[Ch3] Padiwarada (Good Feeling)

amieo1

sarNie Egg
jeanie1 said:
Focusing on the positive, Rin running down the stairs was really cute. She looked like a little kid. I have to give it to Bella, seeing her as Rin and Mekala. The difference between shy and in love Rin and confident in love Mekala is really something.

I see some are worried about the previews? Ok spoilers below to help you guys out since we're in for a rough ride the last few episodes.

Rin isn't thinking of suicide with the gun and quote. At least I don't get that from the summary. She goes to Siwawayt house to pay respect to Saran's dad. There she finds his gun that he used to kill himself and we get her line in the previews. While this is going on, Khun Ying Kaew is talking to Nai Ner about people who commit suicide and tells him there are 3 types of people who do this. I won't describe the types but its more words of wisdom/teachings from Khun Ying Kaew. So in between her descriptions, we see various people trying to commit suicide and they each fit her category and no Rin is not one of them. The people she's describing are Saran's dad, Khun Chai Narit, Duangsawat and I think Saran could fit in there too.

Remember in the beginning when Duang rejected him and he wanted to drown himself? Well Duang does the same but he saves her. Narit shoots himself like Saran's dad did and he does die.
Thanks for the spoilers..seem so intense….maybe Rin needs to distance herself lol..too much drama..how i miss the sweet scenes 

Mayji

sarNie Juvenile
http://pantip.com/topic/34812291
Hey guys. It had good analysis character'Saran that why Saran angry Rin.

Explain that..Now have many peoples was upset to Saran that why he does stupid or very angry to Rin over more although Rin does everything because love and have good wishes to Saran. But this is Cuase that why, Y thought why Saran was angry

1. That house is the place that his dad dies by kill himself , everbody not went to comeback that the place or can comeback but must to know before witch Saran not know before , so then he was shock.
2.He has an ego loves itself so much dignity. If y ever watched in first Ep that scene his boss ask to him why do yoy often at the risk of yr life and he said " I want money-reward, position, reputations, honor I want to it all ! , this story have background of Saran before , his dad is died and he lost everythin in his life also nightbor leave and mad Saran'family , Saran became boy of temple but he new create everyting in his life , graduate in university and good works is Palad as this position is respect in socailty. The first that He know history'Rin is not braralee (witch he already know) he still hold hand with Rin together , but when know Ris was Rapeephan'family , he is shock and release hand'Rin .....however he try to understand her when the time pass , he understand or accept background of Rin and return to Rin witch he force his mind so much that he must went to Rapeephan'house until when they met together in the last, Rin does everything by arbitrarily without told him before surely that he unacceptable especially someone said wellcome to Rin who is new House's owner ,glad this house comeback because good wife (it mean Saran had good life better becuase his wife who is rich) And Saran fail affront-his honor , high ego that it mean he try all create or redeem life for take it but this is helpless, also his wife is so rich although he will hard work all his life , he thought in the future although he will try to create honor and reputations but the peoples still insult him all the time Forever.

Ark that Rin is wrong? Not Worng becuase she not know in history'Saran and does everything so love and hopt to him had happy that this syory teach us know that it not just lovely will make they can understand in everything must it have the other too.

Ask that Saran is wrong? Not wrong. Because this event it heppen quickly and Saran not set to himself, must give the time him thought and decide so this promblem his history so big deep not just used 1-2 days for slove this promblem.

over all this point, Saran must had duty hunt to White-Tiger witch led to non safe to life of Rin , and he not surely that he will be alive comeback to Rin so then he leave from Rin live with her brother , better live than with him.

Thank y for the writer Khun Bauy Nanthawan witch her crate good new script and King Somjing'Director that he make this good drama give us watching Lakorn.

Dorry if mistakes in my massages , if someone better translate me, y can edit corectly.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Saran has a lot of flaws, I understand. However, I don't necessarily blame him for having so many insecurities. It still haunts him. It's beyond traumatizing falling from the stars to dirt overnight, from a wealthy and complete young boy to a bankrupt, shunned by family, friends, and society, temple boy. Why do you guys think Saran lives such a dangerous life as a Mayor in one of the most dangerous areas, voluntarily? He has fallen from the golden spoon he was born with and has suffered ever since, so in a way he feels alive when he's out there chasing bad guys, putting his life on the line, challenging the hardships. To face danger directly allows Saran to feel useful, valuable, and possess the ability to help others who are at the bottom of life versus the haunting event when his father went bankrupt, killed himself, and surrendered to life without considering anyone else like how his wife or Saran would live afterwards. Saran was useless in that situation with his father, so he lives his life so recklessly and on the edge because he's been surrounded with bad luck all along, it feels wrong for things to go right and especially when Duang dumped his booty, that confirmed his worst fears that you are a nobody without money and power. Saran is dysfunctional. He has some screws missing, which is completely okay. Saran is not only a strong provider for his family but he wants to be everything his father wasn't, responsible. He won't just give up easily just because it gets hard. However, Saran has been abandoned by everyone he loves. The only ones that has stood next to him is his mother and just like Saran said in one of the flashbacks, even though, Chalat is his buddy, but even then, they have so many gaps between them. In the end, Chalat is not family, but Rin is. Saran doesn't ever want to lose another family member especially not a wife, not Rin. I understand why he's hesitating and having an inferiority complex. It's very understandable. Just when Saran was able to let go of his past and move forward with the sunflowers in his life with Rin by his side, that peace and happiness is threatened. It's not that he doesn't trust Rin or doesn't know her good nature or thinks she'll change with money but we all know how much Rin loves her family besides Saran. Now that Rin's biological family has popped up and her father needs her to aid him back to health, Saran is preparing his heart for the worst that perhaps one day, Rin may choose duty as a daughter to her father and continue to care for him while slowly letting go of Saran. It's anyone's worst fears. All along, Rin has chosen her family over Saran, so what makes him think she'll choose him over her real family, now that they've been reunited? Rin chose Saran once but even then that was because Rin is a good person, so she couldn't go through with cheating the country. Even if Rin chose Saran, he knows she loves and wants to care for her ill father, so he doesn't ever want to place her in that situation. Yes, Rin may be happy with him but her heart is elsewhere, too.

I'm now watching Episode 12 and so far, part of why Saran feels uneasy with Rin being a Ratpitpan (if I even spelled that correctly) is because Rapitpan is one of various elements as to why Saran's family went bankrupt, so the nightmare just keeps getting bigger for him. I just wanted to say, I don't think it has anything to do with Saran feeling like he's not good enough for Rin now, now that she's a wealthy girl with a good background. Saran has never based "good enough" on monetary value or status. He knows that bad and fake people are actually amongst the wealthy. However, he just wanted Rin to be an ordinary girl like himself. To be ordinary is to be free. Saran has been rich before, he knows what type of expectations or principals people live by in order to uphold their positions in the elite society. He's done with that complicated empty life.

I, for one, enjoy the fact that Saran has HUGE obvious flaws like he can't protect Rin in some instances especially when it comes to Duang. In a way, Saran is done proving to people that he deserves love and respect. It's time for people to prove to him that they deserve a spot in his life and won't leave. Saran has been burned before. People who easily received his love betrayed him just as easily like Duang, so he's done chasing. And I'm happy that Saran, whether intentionally or not, allows Rin to gracefully fight for him, stand up for him, and love him with actions and words. I love a strong nang'ake and Rin is every bit of it. Once she falls in love, she bears the hardships with no hesitation and regrets. We don't need a perfect gentleman as pra'ake all the time. Saran is human. He's been through a lot. Yes, Rin, too has a sad past but at least she had good adopted parents who educated her, genuinely taught her very good life morals and lessons to live by, and made her life warm with love and peace with stability, which were things stolen from Saran at an early age. I'm happy to see a nang'ake like Rin and a pra'ake like Saran who bleeds, too. Society teaches us that men should do the majority of the protecting but in this case, I'm happy to see things in reverse. Saran is still healing from his old wounds. He can't fully protect someone when he's still bruised and hurt himself. Let the more complete one like Rin protect and nurture him back to life.

Okay, I'll write more later, gotta finish watching Episode 12.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I would be PISSED off if I were Saran, too. Before Rin decided to surprise Saran with a mini blessing ceremony of the home, she should have consulted with him, not just impose it down his throat especially when she knows how sensitive the issue is for him. And to have invited the relatives from his father's side who pretty much cut him off and are now just here because of Rin's invitation?! Saran has always had a chip on his shoulders because of his bankrupt past and father's suicide, that I would think Rin would be more thorough and considerate than that. I mean, Saran has only repeated it over 100 times on how much the past has changed him.

I understand Rin's good intentions, but I think the move was a bit too quick for Saran. Saran and Rin's home is that little house at the countryside, not Saran's old house full of nightmares and sad memories. Rin is already trying to change certain things in Saran's life like having him move back into his old house when Saran has always said that he's happy in the countryside serving the country as an honest man even though it may not be as luxurious as the city. The house they're living in is perfect for Saran. It's far away from all of the chaos and noise of the city plus it has all of the fond memories he and Rin built together as a family. It is that house that he calls home and wants to come home to every single day after a long day of work. That is what Saran means by being happy with Rin just being a maid or someone with no background, just an ordinary person like him.

I think Rin lacked the communication in this case. It's sort of sad because Saran was defending Rin when Duang was trying to stir up crap during their dinner together.

However, I think it's pretty sad of Saran to have perceived Chalat that way all of these years. Dude, if you have something to say, just say it. Chalat loves Saran and didn't deserve Saran hating on him because of reality or life obstacles. But I do understand where Saran is coming from, too. When you hate life, you're just bitter about everything even towards the people who love you and have nothing but good intentions. That's why I love Saran. He ain't perfect. He has feelings, he covets, he's jealous, he has a dark side too, he has wrong moments, too.

I guess, bottom line is, Saran doesn't want to be treated like a charity basket. He has hands and feet, he will build his own empire with his own sweat and blood without the freebees from people. He hates it when people insults him, disrespects him, and thinks that he's freeloading off of people, which is Rin, his wife. Why wouldn't he hate it? When his father died being a freeloader, a borrower, a debtor. His father kept borrowing money from Chalat's family and when it was time to pay the debts, he couldn't, so when Chalat's family had their lawyer contact his father to recover the debts, he killed himself that day. To think of it, perhaps Chalat's family could have been a bit more understanding?! Or softer in their request? I don't know. Somehow, Saran and his mother, although they don't blame the Ratpitpans for his father's death, but it's difficult not to think about it because they are related no matter what.

One thing we all have to give to Duang is, she really does know Saran in certain aspects like this house one in this case. Haha.

Saran just needs to heal and move on with his present towards his future. Although, I understand Saran, but he's a grown man. He knows that Rin is an awesome woman and like he said, he will not lose her no matter what. She is his last love, so Saran needs to use Rin's love to love back instead of continuing to be bitter about life. Saran is still sucking on sour lemons when he has the sugar like Rin to turn them into lemonade. Like Chalat said, Saran needs to worry about what he or Rin feels about him rather than worrying about what others think of him. Hahah. I would love to see how Saran bandages his old wounds and move forward. I love this lakorn. It's soooo freaking thorough. Every episode is super super good, never a dull moment.

The underlining message of this lakorn is a place called home. Saran lost that a long time ago but just recently found it with Rin at their small but cozy house in the countryside. Saran, like the plants in the garden, has already rooted himself there, so in a way, Rin should have known better or at least ask him before she does things for him. But you know, you learn from mistakes even in love.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I don't dislike Saran because of his issues even though I make fun of him being a drama queen. I understood his manpain but we had to part ways last episode because of one reason, his continued failure to shut Duang down and speak up for his own wife. Now Rin doesn't need anyone to protect her cause she can get snarky all on her own but it's the principle of the thing.

One thing I liked about this lakorn was that they took some very nam nao plots and gave it some fresh flavor to it but one thing remains the same old nam nao of every lakorn out there and that's how Saran is with Duang.

He's hurt, bitter and burned by love and all that good nam nao stuff but instead of taking it out on the person that burned him? He takes it out on n'ek but yet is perfectly nice and understanding to the chick that burned him and even lets her abuse and humilaite his wife, the person he claims to love, honor and respect. That's typical of dumb weak p'eks.

He seriously puts Rin through the wringer. He made her prove her love to him by setting her up on that test with Panit/Baranee. I was fine with that. But this episode with his conversation with Duang about Rin and her new wealth? It was like he set up another test for her and this time Rin failed it because she just didn't know all the facts. He refuses to tell Rin what's bothering him but has no problem confiding in Duang even after she dumped him which drove him to suicide. He has no problem calling Rin out when he thinks she's in the wrong but not once has he called out Duang when she straight up tells the entire world she lives to destroy Rin. He wants Rin to pick him over her family when he can't even pick her over Duang. How would he feel if some chick wanted him to pick her over his mom?

I don't mind the argument he had with Rin and Chalat. He had his good points as did Chalat. But I hate that he just stood there while Duang called Rin all sorts of nasty names. Or that he has no problem calling out his wife in front of Duang. At least keep it private instead of giving your wife's enemy, weapons to beat her with. It's disrespectful and I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between the way Saran treats Rin/Duang situation with how Panit brought his other wife to Baranee and expected her to deal with it. Except Panit clearly is a bad guy and we're not supposed to root for Panit/Baranee's "love" story and Saran is supposed to be the p'ek and we should want to root for his love story.

Compare that to the way Baranee was with Rin. She got nasty with Rin too but when the chips are down, she stood up for Rin. She put aside her hurt feelings to stand by her sister against other people and that's love. I'm ok with the "I can yell at you but nobody else can" attitude. I'm not ok with Saran's attitude. I'd be perfectly happy to explore Saran's issues and insecurities if he wasn't such a disrespectful spineless douchebag.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Haha, yes, Saran is the typical very weak Thai pra'ake who only has claws and fangs towards nang'ake but never nang'rai. I think I've stopped complaining about that wayyyyy early on, since this, of course, is a Thai lakorn. Lol If it were a Korean drama, oh heck naw. Duang would have never seen the light of day. Hehe.

The Thai pra'akes tend to have that spineless character trait. Haha.

Oh yeah, I'm not excusing Saran for the shameless and monotonous actions he allows and enables Duang to do like claiming to be his wife when he hasn't been the only man who has used that body, not recently either. Gosh! Anyway, yes, in that sense, Saran sucks! Haha.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
That's what so frustrating! Padiwarada doesn't quite feel like a nam nao lakorn except for this Duang thing. I want to be able to focus on Saran's messy emotions like you said. I feel like this lakorn has done really well with character and relationship development and it does focus a whole lot on the pranangs. The extras only add to the pranang's story not take away from it. Really I love most of the supporting characters except you know who. They really explored every emotion Rin and Saran have separately and together.

But I can't focus on Saran's issues when Duang's mug pops up everywhere like a cockroach. That confrontation Rin, Chalat and Saran had should've been private. Imagine if Duang had been there while Rin was telling Saran that she always wanted to be a Bumroomprachakit. It takes away the intimacy. Why did they take away from Saran's big emotional reveal like that? Cause all I could see was Duang's smirky face. It's a huge disservice to Saran. It should be about his inner conflict driving the story, not Duang.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Well, with 2 more eps left , I'll be happy if he just tell Daung that he love his wife lol if nothing else . I'm going miss this lakorn when it end ***sigh*** I need more bed scene & his big laddies killer eye to forgive Saran HAHAHA

sarNie Adult
I love the long discussions here! I love you guys! I actually have a long treatise too about Saran (which I typed in my phone while stuck in traffic. hahaha), but I think it's pointless to post it here now since it pretty much was covered by aiyaja's post. Saran's meltdown was not just about the house, it was also about his concept of a home. Rin is his "home" now, and he got hurt that Rin seemed to have missed the point that his home is now that little warm house they created. 

But at the same time, I agree with jeanie1, his meltdown would have been "forgivable" had he been strong against Duang and defended Rin against Duang. The girl broke your heart for heaven's sake. But plot wise, I think Rin would not have a chance to show her fangs if Saran was made to defend her against Duang. It's just sad that Saran would have to come off weak so Rin would come out strong. I'm stil waiting for a chance for Saran to stand up and put his foot down and finally shoot down (figuratively, if not literally  :lolyup:) Duang, but it seems like it ain't gonna happen. Saran is too sentimental and too "soft inside" as Duang had said. Duang for all her bitchiness was a big part of Saran's life and defined who he is. I think that's why he can never hate her. If you remember, in the beginning, Duang wasn't THAT evil too - i mean, she cried over Saran flirting with Rin before she went on full on bitch mode. And now, it's more of a personal vendetta that she has with Rin than actually going in and getting Saran back. 

I think the script writer laid down the basis well and explained why Saran is weak the way he is - Duang said whenever he was depressed, Saran just sat still. And that is what he did with Rin - he stood still while everything was getting chaotic. he just kind of shut down. On the other hand, Rin, for all her calmness, said that she was actually impatient. She moved when she was depressed (She cut the grass when she was mad! She cooked when she was depressed. She made flower garlands when she was anxious.) she knew what to do. in that aspect she is stronger than Saran. Together they will balance each other out. So I think it's not much about Saran letting Duang walk all over Rin. It's more of Saran having slow reaction time when he's getting emotionally distressed. But yes, I still do hope that Saran would be able to earn your graces. hehehehe. I hope he is able to redeem himself later on. I like his character actually. He's a very sentimental fellow but he knows how to love completely. Even though i want to whack him on the head with a pan. 

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
@Jeanie1 THANK YOU!! You've taken the words right out of my mouth.

Everyone can come up with reasons/excuses for their actions but at the end of the day action speaks louder than words. Duang continues to be a biatch to Rin bc Saran allows it. Duang continues to stir trouble between them bc Saran allows it. It's almost like subconsciously he is using Duang to destroy the forever happiness he could have with Rin.

How easily Saran forgives and forgets for what Duang put him through. For him to lash out at Rin for many of the things that he had experienced due to circumstances out of his control or in the past is completely b.s. and uncalled for. Anyone who deserves his lashing out should be Duang who has known his life circumstances but still CHOOSE to betray their so called "love" since childhood.

Is it just me that notice how easily he gets angry towards Rin compared to Duang for all the pain she put him through intentionally?

I don't think Saran has to be weak in order for Rin to shine through as a strong person. The writer and director could have given Saran a more balanced character especially when it comes to dealing with Duang's treatment of Rin. During the Svivat house drama, I was hoping that Chalat would tell Saran off that if he doesn't put Duang in her place than Chalat would gladly do so. If I were Chalat I'd not stand by and let my bil's ex disrespect and belittle my sister like that. I would not give Saran any respect since he doesn't seem to have any respect towards Rin when Duang comes into the picture. ***UGH UGH UGH***

He claims that him and Rin have become one heart but his actions so far say that he and Rin's one heart is more like North and South Pole from each other.

Ok, I'm done ranting for now. Lol

sarNie Adult
NOOOO!!! GO rant more krakatowa, i love discussing about this lakorn. I love how we are all drawing out perspectives on how the story is played out and how the writers made the characters to be. It's like we're in a book club. I don't think we can do this much in depth discussion in other lakorns, if you know what I mean. 

Speaking as Saran's lawyer  :wink: , I would say that he is touchy because he IS in love with Rin and he deeply cares for her that everything is so touchy. He's afraid of loving her completely, but it's too late. he already does. and it hurts. Duang's just a thing of his past so he's like muting her out. Okay just reading that statement I just made made me realize it's total BS. but still. Oh man. Saran is one tough client. So hard to defend him. Had it not been JJ portraying him, I wouldn't have loved him as much, i think. hahaha. 

JennieN

sarNie Adult
krakatowa said:

Everyone can come up with reasons/excuses for their actions but at the end of the day action speaks louder than words. Duang continues to be a biatch to Rin bc Saran allows it. Duang continues to stir trouble between them bc Saran allows it. It's almost like subconsciously he is using Duang to destroy the forever happiness he could have with Rin.

How easily Saran forgives and forgets for what Duang put him through. For him to lash out at Rin for many of the things that he had experienced due to circumstances out of his control or in the past is completely b.s. and uncalled for. Anyone who deserves his lashing out should be Duang who has known his life circumstances but still CHOOSE to betray their so called "love" since childhood.

