Dung Duang Haruethai

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
the snow scene looks like they might have CGIed it...cause you could tell the snow falling wasn't real...the flakes didn't even touch their hair...sorry I'm being nitpicky too...hehehehe....

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I really like this version, so many sweet scenes of each pair. Weir is charming as a Prince while Kwan is gorgeous as a Princess but quite clumsy. It's hilarious how Weir caps on Kwan, she's so cute being the airhead that she is. Weir and Kwan have decent chemistry. I love this hate and love relationship, it's so much better and less boring than the old version. I love the fact that they build on the characters' personalities and relationships. We can see that both have their moments of liking one another.

I like this Princess Tansika, she's gentle, cute, and warm. I love the tears, it gives life to the character.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
rotmay is uber cute!!!! she's so adorable!!! and new is a heart stealer...lvoe weir too...kwan, she's alright...I find her whiny, but maybe I'm just still not over her character from leud nai din...I don't know, I wanted to see a strong n'ek like the old one but like everyone's mentioned, they wanted to aim at the younger generation too so...but everyone's cute..
so anyone wanna explain to me what happened in epi one? I'm so confused...why did rotmey run away? and is new and kwan siblings? and why did pr'ek kidnap n'ek?

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
rotmay is uber cute!!!! she's so adorable!!! and new is a heart stealer...lvoe weir too...kwan, she's alright...I find her whiny, but maybe I'm just still not over her character from leud nai din...I don't know, I wanted to see a strong n'ek like the old one but like everyone's mentioned, they wanted to aim at the younger generation too so...but everyone's cute..
so anyone wanna explain to me what happened in epi one? I'm so confused...why did rotmey run away? and is new and kwan siblings? and why did pr'ek kidnap n'ek?
Well, we can't expect this version to be exactly alike to the older version, what's the fun of that right? Kwan's character is quite sweet and gentle. She's being kidnapped, who wouldn't be upset and try to run away all the time? She wishes to return home and alert her brother about the war or at least convince him to let the other Princess go. Kwan's version of the Princess is more cute than serious like Nat's, which is a different flavor.

In episode 1, Rotmay ran away because she didn't wish to marry Weir, someone she didn't love. Weir wanted to marry Rotmay so he can gain access to the sea. New and Kwan are siblings. Weir didn't exactly kidnap Kwan; he wanted some answers in regards to Rotmay's whereabouts from Kwan so he treater her like a guest but when Kwan accidently slipped that Rotmay is in their kingdom hiding, Weir got upset and considered Kwan as a prisoner rather than guest now.

Even though, Weir and Kwan's chemistry isn't bubbly sweet but it is decent and cute. I love this lakorn so far. It's pretty relaxing, funny, and laid back, perfect for the holidays. :lol:

madzyvandy

sarNie Egg
Loving this lakorn ! Kwan is awesome and I love her character, I really don't care what anyone else says about it because I think she is doing a great job ( MAJOR BIAS :) ) and all though I was iffy with Weir, he's actually not bad. New and Rotmay's story is cute also.

I think people need to stop comparing this to the old one, because it's going to be different, and really from some of the comments, it seems like the old one was pretty boring, so why not treat this version like it is its own because personally I think, again comparing the comments on the new and old, that this version is more fun and entertaining.

If you like old version better, that's totally awesome, but if you keep comparing this version to the old, then I doubt you will ever be satisfied.

^ Just my opinion :)

nophankh

sarNie Adult
IF it wasn't for the terrible costumes and wigs, I would totally watch it.
It's just too cheesy.
I would be to embarrassed if someone caught me watching it.

