Do most thai stars come from wealthy families?

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
just wondering, bc alot of them are mixed with european or american so that probably means one of their parents is pretty wealthy. And i dont think a poor person would really get an opportunity to even audition for roles or anything. so what do you guys think?

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
just wondering, bc alot of them are mixed with european or american so that probably means one of their parents is pretty wealthy. And i dont think a poor person would really get an opportunity to even audition for roles or anything. so what do you guys think?
to answer your question, the majority of the actors/actress dara in thailand comes from all walks of life, classification and background. They do not necessarily have to be wealthy or rich to be famous, it's about how they look and what kind of talent do they have. Most importantly it's their looks. and then who you know and what you know. It all the depends on who you know that is in the industry. Good example, my cousin, her mother knows she is not good looking, however has friends who works in the Thailand entertainment industry, the mother insisted that they record my cousin and make a star out of her, because she is not good looking but her family has a lot of money, they wouldn't comment. So the answer is NO! it's not all about the money to get you in the industry, to me it sounds like looks is everything to them. It's not like the United States where everyone gets an oppurtunity as long as you have the talent. And then the looks, will be based on how much plastic surgery do you want to do?

pangrakpepper

sarNie Hatchling
I don't think so b/c if you watch when they go to talkshow they sometimes talk about their past, most of them do not come from wealthy family. Most actors and actresses get their roles after winning some kind of contest. For example, some girls who win Miss Thailand world always get offered roles in entertainment business. I'm not sure about the mix people.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
even da mixed ones not all of dem were rich. anne t. used to be poor. but yes like khunyingmayuree said it's mostly based on looks. thai people are very conscious bout looks. if u look good and have talent da talent part is a plus LOL

nophankh

sarNie Adult
No, I know that Rome is from an Isan background. I don't know whether it's the poor or the middle class Isan background but I don't think he was well off.

Kwan's family wasn't well off either. Her dad is a police officer and he travel a lot to make ends meet. She talked on some show that when she was little they had a hard time and she barely saw her dad because he work so much. Their living condition wasn't well off either.

solin

sarNie Adult
I think that like everywhere some come from rich family and others from common background...but to me background family plays because of relations.
I am sure that some actresses and actors are offered a role because of their social place in thai society.

khunyingmayuree

sarNie Egg
No, I know that Rome is from an Isan background. I don't know whether it's the poor or the middle class Isan background but I don't think he was well off.

Kwan's family wasn't well off either. Her dad is a police officer and he travel a lot to make ends meet. She talked on some show that when she was little they had a hard time and she barely saw her dad because he work so much. Their living condition wasn't well off either.
Pak Issan, has a lot of hard working people, I am issan, my father is from Ubon ratchathani, they lack the luxury stuff but work really hard. Every third world country even in our country has economic problems. the government is corrupted in thailand. it's not like over here where at least you can go down to the welfare office and apply for assistant. in thailand, everyone has to work extra hard maybe 100 times harder than us. even the school systems is not as advanced. to be a thai dara would be like hoping you would make it to the top to earned closed to what the american movie stars make, they do make around 6 figures a year depending on their endorsement deals.
I was talking to my auntie about them just the other day, about pancake and aum..they make around 6 figures a year. Pancake went to the same school as my lil cousin.

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
Interesting to know that its not about talent or wealth, but looks to make it in the Thai entertainment industry. Well, its not just Thailand...its everywhere. That's why celebrities have to be aware of how they look, what they wear, and stay youthful. That's the price one pays for entering this kind of business.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
Interesting to know that its not about talent or wealth, but looks to make it in the Thai entertainment industry. Well, its not just Thailand...its everywhere. That's why celebrities have to be aware of how they look, what they wear, and stay youthful. That's the price one pays for entering this kind of business.
yop and it's obvious too u know. like a lot of singers can't sing for shiet but they're up dere cause they're eyecandy. same goes for actors

Shining_Stars

sarNie Egg
I know that Yui Jirana from Nang Tard was very poor before going into the entertainment industry. She said she was so poor that she didn't even have a tv to take with her when she moved to Bangkok with her mom. I got this information from an interview she gave on this one show that I forgot the name of. I saw it on youtube. It was very sad.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
the show is with Kob and Por (JunPunDao)..there she said that when her and her mother moved to the city, they have to rent out a small room apartment with little to eat and money to spend..they're only hope was for Yui to get a movie deal..Punch(thai singer) she's not from a wealthy family either..still they work hard to get where they are today...

The only star that I know that comes from a wealthy family is:

-Cee Siwat
-Amy K.
-Brook (don't know if he is still consider a star)
-Golf/Mike (I considered them wealthy becuz their bros were also famous before they came into spotlight)..

thaigirl

sarNie Hatchling
Ann Thongprasom was very poor when she was young, if I'm not wrong.

yes, anne thongprasom was very poor...

but most of the mixed daras usually come from middle class to upper middle class families, but in general, most thai daras DON'T come from extremely wealthy or hi-so families...

fun

Expired Sarnie
to answer your question, the majority of the actors/actress dara in thailand comes from all walks of life, classification and background. They do not necessarily have to be wealthy or rich to be famous. It's not like the United States where everyone gets an oppurtunity as long as you have the talent. And then the looks, will be based on how much plastic surgery do you want to do?
hahahah you took my answer so i dont think i have to post mine. lmao.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
The wealthy ones or in other words Hi-Sos are ugly, sorry. Fortunately for them, they date the nang'akes.

laugh-out-loud

sarNie Egg
i'm not sure, but it is true that it's all about looks and who you know in the business....and it's also true that some artist can't even sing sh!t but they're in b/c they look good....

i think anyone with a good talent can be turned into a star....sometimes they don't really have the looks, but with some plastic surgery, make up and loosing weight....i think that helps brings out the beauty in them.

nina07

sarNie Adult
i dont think most of the thai stars come from wealthy families. I mean Weir's from Khon Kaen which is Isan. and i remember on WWYWY he took us to go see his hometown, and like their were alot of farms, and open markets. but iono about the other thai stars...