P

PrincessKarina

Taew and Bomb were a weird physical pairing per se. But theirs were the most interesting to me. Taew carried the whole serie and won an award or two that year. And their part got the highest rating out of all the brothers despite Bomb being the weakest actor of them all! Yes Taew deserves all the credit for their serie. At least you watched Taew with Mario and Nadech with some FF but I couldn’t even watch Bella with FF even if I tried. Lol @Koy123 :p

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Taew and Bomb were a weird physical pairing per se. But theirs were the most interesting to me. Taew carried the whole serie and won an award or two that year. And their part got the highest rating out of all the brothers despite Bomb being the weakest actor of them all! Yes Taew deserves all the credit for their serie. At least you watched Taew with Mario and Nadech with some FF but I couldn’t even watch Bella with FF even if I tried. Lol @Koy123 :p
I used to like watching Teaw, but got tired of her. Don’t think I can fully watch any of her future lakorns.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Great! My favorite serie was Bomb and Taew’s! Khunchai Pawonruj was my second favorite! Khunchai Ronnapee came third! I couldn’t stand Bella so JJ and her part was the only serie I didn’t finish! I finished all the other four! And no I’m in the minority and not watching Pope or Bella’s current lakorn. I don’t click with Bella. :p
Haha. I've read some good reviews on this series. Khun Chai Ronapee seems to be the favorite, but I'll probably watch Bella's after Pope's. Haha. Who knows though I might just watch it all.

P

PrincessKarina

Haha. I've read some good reviews on this series. Khun Chai Ronapee seems to be the favorite, but I'll probably watch Bella's after Pope's. Haha. Who knows though I might just watch it all.
Sounds good. I couldn’t watch them all. I watched all the series a few times each except Bella and JJ’s part. I just don’t click with Bella. I tried numerous of times. She was so dramatic I got tired. Lol.

P

PrincessKarina

I used to like watching Teaw, but got tired of her. Don’t think I can fully watch any of her future lakorns.
It’s all good. That happens. I kind of liked watching Yaya and Kim years ago. I got tired of these two. I cannot stand watching them now. I could relate to what you said. Lol

sarNie Adult
Oh gosh, Pope and Bella's acting in here could definitely have used more polishing. Haha.
Actually Pope was pretty good, I think. His character was just very soft and melodramatic. He didn't get to show his bravado and stern manly man charm with Pawonruj. Pope's crying scenes were the best (Pope and his manly tears hahaha) in the series, in my opinion.

Kronkaew, Bella's character on the other hand was quite the damsel in distress. I think the Bella struggled a bit with such a weepy and naive character. But I still think she did pretty well considering she had to pull up James who was a newbie back then. Both Pope and Bella were paired with first-timers, so to speak, and to think it "worked" is partly due to their good acting abilities. Of course they have improved too a lot, in my opinion, especially considering they got more roles after this series.

Personally, Puttipat is my favorite part, just for the lightness of it. But Puttipat would not have worked as well if not for the basis laid down for it in Pawonruj.

P

PrincessKarina

I just couldn’t watch Bella in here. Oh my goodness! Lol. I tried watching Puttipat numerous of time. I dropped it every time! I cringed whenever Bella’s scenes came on especially her crying! I agreed she struggled with her character. JJ, JMA, Bomb and Mew all did too but these were newbies at the time. Yes Bomb was the worst! Lol. But I thought Pope did pretty OK especially with his flawless realistic crying scenes! I also agree each serie build up the next part and it got better each time! That explained in a way how the last two parts scored the highest rating! With my girl Taew’s serie at the top! ;) Even downplaying her physical appearance in here Taew managed to win many hearts as the fierce, forester, and tomboy Soifah!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Elaborate on what you meant please.
They're so stiff! Haha. Especially Mew. Her body language is very awkward at times and she has a very delayed reaction. Maybe it's her Thaan Ying character, but I feel like she takes forever to react to the other actor. It doesn't come off natural. Same goes to Pope, except Pope does a better job at his facial expressions. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still watching it as I'm still interested. Haha.

Edit: I just realized I wrote Bella on my first comment. . . um I meant Mew. Hahahah. I apologize. Bupphae Saniwaat is still fresh in my mind.

Last edited:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Actually Pope was pretty good, I think. His character was just very soft and melodramatic. He didn't get to show his bravado and stern manly man charm with Pawonruj. Pope's crying scenes were the best (Pope and his manly tears hahaha) in the series, in my opinion.

Kronkaew, Bella's character on the other hand was quite the damsel in distress. I think the Bella struggled a bit with such a weepy and naive character. But I still think she did pretty well considering she had to pull up James who was a newbie back then. Both Pope and Bella were paired with first-timers, so to speak, and to think it "worked" is partly due to their good acting abilities. Of course they have improved too a lot, in my opinion, especially considering they got more roles after this series.

Personally, Puttipat is my favorite part, just for the lightness of it. But Puttipat would not have worked as well if not for the basis laid down for it in Pawonruj.
Haha. I'm sorry I meant Mew. I haven't seen Bella in here yet. She's next though.

sarNie Adult
Haha. I'm sorry I meant Mew. I haven't seen Bella in here yet. She's next though.
Fair warning, Bella's character is lovable in episode 1 (when she and Puttipat still haven't met) then they'll have this whole damsel in distress dynamic, it's annoying you'd want to throttle her. BUT it gets better at the end of episode 4 onwards. That's my opinion. I don't know if it's going to work for you and @PrincessKarina too. The heroines in the Jutathep series aren't really written well, except maybe for Soifah who has more spunk than the rest.

Mew's character is pitiful and spoiled but that's supposedly part of the whole Pawonruj x Rasa love dynamic as Chai Ruj comes off as this sweet doting lover archetype who will be loyal to her unlike the Noble bastard that is the villain (It's a question of who is more "noble" - one who is noble by blood or one who is noble at heart. That is the central theme of Khun Chai Pawonruj) While Rasa is the one who will love him no matter what. (I.e. her theme song which goes something like "You're not perfect but I love you). The acting of Mew gets better after they return to Thailand. Note also that Pawonruj is the longest part with more than 10 eps.

Chai Pat, surprisingly would be the chauvinist ass archetype. SERIOUSLY. Feminists will be lining up to whack him on the head hahaha. Except he's too cute so he gets forgiven hahaha. his theme song is the one that goes "I am a man who would fight for your honor" (Chicago's Glory of Love) hahaha so Kaew comes off as a damsel in distress in some parts to feed on this. I'd say off all the brothers, Chai Pat is the most traditional and old skool. (Read: anti feminist). Although his alphaness is downplayed since he's the nerdy one who is a "virgin" so to speak, in terms of love.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Fair warning, Bella's character is lovable in episode 1 (when she and Puttipat still haven't met) then they'll have this whole damsel in distress dynamic, it's annoying you'd want to throttle her. BUT it gets better at the end of episode 4 onwards. That's my opinion. I don't know if it's going to work for you and @PrincessKarina too. The heroines in the Jutathep series aren't really written well, except maybe for Soifah who has more spunk than the rest.

Mew's character is pitiful and spoiled but that's supposedly part of the whole Pawonruj x Rasa love dynamic as Chai Ruj comes off as this sweet doting lover archetype who will be loyal to her unlike the Noble bastard that is the villain (It's a question of who is more "noble" - one who is noble by blood or one who is noble at heart. That is the central theme of Khun Chai Pawonruj) While Rasa is the one who will love him no matter what. (I.e. her theme song which goes something like "You're not perfect but I love you). The acting of Mew gets better after they return to Thailand. Note also that Pawonruj is the longest part with more than 10 eps.

Chai Pat, surprisingly would be the chauvinist ass archetype. SERIOUSLY. Feminists will be lining up to whack him on the head hahaha. Except he's too cute so he gets forgiven hahaha. his theme song is the one that goes "I am a man who would fight for your honor" (Chicago's Glory of Love) hahaha so Kaew comes off as a damsel in distress in some parts to feed on this. I'd say off all the brothers, Chai Pat is the most traditional and old skool. (Read: anti feminist). Although his alphaness is downplayed since he's the nerdy one who is a "virgin" so to speak, in terms of love.
Haha. Thankyou for the precaution. As long as her character isn't dumb. Or is she?

KC Pat is really an anti-femist. Haha. He's such a pessimist in KC Ruj.

sarNie Adult
Haha. Thankyou for the precaution. As long as her character isn't dumb. Or is she?

KC Pat is really an anti-feminist. Haha. He's such a pessimist in KC Ruj.
Well......... Bella's character, Kronkaew, was pretty dumb in episode 2-4. and that is AFTER the Q&A portion in the pageant hahahaha.

Like we could have cut the chase if she were just more smart about going about her dilemma ... but hey! If she took a shortcut, we wouldn't have "character development" haha. Strangely enough, the screenplay writer tried to show Kaew's "strength of character" by making her do dumb things. But I may be just jaded. i think the character is supposedly a country lass who is young, naive, pitiful, scared, alone and all that jazz so she acted the way she did. (And P'Chai Yai explains she was just trying to survive and not trust anybody so there)

One thing going for Puttipat is he's consistently bitchy. Haha he openly and consistently rejected the N'Rai.

P

PrincessKarina

They're so stiff! Haha. Especially Mew. Her body language is very awkward at times and she has a very delayed reaction. Maybe it's her Thaan Ying character, but I feel like she takes forever to react to the other actor. It doesn't come off natural. Same goes to Pope, except Pope does a better job at his facial expressions. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still watching it as I'm still interested. Haha.

Edit: I just realized I wrote Bella on my first comment. . . um I meant Mew. Hahahah. I apologize. Bupphae Saniwaat is still fresh in my mind.
Agree! They were super stiff! Yes Mew was a newbie so I gave her a pass in here! Lol