The costumes are awsome!!! I love these costumes they're so pretty make Kwan like a total princess. What did you expect from a lakorn? They're all like this :p All of them have flaws. Ya but New's wig is totally ugly, but still better than his original hair :unsure:

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
well, dont you think that by comparing the old and the new one it's analyzing?? it gives more "taste" to this forum!! and it's not like the people who's comparing the old and the new version hates the new version... we were just comparing and talking about the flaws but we still like this new version better right?? there's no harm in just comparing and stating the facts. like how the princess(kwan's charater) really needs to be strong because in the novel, she's supposed to be strong and smart that's y the prince from gasik fell in love with her... but like everyone said, the older version was boring and the atmosphere was kinda tense(but that's actual kings and queens)..and this version is aiming for teenage audiences...

well about teenage audiences, my mother told me about 10 years ago(when the old lakorn was aired) teenagers watch the old version...i guess we(teenagers) hve totaly different taste from how teenagers were a long time ago. LOL

other than new's wig, dont you think the clothes are a bit too cheap? the quality of the clothes are quite bad, it's like using curtains to make(my mother said, im not vey good with qualities of clothes and stuff like that) and the design are quite plain and simple...but i guess they were rushing through the process of making this lakorn...but i dnt really care about those things...lol. as long as i like the actors/actresses and the story!!

madzyvandy

sarNie Egg
well, dont you think that by comparing the old and the new one it's analyzing?? it gives more "taste" to this forum!! and it's not like the people who's comparing the old and the new version hates the new version... we were just comparing and talking about the flaws but we still like this new version better right?? there's no harm in just comparing and stating the facts. like how the princess(kwan's charater) really needs to be strong because in the novel, she's supposed to be strong and smart that's y the prince from gasik fell in love with her... but like everyone said, the older version was boring and the atmosphere was kinda tense(but that's actual kings and queens)..and this version is aiming for teenage audiences...

well about teenage audiences, my mother told me about 10 years ago(when the old lakorn was aired) teenagers watch the old version...i guess we(teenagers) hve totaly different taste from how teenagers were a long time ago. LOL

other than new's wig, dont you think the clothes are a bit too cheap? the quality of the clothes are quite bad, it's like using curtains to make(my mother said, im not vey good with qualities of clothes and stuff like that) and the design are quite plain and simple...but i guess they were rushing through the process of making this lakorn...but i dnt really care about those things...lol. as long as i like the actors/actresses and the story!!
^ I get what you're saying, but what I was just trying to get at was, for those who don't like something about the new version and think it should be different and be like the novel or old one, wouldn't it be less stressful or easier to watch if you forgot about that, I think you would enjoy the lakorn more,

But then again like you said It's a forum, discussions are the point, so compare away.. :)

IF it wasn't for the terrible costumes and wigs, I would totally watch it.
It's just too cheesy.
I would be to embarrassed if someone caught me watching it.
embarrassed? ... that bad? :huh: I actually think the costumes are pretty, I mean they're not stunningly gorgeous or anything but they're watchable. And there are some cheesy parts, but I think it's cute ^_^

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
^ I get what you're saying, but what I was just trying to get at was, for those who don't like something about the new version and think it should be different and be like the novel or old one, wouldn't it be less stressful or easier to watch if you forgot about that, I think you would enjoy the lakorn more,

But then again like you said It's a forum, discussions are the point, so compare away.. :)
LOL. true...it'll be much more enjoying if we forget all the small details....but, my (stupid) observant skills is always there.LOL. but actually, i look at every small detail in every lakorn...just that i dun LOVE those lakorn, so i dun even go into the forums...(eg. sang dao hang hua jai....and seub ruk rahus ruk. me and my mother picked out so many flaws in the plot. but i dun go to those forum cos i just watch those lakorns...i dun really like them)

Yuna

sarNie Juvenile
Love this lakorn so far..Kwan and weir are cute..the outfits are nice too..can't wait to see more..

nophankh

sarNie Adult
I don't know man. The costumes just rub me the wrong way. It's so tacky and gives no form for the ladies.
It's like they went to the Halloween Store and decided to use clothes from there.
Oh my gosh! I can't get over it. I don't know why. I just can't.

Kwan and Weir look cute together.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Kwan's hair is the only wig that bothers me. The blonde one is the bad one, too many stringy rolls versus the darker one with less curls that compliments Kwan very much. As for New, he looks better with long hair.

Comparisons aren't prohibited, it does give us more to chit chat about but for those who just automatically judges this lakorn through comparisons, that's a bit narrow isn't it? I think each version has their own taste. Same storyline, yes, but different productions and eras that are recreating the story so there are bound to be differences. So far, I think the new version is doing a better job at depicting the relationships and clear storyline. I also like Weir and Kwan too, just as much as Num and Nat. As for the wardrobe, each has their own fashion statement. Perhaps the wardrobe looks cheap because they don't elaborate on the many different exotic accessories and styles like they did for Nat thus the different feeling.

