[Ch3] Buang Athithan (WaveMedia) : Mark Prin / Patricia Tanchanok

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
hi everyone! I'm a quiet lurker here, and I'm currently following this lakorn. I just have a question about the Thai language that's been bothering me for a while now.

I notice in recent dramas, where it takes place in the old eras (Thai boran lakorns too), a lot of the characters refer to themselves as 'ka', instead of 'pom', 'chan', or in Thai boran, 'rao'.

Can anybody explain that word? Like, when is it used? I know it means 'I', right? But is it for use for only in the old days? I actually never heard it before until these past couple of years. In Thai boran, they used to use 'rao' for the royalties/deities, and 'mom chan' for servants (I think.). But now, all I hear is 'ka'.
Ka means yes.. It's used at the end of a sentence to be polite by females. While males use krub. It's common in greetings. Sa wa dee ka. Krop Khun ka.

Chan Duchess

sarNie Egg
Ka means yes.. It's used at the end of a sentence to be polite by females. While males use krub. It's common in greetings. Sa wa dee ka. Krop Khun ka.
You're rught. Ka is the polite way to say yes and end a sentence in Thai. But I think what untinnu is asking us why some people use Kah in a period drama. It is a different kah. It is an informal way to say "I" and is used in the rural areas of Tbailand, like in the countryside and also an archaic way of saying I. It is also pronounced a little different from the positive affirmation of "ka" when saying something like Sawasdee ka. There's also the word "to kill" that sounds kind of the same. Like Mee khon kah khun. "Somebody killed you"
It's also spelled differently too.

ค่ะ (formal polite way to say yes and end a sentence in the feminine)
ข้ามาคนเดียว (Kah ma khon diew) (I came alone) also the title of New Wongsakorn's lakorn hehehe.
มีคนฆ่าฉัน (Mee khon kah chun) (Someone killed me)

Last edited:

alissaax

You're rught. Ka is the polite way to say yes and end a sentence in Thai. But I think what untinnu is asking us why some people use Kah in a period drama. It is a different kah. It is an informal way to say "I" and is used in the rural areas of Tbailand, like in the countryside and also an archaic way of saying I. It is also pronounced a little different from the positive affirmation of "ka" when saying something like Sawasdee ka. There's also the word "to kill" that sounds kind of the same. Like Mee khon kah khun. "Somebody killed you"

ข้ามาคนเดียว (Kah ma khon diew) (I came alone) also the title of New Wongsakorn's lakorn hehehe.

Hahahaha my bad.. I forgot there's also ka for me and I. They all have different characters and vowels but sound the same.

choua_lee16

sarNie Hatchling
Okay I don't know what's more annoying, Pat putting her hands to her face or Yard's character. It's clear and obvious that the dude loves his wife. Why would you want to be the other woman when you know you are not going to receive the same amount of love that he is giving his wife.

On the bright side, episode 4 is just filled with cuteness between Prince Ariya and Kehapa. We finally see the wedding between the two and Prince Ariya is just too cute when in love LOL.

untinnu

sarNie Adult

THANK YOU soooo much for the clarifications!! It's been bugging me for a while now.. okay, so 'kah'. It's an informal way of saying 'I'.

Onto the topic, I'm really enjoying this drama, and like everyone else, Pat's shocked/scared gesture bothers me too. It does seem like she's a good actress, but that gesture totally kills the mood. I'm really enjoying Mark K and Eye's couple.

Taeun

sarNie Egg
God Mark is so handsome he matche so will with Pat.It give me butterflies every time they have scenes together. I thought other then Kim nobody have chem with Mark but I was wrong. Also it seem like Mark acting improve. After watching today ep I'm so fustrated with yard character I hope they don't drag the story of Mark being posess by Yard for to long because I feel so bad for Pat. I want to rip yard hair every time she mistreat Pat especially when she make Pat wash her cloth.I need more scene of pat and mark in present.I've been wonder does Mark brother fiancée live with them because she's always in their house.

Last edited:

momotea

sarNie Juvenile
If the sub team need help I can help on timing
I watched last night ep it's really bother me Ariya slept yard and still went to comfort his wife

alissaax

I'm just skimming for marks and I don't like yard's character one bit

choua_lee16

sarNie Hatchling
If the sub team need help I can help on timing
I watched last night ep it's really bother me Ariya slept yard and still went to comfort his wife
OMG yes!!! when I saw that I did not want to continue watching it anymore. IDK how he can just do that, act like he did just not sleep with someone other than his wife!!!

I hope Prince Ariya being under Yard's control doesn't last too long of the episodes. I'd like to see some "current" romance between Mark and Pat's character too haha

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Well skipped episode 5 and honestly wtf Mark's character is the past :facepalm:

Also why the heck is Yard's character so obsessive? Like girl come on, he does not want you!

I do agree that I hope we get more present day romance between Mark and Pat's characters. I could use a little less of the past. Also I hope we get more other Mark and Eye scenes, I actually like them.

Pooh4ever

sarNie Adult
Well I did mentioned I like the past part of the lakorn, but Yard's character is so annoying. Now I want more of the present time lol. And it seems like Mark's character and I will not get along in the past.

I just want to comment on the wedding scene. Patricia was stunning. The whole scene was nicely done until the end, that fake green screen image of the palace lol. I'll let that slide since Patricia looks so pretty. And is boran time lakorn often this cheesy in the romance department? I was half spazzing and half embarrassed at the love scenes lol. It's weird.

But agree that Mark and Patricia are super compatible together. They look so good onscreen. Wish the drama could have been better though.