[Ch3] Rising Sun Series 1: Roy Ruk Hak Liam Tawan (Maker Group)

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Yup junemaikao, I would also love to see Takeshi and Seiko a little longer before the series end. Really mss them. After this lakorn, I think I will have to wait a little while longer before I watch another lakorn as I want to preserve these lovely couple in my mind!!! I really hope to see Mario and Taew in another lakorn. And in the meantime, I hope to see them attending events together coz I love their interaction ;)

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
YESSSS!!! That would be awesome. It would defintiely make my day!!! Another one of those that requires intense eye contact, hehehe!!! Just picture another round of Takeshi and Seiko!!!

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^hehehe, I feel like every scene is a favorite scene.
sorry phoenix81 I'm not sure what else they were trying to act out ><

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
phoenix81 said:
Thanks jjinxx. They were so cute :) Besides the Onsen, Could you explain what other things were they trying to act out?

junemaikao, you are welcome. I'll post more if I can find more videos of them!!
there were dragon ball, onsen, ninja, the 3rd one wasn't sure what they said so don't know, ramen (noodle), and the last one was geisha.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Thanks junemaikao for the translation. So the last one was geisha. I was wondering what Mario was doing. And they asked him to repeat, right? hehehe!!

By the way, is it a common thing in Thailand that the actors and actresses promote their Lakorns like how they did it in South Korea, Hong kong, China or Taiwan? It would be great if after Roy Fun, the four of them could come together once again to talk about Riisng Sun such as attending variety programs.

Missing our lovely couple very much. Hope to see them together again!!

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I really enjoyed Roy Rak and although I didn't watch every single episodes of Roy Fun, 'The Rising Sun' series really got me further interested in Thai dramas. It's really rare that I enjoyed all the lead characters in one drama alone. Not sure if there will be anyone visiting this thread after the series ended but I do hope all of you will still drop by and spazz about our Takeshi and Seiko.

As The Rising Sun series is drawing to an end, let's indulge our love for our lovely couple with the video below. All the pictures were really lovely. It didn't dawn on me until I watched it that both Mario and Taew looked like newly wed in those photos during the fanmeet. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgVPC1B43k
Credit: Meaw TopCat

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
Anyone watch the last ep yet?..I know takeshi come back to help Ryu..but was there appearance of the sweet, gentle Seiko too?

jjinxx

^ so it's true! Eeeeks! I saw p'Ja post photos on instagram and totally spazzed just thinking that Takeshi might have gone back to Japan to see and help Ryu! I hope that this doesn't mean he will get entangled in the mess there, but it's exciting to see him and possibly Seiko again!

Lazydramafan

sarNie Hatchling
You're welcome about the videos, phoenix81.

There is a list with some cut scenes from RRHLT without eng subs. Don't know if RFTD scenes from MT will be added or not latter on though.

Mario cut - Rising Sun
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXyGF8hW79kjn5DP_-3-vqImDfxsSmy3H
Credits to my dog

Do think Mario and Taew have their chances to be in the Give me 5 concert unless Taew’s schedule may not fit for it. And since Baifern seems to be no longer with Mistine (one of the concert sponsors) their chances seems to be higher. Also a new lakorn with them, it seems more about timing since both have busy schedules. I think Mario and Taew are a plan for success couple project by ch. 3, even before their first lakorn aired, they were put among other popular pairs on ch. 3 calendar's 2011 - http://wiki.asianfuse.net/index.php/File:Aaaktmnu.jpg Credits to wiki.asianfuse. But Mario's schedule is really complicated, also he was really tired last year filming two lakorn at the same time for the first time. Since her graduation, Taew is basically filming at least two lakorns at the same time on and on, but she is doing more events since last year. Maybe Mario will announce his new lakorn anytime soon or who knows... maybe in the Give me 5 concert. It seems Taew will be done filming LSR this month (those previsions can change) and she is already filming her lakorn in the Mafia series, so there is a chance. But usually, she does take some time to pair up again with her partners.

By the way, Mario’s sponsors had their presence in the Rising Sun series and watching RRHLT live made me know some more of his presenter products. Nice to see Taew launching her CM during RRHLT airing time as well. Also it was really sweet of her to hire ETC to play on her sister wedding, well the band that plays Takeshi and Seiko love theme song if some don’t pay attention to these things….

I followed and read interesting comments here, but couldn’t comment while RRHLT was airing because can’t control myself much when it comes to spoilers or sometimes trying to guess the storyline direction. So to respect those that don’t like this kind of things do try not to comment much until I can’t cause any spoiler damage, because censoring myself can be hard.

Since RRHLT’s first episode to RFTD last one, did not miss one episode live of RS series, so count me among those that followed up close both parts of RS series and enjoys their different styles and characters. In my humble opinion, Rising series is about the Onizuka family nor Takeshi's nor Ryu's love story, so that’s why some things are actually not strange even though they may seem confuse or have multiple possible interpretations. For those that found RRHLT’s end confusing, it has some of its meaning explanation between episodes 5 and 6 of RFTD. The reason why Yamamoto shows up in the very end it is because he is the real mastermind behind Riki and Sato’s actions + all the other bad guys in RFTD. The cycle did not end for the Onizuka family and Takeshi’s decisions left some consequences in Japan.

Seiko does not show up on RFTD last episode and they leave the door open if anyone wishes to make the third part of the Rising Sun series. When I may finish watching everything with eng subs, do hope to make some comments about both parts of the series, but even if their continuation style may not please some, it does make sense to me. Takeshi or Ryu’s love story matters when it is concern with the continuation of the Onizuka family mission. There is no right and wrong, but it means Tawan and Praewdao’s happiness has its meaning just outside the Onizuka family, because once they have contact with them, their happiness will be disturb…

Do love Takeshi for completing his mission unfinished on RRHLT, but he wasn’t only helping out Ryu…there are reasons why it is a no hugs farewell between the cousins…and before knowing all dialogues… it is difficult to comment about Rising Sun Series. There are many details that can change viewers interpretation about the storyline…

Also whenever a character will lose its bond to the plot, it is not strange that there is no closure, because it doesn’t affect the Onizuka family anymore. For instance, Riki planned to send Aiko to Hawaii to give birth there when Satoshi was alive, because no matter what they intended to kill Kenichi Sato after using him anyways. When Satoshi dies Riki’s plans about Sato doesn’t change, so that’s why Aiko is sent to Hawaii by force. Aiko chooses her love for Takeshi over being loyal to the Misawa family and her feelings were mainly important because her father and brother cared about them. Once Riki doesn’t care anymore, because his daughter can betray him because of Takeshi, her character has its ends. It is a men’s world time on RS series and if no man cares about you well…also her baby won’t affect Takeshi whatsoever since killing her love is not in her mind, so if Takao Misawa doesn’t care about Aiko ….then that’s it.

And about Satoshi’s death, it was better for Riki to die in denial; otherwise he would have to kill himself after killing Sato and so on. Riki fostered his daughter’s rapist and his son killer plus sent his favorite son to death…do think the script writer just left him die with a bit of his pride.

If someone doesn’t know it already the script writer of Rising Sun series shows up on RRHLT’s first episode, he is the master ceremony host at that event Takeshi has to attend after meeting Seiko for the first time. Now did someone else noticed that he is also the second person to get out of the train on that same episode. Seiko is the fourth person to get out of the train in that scene. Probably too much rewatching right?  Hope to be not alone on this, but can understand if I am.

jjinxx

^ thanks for sharing your insight! You helped me rethink about the storyline more and the characters' purposes. I have to remind myself that indeed, the books were written for the Onizuka men. And it makes sense that some loose ties aren't brought up if they don't significantly concern Onizuka anymore. Could you share more about what it means that Takeshi and Ryu did not have more of a hug-type farewell? I love delving deeper into characters!
How interesting that the scriptwriter appeared in the series too! I like when "behind the scenes" people get to make cameos, even as passive characters.

I just got done watching episode 12 for Roy Fun and, once again, the heart palpitations began when Instinct's song plays and Ryu turns Takeshi around! Mario is so darn handsome. And as always, he captivates me with his portrayal of Takeshi's elegance and his stoic charm.

Lazydramafan

sarNie Hatchling
I read Fia's recap about RFTD episode 12, so will have to wait for eng subs to elaborate more about that afterwards. But it seems that Takeshi is saying to Ryu that it's time for him to live like if Takeshi Onizuka is really dead. Ryu kept waiting for his cousin to come back someday until RFTD episode 9. Usually there is more than one possible meaning to this plot. When Ryu leaves with Mayumi, he seems ready to even die as well, but he tells Takeshi to go on living with his choice. It is a painful fact that if Koji, Ryu and Mayumi die, there will be nobody that knows about Tawan and Praewdao which mean they can be safe in Thailand without any worries about the past coming back to haunt them. If the Onizuka family ends, Tawan's life won't be affected by that, of course it does not mean that he won't care or feel sad, but nor his children nor his wife Praewdao will suffer consequences because of that and their safety increases as well. The fact that Ryu takes Mayumi with him to such a dangerous situation in Japan, leaves open to questions if he was really paralyzed again or if Takeshi is still the Onizuka Souryo in his mind and so on. To put Tawan and Praewdao's happiness above increasing Mayumi's safety (taking Takeshi with them or leaving Mayumi in Thailand), it makes more sense if Ryu still sees Takeshi as the Onizuka Souryo than to think he places his beloved cousin in a higher place than the woman he loves. But I can be mistaken about that and do need eng subs to confirmed if that's even possible or not.

About seeing Tawan and Praewdao's kids, I would have loved too, but then I remember that they are old enough to go to school, so they can talk and make questions...also Praewdao's reaction to Ryu and Takeshi fighting kendo, it can mean she wouldn't accept that well some influences that Ryu and Mayumi could bring into her children's lives...

Takeshi, Seiko, Ryu and Mayumi are strong in their own way. Female characters are quite interesting in the RS series and do hope to write my insight about some of them in RRHLT here. Reading your comments' jjinxx and others also made me see interesting and different interpretations too. 

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
Lazydramafan said:
You're welcome about the videos, phoenix81.

There is a list with some cut scenes from RRHLT without eng subs. Don't know if RFTD scenes from MT will be added or not latter on though.

Mario cut - Rising Sun
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXyGF8hW79kjn5DP_-3-vqImDfxsSmy3H
Credits to my dog

Do think Mario and Taew have their chances to be in the Give me 5 concert unless Taew’s schedule may not fit for it. And since Baifern seems to be no longer with Mistine (one of the concert sponsors) their chances seems to be higher. Also a new lakorn with them, it seems more about timing since both have busy schedules. I think Mario and Taew are a plan for success couple project by ch. 3, even before their first lakorn aired, they were put among other popular pairs on ch. 3 calendar's 2011 - http://wiki.asianfuse.net/index.php/File:Aaaktmnu.jpg Credits to wiki.asianfuse. But Mario's schedule is really complicated, also he was really tired last year filming two lakorn at the same time for the first time. Since her graduation, Taew is basically filming at least two lakorns at the same time on and on, but she is doing more events since last year. Maybe Mario will announce his new lakorn anytime soon or who knows... maybe in the Give me 5 concert. It seems Taew will be done filming LSR this month (those previsions can change) and she is already filming her lakorn in the Mafia series, so there is a chance. But usually, she does take some time to pair up again with her partners.

By the way, Mario’s sponsors had their presence in the Rising Sun series and watching RRHLT live made me know some more of his presenter products. Nice to see Taew launching her CM during RRHLT airing time as well. Also it was really sweet of her to hire ETC to play on her sister wedding, well the band that plays Takeshi and Seiko love theme song if some don’t pay attention to these things….