I know, all lakorns have minor flaws but we still end up enjoying them don't we?

Haha, anyway back to the lakorn. I loved the part where Weir fakes his death; that was totally cute. Kwan's crying skills are excellent in this one. ^_^ As for Kwan's character, I know that she's supposed to be strong and intelligent but in this version, even the character summary stated that Weir falls in love with Kwan due to her gentle, smart, and caring nature as what we have seen Kwan display when it came to the horse and the maid. Weir was touched. So can we all just stop complaining that Kwan is supposed to be stronger, it's one of the changes PP made in the storyline. Sorry, just wanted to mention that.

Anyway, I'm on to episode 3...just catching up after vacation.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
First I want to apologize and say this will be my last post about the awful fashion sense in this drama.

Weir does look like nice in this suit, but what the heck is up with the popped out 70'ish collar thing. I know it's fantasy, but it's going overboard. If they gonna do a period drama, stick with similar and coherent fashion for that time period. The outfits are all over the place. Oh my gosh.

I didn't want to watch ep. 1 so I just skipped to 2. I think it's okay for now.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Haha, Episode 3 was really cute but Kwan is beginning to bug me with all of the assumptions but then, who wouldn't? She is being taken to Gaasik unwillingly. I adore Weir and Kwan. :lol:

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
Someone tell me what time period is this lakorn suppose to be. Everyone seems to speak beautiful words about their outfits. I like the can't show figure part the most. Good one...

Gals, you can see anyone figure even if you wear tons of clothes. Ahaha it's all in the imagination and how good your eyes are. One glimpse and you can know a person full profile. At least it's not mens in tight during robinhood time. *thinks of weir in tights* hehehe...

Hey, if you know where to get clothing like this at a halloween store do tell me where to get it. Ahaha I want to wear it for halloween myself. Or for anime convention.

I like all the colors of their dresses though. Rich and Lavished very well...

Weir is so cute in here. Only part I couldn't get was when one minute he's smiling then serious face then smiling at kwan. A blind fool can tell he's not a bad person. He don't have that gleam of evil in his eyes yet though, but not that bad. If he can be a bit more barbaric ahaha *wink* then he'll definitely be tall, dark, and handsome.

Runs off to read "Kingdom of Dreams".

onahc

sarNie Elites
First I want to apologize and say this will be my last post about the awful fashion sense in this drama.

Weir does look like nice in this suit, but what the heck is up with the popped out 70'ish collar thing. I know it's fantasy, but it's going overboard. If they gonna do a period drama, stick with similar and coherent fashion for that time period. The outfits are all over the place. Oh my gosh.

I didn't want to watch ep. 1 so I just skipped to 2. I think it's okay for now.

compared to that ugly band num was wearing on his head, i'd prefer this suit any day.

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
HAHAHAH!!! WEIR IN TIGHTS!!!! LOL. u're so funny!! LOL. yes i'd rather watch this clothes rathr than see weir n tights....or new in tights....i might puke...LOL kidding... i thought the collar thin was pretty cool. and i like the guy's way of dressing...i thought both guys(weir and new) look really really really great in those clothe!! and like someone said, the head band num was wearing kinda bothers me alot...but the girls' clothes are bugging me once in a while...but overall, i like this set of clothes more, cos the older version was more like the arabish, indianish kinda way...

LOL. about the halloween, last halloween, i wanted to buy that kinda clothes, but i didnt find any....u sure u can find those in halloween stores?? I WANNABEA PRINCE. omg!! after watching this lakorn, im gonna go back to thailand this summer and learn how to ride a horse and do some archery(sp?)!!!!! and learn fencing!!(does anyone know any sport that is like the sword fights in this lakorn?? i wanna learn!!) LOL

all of them look soooooo cool!! esp new!! when he's fighting.....i wonder when weir is gonna show his sword fighting skills!!!! I WANNA SEE!! hehe