AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
lenlin said:
I hear ya about MJ.

I didn't understand why they made Thiti sleep with Nee either. I don't know how many versions of SSP there are, and I never read the novel, but in the version wih Tang and Namfon, he didn't sleep with her (at least not in the beginning). I'm not sure now if he did later on when he found her again because there was a scene where they were in bed together, but from memory, I'm pretty certain they were fully clothed.

Looks like people have mixed opinions on whether Thit and Nee slept with each other in Tang and Namfon's version... :lol: I've heard from some people who think they did. Personally, I think they didn't do it. It's not in Tang's Thit character to do that before marriage. :D As for that scene of Tang and Namfon's Thit and Nee on the bed after he found her, I haven't seen it, but I heard that they didn't do anything. :blush: Thank goodness. :phew:

fun said:
Somehow it is acceptable in lakorn. My ex co worker now friend older sister ex boyfriend wanted to date her after her sister broke up with him, 3 years later he asked her to be his gf. She knows that her sister and him had been very intimate during their courtship of 2 years. 

That is just morally wrong. I know sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with but when you know that it is your sibling's ex and they have been intimate, that just disgust me. 

I FF a lot today and now landed on episode 14. Maiko, I think the best part of the lakorn is the first 8 episode. When Nee started her killing spree that was what drove me off. This lakorn had so much potential but it's too late so I will just enjoy Tithit and Gan. Although I am not a fond of Ngao Jai, but I am excited just to see Vill and Toomtam. I didn't really like nang ek so I hope Vill can make me like her in the new version.

Oh, gwarsh, that's just so awkward and weird, Fun! Regarding your friend's story. :sick: Gah, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want to go through an uncomfortable situation such as that one. But like you said, we can't help who we fall in love, so we shouldn't focus on our significant other's past; what matters is their present actions. :strong:

Aw, episode 14 already? Yep, best part of the lakorn is the first 8 episodes. I know! It had so much potential, but the scriptwriter totally ruined everything after Nee's return; that's when everything went downhill for me. :annoyed: :rant: My version is a whole lot better, even with her return. <_< I wish they hadn't turned it into the typical Exact storyline. Urgh.

From the book summary, I'm not fond of Metinee/Maytinee in Ngao Jai as well, and I'm worried I may hate Vill's Metinee...like I hated her Beauty/Lallalit character in Ley Nang Fah. *Groan* Hopefully, Vill's Metinee is likeable and tolerable. :spin: As for NJ itself, hah, for all the wait and misery they're putting us through, it better be worth it. :smack: I want to know how it will differ from the book and from Kob and Brook's version.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
fun said:
Somehow it is acceptable in lakorn. My ex co worker now friend older sister ex boyfriend wanted to date her after her sister broke up with him, 3 years later he asked her to be his gf. She knows that her sister and him had been very intimate during their courtship of 2 years. 

That is just morally wrong. I know sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with but when you know that it is your sibling's ex and they have been intimate, that just disgust me. 
I feel the same. I can't understand why some people don't find it icky. Yes, you're not related to them, but someone related to you once dated/married them, so at one time, s/he was family or almost family. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned.

Maiko^_^ said:
Looks like people have mixed opinions on whether Thit and Nee slept with each other in Tang and Namfon's version... :lol: I've heard from some people who think they did. Personally, I think they didn't do it. It's not in Tang's Thit character to do that before marriage. :D As for that scene of Tang and Namfon's Thit and Nee on the bed after he found her, I haven't seen it, but I heard that they didn't do anything. :blush: Thank goodness. :phew:

Oh, gwarsh, that's just so awkward and weird, Fun! Regarding your friend's story. :sick: Gah, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want to go through an uncomfortable situation such as that one. But like you said, we can't help who we fall in love, so we shouldn't focus on our significant other's past; what matters is their present actions. :strong:

Aw, episode 14 already? Yep, best part of the lakorn is the first 8 episodes. I know! It had so much potential, but the scriptwriter totally ruined everything after Nee's return; that's when everything went downhill for me. :annoyed: :rant: My version is a whole lot better, even with her return. <_< I wish they hadn't turned it into the typical Exact storyline. Urgh.

From the book summary, I'm not fond of Metinee/Maytinee in Ngao Jai as well, and I'm worried I may hate Vill's Metinee...like I hated her Beauty/Lallalit character in Ley Nang Fah. *Groan* Hopefully, Vill's Metinee is likeable and tolerable. :spin: As for NJ itself, hah, for all the wait and misery they're putting us through, it better be worth it. :smack: I want to know how it will differ from the book and from Kob and Brook's version.
My general impression is that they didn't sleep together in Tang and Namfon's version either, because like you said, it just didn't go with Tang's version of Thiti. As far as the novel goes, I ordered it once upon a time but it was never sent (still disputing it), but I've read the author's other novels, including JLR, and I have yet to come upon intimate scenes like that. Not saying SSP might not be an exception, but if JLR didn't have an R scene in the novel, I just don't know what to think anymore.

I wasn't a fan of Kob's Methinee either, but Exact usually has their own spin on these "remade" characters, which I'm fine with as long as they make the characters more likeable (or at least keep them consistent) and the plot less Exact-y. Oh, and lots and lots of scenes of the OTP is always a welcomed thing.

BTW, where did you watch the uncut version of SSP? Not that I want to see more Nee (ugh!), but better video quality is always a draw. I found Vill's Nee extremely vulgar and crude, and setting it as a period lakorn really didn't help her character at all. I couldn't make sense of her character. It wasn't like her mother and stepfather mistreated her. She's just irrational and a bit psychotic (or is it sociopathic?). Speaking of which, anyone know why the general characterization of Nee's stepfather is considered to be a pervert who lusts after his stepdaughter? Neither versions that I watched showed him as a pervert. In the Tang version, Nee and her stepdad (who was rich - or at least well-off) even reconciled at the end. Was it from the book? Anyway, kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to say that the Tang and Namfon version was really, really long and boring.

Reactions: fun

AikOm^_^

@Lenlin: Eek, I saw your post, Lenlin; will be back to answer your question(s) and comments in a few hours. :spin: Sorry for the holdup. :worthy:

AikOm^_^

lenlin said:
I feel the same. I can't understand why some people don't find it icky. Yes, you're not related to them, but someone related to you once dated/married them, so at one time, s/he was family or almost family. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned.

My general impression is that they didn't sleep together in Tang and Namfon's version either, because like you said, it just didn't go with Tang's version of Thiti. As far as the novel goes, I ordered it once upon a time but it was never sent (still disputing it), but I've read the author's other novels, including JLR, and I have yet to come upon intimate scenes like that. Not saying SSP might not be an exception, but if JLR didn't have an R scene in the novel, I just don't know what to think anymore.

I wasn't a fan of Kob's Methinee either, but Exact usually has their own spin on these "remade" characters, which I'm fine with as long as they make the characters more likeable (or at least keep them consistent) and the plot less Exact-y. Oh, and lots and lots of scenes of the OTP is always a welcomed thing.

BTW, where did you watch the uncut version of SSP? Not that I want to see more Nee (ugh!), but better video quality is always a draw. I found Vill's Nee extremely vulgar and crude, and setting it as a period lakorn really didn't help her character at all. I couldn't make sense of her character. It wasn't like her mother and stepfather mistreated her. She's just irrational and a bit psychotic (or is it sociopathic?). Speaking of which, anyone know why the general characterization of Nee's stepfather is considered to be a pervert who lusts after his stepdaughter? Neither versions that I watched showed him as a pervert. In the Tang version, Nee and her stepdad (who was rich - or at least well-off) even reconciled at the end. Was it from the book? Anyway, kind of off-topic, but I just wanted to say that the Tang and Namfon version was really, really long and boring.

K, ready to get back to your post, Lenlin. Sorry for the delay in replying to it. :spin: :sweat: I'm old-fashioned as well. :highfive: Aw, you still haven't received your SSP novel? :teary: Hope you will receive it someday! :worthy: Or get your money back, at least. Oh, my, I didn't know SSP's author is the same one as JLR's...haha, thanks for the interesting info!

Gah, yet another person who isn't fond of Kob's Methinee/Metinee. :bhehe: This doesn't bode well for Aom, Toomtam, and Vill's version of Ngao Jai. I'd like to have some faith in Aom, but this is an Exact production after all, with the same scriptwriter from Toomtam and Vill's SSP... :annoyed: It'd be a miracle if she or they (the scriptwriters) keep the characters consistent and the plot less Exact-y. I love how you worded that...well, everything, actually. :rofl: :thumbsup:

If I'm understanding things correctly, seems like there's an "uncut" version of Toomtam and Vill's SSP that aired in China. Even though it included some uncut scenes (mostly more scenes of Nee, from what I've seen), there is at least one in the Thailand version that isn't shown in the "Chinese" version... Sorry for the confusion; hopefully, that makes sense. :blush: Oh, you described Vill's Nee perfectly. Skimming through the "uncut" version, Nee sickens me even more. Yep, Vill's Nee character was badly written. Just thinking about it upsets me. :sick: :lol: Oh, I don't think you're off-topic at all. Ah, so you thought Tang and Namfon's version was really long and boring. Long, yes. As for boring, that's also true, sadly. :blush: Here's the LINK to the uncut version of SSP in China, Lenlin. Or you can click on the following link:

http://www.letv.com/tv/10002307.html

Have a great day! :grouphug:

fun

Expired Sarnie
lenlin said:

I guess I will just never understand how some people can accept that.

Speaking of Nee, I was even more confused right before she died, she told Thitit that she loved him. Ha! Really? You got to be kidding me right? I guess Exact decided to have Nee and Thitit sleep together so that during his wedding night with Gan, he would be able to confirm that the real slut is not the one who he married. I wish there was moral to this lakorn lol 

Nee was just too one dimensional. Her existence was to cockblock our pranangs. Other than that, she's really not a well written villain.   

AikOm^_^

fun said:
I guess I will just never understand how some people can accept that.

Speaking of Nee, I was even more confused right before she died, she told Thitit that she loved him. Ha! Really? You got to be kidding me right? I guess Exact decided to have Nee and Thitit sleep together so that during his wedding night with Gan, he would be able to confirm that the real slut is not the one who he married. I wish there was moral to this lakorn lol 

Nee was just too one dimensional. Her existence was to cockblock our pranangs. Other than that, she's really not a well written villain.   

Agree, Fun! In some certain scenes, I could see Nee sort of softening towards Thit, but she really was poorly written, and the whole "All I really wanted was someone like you to love me, Thit" (something like that) line+scenario was so unbelievable. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

AikOm^_^

phatman said:
Where's them sexy scenes?! I'm waiting for them! Haha.

Oh, whoops; I did promise you those sexy scenes back in late July, huh? :facepalm: :smack: And here I thought that you didn't see my post about it or was hoping that you've forgotten about it. :lolyup: Hehe, I've been so busy the past few weeks and have been feeling pretty unmotivated. :teary: Will find the time to show you those scenes I promised you, Phatman dear. Hope you're doing well and fine. :kiss: :grouphug:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Maiko^_^ said:

Oh, whoops; I did promise you those sexy scenes back in late July, huh? :facepalm: :smack: And here I thought that you didn't see my post about it or was hoping that you've forgotten about it. :lolyup: Hehe, I've been so busy the past few weeks and have been feeling pretty unmotivated. :teary: Will find the time to show you those scenes I promised you, Phatman dear. Hope you're doing well and fine. :kiss: :grouphug:
Oh and you thought I'd let that go. Smh. Haha. Jk. Whenever you can my dear. I'll be waiting. Hehe.

AikOm^_^

phatman said:
Oh and you thought I'd let that go. Smh. Haha. Jk. Whenever you can my dear. I'll be waiting. Hehe.

Um, yeah. So much for that, huh? :lmao: Haha, ok; I'll let you know when I'm ready to show them. :wink:

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
(Meant to quote and reply to each individually, but my work comp isn't displaying it correctly, so I decided to do without.)

@Maiko: Thanks for the link. Wow, the quality was so HD. I re-watched all my favorite scenes again and enjoyed it that much better just because of the video quality alone. Of course, I also re-watched some of the scenes where Thiti was being his usual jerk self to Gan and wanted to :numchuck: him again.

@fun & Maiko: I hated Nee's last scene. It was like she was suddenly in some Shakespearean play where she got a 3-act death scene. Did I care that she didn't get the "dream wedding" she plotted, schemed, and killed for? That would be a no. Frankly, I wish the revelation had been more climatic. What was the point of Nee finding Thiti's copy of her injuries if all she was going to do was try to brazen it out? It would have been better if she never found it, never had any inkling that Thiti suspected her, so that he could surprise and expose her in front of everyone while the whole time she thought she was going to get away with it. So disappointed with that scene. (It didn't help either that Gan never said a word throughout the whole exchange. Did she lose her voice or something? And are we to assume at this point that she does have her memories back? Because I would have liked to see that scene. Another disappointment.) Did I care that Nee died? No. I wish she had gone down in a police shootout because I refuse to let her die on her own terms (that was too good for her). Did I even care enough about her as a person for her to warrant an entire episode where she can lament about her life and her regrets? HELL NO! So I don't know why Exact thought we would care what she had to say in the end. I wasn't even going to give her one sentence (because the only sentence that I might have allowed her to utter was "I'm sorry for everything," and even that, I wasn't willing to let her say because in the end, I wouldn't find it sincere so why bother with it at all?), let alone the drivel she spewed at the end. I get the feeling Exact wanted us to sympathize with her, but frankly, I didn't even care enough to want her redeemed at the end. I just wanted her OFF THE SCREEN so that I can see more of Thiti and Gan - you know, the REAL OTP.

