Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
James and Mint really compliment each other. They really match. Hope they pair up again soon! :)

Off topic, but I showed my dad the Ma Cherie Photo Diary of Suparburoot Juthatep and he said that James Jirayu looked the best. LOL. 

itzdao

sarNie Hatchling
They do look cute together! But I'm getting kind of tired of seeing JMA doing promo events and not filming a lakorn. I don't know what it is about those promo events, but after a long while, I start to feel sorry for the stars because somehow they look kind of lonely and bored, even with all their fans surrounding them for pictures and autographs...I guess cuz they'd much rather be filming a lakorn! And plus I'm seeing his face so much on IG lol. The new new feeling is wearing off, and plus not knowing if N' Mint will be in his new lakorn with him is eating away at me. If they don't have another lakorn together, they will become a thing of the past and all we'll have are the cute clips from KCR and all the talk shows they did together.....which will eventually get old and fade with time.

As for N' Mint, I guess it's time to post pics and videos of her with Pupae from now on lol!!! Cuz deny it all they want, who goes on all these foreign trips and private birthday parties with you homegirl?? It ain't JMA lol!!!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Review time...

Khun Chai Taratorn

Storyline-wise: At first it did sound pretty intriguing with the whole dressing up as a man to look after her dad but when it actually got to that, there wasn't much taking care of the dad other than getting him to take his medication (just the one time). A lot of the time was Preem and Mint walking around with Great. The dad didn't seem at all worried about his daughter's safety and just said "after you come back you'll be more mature" well if your daughter was following dangerous men, you should have done something about it :rolleyes1:

Pairing: Really weird for me to watch Preem, she's 2 months younger than me and for all of my lakorn watching years, I'm used to watching people older than me. Plus, she's paired with Great who's a little more than a decade older than her. As handsome as Great is, I wouldn't want to be paired with him. There was that one scene where he had to give Preem CPR and I think I cringed a little, plus it was real mouth to mouth. I was really uncomfortable watching these two in the wood together, sleeping in his arms. She's underage and he's nearing his 30's. Preem without makeup really looks like a kid. Best part of this lakorn was the Diew and Mint pairing. Not only it was awkward to watch Great and Preem, they're relationship in this lakorn put me to sleep. Diew and Mint that the funny and touching scenes. The one scene where Diew has a dream of pork buns and in his sleep he grabs Mint's breast, that one had me and my grandma cracking up for a long time.

Overall feeling: Makers Group used to be one of my favorite productions but it has definitely gone downhill over the years and became a hit and miss company. For a lot of the time I wished this lakorn to be over, it was boring, nothing special. Definitely the weakest out of the series. But if you want to watch and understand the series, you have to at least skim through this to understand the Tewaprom/Judathep thing. 

Khun Chai Pawornruj

Storyline wise: The storyline was very appealing and sweet. Like Khun Chai Yai and Maprang, Ying Taew and Chai Ruj were childhood playmates. However he doesn't remember her when they meet as adults. Ying Taew lets him think she's a regular woman and not royalty. Of course this is a storyline that induces pain once the truth is revealed and they spend quite a few episodes on Chai Ruj being mad but I think it was worth it. The heart wrenching scenes of him having to push himself away from Ying Taew was brilliant. It gave a deep edge to the characters and storyline. 

Pairing : I really liked this pairing. Pope and Mew have chemistry and they also look really good together. They were really good with all the dramatic scenes. Especially that back hug in the kitchen, so full of tension.

Overall feeling: People usually think Good Feeling is a crappy company because of the crap they have made over the years but they did a wonderful job here. The setting was gorgeous, makes me really want to visit Switzerland one day.

Khun Chai Puttipat

Storyline wise:  I really enjoyed all the crazy things Kaew had to do just to stay in the hospital. Things were straightforward, quick paced.

Pairing: James and Bella seem to have gotten a lot of love because of this lakorn. I'm not joining the bandwagon though. I didn't really feel that much of that chemistry and looks wise he looks like her little brother. I like these two, just not as a pairing.

Overall feeling: The more I think about it, Paa Jaew ruined Wanida for me with his lakorn style. Also with Toranee Ni Nee Krai Krong. Then I realize that I'm am bored out of my skull with this lakorn style. Feels too nam nao for me. This lakorn was good but nothing overly special for me to rave about.

Khun Chai Rachanon

Storyline wise: I would have to say that this one was the most interesting out of the 5. There were so many twists and turns with the plot. Some you could see coming, some just smack you in the face.

Pairing: Taew is way too small for a giant like Bomb. The hug at the end made me laugh since he had to bend down really low and she had to reach up really high. They had the cute chemistry though.

