[Ch3] Plerng Boon (Makers Group)

weehee23

sarNie Hatchling
My favorite scene is Tuerd (Louis Scott) crying his eyes out as he realizes his love for Wann. What scene. I was in tears. It has been great character development for him and for Pim. Wow to the whole cast. Janie as Rueng is making me hate and pity her so.

Louis is just outstanding in this role!!!
Same!! I loved it so much it was super sweet. And the scene where they were trying to get pim and rerk together, where they were “coincidentally” both at the restaurant at 2pm, had me lmao.

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
Peter is sadistic and evil. I feel bad for Jai Rerng. She's a bad person but doesn't deserved to get raped and live in fear everyday. :( I think Jai Rerng role is more of the lead character in here. This story is more about her life. I don't understand Thai. In the end what did she do with all the stuff she bought with the credit card? She left a letter. What did the letter say? Can someone translate? Thanks.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
The part where I was most sad was when at reung funeral. I guess they made this version her story. I do pity her. At the least I was more interesting to reung at the end then our mains or second cus they kinda bore me with the whole happy stuff, since it was like repetition of the same settings. I didn't like how they went with this episode because it was like happy then sad happy then sad again like I was in the mood of being sad with reung and then it switch over to being happy with the family and then it went back. Back and forth. And the whole baby thing at the end, it was too much. Cus baby for the third couple. Tard also had a daughter too and then Pim got pregnant at the end too. Too much babies for an ending. Idk I guess it was more sad than a happy ever after cus I just wasn't feeling the whole happy thing.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Peter is sadistic and evil. I feel bad for Jai Rerng. She's a bad person but doesn't deserved to get raped and live in fear everyday. :( I think Jai Rerng role is more of the lead character in here. This story is more about her life. I don't understand Thai. In the end what did she do with all the stuff she bought with the credit card? She left a letter. What did the letter say? Can someone translate? Thanks.
Idk what reung will said but to sum it up reung asked Pim if she could go back would she still be reungs friend? Her answer would probably be no. And that at the end of the day she realize that Pim was the only one who still stood by her even when everyone left her. She also said that who she misses the most is Pim and her son. I didn't translate everything but that was the gist of it.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
She drafted a will giving all the stuff to her son. That is why she usually had flashbacks of everything she bought it was also while she came in contact with or saw her son. I don't know if they intended the story to be told this way, but now to me it seems like she went through that living hell so she could have something to give her son, or it could it be that she realized she didn't have long to live and all of her material things would mean nothing anymore so she decided her son should have it.

Edit: Not done with the episode but I hope peter and suratin get punished. I don't understand how Suratin's wife could be with someone like that. How can you be with someone who pushes other women into hell like that?

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Well they probably made it Jai Rerng's story when they got Janie. Like her or not, she is to Ch3 what Aump is for Ch7, once Aff, Anne and Chompoo all left. And Bella is is from a way junior generation. There's absolutely no way they would've made Janie supporting a younger gen.

I know they were trying to make it seem like Rerng learned her lesson at the end and was doing everything for her son but I think it's gross. I hope Pim donates that stuff and money to some charity that helps sex abuse victims or something. She really wants her kid to live off her blood money? Here's a diamond ring to give to your fiance, kid. Oh yeah by the way your bio mom got it in exchange for letting some psycho use her. Like what???

And to me it also showed that she learned nothing. She still thinks that material things are important and the best she could offer her kid. She thinks that is what her kid would want? Really? Is that really honestly thinking about your kid? I don't really believe that's a gesture that says "I'm thinking about my son's feelings." It's more like I'm doing this so I can feel a little less guilty cause I did at least one good thing.

It would've been much sweeter to me had she just written a letter to her son saying something like the best thing I could give to my kid is a loving mom, dad, aunt/uncle, grandparents etc. Instead she literally left him a legacy of goods gained from rape and abuse.

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
The stuff she left for him should be donated to charity. I don't think her son will feel good knowing his mother was a victim of sexual abused and exchanged sex for all those materialistic things.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I think it's not that Rerng didn't learn her lesson. It's probably the only thing she is capable of doing for her son as she is near her end. I don't really know how to explain it.

weehee23

sarNie Hatchling
To me, it was more like she had nothing else to give so all the stuff she gave her son and pim was all she could give. She went way too far down her path, to try and become a good mother or a good wife. I believe it still shows that she learned something. She went from a person who would never give, never cared for anyone else beside herself, to giving her son literally all she had left. Even if that was just blood money. So in a sense, it wasnt the best she could offer her kid, but it was all she could offer him.

Here is everything, translated word for word in the letter, because thats how much this scene made me bawl.
She said to pim, in the letter, “if we could go back in time and be young again, would you still be my friend? Your answer would probably be no. That is the correct answer. But i want you to know, that the thing that is most worthful to me and means most to me, is our friendship. Especially on the days where i had nobody and nothing left, not even my self worth. You were the only who never left my side. Thank you for never giving up on me. In the past, i never did anything for anyone, never thought of anyone else but me. But now, pim and jo is all i think of. I think, what can i do for pim and jo? For jo, i can only try and fix, and can only give him what a woman like me could give to her son. For pim, i cant go back and fix anything. Except for.. sorry. Sorry for everything, sorry for seeing the worth of friendship, too late. Im sorry pim, my dear friend pim.”

Maybe i am just too forgiving. I always end up crying for the n’rais in lakorns no matter how bad their character is when they repent.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Another way I kind of see it is,

Jai Rerng knew she couldn't be a good mother to her child and she knew she wasn't going to live long, I honestly believe she knew that she would die soon at the hands of Peter or she would commit suicide. Remember this is someone on their last limb. We'll all see this different as it is a lakorn so there is no "real" interpretation of it. However, what if Jai Rerng (even though she admits to Suritin she doesn't know where to go) thinks that staying with Peter is something a person like her deserves? Then, at the end of the day the only thing she gained from it, is all these material possession and it is the last thing she could do for her child because she wasn't a good mother to him? Remember her state of mind and what kind of person she is, she doesn't think like normal people does. I still think the way they portrayed Rerng made her look truly mentally unstable because if you think back to it, the scene where Terd told her that his father died, how she reacted, thinking about clothes? What kind of normal human behavior is that? She didn't even try to fake sympathy. Normally, even if someone is so selfish, they will at least try to fake sympathy for image sakes, but Rerng didn't. Maybe, I am just reading too much into it and her character is just supposed to be a selfish person lol. Also, I hope Pim and Rerk doesn't tell the kid where the money comes from, except that his mother loved him and wanted him to have it. Also, even if he did find out later, how do we know he wouldn't cherish it and take it as a lesson on how material things just don't matter because his mom in a sick way sacrificed herself to build it for him?

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
for me I thought that the reason she gave her child those things were because she couldn't give him money instead. But it's jai reung, in the end she wanted to leave something for her child. She still a mother. And I know ya feel like her child wouldn't want those things but as he grows to mature he probably wouldn't think of his real mother as a bad person since he never knew her to begin with. At least he would have a good conscious about reung as his mother. That how I would think of it. Instead of all the negative things.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Well I do think the writer's intent was to have it come off like Rerng was sacrificing herself for her son but I just can't see it that way. It's all good, people all have different interpretations. So the writer succeeded with some and didn't with others.

Rerng said she asked herself, "what can I do for my son?" And that's the answer she came up with. But the way I saw it was if she had taken the "I" out of the question and thought about it another way it would be different. If she had instead asked, "What does my son need?" I think the answer would be 1. his bio mom or 2. nothing cause she could see how well he's been taken care of. If she came up with 1, then the obvious answer would be to improve herself but she didn't even try to do that, she just gave up. I think she did think about #2 but to make herself feel less guilty, she then asked what she could do. Which still makes it all about her.

