[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Yes..yes...when we first see KO giving Meiran THE LOOK in the cafeteria....I was like who is this guy....why is he...wait he is KO?? So soon?Extra Scenes!!YESYESYES:clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:woahh...hes hot...(all this in one minute):risas3:
I didn't know BinBin before.....and now after seeing him with ZYC...I just can't ship him with Dilreba no matter how many dramas they do or how hot their couple is right now.
Lol...I forgot Boss and me:facepalm:....I loved the book a lot. But I have a few issues with the drama....acting wise its good ZLY and ZH were perfect as ShanShan and FengTeng but just like others they dragged the story the most in this one....
@bold...omg I do that too.....I've watched every single adaptation of Pride and prejudice...including Indian(2nd best for me after 1995 version) and dutch version, Persuasion, Emma and Jane Eyre.....at least every one I could get my hands on. I even tried the horrible horrible chinese adaptation of Pride and Prejudice:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Do you think My sunshine or Boss and Me will suit Popella better?...I'm thinking My Sunshine....I want to see Pope do He YiChen's calm and intense lover. And Bella would be good as peppy confident college girl Zhao Mosheng turns quite and melancholic woman still in love with her ex but thinks he deserves better...later.
HAHAHA SAME. I read the book way before the drama aired so I forgot all about KO's existence by the drama started. I was still wondering who the heck this guy is. :risas3:
Oh gosh, they have so much chemistry - and ZYC was talking about how he and Vin will discuss details of the acting to make KO and Mei Ren's interactions more intimate and loving...is2g. And it was so hilarious when both of them kept denying that KO/Mei Ren is real, even though they fully know they are, because they probably don't wanna get in trouble for it.
I mean sorry, I don't care for Dilraba/Vin popularity - I'm NEVER shipping Dilraba and my Vin, because I prefer Vengo and Dilraba so much more. (Even though it's also an impossible rl ship haha)

Boss & Me's cdrama was my gateway to the entire cdrama and c-ent fandom so I have a special fondness for it. And I still think it's a really good adaptation/drama - though some parts were a bit draggy but overall a very good adaptation, and the acting were very on point. Very refreshing drama. And it became a hit back then as well.

Chinese version of Pride and Prejudice? They have it? You're not mistaking the Dilraba movie with the very similar title for it, right? Hahah

I don't know... I'm not a fan of My Sunshine - I only watched the drama, I have to admit I found He Yi Chen very lowkey problematic and annoyingly passive aggressive as a person and male lead - sorry... ;v; But some slightly sad/angsty recovering lost love story along that line - it would be interesting to see Popella take on a story like that... ;)
Popella are too vastly different in image for Boss & Me.... but it would be super interesting to see them as Shan Shan and Feng Teng... :risas3: Like it's all fluff and cutesy shizz!! Popella in almost nothing but diabetic sweet, cute af fluff?? Yes, why not!!

I'm into Chinese dramas as well! Do Thai adapt chinese dramas as well? What are they?
I read the Boss & Me book first and it was a fast read. It's true it felt the TV drama was dragged out that I had to skip scenes.
Bella is too beautiful to be playing ShanShan in my opinion.
I'm curious too - but it doesn't seem so? And neither does it seem to happen the other way round - have never heard of any from the whole time I've been dabbling with cdramas - except the prospect of Chinese BPS remake?

I believe Bella can pull off almost any type of characters haha. Seeing how she pulled off Kade, she can do cutesy.

I only know of Kiss Me... adapted from It started with a kiss/Mischievous kiss/Playful Kiss.....Thai producers are more into adapting korean dramas at the moment....maybe as more and more thai actors are working in Chinese dramas and films these days they might consider adapting more popular chinese books/dramas....
Yeah Bella looks too smart to play an innocent like shanshan....in the drama they made her a bit dumb when she was not actually. Now Mosheng's character was also not good at studies but she was smart and became an accomplished photographer in US.
Oh my dear, Kiss Me is adapted from Itazura na Kiss - a Japanese manga, not directly from ISWAK (which is also an adaptation). ^^;;
It's actually a challenge to be able to portray cutesy, a bit airheaded fem leads like this without coming off as an obnoxious idiot - ZLY did a great job with it, and you need a certain look of maturity yet able to look cutesy. Perhaps Bella would make it.