Overall feeling: I love the way P'Off directs his lakorns. They are just so different from other productions. This lakorn would have to be my second favorite.

Khun Chai Ronnapee

Storyline wise: Another one of those forbidden love type of lakorns. It's really quite beautiful, the way the lakorn unravels. It was wonderfully done the part where the truth about Chai Pee is revealed. Your heart will definitely ache during the last few episodes. So much pity for the pairing in this one.

Pairing: Surprisingly I really liked this pairing. James and Mint are just so sweet together (I might even like her better with James rather than Mark). They're chemistry is explosive.

Overall feeling: Like some have said, this lakorn does have a depressing feel to it. Indeed it does, I feel like there is a dark cloud over this lakorn for a lot of it. Especially with the "Atit Up Saeng" song, that song just feels super depressing, It's kind of like a horror story type melody. I was really expecting Rampa to be more evil but she was just mediocre.

The Actors

I'm going to start with the 3 newbies, James Jirayu, Bomb Tanin, James Ma. Out of the 3 surprisingly I would say James Ma is the more talented one. He really good for a newbie, in fact I'm surprised. His acting is at the level of someone who's been acting for a few years. James Jirayu is good but he still has some room for improvement but with his baby face and acting, he did a really convincing job as a doctor. Bomb is just WEAK as an actor. He only has 2 expressions and both involve a smile BUT he's just so charming onscreen, I can't help but smile when he smiles. Looks wise James Jirayu takes the cake. I love guys with baby faces. Bomb Tanin has the cutest smile but URG his eyes... James Ma just has the p'ek aura about him, he's so manly onscreen.

Surprisingly Great is the oldest when Pope is older and looks older. But Great takes charge in this role, he's very manly and shines as the eldest. I have nothing to say about their acting since they're fabulous as usual.

This series was well done, very detailed and I really enjoyed it. I do wish it was shorter like the 4 Hua Jai series because the 5 lakorns are almost at the length of a normal lakorn. By the time I got to the last lakorn I was exhausted and didn't want to continue.

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
I AGREE Out of all 5, Chai Ratchanon was the best. It had that laughter, and humor, and sweet scenes of Chai Ratchanon and SoiFah. Loved it all.

itzdao

sarNie Hatchling
I think Mint sang hyperopia & timeless love really well here, even if it might be auto tuned but oh well, I love her confidence here.
Be great if she could sing good like this consistently lol! But I am totally digging Mint's Timeless Love version :dance1:

http://youtu.be/JSXQnOY9Yhg

cr: Nunui Naku

Nanciie

sarNie Egg
Just wondering are there any similar lakorn like the second story of this series? If so can u name some.... I guess I'm kinda looking for some melodrama-love type of story

fun

Expired Sarnie
You know Chalida can be train to be a professional singer. If you have seen and heard her in her first performance of ever singing, you would cringe but as time pass by, she has greatly improved her vocal. I think it had to do with her vocal lesson (she took classes to improve her Thai enunciation and how to project her voice). 

Anyway I am just watching clips of Khun Chai Rachanon and Ronnaphi and I must say I miss this series.

Reactions: Mae

Mae

sarNie Adult
Can anyone translate the uncut ending of Khun Chai Rachanon? It looks so funny, but I don't know Thai. Khun Chai Rachanon was my favorite of the series, but of all the brothers I loved Khun Chai Yai's personality the most.

I wish there was a Suparburoot Jutathep II - I miss the five brothers!

Reactions: fun

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
fun said:
Say what!!! A uncut ending for Khun Chai Rachanon lol I was cheesing the whole.entire time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwVRHoR5Cg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlUwVRHoR5Cg

OMG why did they cut this?  TUMMAI? :(

Anyways, I finally finished this series... and I love it to pieces.  All the gentlemen and their stories were great, but my faves has to be Pee & Lek's.  I super regret watching and completing this lakorn so late.  boohoo.  I would not mind at all if there was to be a second series.. please, pretty please :)  The whole cast was great, including the pairs, the wardrobes, and the osts.  Sigh, I went through too much with this series though :p

Sigh, I need to find myself a gentlemen now.  Can I get a pilot like Pee?  hahaha,

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I love Pee's character because he was always stating that Kwan was his "woman" hehe.  I love guy characters who always constantly state that, just like Wu Weiji from Sound of the Desert, he fights for his woman and always makes that statement :p  They're both willing to give up everything too, just for their woman and love.  Sigh..., so romantic.

James did a fantastic job, considering that he is a newbie.  He looks great in his uniform too.  I have a thing for men and uniforms, suits too but... hehe :p