I followed and read interesting comments here, but couldn’t comment while RRHLT was airing because can’t control myself much when it comes to spoilers or sometimes trying to guess the storyline direction. So to respect those that don’t like this kind of things do try not to comment much until I can’t cause any spoiler damage, because censoring myself can be hard.

Since RRHLT’s first episode to RFTD last one, did not miss one episode live of RS series, so count me among those that followed up close both parts of RS series and enjoys their different styles and characters. In my humble opinion, Rising series is about the Onizuka family nor Takeshi's nor Ryu's love story, so that’s why some things are actually not strange even though they may seem confuse or have multiple possible interpretations. For those that found RRHLT’s end confusing, it has some of its meaning explanation between episodes 5 and 6 of RFTD. The reason why Yamamoto shows up in the very end it is because he is the real mastermind behind Riki and Sato’s actions + all the other bad guys in RFTD. The cycle did not end for the Onizuka family and Takeshi’s decisions left some consequences in Japan.

Seiko does not show up on RFTD last episode and they leave the door open if anyone wishes to make the third part of the Rising Sun series. When I may finish watching everything with eng subs, do hope to make some comments about both parts of the series, but even if their continuation style may not please some, it does make sense to me. Takeshi or Ryu’s love story matters when it is concern with the continuation of the Onizuka family mission. There is no right and wrong, but it means Tawan and Praewdao’s happiness has its meaning just outside the Onizuka family, because once they have contact with them, their happiness will be disturb…

Do love Takeshi for completing his mission unfinished on RRHLT, but he wasn’t only helping out Ryu…there are reasons why it is a no hugs farewell between the cousins…and before knowing all dialogues… it is difficult to comment about Rising Sun Series. There are many details that can change viewers interpretation about the storyline…

Also whenever a character will lose its bond to the plot, it is not strange that there is no closure, because it doesn’t affect the Onizuka family anymore. For instance, Riki planned to send Aiko to Hawaii to give birth there when Satoshi was alive, because no matter what they intended to kill Kenichi Sato after using him anyways. When Satoshi dies Riki’s plans about Sato doesn’t change, so that’s why Aiko is sent to Hawaii by force. Aiko chooses her love for Takeshi over being loyal to the Misawa family and her feelings were mainly important because her father and brother cared about them. Once Riki doesn’t care anymore, because his daughter can betray him because of Takeshi, her character has its ends. It is a men’s world time on RS series and if no man cares about you well…also her baby won’t affect Takeshi whatsoever since killing her love is not in her mind, so if Takao Misawa doesn’t care about Aiko ….then that’s it.

And about Satoshi’s death, it was better for Riki to die in denial; otherwise he would have to kill himself after killing Sato and so on. Riki fostered his daughter’s rapist and his son killer plus sent his favorite son to death…do think the script writer just left him die with a bit of his pride.

If someone doesn’t know it already the script writer of Rising Sun series shows up on RRHLT’s first episode, he is the master ceremony host at that event Takeshi has to attend after meeting Seiko for the first time. Now did someone else noticed that he is also the second person to get out of the train on that same episode. Seiko is the fourth person to get out of the train in that scene. Probably too much rewatching right?  Hope to be not alone on this, but can understand if I am.
you are not the only one...i am too re-watching this RRHLT many times already...didn't really watch RFTD though...i'm the first part of RS type of person...romantic.

jjinxx

Sigh. Goodness, if Praewdao's kids started getting excited about kendo and learning japanese culture, that sure would make things difficult on her and the others. over all, a thoroughly amazing plot line for us to build off of.
I did enjoy watching Takeshi and Ryu's final exchange, with Takeshi assuring Ryu that his heart and soul are fully Onizuka, and that counts just as much as blood.

I understand lazydramafan's reasoning about the point of the plot is to keep the Onizuka family line going, that is why there would be a part three to the book series. It's like a final solidifying of the family, to join Takeshi's and Ryu's kids in marriage. How interesting that would be to watch.