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Mr. Pope eating lobster with pepper dipping sauce
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiBl0FLj4DI/
Bella's Instastory was also showing her eating the same thing! They're definitely filming some thing again??
They're never gonna run away from BPS - I hope they aren't sick of it by now :risas3:

I love Itazura na Kiss the Japanese one is my favourite.(I like them all though).
We can be friends then. :p
The 2013 version jdrama is my favourite adaptation too. I was hardcore about the manga and the entire series. :')

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
Bella's Instastory was also showing her eating the same thing! They're definitely filming some thing again??
They're never gonna run away from BPS - I hope they aren't sick of it by now :risas3:

We can be friends then. :p
The 2013 version jdrama is my favourite adaptation too. I was hardcore about the manga and the entire series. :')
Omg really! I didnt see that from Bella..ahhh so excited then. Yeap..please keep doing some BPS goodies for us Popella!

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Omg really! I didnt see that from Bella..ahhh so excited then. Yeap..please keep doing some BPS goodies for us Popella!
Yes! And since Pope was dressed up as Date after all!

Its always interesting to see the ost play in school. It sounded like its a national anthem already :) the OSTs are turning into classic song already:sad6:

The marching band version is beautiful!

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
What are BPS team doing now?

Sexy Bella! in the Mag
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiB6wkClkpL/

Mr. Pope eating lobster with pepper dipping sauce
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiBl0FLj4DI/

Earthz promoting durian lol
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiBn3owD0E2/

I'm missing all the casts already.
I think the cast are still having events here and there almost everyday except Punjan who is having a break in Japan now. I'm also missing the cast a lot. People on twitter and IG are having withdrawal too. :p

Sharing is caring lol. Thought i'd share one of my favs of Pope! I used to like my baes cleaned and cut, but I'm aging and facial hair has never looked this good :naughty2: (i need to rerun ROR again)

Just imagine those eyes staring into the windows of your soul...
Oh, I want to give you 1000 likes!!!

We should post throwback photos all day. I miss BPS and PopeBell.

greenmangoes

sarNie Egg
Do you all know of an old drama that has a similar structure to BPS in any language. Basically a drama with very little drama between the leads and a true romance. Also, the true romance is longer than the last 30 mins of the last episode. LOL

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
HAHAHA SAME. I read the book way before the drama aired so I forgot all about KO's existence by the drama started. I was still wondering who the heck this guy is. :risas3:
Oh gosh, they have so much chemistry - and ZYC was talking about how he and Vin will discuss details of the acting to make KO and Mei Ren's interactions more intimate and loving...is2g. And it was so hilarious when both of them kept denying that KO/Mei Ren is real, even though they fully know they are, because they probably don't wanna get in trouble for it.
I mean sorry, I don't care for Dilraba/Vin popularity - I'm NEVER shipping Dilraba and my Vin, because I prefer Vengo and Dilraba so much more. (Even though it's also an impossible rl ship haha)
Boss & Me's cdrama was my gateway to the entire cdrama and c-ent fandom so I have a special fondness for it. And I still think it's a really good adaptation/drama - though some parts were a bit draggy but overall a very good adaptation, and the acting were very on point. Very refreshing drama. And it became a hit back then as well.
Chinese version of Pride and Prejudice? They have it? You're not mistaking the Dilraba movie with the very similar title for it, right? Hahah
I don't know... I'm not a fan of My Sunshine - I only watched the drama, I have to admit I found He Yi Chen very lowkey problematic and annoyingly passive aggressive as a person and male lead - sorry... ;v; But some slightly sad/angsty recovering lost love story along that line - it would be interesting to see Popella take on a story like that... ;)
Popella are too vastly different in image for Boss & Me.... but it would be super interesting to see them as Shan Shan and Feng Teng... :risas3: Like it's all fluff and cutesy shizz!! Popella in almost nothing but diabetic sweet, cute af fluff?? Yes, why not!!
I'm curious too - but it doesn't seem so? And neither does it seem to happen the other way round - have never heard of any from the whole time I've been dabbling with cdramas - except the prospect of Chinese BPS remake?
I believe Bella can pull off almost any type of characters haha. Seeing how she pulled off Kade, she can do cutesy.
Oh my dear, Kiss Me is adapted from Itazura na Kiss - a Japanese manga, not directly from ISWAK (which is also an adaptation). ^^;;
It's actually a challenge to be able to portray cutesy, a bit airheaded fem leads like this without coming off as an obnoxious idiot - ZLY did a great job with it, and you need a certain look of maturity yet able to look cutesy. Perhaps Bella would make it.
Yes now Vengo and Dils are perfect...and with the height difference...they look super hot.
Boss and Me was my first Cdrama as well....I actually loved it at first watch then I read the book and book was so great...it messed me up...now whenever I watch I just can't enjoy it the same....I always have this big quibble with adapted works....I can't not compare with the book and watch the adaptation as a separate story. If there are changes that don't make sense...it bothers the heck out of me. The chinese adaptation of P&P is called Mr Pride and Ms prejudice...chinese name 翩翩冷少俏佳人
You won't believe how they butchered it...Check it out if you like...they removed it from YT....found some epis in DM here's a link

Thats exctly why I found some adaptations of Itakiss good and some horrible....because of how Kotoko was portrayed. I think the best kotoko was actually Taliw in the thai version....and Tenten was also a good ...less assy version of Naoki.
Its's ok:thumbup:...I know a lot of people have problems with Yichen....we all are different people with different tastes.......Yichen is an true introvert...I saw all the signs in him...coz am I too........maybe that's why I connect with his character more.:)

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
My first Chinese drama was Princess Agents and that scarred me for life! Lol so I’m afraid of watching Chinese dramas lol grew up watching Thai dramas, they tend to remake a lot of their own shows. Never seen a adaptation of a chinese drama before. I know there are Korean and Japanese adapted shows...I’ve always wondered why they never adapted Hana Yori Dango (meteor Garden) in Thailand. Almost every Asian country has a version. I would love a Thai version just because I believe Thailand continues to produce some of the best onscreen couples. I have so many couples I love even growing up!

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Yes now Vengo and Dils are perfect...and with the height difference...they look super hot.
Boss and Me was my first Cdrama as well....I actually loved it at first watch then I read the book and book was so great...it messed me up...now whenever I watch I just can't enjoy it the same....I always have this big quibble with adapted works....I can't not compare with the book and watch the adaptation as a separate story. If there are changes that don't make sense...it bothers the heck out of me. The chinese adaptation of P&P is called Mr Pride and Ms prejudice...chinese name 翩翩冷少俏佳人
You won't believe how they butchered it...Check it out if you like...they removed it from YT....found some epis in DM here's a link

Thats exctly why I found some adaptations of Itakiss good and some horrible....because of how Kotoko was portrayed. I think the best kotoko was actually Taliw in the thai version....and Tenten was also a good ...less assy version of Naoki.
Its's ok:thumbup:...I know a lot of people have problems with Yichen....we all are different people with different tastes.......Yichen is an true introvert...I saw all the signs in him...coz am I too........maybe that's why I connect with his character more.:)
As you can tell, I'm a Dong Hua/Feng Jiu trash. Hahahaha.
I didn't read the book but I heard from a friend that the drama adaptation had more, fuller details and more fleshed out characters than the book... hmm. :confused12:
Yeah, so when I do LOVE an adaptation of a book I've read - it must really mean something!!
Ah I see! I've never heard of this one. @ Pride & Prejudice

Yes. Kotoko is...a difficult character to portray without coming off as annoying. Hint: I'm personally not a fan of the ISWAK version of Kotoko, haha.
I'm ok with Taliw and Tenten is more human than Naoki, but I wasn't like a particularly huge fan of the Thai version - it feels quite different from the manga, since they changed a considerable amount of stuff. Like the new childhood friends premise was something I didn't quite like - but ok this is purely subjective because I'm not a fan of such tropes.
Yup. I'm an introvert too...but I didn't actually interpret Yichen as one...! Interestingly.

My first Chinese drama was Princess Agents and that scarred me for life! Lol so I’m afraid of watching Chinese dramas lol grew up watching Thai dramas, they tend to remake a lot of their own shows. Never seen a adaptation of a chinese drama before. I know there are Korean and Japanese adapted shows...I’ve always wondered why they never adapted Hana Yori Dango (meteor Garden) in Thailand. Almost every Asian country has a version. I would love a Thai version just because I believe Thailand continues to produce some of the best onscreen couples. I have so many couples I love even growing up!
Each country has their special style and flavour of dramas. Like I will never see in lakorn certain kinds of story like cdramas, and vice versa. That's why I love watching dramas from a variety of country. Lakorn definitely has a very special charm to it.

Princess Agents...oh ho I couldn't continue with that. You should give other cdramas a shot. :)

Oh, I know right? @ Hana Yori Dango
It's the only popular hot favourite franchise they haven't shown signs of adapting?? I wonder?

(going seriously off-topic here. :fighting3: sorry! rest assure that my heart is still with BPS :risas3:)

Last edited: