do you know how

sweetbabe

sarNie Egg
um...pho is not lao food...i think. But anyways everybody i know love to eat pho but i don't. I wonder why?? tum muk hoong sound good in the summer don't you guy think so???

saobomp

sarNie Adult
lao style pho u have everything in just about all the ingrediants, veggies, types of meats but the best is to eat with ka pbee along with fresh peppers, lettuce...

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
I miss Lao food. :*(

Why won't we share recipe?

Larb

1 lb ground chicken
2 tablespoons sliced shallot
2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion
1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
3 tablespoons roasted rice powder (khao koar)
2 tablespoons ground Lao chili
3 tablespoons lime juice
2-3 tablespoons fish sauce

arissa

sarNie Elites
I happen to know how to cook many lao dishes..ahahahah just to name a few..

1. Kao Poon
2. Orr (beef or CHicken ----same ingredients)
3. Kang Norh Mai ---(luv it with Thum Buk Hoong)
4. Larp ---all kinds---(chicken, duck, beef)
5. Soup Norh Mai
6. Nam Kao
and many more...but I love making Thum Buk Hoong... :drool: :drool:

Rakniran

I do know how to cook many laos foods,but doesnt taste good eating alone cus my fiancee is Chinese and he doesnt eat some of the laos food that i made like papaya salad and lettuce wrap beef/cockles.

Laos food doesnt taste the same eating alone.

sweetbabe

sarNie Egg
I was wondering do u guy put msg in your food?? I know recipe online and in the lao or thai cooking book i dont' see no msg.

Rakniran

I was wondering do u guy put msg in your food?? I know recipe online and in the lao or thai cooking book i dont' see no msg.

i put msg on my food.

hahhaha..the only one that i know dont eat msg is my fiancee..his parent brainwashed him that msg is bad for him and not good to eat.
Well,my grandma been eating msg ever since she can stART EATING and shes still doing just fine and healthy.I don't see anyharm in msg.
I cook with msg for myself and for him..i don't put any since msg is evil according to him and his parent.

MSG is good.Make all your food taste good.I'll do anything for good food.

sweetbabe

sarNie Egg
i put msg on my food.

hahhaha..the only one that i know dont eat msg is my fiancee..his parent brainwashed him that msg is bad for him and not good to eat.
Well,my grandma been eating msg ever since she can stART EATING and shes still doing just fine and healthy.I don't see anyharm in msg.
I cook with msg for myself and for him..i don't put any since msg is evil according to him and his parent.

MSG is good.Make all your food taste good.I'll do anything for good food.
I agree that msg make food taste good. I put it on my food all the time when i'm cooking lao food. But i don't understand why a lot of white people are so scare of it. Oh yeah.....is it true that MSG is bad for your bone and hair???

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I agree that msg make food taste good. I put it on my food all the time when i'm cooking lao food. But i don't understand why a lot of white people are so scare of it. Oh yeah.....is it true that MSG is bad for your bone and hair???
There's not enough scientific evidence that says MSG is bad for you. A lot of it had been overhyped by the media.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
dude, don't listen to the hype. No offense and not trying to be racist, but white people in america go hysterical over nothing. I don't know if any one can remember this or even heard it on the news, but awhile back a group of concern parents lobbied congress to ban Apples because a research discovered that apples (yes, I mean the fruit: apples) contained carcinogens that could lead to cancer. The parents even convinced meryl Streep to head their campaign. For awhile, they got schools to banned apples as part of the menu. Then it was discovered that the chemicals found in apples didn't really harm anyone.

I think sometimes those white people go overboard.
MSG is not gonna hurt you, I like it with my jail and my meat. I like it on my stir fried. MOst likely, we will die from diabetes rather than MSG related causes.

SaoSophab

sarNie Hatchling
I love this topic and reading what some of you can and can not make or just like to eat. hehe

My favorite lao dish is Thum Mak Hoong of course with some beeng seen or been GAI!!

I love PHO, kao bieg, and also "gang gai".

But i also lovee the authentic stuff like "gang naw mai", "aur gai", and even "lahb pbet"! HEHE YUM!! :drool:

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
Surprisingly I do know how to cook laos food.LOL. I hang out with alot of my white friends, than my asian friends. My parents even think I an white wash, but I showed them when I decided to help my mom cook and she was like completely speechless. I was like in your face mum and dad. I didn't eat the food either, I just took off to my room and smiled to myself.HEHE.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
yeah about the MSG...a little in the food will make a big difference and it won't hurt you...just don't go putting tons and tons in anything cause then you'll make it really "naouw" you know kinda salty tasting....msg like any ingredients...e.g. salt, sugar, pepper if you put too much of it, it can turn bad but if you know how to moderate like everyhting else...it'll make you food that much better....for me when I make tum mak houng if i dont use a little msg...eeeeeeeeeee...my tum mak houng don't taste so good.... as for what i can make...

i can make...
larb, tum mak houng, kao boon, kang naw mai, oaur (w/ different ingredients), aom ki lek, soup pak, soup naw mai...
and i'm learning to make other traditional fares...my mom makes the best Laotion sausage....in my opinion...

i can cook other nations' foods tooo....like French, Italian, American, Spanish, Thai etc.
I love cooking but I hate baking...can't for the life of me Bake at All!!!!

Patty

sarNie Adult
I don't know how to cook, but I do wanna learn how to....but I'm really good at eating Laos food...I just love it