(Sorry about the ranting. Just watched it again so it brought back a lot of unpleasant memories.)

Reactions: fun

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
Hello, I'm new to the AF forum and grateful for all the info found here. Hope it's not improper in any way to post my first video link:

Credit: Anne Toomvill's Youtube Channel
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmiNWbIWQk&list=PLh6eftVdrD-fIc6uKoSUuQZsGZXNRWkoL[/media]

I suppose the Chinese subbed version is from letv. Re-edited, however. Focusing only on Thit and Gan.

AikOm^_^

lanblue said:
Hello, I'm new to the AF forum and grateful for all the info found here. Hope it's not improper in any way to post my first video link:

Credit: Anne Toomvill's Youtube Channel
*VIDEO*

I suppose the Chinese subbed version is from letv. Re-edited, however. Focusing only on Thit and Gan.

Hi, Lanblue! Welcome to Asianfuse! :welcome: Hope you will enjoy being here with us. :flowers: :grouphuG: Thanks for sharing that video. Hehe, so sweet just to see videos focusing on Thit and Gan's scenes. :wub:

AikOm^_^

lenlin said:
(Meant to quote and reply to each individually, but my work comp isn't displaying it correctly, so I decided to do without.)

@Maiko: Thanks for the link. Wow, the quality was so HD. I re-watched all my favorite scenes again and enjoyed it that much better just because of the video quality alone. Of course, I also re-watched some of the scenes where Thiti was being his usual jerk self to Gan and wanted to :numchuck: him again.

@fun & Maiko: I hated Nee's last scene. It was like she was suddenly in some Shakespearean play where she got a 3-act death scene. Did I care that she didn't get the "dream wedding" she plotted, schemed, and killed for? That would be a no. Frankly, I wish the revelation had been more climatic. What was the point of Nee finding Thiti's copy of her injuries if all she was going to do was try to brazen it out? It would have been better if she never found it, never had any inkling that Thiti suspected her, so that he could surprise and expose her in front of everyone while the whole time she thought she was going to get away with it. So disappointed with that scene. (It didn't help either that Gan never said a word throughout the whole exchange. Did she lose her voice or something? And are we to assume at this point that she does have her memories back? Because I would have liked to see that scene. Another disappointment.) Did I care that Nee died? No. I wish she had gone down in a police shootout because I refuse to let her die on her own terms (that was too good for her). Did I even care enough about her as a person for her to warrant an entire episode where she can lament about her life and her regrets? HELL NO! So I don't know why Exact thought we would care what she had to say in the end. I wasn't even going to give her one sentence (because the only sentence that I might have allowed her to utter was "I'm sorry for everything," and even that, I wasn't willing to let her say because in the end, I wouldn't find it sincere so why bother with it at all?), let alone the drivel she spewed at the end. I get the feeling Exact wanted us to sympathize with her, but frankly, I didn't even care enough to want her redeemed at the end. I just wanted her OFF THE SCREEN so that I can see more of Thiti and Gan - you know, the REAL OTP.

(Sorry about the ranting. Just watched it again so it brought back a lot of unpleasant memories.)

Finally, I can get back to your post. :smack: You're welcome for the link. Yeah, HD is so beautiful and nice!

Same here, I hate Nee til the very end. I did feel kind of bad for her, but nope, I still hate her for stealing screen time from Thit and Gan. Nee's character is just so distasteful! :sick: :yuck: Your criticisms are spot on! Just seeing Nee's face or thinking of her brings back a lot of unwelcome memories for me as well. :mellow: I applaud Vill for her acting as Nee, but Nee herself is just...just...:rant: Things are better left unsaid. :shutup:

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Maiko^_^ said:
Yippie!!!! :yahoo:

I'm both happy and disappointed. Happy that it will be a new pairing with Toomtam and Vill, and disappointed that it isn't New yet again after all those times he and Vill are "paired up" but never get with each other. At least they will get each other in Jan Dara 2: The Finale. :D Some opening pictures now, and I'll post up some more later when I get home from work.

