[CH3] Buang Banjathorn (Broadcast Thai Television) Mai D. /Mario M./Prang K./ Panjun P.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I really do hope it is someone I like and can freely give an honest opinion about without getting snapped at. Would that be too much to ask?

I also hope they explore the relationship a bit more because sometime i wonder when and how they fell in love.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, I hope it's a good cast and no drastic changes like she or he having a child. Lol

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Omg, why do I see that happening? ^^^ I love kids but adding them to plots that didn't originally had them only complicates things for no reason. *Cough* Samee.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol Mahalo, still bitter about that remake?

I can't see them adding that to this one cus then how will she be able to leave her present time to be with him?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yes, I'm still bitter. I didn't watch it but my sister did. It's watered down as well.

The kid will probably grow up through time to tell the story of his mother and father. Won't be her child from the previous marriage but hers with p'ek. Past and present lakorns always do things like that. Lol.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Gosh, young Chakrit is so darn handsome. He was 23 or 24 in this role. I have yet to see a newbie within the same age range act as well, especially with an older woman. That's why I can't let go of my veteran actors. They were on another level of acting back then. Why have acting standards lowered so much? 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
That's why I was so in love with him! I was soooo starstruck when I saw him in person lol.

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
aiyaja said:
Age doesn't matter as long as they look the part, I agree. I just personally thought that we have so many actresses with all sorts of ages who are available, so why not choose someone who would better suit the role? It's not like we absolutely have no veterans to choose from. As much as I adored Tarn Parn Kammathep, it was one of those lakorns that I still wished the cast was different. Sure, the ratings were good, the storyline was fun, but it's not a classic like the old one where everything fell into place. I'm a lakorn fan in the end, so as much as I have my favorites and understand the koojin craze, I honestly would like Thai producers to pay more attention to suitability versus what they want and force to make it work. Lol Like some lakorns are great no doubt but I feel like they can't reach their fullest capacity due to casting. Lol
The younger generation of actresses are born in the 90's, some look mature enough to play the part but that's not what I'm emphasizing. Acting comes from experience, from wisdom that can only be gained from age, maturity and sophistication that can only come with life. These young actresses will get their chance at mature roles or divorced roles later in the future so what's the rush? They may understand or study how it feels like to be 30 years old in a failed marriage or relationship but understanding or studying and doing their homework may never compare to someone who is already in their 30's, with failed relationships, dwindling careers, and such. Understanding something is not the same as feeling it or having gone through it.
Some may say, that's the beauty of acting. You have someone take the challenge. I'm sure the younger actresses can take the challenge and do well but from a lakorn fans aspect, that's it? Lol
I think this discussion is interesting cause being from the states, you see the differences in the actors/actresses. In Thailand they take teenagers and have them play older roles...and then people complain they're too old when they get into their late 20's/30's...but that's the age of the characters they are playing, people in their 20's/30's...lol.

Whereas in the states, yes they have child stars but those child stars play kids. And then they have people in their early 20's playing teenagers. Actresses/Actors are in their prime when they're in their late 20's/30's/40's. The dynamics in the celebrity world and fans are so different between east/west.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Mahalo said:
Sadly he's not aging very well.
I know :(. I think it was because he worked so hard and didn't care to take care of himself. He drank and smokes so that aged him fast. He didn't start to take better care of himsel til he got with Woonsen but it's a bit late.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Marsha makes Prae a very likable character. There's a certain calmness and maturity in her acting. I think Jui would be able to pull it off but in a different youthful way. Although Mario is 27, he looks too boyish to be Laoperng. I think Nadech would make a good Laoperng after seeing him in a similar attire from his lakorn with Mew. Too bad the guy's so book with his koo jin that he doesn't get a chance to challenge himself in dreamy roles. 

cr: pantip   

spanky

sarNie OldFart
yes He would be good in this role....Mario though i feel has matured lookwise a lil bit...he still has that baby face....

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
OMG don't even mention Samee. You aren't alone on the bitterness, I choose to ignore that fact that it even got remade.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Isn't this lakorn base on book? the heroine was in her 30s and married for 10 years , the hero was 25.

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
Hearing everybody makes me like want to put Ann here.... If only she could... BTW i haven't finish watching this.... Should i watch it???

saki

sarNie Adult
Saechash said:
I think this discussion is interesting cause being from the states, you see the differences in the actors/actresses. In Thailand they take teenagers and have them play older roles...and then people complain they're too old when they get into their late 20's/30's...but that's the age of the characters they are playing, people in their 20's/30's...lol.

Whereas in the states, yes they have child stars but those child stars play kids. And then they have people in their early 20's playing teenagers. Actresses/Actors are in their prime when they're in their late 20's/30's/40's. The dynamics in the celebrity world and fans are so different between east/west.

Yes, based on what I've seen casting young actors/actresses for very mature roles has been done since before. I remember seeing Kob playing roles like Prasok (etc) and she looked about 15 in the role. Then I remember Anne Thongprasom in Plerng Bn (and plenty of other mature roles), etc. I don't think it's something that started just now it seems to be the standard practice in Thai industry, but that's just my opinion based on what I've seen. 

It would be great for them to write more roles for the older n'eks though (since most lakorns seem to be written with the younger in mind)- it's different from Hollywood for example, where actors/actresses in their 60s can still get lead roles because the scripts have variety.

aiyaja said:
 As much as I adored Tarn Parn Kammathep, it was one of those lakorns that I still wished the cast was different. Sure, the ratings were good, the storyline was fun, but it's not a classic like the old one where everything fell into place. I'm a lakorn fan in the end, so as much as I have my favorites and understand the koojin craze, I honestly would like Thai producers to pay more attention to suitability versus what they want and force to make it work. Lol Like some lakorns are great no doubt but I feel like they can't reach their fullest capacity due to casting. Lol

The younger generation of actresses are born in the 90's, some look mature enough to play the part but that's not what I'm emphasizing. Acting comes from experience, from wisdom that can only be gained from age, maturity and sophistication that can only come with life. These young actresses will get their chance at mature roles or divorced roles later in the future so what's the rush? They may understand or study how it feels like to be 30 years old in a failed marriage or relationship but understanding or studying and doing their homework may never compare to someone who is already in their 30's, with failed relationships, dwindling careers, and such. Understanding something is not the same as feeling it or having gone through it.

Some may say, that's the beauty of acting. You have someone take the challenge. I'm sure the younger actresses can take the challenge and do well but from a lakorn fans aspect, that's it? Lol

I actually don't mind a young actress playing a mature role for as long as the lakorn is written for a younger n'ek (kind of like Ann Thong she had a lot of mature roles even when she was younger) but I agree that it doesn't make sense to cast someone so young to play a thirty something woman who has been divorced, etc.

I also don't like it when they rewrite lakorns that are supposed to be drama then turn them into light comedy. The remake Tang Parn Kammathep was ok but I liked the older one better. Preem and Poh did alright but the age gap was too much and I prefer Janie and Andrew's take on the characters. I haven't watched the new Samee but now I'm glad I didn't. I really like the old one with Joy.

I feel that if they want a young actress for a certain role, then they should get someone who can do drama...if the actress they really want hasn't done any drama then I'm ok with them training her in drama roles (I mean, a person won't get better if they get stuck in comedy all the time)...and if she still can't do drama even after the training then maybe they need to recast her. Likewise, I wouldn't like it if they cast someone too old for the part also. The casting process is a little confusing at times. 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Mario may have a baby face but dang, the boy can act though. If not Mario? Then Toey would be good.

As for the ladies, I would say, Bella or Kim. Hehe.

I hope Kim would reconsider doing only one lakorn per year because it would truly be a loss to see less of her.

D~D

sarNie Adult
aiyaja said:
Haha, Ncmeow, okay, no Jui in here. Lol

I think Bella would be the next best candidate. She was pretty good and mature in the one with Aum, so I would like to see her in here. Or Kim. I think this role would be quite a challenge for Kim. The nang'ake in here is bold, mature, and strong YET she's not bratty and kiddy, something, I've yet to see Kim in. Both girls look mature enough to play a divorcee.

I mentioned age because sometimes, the actor/actress can only understand the character up to their level of maturity, life, or experience. Yes, they have directors and acting coaches to assist them but in the end, it all comes down to the actor's comprehension at that age or era in life. Because acting is mainly interpretation, not a yes or a no or a math problem, it really depends on how much the actor understands the character. Sometimes, actors look back at their old roles and think, why did I portray that character that way or why did I react this way in that scene, when it should have been like this once they experience the incident or emotions in real life. Just like us ordinary people, my mind frame at 28-29 years old now is way different from when I was 22-23 years old. I, sometimes, think back, if I had known what I knew now, I would have reacted differently or decided to do things a bit different. This is a lakorn where, unlike us ordinary folks who can't turn back time, the producers can choose a suitable candidate.

Then we have the issue of the this generation's actors/actresses that just aren't up to par or as quickly as before when they have so many lakorns under their belts already. That's why I adore New. I was watching one of his interviews on portraying Kwan in Plae Kao and he said that for the role, he had to stop everything, basically his life, for 8 months, lived on a farm, learned how to farm, listened to the Plae Kao songs in order to understand and become Kwan because the lyrics were Kwan's thoughts and emotions, had to watch the previous versions, and so forth just to fully become Kwan. New totally immersed himself in becoming Kwan. That takes so much effort and sacrifice. Actors/actresses these days aren't willing to do that. They have events to attend and film about 2-3 lakorns at once. Like Vill, I'm like girl, when you're in a lakorn, can you please stop dying your hair? Just leave it at one color for the entire 6-7 months, will ya? Lol Or like Kwan, how she used to act with her nails. Lol

Anyway, I liked this lakorn even though I have vague memories of it too. And yes, the storyline is way better and funner than Tae Pang Gon.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Same here !!!!!!!!!  I started to get annoy with her hair color change.I thought i was the only one who notice this. :lol2:  :lol2: 
Sometime, I'm like... Does anyone have natural hair color anymore ?????? :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:

aiyaja said:
^They all did. Lol

I loved the OST.

If funny because I still listen to "Tah Rao Rak Gun" by Uthen Phommin. I remember watching this with my mom and all she tells me is that this song is very romantic and touching to loves one. She said it was perfect for the lakorn. 
I'm so thankful to  Asian Fuse Wiki - sharerice.com   :flowers: :flowers:  :flowers:  :grouphug:   :grouphug:
Those who take their time editing it  are the one that helps me find all my love for lakorn and the ost on youtube.

Mahalo said:
Gosh, young Chakrit is so darn handsome. He was 23 or 24 in this role. I have yet to see a newbie within the same age range act as well, especially with an older woman. That's why I can't let go of my veteran actors. They were on another level of acting back then. Why have acting standards lowered so much? 

This lakorn was my discover of Chakrit handsomeness. :crush:  :crush:  :crush: