[Ch3] Raeng Pratana (Lakornthai)

Ninja007

sarNie Adult

Interview
Rang Prathana.
Hathairat Amorntawanich.
Because the novel RP caught attention of Khun Da Hathairat. So it becomes RP, the lakorn. The script had been adjusted from the novel, some thing had been removed but it makes the lakorn much more enjoyable. The most important thing is the cast. Khun Da chooses to take the actor/actress to put them in different role. So that it becomes something fresh and more interesting.

Talking about RP:
I like this novel. I read it long time ago. It's a novel of women's dream. Pra'k is a gentleman, the best, handsome and a very good guy. He's prince charming. On the other hand, Nange'k is different. She is not a typical nang'k. She throws tantrum, hot temper and has a
little rai character in her. It's a contrast. I feel that it will be fun to make lakorn out of it. The viewer will be cheering for the characters. Because there are a lot of things happening, making us wanting to know what happen next.

Why pick Kimberley for this role:
I want to change her ka. Since the beginning, she had not done anything like this before. With Kim, she did well. Since the first day, I saw it. She was prepared to be rai. But there are some moments that it still some adjustment. For example, she had to seduce the guy in some scene. She is still new with seduction. It needs experience. But if you ask me, I think it turns out ok. Maybe there should be a little more. But because it's Kim, it's SuArpa in her style. The viewer will probably like it.

I was talking to Khun Oui (the dad). He was joking why we give him such a rai daughter. I told him "What? Rai? She's not rai. She's cute... lol". He was like .. look look, she is so bad... haha. Like, I disagree, after reading the script, I don't think she is rai. She is adorable .. lol.

Alex. First time, being Rai too:
Alex has to grow up. In the past, he has lots of skill. But his body make him looks younger than Barry. The true is he's older than Barry. But in the lakorn, he has to be Barry's younger brother, which make it ok to certain degree. I think Alex is good. He has the will power. And his skill had improved. (We asked if his baby-face is out of place for being Rai). I think that he dress up. He looks more mature. With custom, his youth doesn't seem out of places. Because of his eyes. It gives you the right feeling. If you ask me whether I'm worry that the viewer won't believe Alex's character. I'm not worry. Because all the casts are very young, anyway. The kids in this generation. They fit the characters of this generation. Kim is about to turn 21. But in the lakorn, her character is like 22-23. It's not much of a gap.

Ninja007

sarNie Adult

How about Mint? How is she doing:
Mint. In ther beginning, I was annoyed. Because, she already turned Rai in GRGR already. In the beginning, she has to be a good person and turn Rai later. There are reason for her to be Rai. I see that she has some warm and soft characteristic, which is a good fit for this character. Her true self still lack some softness that Rawee needs. So we have to do some pushing. But after she turn Rai, I like her. She's modern Rai, not ancient Rai. I like it. I'm happy now. When starting, she may be a bit confused how to protrait a good chracter. We have to tell her to control her voice. push her. explaining the character to her. After that, it got into right places.

What about older generation:
The older generation is also very important. Because they drive the story forward. The 2 of them doesn't get along. When they mix up with the kids, they work together very well. It's fun to work with them.

Talking about the director, Paa Jaew:
Paa Jaew working well with the kid. It's a drama lakorn. with moments of sweetness. Romance is something that Paa Jaew is good at. We are close. So we work smoothly. Because of it's Paa Jeaw, the lakorn isn't too heavy. The main plot is already dark. But Paa Jaew present it as a light romance. So it's not too violent, not too heated. It's his style. Combine with the cast, it's a good combination because all of them are so young.

Location. Is it easier to find location because it just need hotel and houses:
For the location. for example, in GRGR, it has to be the beach, island, it's actually easier.. lol. For this one, the script said in the hotel, it has this and that. In the house, it has to be very rich and huge. It's a different challenge. Because the location is in Bangkok. There are a lot of lakorn being made. The houses available for shooting is limited. We tried to find new location. But it's difficult. We tried our best. If the house had been used many times before, we will have to pick a corner that look different. Not making it repetitive. It's difficult. In the story, he's an architect. It's not easy to find the right location. We have to pay attentionn into detail. Nothing is easy... lol.

Problem and asking for support:
Weather, rain, scheduling. Those are normal problem. Nothing new. In every lakorn, we face this same problem. The most difficult issue is the scheduling. It's difficult to gather the cast. Sometime, we got the location. but the cast weren't available. Or another time, the cast is ready. But we have to wait for the location. It's basic problem. In the end, we will get through this. When the lakorn air, I believe the viewer will enjoy.

I'd be glad if the viewer are happy. Don't be too serious. The cast and the crew put in a lot of work. They are really dedicated. The lakorn will be enjoyable for sure ka.

Cr: Kimberley home @pantip

Mells

sarNie Egg
Is there a Novel book of this Lakorn or not  ? If it's like that , please would you tell me the name of the book ? . Thank you :D

Ninja007

sarNie Adult
Is there a Novel book of this Lakorn or not  ? If it's like that , please would you tell me the name of the book ? . Thank you :D
Yes, there is a novel. It's called Rang Prathana.

The lakorn script has been modified from the book a lot. The book has a much darker tone to it, in the book, it's a tragedy. So, the script removed lots of unnecessary scenes.

NoixdeCoco

sarNie Egg
 it was brilliant. Mint is coming back in my good books. she was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to dull in phase 1  of her character, she was expressionless to a point i got frustrated. now i can feel something. the evil is coming out, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. nadech... nadech...fantastic, kim- i have now for the first time a girl crush, LOL. she is amazing. them together- i am in looove. you know what? i looooooooove everyone but Tae needs to wake up and fight. love makes her too weak bless her.loved the bff /side kick, Praew  as well. i am high on so much love so i need to calm down:)

Penelope

sarNie Adult
Ninja007 said:
Yes, there is a novel. It's called Rang Prathana. The lakorn script has been modified from the book a lot. The book has a much darker tone to it, in the book, it's a tragedy. So, the script removed lots of unnecessary scenes.

Do you know what kind of tragedy and what's included in the unnecessary scenes?

Penelope

sarNie Adult
Oh my, I heard that tomorrow's episode is gonna be 2 hours and 45 minutes!!!!

Yay!!  more Kim and Nadech scenes.  :heart:

Penelope

sarNie Adult
Yup, that's the rumor.

Can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode.  I really wanna see that scene where Rawee splashes water on her face and slaps herself.  Looks intense because it made Tae take her wedding ring off and threw it into Pit's hands.

LoveKimAnn

sarNie Hatchling
So we get to see more Pit and Tae scenes tomorrow. That is great new. Wow 2 hours and 45 minites that's a long ep. Yeah today's ep was shorter.

Penelope

sarNie Adult
Other than the wedding scenes, these were also my favorite scenes from episode 7.

This scene was so cute -- Pit enjoyed watching his lovely wife shaking her booty on the dance floor.  LOL.
cr:  as tagged.

Pit got jealous that Tae was greeting her guy friend.

Tae is happy that Pit still kept the t-shirt she bought for his b-day when they were younger.

Fixing her husband's neck tie before he heads off to work. :)

Her siblings and daddy showed up for lunch/dinner!  Such a loving/happy family.

Pit was so happy that Tae's family showed up at his house to cook/eat together.

Tae cooked something super spicy and Pit tried it and started to sweat -- he told his wife that he will continue to eat all of it...... aww!

He didn't want his wife to go to the club alone at all -- so he secretly tagged along with her -- he's becoming protective of his wife now.

The scene where Pit convinces Tae why she should marry him and he uses that lame excuse "I'm doing it for your dad."

The scene where Pit tells Tae "It's because I'm your husband!" (she has to tell him where she is all the time from now on).

And you all know that we all love this unforgettable scene the most!!

sillygrl1021

sarNie Egg
Penelope said:
Other than the wedding scenes, these were also my favorite scenes from episode 7.

This scene was so cute -- Pit was enjoying watching his lovely wife shaking her booty on the dance floor.  LOL.
cr:  as tagged.

Pit got jealous that Tae was greeting her guy friend.

Tae is happy that Pit still kept the t-shirt she bought for his b-day when they were younger.

Fixing her husband's neck tie before he heads off to work. :)

Her siblings and daddy showed up for lunch/dinner!  Such a loving/happy family.

Pit was so happy that Tae's family showed up at his house to cook/eat together.

Tae cooked something super spicy and Pit tried it and started to sweat -- he told Tae will continue finish eating all of it...... aww!

He didn't want his wife to go to the club alone at all -- so he secretly tagged along with her.

The scene where Pit convinces Tae why she should marry him and he uses that lame excuse "I'm doing it for your dad."

The scene where Pit tells Tae "It's because I'm your husband!" (she has to tell him where she is all the time from now on).

And you all know that we all love this unforgettable scene the most!!
love all these scenes :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ninja007

sarNie Adult

Do you know what kind of tragedy and what's included in the unnecessary scenes?
Thanks goodness. Things that they removed from the book:
After breaking up with Pit, Rawee married Don. Pit was really upset and got drunk. In his drunk state, He slept with another girl (his secretary) and got her pageant. So he had to married that 3rd girl.

Losing Pit, Nang'k left the country and married somebody else. Later, she found out that he was a gay. So she divorced and came back to Thailand.

After marriage, Rawee found out that Don was a sadist. So she went back to Pit and had affair with him. His wife got jealous and started taking sleeping pill and has mental illness. Later, she and the unborned child died of overdose. Don found out that Rawee had affair with Pitt. He got mad and beat her up. She murdered him and later killed herself.

Since Pit has nobody left, he end up with Tae. .. The end. :-(

Penelope

sarNie Adult
Wow, the book version was really intense then.  No wonder P'Da cut out some of those scenes from the book.  I wouldn't blame her because I want the pra'ek and nang'ek to be pure -- instead of being married to somebody else before.  I don't like how the book version made Pit get his secretary pregnant..... that would mean that Tae would have to be a step mother.  

The lakorn version is so much better!  I just hope the ending won't be quick and typical.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Man, glad they cut out those parts from the book, if that was in the lakorn, I will totally kill Pitt, what a dummy he is when he knew he loved Tae but got drunk because rawee married don? I agree Lakorn version is so much better. I hate pra'ek who loves a lot of women.