, ...Lol....JK

I'll try to donate something next month if i'm not too broke, cos me have to help family too !

Anyways, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH Sarn and p'Tim, for all u guys do to entertain us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and p'Tim, u want some ideas????? lol hehe well u could wear coconut bras, a blonde wig, put some flashy red lipstick n do the tahitian or hawaian dance, it could work better lol...
Well jensen.. You happen to be someone I might try to "guilt trip" but I don't know. If you get the job then I'll bang on your door otherwise mai roo wa. I mean you need to save money to buy me a big present next year. :drool:

darvil

sarNie Adult
okay...well I didn't read that, just tell me where to mail my mail-order k?

You should post who donated and how much money they donated, compete. I've seen it in other forums, a bunch of idiots mail in money. One guy would donate 10.00 and another would donate 10.01 and so on, kinda retarded...but yeah...get the dough rollin in.
Yea I've been keeping tab

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php?showtopic=9672

I just put up the thing on top so it'll be more obvious.

Donation competition? I don't know although that does sound hot!

There's a 40 dollar paypal script that can keep tab of donators and stuff but I don't know about buying that just to see more info on donators and the goal and such. I'll have to think hard about that one.

As for Mail donation. Are you interested? If you are I'll send you a PM with my address. I mean I don't really care if everyone knows my address but I still am somewhat hesitant about posting it in public lol.

minankumo

sarNie Adult
Yea I've been keeping tab

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php?showtopic=9672

I just put up the thing on top so it'll be more obvious.

Donation competition? I don't know although that does sound hot!

There's a 40 dollar paypal script that can keep tab of donators and stuff but I don't know about buying that just to see more info on donators and the goal and such. I'll have to think hard about that one.

As for Mail donation. Are you interested? If you are I'll send you a PM with my address. I mean I don't really care if everyone knows my address but I still am somewhat hesitant about posting it in public lol.

sure darvil, i'm happy to help out. please pm me.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Guilt trip, guilt trip, guilt trip! Oh my god! This sounds so cool! You know something, that video idea seems great!
My aunt would love you for it, Tim! LOLs. I wish I could donate. You see, this is why I need a job. I'd donate a lot
to SW. I owe a lot to SW. Aish, I wish I had money. But I have to save my lunch money already. Gee,
I wonder if I can pull some money from my brother since he owes me his life now. >.< Anyhow, whenever
I have a few copper circles to spare, I'll try to donate. This is so cool! Just pissed that I can't donate but,
everyone, help donate! Do it for SW! Good luck with this. I'm so liking this idea. LOLs. Maybe I'll nag my
sister so that she'll donate. Wait, she's dead broke with overwithdrawals. Crap. Maybe I'll rob my little brother's
piggy bank. Ha, ha. I didn't really think the Google Ads would help that much, do they really? I'll click on them daily,
more than once, more than twice, more than ten. LOLs. Cheers for SW! Aja, aja! Good luck! Folks, donate!! ^__^

darvil

sarNie Adult
Guilt trip, guilt trip, guilt trip! Oh my god! This sounds so cool! You know something, that video idea seems great!
My aunt would love you for it, Tim! LOLs. I wish I could donate. You see, this is why I need a job. I'd donate a lot
to SW. I owe a lot to SW. Aish, I wish I had money. But I have to save my lunch money already. Gee,
I wonder if I can pull some money from my brother since he owes me his life now. >.

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
Well jensen.. You happen to be someone I might try to "guilt trip" but I don't know. If you get the job then I'll bang on your door otherwise mai roo wa. I mean you need to save money to buy me a big present next year. :drool:
Arai na 'BUY ME A BIG PRESENT NEXT YEAR'?????????????? lol hey, do i look like Santa???? Do i have a big white beard? big belly? No !!! so dun ask me for a big present next year ok ? !!! lol

Plus ur guilt Trip can't work on me lol...Mai son jai wa lol...N if i get the job, i could hire a guard to stay in front of my door, then he'll kick ur stinky ass if u try to harass me lol...

Anyways, PPL Donate please !!!!!

silky

sarNie Egg
Hi Everyone.

I'd love to help out you guys.. Absolutely Love this forum.

Problem is, i'm in Australia, and i don't have paypal and don't really think mailing cash over to you is a good idea.

Do you have any other options?

sarN

sarNie Granny
it ok girl . just click the ads on top of the forum everyday like 100x !!
Dat another way to support SW . I get like .1 a click LOL dat will help
SW alots . So , those dat can't support in money wise ...goes for
the clicking hahah . Thank ya sarnies !

Muddie Murda

smile...
Hi Everyone.

I'd love to help out you guys.. Absolutely Love this forum.

Problem is, i'm in Australia, and i don't have paypal and don't really think mailing cash over to you is a good idea.

Do you have any other options?
You can send money order or check, right Tim? I don't know if his bank will convert AUS to USD, so if you CAN you can convert it from AUS to USD before sending out.

sarN, you can't tell people to click 100x a day! hahaha google will catch us for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just 3-5x a day everyday is good hahaha. :D

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Muddie! You burst the bubble, man!!!
LOLs. I wanted to click the ads tons of times too. Ha, ha.
I guess you're right too. Google will be like "Hmm..."
Oh well.

Tim, you're stupid. Yes, I will try. SW will become
a very big part of my life. Woo!! DONATE!! I want that
VDO thing! LOLs. So cool!