[Ch3] Neung Nai Suang (No Problem)

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Since this is starting to air, does anyone know if someone will be subbing it? I did not see anything on Viki, I know people have been saying that it's harder to get a channel on there now so I'm just wondering since I'm interested in checking this one out. 

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you so much for sharing.

So this is the third MV for NNS, this one sang by one of the contestant from the Voice Thailand?

Sweet_JJ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYEKw6P4T9U

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
The names are cute, Pook, Pben, Poom... lol I hope I got that right.

The opening scene wasn't extraordinary. The scene where Poom & Neung meet is nice but it didn't have a wow factor. Neung's character is giving me KCP feels.

x0unerthanlater

Sweet_JJ said:
I feel like I'm watching the same character Khun Chai Puttipat, except he decided to throw away his glasses lol.

So far I find this ok, I like Ken-Janie's version but I'll see how it goes.

Yeah the bickering of p'ek & n'ek is similar to the pranang of KCP.

Ugh, I hate Noey's character already. >___< Her hairstyle makes her look so much older than JJ's character, lolol

sarNie Adult
Kyaaaaaaaaaaah! I just finished watching the first episode without subs, so i didn't understand a thing. But here are my thoughts:

Personally, I liked the opening (as in the first 30 mins) of the Janie-Ken version better. The first part of episode 1 was boring for me. The episode only picked up after that scene where Neung and Poom meet for the first time. I literally squealed in that scene. Pajaew is a master of those kinds of waffy meet cutes. But still, I liked the Ken-Janie version more because before the characters met for the first time (again) in that scene, there was already background on the characters. In effect, in the old version, I kind of sympathized already with Poom ( Also, Poom's impulsiveness was also more emphasized in the old version) and I was ready to be swept away by Neung. I think they lacked scenes that showed Neung was all that, since in the old version, there was more fanfare when he arrived back from Europe. From that point, another thing that makes the old version, at least the first 30 mins, better is that Ken was a more dashing and more handsome Neung. I mean, when Ken first appeared and he had that debonair smile, you understand right away that he's the most eligible bachelor in all of Thailand, so you know, even if he's a jerk, he's a dashing jerk, and you'd understand why girls would still swoon upon seeing him. With James Ji, for all my love for him, he was cute at best. He was not dashing like Ken, so you know when I saw him again after Poom's flashback, he was just meh - still the same jerk kid, only he dresses well. So basically Neung in the first episode was a (in)glorious bastard/jerk. 

Which now leads me to my second point. Although JJ was not as dashing as Ken, I think he was a good Neung. What Ken lacked that JJ had was the fire in his eyes when he was being a grand jerk. Forgive me as I now compare him to Puttipat. At first when I heard he was in another period Lakorn where he plays an arrogant character, I was so afraid that he'd be another Puttipat. But no, Puttipat is a frickin wuss compared to Neung. Neung had fangs! I mean, I didn't understand a thing he said, but in those scenes where he and Poom fought, wow! Half of me wanted to slap him, and the other half went KYAAAAH and had the urge to run away. His eyes were really intense. I suppose his eyes were more emphasized now that he didn't have glasses. I noticed also before that JJ tended to squint when he was doing angry scenes. in episode one, his eyes were wide open and really burning with intensity. But I also liked those parts where he was doing that arrogant smirk, while his eyes were a bit softer -  you can see that he's half mocking Poom and half crushing on her. 

My third point is I loved all the other characters, all except for one - Noey's character's mother. In the Ken-Janie version, the mother was more glamorous and snooty. This version was just a biatch but I didn't feel that she was feeling all superior and had that bearing that she felt that she was all that. On a side note, Noey's friend in that scene in the restaurant was actually wearing an attire similar, if not the same as the one Noey wore in episode 5 of Khunchai Puttipat... ha, the things I notice. 

My fourth point - This drama was made for Yaya. Everyone else, including JJ is a supporting character. She SHONE in every shot that she had. she was wonderful! It's the best I've seen her in. her eyes were so alive and her dresses were all very fancy. She was really wonderful. Her fighting scenes with James Ji were so intense, even though I didn't understand a thing. 

To end, for all my love for James Ji, I must say that my crush in this Lakorn is, hands down, Namm Ronadet. Oh my lord, he's soooooooo cute. I can't take it. and his voice is soooooooo deep. (I really hope he has a song in this one) He's sooo.... kyaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  :faint: Actually, all the guys are cute in this Lakorn. Good job Pajaew! (or whoever is in charge of casting) 

sarNie Adult
Sweet_JJ said:
I feel like I'm watching the same character Khun Chai Puttipat, except he decided to throw away his glasses lol.

So far I find this ok, I like Ken-Janie's version but I'll see how it goes.

x0unerthanlater said:

Yeah the bickering of p'ek & n'ek is similar to the pranang of KCP.

Ugh, I hate Noey's character already. >___< Her hairstyle makes her look so much older than JJ's character, lolol

It's similar, but in my opinion, I think Neung was more of a jerk. and I felt that Neung was more intense than Puttipat. Without the glasses you can see his eyes more and he really stared down at Poom, and Poom stared back just as angrily. I think that's the big difference with Puttipat. Puttipat was more of a bully (since most of the time Kaew avoided him instead of fighting back), a half baked one at that because he quickly alternates from angry to confused whereas Neung just goes on and on as angry - angrier then smirk/walk off. Both Puttipat and Neung are arrogant characters, but I think Neung has a more confident vibe. In the end Puttipat still has that reserved demeanor so he lashes out then restrains or recoils back whereas Neung just goes on and on and even rushes out with vengeance even after Poom already ran away/avoided him. I think I'd concede to saying that Neung is the more intense version of Puttipat. 

x0unerthanlater

Sweet_JJ said:

Noey's character really is annoying But when I kept watching I was like "Gosh, Ch3 needs more n'rais." I swear she's like Ch3's favorite n'rai to use lol.

Seriously! They all retired or have families now. Lol The actress that plays Pben (not sure of her real name) could be Ch.3's new n'rai. But I think they're testing the waters with her because they're giving her both n'ek and n'rai roles. After seeing her in Chat Jaopraya as n'rai, I can't see her playing n'ek/nice roles. She was also partially rai in Sapai Sai Lub. 

040156 said:

It's similar, but in my opinion, I think Neung was more of a jerk. and I felt that Neung was more intense than Puttipat. Without the glasses you can see his eyes more and he really stared down at Poom, and Poom stared back just as angrily. I think that's the big difference with Puttipat. Puttipat was more of a bully (since most of the time Kaew avoided him instead of fighting back), a half baked one at that because he quickly alternates from angry to confused whereas Neung just goes on and on as angry - angrier then smirk/walk off. Both Puttipat and Neung are arrogant characters, but I think Neung has a more confident vibe. In the end Puttipat still has that reserved demeanor so he lashes out then restrains or recoils back whereas Neung just goes on and on and even rushes out with vengeance even after Poom already ran away/avoided him. I think I'd concede to saying that Neung is the more intense version of Puttipat. 

Agree. Neung is the more aggressive version of Puttipat. I think the similarities are only the fact that they're both arrogant and the way they dress. Every thing else is different.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I'm loving this lakorn :heart: :heart: :heart:  and I love Yaya look in here.

I'm lucky to understand Thai well and I hope someone would sub this lakorn for international fans.

You have to understand to enjoy this lakorn; the dialogs are so good.

Can't wait for next week...!!!

credit as tagged

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I like Yaya in this role, she fits this era more cus it makes her look cute without being annoying. I can definitely see her as Prissana or Princess Ariya. . I can even see her as Jenjira.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I have checked the first episode raw. So far I can say for the first I find Yaya really attractive in a lakorn. Just she needs to loosen a little bit on some of her facial expressions. like someone else said it earlier James is really intense in the lakorn. I even think I found him natural in his character

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I like it so far! Yaya's not playing a tomboy. She reminds me of Nuch from Kularb Rai Narm. James does look like Khun Chai Puttipat. Haha. Doesn't help that Noey's in here chasing after him.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
They need to create more nangrai. Lakorns need good nangrais more than good nangeks because they are the one that makes the story interesting and the nangek more lovable. I.e Peun Paeng. If Yui was not great in her role, would we love Pooklook as much? I know we love her as an actress but would we love Paeng as much?

Noey is a good nangrai but they recycle her way too much

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you so very much to space4ny for her awesome translation!

http://websta.me/n/space4ny

"James Ji" aiming to to get "Yaya" heart.

This is the pairing that all drama fan will be very fin.    When actress "Yaya Urassaya Sperbund" circling to meet with actor "James Jirayu Tungsrisuk" for the first time.    In period romantic drama "NuengNaiSuang" from channel 3 every Wednesday and Thursday after evening news.    Other than seeing the acting skills of this hot koojin.    You can also listen to wonderful soundtracks that both of them sang by themselves.    First episode staring this Thursday by opening scene of "Yaya" who portrayed "Poom",the beautiful girl with no parents, riding gracefully with her friends cheering.    Then they going to bring the viewer to see and appreciate the beautiful decorated ballroom party.    Which will be the first time the they met. "James" portrayed "Nueng" the handsome son of a former renowned diplomat that just came back from study oversea and attending this party.    Every girls want to get to know him.    But after the first glance "James" falling in love with "Yaya" straightaway.    He forget that he knew her before.    On the other hand, "Yaya" deeply remember that "James" used to bullied her when they were young.    So she really doesn't like him.    But when they have to dance together at the party "Yaya" just ran away. That made "James" angry and embarrass. So, he picking a fight with her nonstop.    Drama fan who love this kind of story will have to wait and see whether or not he can get her heart. . "

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Once again, thank you to space4ny  for translating for us!

http://websta.me/p/990168381729252275_1552944839

From Pe Mam, the producer.

" Yaya worked on period drama for the first time.    She is good, she is very good. If you ask me, I think she is amazing.    She is very determine, when she intend to do something she will do it.   And when she came to work the first day, she can do it straightaway.   She know the rhythm and movement of her character.    And if you ask about the way she speak, I think she speak better than James.    I was surprised, Yaya is a foreign kid and this is a period drama.    The language is very difficult and this drama use complicated dialog, fighting each other with words.    Yaya got it and understands it.    She know when and where she should emphasise, better than James.    For James sometime he emphasise in the wrong place.   But Yaya did her homework very well.    These two is what they call public chemical, I thing who ever they work with they alway look lovely.    James can work with everyone, Yaya also can work with everyone too, It's a good match.    And people ask why I pair this two, and separate this couple, that couple.    I just want to give them a chance.    When we watch drama, we should watch it happily.    Don't have to be specific about who should pair with who.   Try something new.    It's not like when you eat bread you have to eat it with jam only.    We should try bread with chilli paste or with pork floss.    Try to mix it with something else, it might not be as good as bread and jam but it's a new flavour that you can try. "