It'd be different if the kid was starving or homeless. People who have no other options and go down that road is different. But Rerk's family is solidly middle-upper class, he's never going to want for any material possessions. So that's why I saw her last act as more about her than about her son.

what kind of person she is, she doesn't think like normal people does.
I agree. Which is also why I think her last act is still about her. "Normal" people wouldn't have come up with the answers she did. But the lakorn made it seem like her last act was the one "normal" and unselfish thing she did. But I see it as still coming from a selfish place and she's still messed up.

I think the writer just messed up the story because they stuck close to the novel plot-wise but changing Rerng's character. It didn't work. The BIG lesson of "Plerng Boon" was supposed to be that Pim made a mistake by helping Rerng and not using her brain. They straight up said the adultery mess was 1/3 her fault. They kept repeating it! And yet at the end, we're supposed to cry over the fact that Rerng finally appreciated Pim and what got her thinking about Pim and her son. But that only works if indeed Pim was right to help Rerng and Rerng was the only one in the wrong for not being able to see their friendship. Yet they kept saying Pim was just as wrong as Rerng.

I just don't think you can say Pim ruined her own marriage cause she was dumb and shouldn't go around helping people. But her ruining her own life and still trying to help Rerng after is what made this selfish person change at the last minute because it was the only thing she had. And that's sweet and touching and let's all cry. No it isn't! It's messed up. They wanted viewers to spend 90% of the lakorn bashing Pim for being dumb and then cry over how touching those same scenes were? That's just sticking to the same old nam nao lakorn message that "really good people" have to carry all the burden. The mistakes were Pim's to carry and Rerng's "redemption" is also Pim's to carry.

I'm not saying it's messed up that people cried either before you get me wrong! I'm saying the writer is messed up for manipulating viewers like this.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I personally never felt Pim was stupid, just very annoyingly good lol. There is that phrase where "Good people are stupid people." Because some people can't tell if some acts are good or just stupid. In Pim's case, she was too good that it made her come off as stupid to some people. Pim is luckier than Rerng in many ways. Pim had parents who instilled morals into her and didn't spoil her rotten. Rerng, even though her parents weren't bad people, they obviously spoiled her rotten and didn't focus on instilling morals to her. I honestly can't say I believe Pim had any part in really destroying her marriage. Sure, she kind of allowed Rerng to stay in her home, but ultimately it was Rerng and Rerk who decided to have sex. I don't like this blame the victim mentality. Is it wrong to trust your husband and friend? Even if you can't trust both, you should at least be able to trust one right? In this case, Rerk's love for Pim wasn't strong enough to withstand temptation (so, this is in no way Pim's fault), Rerng was bitchy enough to try to steal her best friend's husband (Not Pim's fault). Pim should have had better ways to help Rerng, despite Rerng having done good for her family. I feel that Rerng was a complex character in this lakorn, despite the intentions of the screenwriter and producers.

makeuptemple

sarNie Hatchling
She gave all her assets to Chai Jiran Pinitpan

She put them into rented room, give everything to Pim, bags, watches, jewellery set, and a gold bar in the bank to Pim and Pim wil decide what do to with them, She also left a letter to Pim, telling that she was lucky to be her friend, if she was reborn again she was not sure if pim wants to be her friend, she says the correct answer is no, and she wants pim to know that her friendship was the most valuable in her life, especially when there's no one left in her life, had nothing left, even self worthy that she's the only person who never left her, she's thanking her for never leaving her. she also tells in her past life she never done anything for others, & never thought of others but now Pim & Joe whom I miss & think everyday, think about what I can do for those two. As for my son I tried to do my amends and do for him the best for a woman like me,as for you, I can't go back in past and change it, except to apologize sorry for everything, sorry for seeing the value of friendship late, SOrry Pim, Pim my best friend, and she'll be a better mum to Joe than herself

Leesy77

sarNie Hatchling
Well, for me, I couldn't help but cry at Rerng's letter... It was really emotional in my opinion, and I felt for her... for her pain deeply. Yes, she was definitely a spoiled selfish brat that kept hurting Pim repeatedly but... Did she make up for it? To be honest, I don't really know. I guess the saddest part is that every single other character in the lakorn are living their "happily ever after", but Rerng is the only one who cannot. She can never even see her son again - and it becomes evident that her mother instincts have kicked in and she loves him - probably more than she has ever loved anyone.

And when we really think about it, in the end, she suffered more than Pim did. Even through the worst times of Pim's life, she always had people there for her, supporting her, and bringing her back to reality. But Rerng had no one. All she had for company were her valuable designer clothes, bags and watches - and by that stage she was already lost in the cycle of abuse by the ultimate villian of all. - I can't believe he gets away with it by the way? Like really? Of them all, he's the one that deserves to be punished!

Anyway, excuse my rant girls... I just wanted to get this off my chest as this drama has been an emotional roller coaster! The plot was a bit patchy, but the acting all throughout was good. And more than that, this drama really centred on true friendship. It makes us think how lucky we are to have people who love us for who we are, and really, their truce (and Rerng's realisiation of how much she cares) at the end becomes the root cause for my tears.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I went back to watch the scene of Rerng's letter to Pim & it's even more sad this time. That apology was sincere & full of regrets.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Does anyone else find it kind of messed up that the men didn't put in any real effort to help her? Think about it, if this were another situation and Rerng were a stranger, those pra'eks would have jumped in to help regardless of the dangers lol. However, I felt like they just kind of let it go because they do know Rerng and her history? I was like..... I know you guys hate her and all, but she is still a woman. Even if she did some pretty messed up things and got herself into the situation, did it warranty leaving her in living hell? Like I am over there thinking about all the scenarios where pra'eks meet nang'eks for the first time (I know Rerng isn't a good nang'ek lol), and like nang'ek is being chased or something and pra'ek always jumps in to help regardless of what is after her and regardless of if he knows she is a good person or not lol. I don't know, I know some thinks that she got herself into the situation and it isn't worth for them to risk their life and stuff for her, but I feel that they knew her situation, they should have tried.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I'm just so surprised by their ratings. Didn't think ch3 ratings could go this high. This is the highest I've seen for ch3 since Swan Bang.
Cr: yokpantip IG
IMG_2597.jpg

Beckkk

sarNie Egg
Does anyone else find it kind of messed up that the men didn't put in any real effort to help her? Think about it, if this were another situation and Rerng were a stranger, those pra'eks would have jumped in to help regardless of the dangers lol. However, I felt like they just kind of let it go because they do know Rerng and her history? I was like..... I know you guys hate her and all, but she is still a woman. Even if she did some pretty messed up things and got herself into the situation, did it warranty leaving her in living hell? Like I am over there thinking about all the scenarios where pra'eks meet nang'eks for the first time (I know Rerng isn't a good nang'ek lol), and like nang'ek is being chased or something and pra'ek always jumps in to help regardless of what is after her and regardless of if he knows she is a good person or not lol. I don't know, I know some thinks that she got herself into the situation and it isn't worth for them to risk their life and stuff for her, but I feel that they knew her situation, they should have tried.
I was thinking the exact same thing! Especially the scene where she was the hospital, Rerk didn't even try to help her.

Is there an episode that explains where Terd's daughter came from? She just popped out of nowhere at the end for me, but I've been skimming through the episodes so I think I missed it...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I was thinking the exact same thing! Especially the scene where she was the hospital, Rerk didn't even try to help her.

Is there an episode that explains where Terd's daughter came from? She just popped out of nowhere at the end for me, but I've been skimming through the episodes so I think I missed it...
I don't even know if it is Terd's daughter or Rerk's and Pim's daughter?