Is it just me that notice how easily he gets angry towards Rin compared to Duang for all the pain she put him through intentionally?

I don't think Saran has to be weak in order for Rin to shine through as a strong person. The writer and director could have given Saran a more balanced character especially when it comes to dealing with Duang's treatment of Rin. During the Svivat house drama, I was hoping that Chalat would tell Saran off that if he doesn't put Duang in her place than Chalat would gladly do so. If I were Chalat I'd not stand by and let my bil's ex disrespect and belittle my sister like that. I would not give Saran any respect since he doesn't seem to have any respect towards Rin when Duang comes into the picture. ***UGH UGH UGH***

He claims that him and Rin have become one heart but his actions so far say that he and Rin's one heart is more like North and South Pole from each other.

How accurate is this. Yes, Saran have his flaws and own reason to be mad at Rin for the house - only the house.  But really, HE CAN'T EVEN STAND UP FOR HIS WIFE ONCE, ONCE! If he even be a man enough to tell Duang to shut her mouth and not interfere in his life anymore with Rin.  Wouldn't that be a good thing to start with.  But no, he will let Duang step all over Rin and even his MOM for godshake.  He have nothing to says to her.  He is stupid and weak.  Make me feel he does not deserve Rin.  Saran and Rin build up the love and trust and he did not take care of it.  Instead, he is the one who is destroying it.

I'm also mad that colonel wife during the party still see Duang as Saran's first wife - like really?? - Saran needs to set that matter straight

BTW, can someone translate the part with Rin and Duang confronting each other.  I make it out that the handkerchief that Duang wanted to give to Rin ending up back to Duang's hand because Rin was saying that she will need that to wipe her tears.  hahahaha I like the feisty Rin alright 

loveandpeace

sarNie Egg
jeanie1 said:
I see some are worried about the previews? Ok spoilers below to help you guys out since we're in for a rough ride the last few episodes.

Rin isn't thinking of suicide with the gun and quote. At least I don't get that from the summary. She goes to Siwawayt house to pay respect to Saran's dad. There she finds his gun that he used to kill himself and we get her line in the previews. While this is going on, Khun Ying Kaew is talking to Nai Ner about people who commit suicide and tells him there are 3 types of people who do this. I won't describe the types but its more words of wisdom/teachings from Khun Ying Kaew. So in between her descriptions, we see various people trying to commit suicide and they each fit her category and no Rin is not one of them. The people she's describing are Saran's dad, Khun Chai Narit, Duangsawat and I think Saran could fit in there too.

Remember in the beginning when Duang rejected him and he wanted to drown himself? Well Duang does the same but he saves her. Narit shoots himself like Saran's dad did and he does die.

I knew she wasn't going to kill herself (because she still has to get captured by the White Tiger and stuff), but the spoiler just made it look like it. Thanks, for the spoilers  :)

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
krakatowa said:

I totally agree.  I do understand where Saran is and his frustration, but he gets mad at Rin so much easier than he does at Duang, and he allows Duang to be thick face by not bluntly saying "stay away from me! and stop harassing Rin!"  I guess some people will say that he gets more angry at Rin because he loves her more and whatever pain she causes him (whether intentionally or not) hurts him more than what Duang does....but really? No, he needs to step up and protect Rin more.  He can have his insecurities and issues, but he doesn't have to be that weak.

But I still love him no matter what lols and I do love that Rin is stepping up and "throwing" herself at him like "LOVE ME!"  I would rape him lols jk, rape is not funny, I would seduce the anger out of him if you know what I mean wink wink wink lolololololssss

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
But Rin is so innocent. As she explained, she was not aware of Saran's past. Not even Chalat knew all the details. He was hurt too. How can Saran be so upset with Rin? And Rin felt horrible about it.

Duang is like an annoying fly that pops out of nowhere!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Off topic...ish but Bella's going to be in Bie the Star's new MV! :D 

Anyways, I give in too easily. Even though Saran isn't being the best husband to Rin at the moment, I can't help it but to keep forgiving him. My heart just can't stay mad at him. Hahha!! Can't wait for next week's episodes. I can't believe it's coming to an end!