Vill and Toomtam match better than Vill and New. They look decent together. :) But I don't really feel any (overflowing) chemistry yet. :scratchchin: I remember I was thinking that Toomtam and Vill could pair up in the future, when he guest-starred in her lakorn, Nam Kuen Hai Reab Ruk. And here they are for real! :dance1: He kind of reminds me of Son in some angles, but better him with Vill than Son. :D Just hope that he can act better (granted, Son is improving, but his acting bothers me so much right now). Can't wait until they start filming. I won't be surprised if this doesn't air until next year though. Exact's other lakorns will probably air first since the opening ceremony for Sud Sai Pan/Paan just occurred lol. Darn it! Have to be patient!!!
One of Maiko's first comments regarding ToomVill, hahahaah. Oh gosh, I should re-read the posts in this thread! hehe :D

AikOm^_^

huajaikaungtur said:
Oh, how I miss this beautiful thread. ToomVill <3

Aah, I know how you feel, girlie! Hello in here, Marina! :hiya:

huajaikaungtur said:
One of Maiko's first comments regarding ToomVill, hahahaah. Oh gosh, I should re-read the posts in this thread! hehe :D

Yes...yes, that was one of my first comments regarding our ToomVill. :bhehe: I just want to giggle, laugh, cry, and spazz all at once! :lolyup: :rofl: :lmao: :wub: Isn't it funny how things turned out sometimes? :) Hah, it was true that I didn't feel any overflowing chemistry between the dynamic ToomVill then. They were both new and shy around each other, even awkward, but oh, boy! When filming began, sparks were flying everywhere and their chemistry was off the charts! (Ok, highly exaggerating here, on my part. :p) When they're together, they just offer so much, and they're phenomenal! Off screen, ToomVill treated each other like respected costars/siblings (um-hmm :rolleyes:), but it's crazy how well they work together on screen. They just have that special spark and rare chemistry when they're with each other. :wub:

Hehe, I think you know how long I can go on forever about them, but to make it short, Marina girl, we just love them! :spin: It's amazing how hard they've made us fall for them. Thank goodness for SSP! :worthy: Haha, you should reread the posts in this thread! I still do that occasionally, and they always warm my heart! :heart: :grouphug:

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Hahaha, I feel you, Maiko. Looking back at my comments... who knew we would become the big ToomVill lovers we are today!?
Oh gosh, awesomeness! Agree, even though they tend to treat each other more formally, I still feel the chemistry between them :D !!~

Yes, Maiko. If you didn't have a limit, you'd end up writing a whole novel about ToomVill hahaha.
And yes, I am. I'm re-reading posts and smiing to myself :)

AikOm^_^

huajaikaungtur said:
Hahaha, I feel you, Maiko. Looking back at my comments... who knew we would become the big ToomVill lovers we are today!?
Oh gosh, awesomeness! Agree, even though they tend to treat each other more formally, I still feel the chemistry between them :D !!~

Yes, Maiko. If you didn't have a limit, you'd end up writing a whole novel about ToomVill hahaha.
And yes, I am. I'm re-reading posts and smiing to myself :)

We weren't that crazy, crazy, crazy, excited over their collaboration, but we were excited to see how they would work out. :D YES, who knew indeed? :woot: Fate works in mysterious ways, Marina. I pray that it'll work wonders again for our ToomVill. :worthy: :spin: We were extremely lucky and blessed that they could reunite quickly for Ngao Jai, for lucky reasons. Now, let it happen again, pretty please. Hehe, ToomVill are formal around each other for a reason, but then it's so rewarding for us when we get to see them relax around each other and really warm up to each other. If only they were free to be as chummy as they want! :cry:

Haha, ok, after Ngao Jai ends :)cry1:), I shall start cracking on those ToomVill projects, especially those fan fiction ideas I have for them :fanfic:

I can just picture you! :kiss: The posts in here are just as amazing as the posts in our lovely NJ's thread. Hah, I'm still in awe that NJ's thread has surpassed the 300th page mark! :shock2: Woot! If only we were more dedicated to our SSP's thread. :lolyup: Oh, well, we showered it with plenty of love and hate. :lol2: