Good Relationship Articles

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't  know if anybody  here believe in palm reading. I don't but I just like to hear what they have to say. I  had one of my good friend's brother-in-law read my palm last year. He said that I am going to have a bad health problem so be careful. But if I follow up with the Dr. in time I should be OK and it'll help with my health problem. Another one, was he said that when I am 60 I will be sad and alone.

My friend ask him what does that mean...He said, Oh, it's not like your husband is going to die or anything it's just the two of you are going to live apart. One will stay with the older son the other with the younger one. My friend was mad though that he told me all that. Because she said, all she wanted him to do is whether I have money or not lol.

Anyway, the health thing was so ridiculous that two days after he told me, I thought I was going to die with a problem I had no idea. I was in the E.R. 4 times in a span of 1 month an a half. And the doctor didn't know what was going on. I was like holy cow...Well, it turned out I have interstitial cystitis. I swear if anyone every have that let me know. Never in my life I have I experience such pain.

Hahhaha....Ok I have no idea why I wanted to share it but since I wrote it out I don't feel like deleting it :)

cecilia

Staff member
I'm scare of doing any kind of reading so I left those alone -- I'll decide my future lol

Sary, that was a nice poem -- I have a favorite that I posted on my profile (for the singles lol)

sarN

sarNie Granny
byebye said:
I don't  know if anybody  here believe in palm reading. I don't but I just like to hear what they have to say. I  had one of my good friend's brother-in-law read my palm last year. He said that I am going to have a bad health problem so be careful. But if I follow up with the Dr. in time I should be OK and it'll help with my health problem. Another one, was he said that when I am 60 I will be sad and alone.

My friend ask him what does that mean...He said, Oh, it's not like your husband is going to die or anything it's just the two of you are going to live apart. One will stay with the older son the other with the younger one. My friend was mad though that he told me all that. Because she said, all she wanted him to do is whether I have money or not lol.

Anyway, the health thing was so ridiculous that two days after he told me, I thought I was going to die with a problem I had no idea. I was in the E.R. 4 times in a span of 1 month an a half. And the doctor didn't know what was going on. I was like holy cow...Well, it turned out I have interstitial cystitis. I swear if anyone every have that let me know. Never in my life I have I experience such pain.

Hahhaha....Ok I have no idea why I wanted to share it but since I wrote it out I don't feel like deleting it :)

Do not believe in palm/card reading. At 16 years old i had an older man came to my elder and ask for my hand in marriage . Back then I was very popular among the elder in the temple community because during that time my grandma was still alive,  i often take her to temple or other charity event and i would pick up her friends as well and they had son that's like my father age . When I'm  around my grandma and  the elder, I'm very well behave and polite . When I was offer , my mom took me to those palm/card reading and ask to read my love life and it said I will marry an older man 10 + years . It didn't work out because I told him I"m too young and after a couple month of courting me , he couldn't wait and my parent was disappointed . It happen again at 18 , 20 , 22 and each time I was offer my mom would take me to get a card reading and it said the same thing. I was obedience and agreed to my parent  wishes , to give them a chance before making a decision,   I  date them just to get to know them  but none of them work out even though  they give me money , gift and pamper my elder ,   I never love those men and in the process I did took advantage of their affection . The last older man that my parent wanted me to marry to, I was actually engage to him and they even goes to the monk for the wedding date but i pull out/break off the engagement after only 3 weeks . So, you see  I'm not meant to marry an older man like the palm/card reading said  :dance1:  :dance1:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahha Sarn your adventure in love...going to be a story to tell your kids one day :)

I don't believe in it I just like to hear it. None have come true so far. When we were in high school we love to go to the fortune teller or to the temple to have the Monks read our fortune. We went to one temple about 6 of us...and we were such a goof ball even the Monks were shaking their heads. We were asking stupid questions even the monks couldn't come up with one.

At the end of the reading...we didn't have any money to give to the monks so we borrowed $5 from one of the monk and give it to him. He was like, you borrowing my money to give to me hahahahh

sarN

sarNie Granny
i was young and naive  i listen to my elder but there are thing that the heart wants the heart want HAha . I was a good daughter only in front of my elder behind them I'm a rebellious child and does thing secretly to relieve my stress , mostly partying , skipping school ect  but i never voice my wants or need to them and continue to be obedience with whatever they wishes for me to do or act for many years  , in fear of their disappointment , fear of karma and fear of sin because they raise me in a strict religion household. I finally had enough when I realize I can't marry that old fart , I can't live in a lie , it was speak now or forever live with a loveless marriage just because your parent think he the best man for me, thank god , I panic and confesses and I end up returning the new car the next day though Haha. And after that I was finally free to do whatever I want because my parent was so mad they cut tie from me , they were embarrass to face outsider but they got over it after about 1 month when I didn't came home . I took a long vacation to FL  :dance2:  :dance2:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Those palm readings are amusing, I once had one and the woman told me by the time I'm 21 I will marry a very rich man in his 70's and when that man dies, I will marry someone 19 years younger than me, and will have 7 kids with that younger man :lol: 

I was like 18 or something when I had that reading, and by 19 or 20 I was marrying my husband and he's only a year older. He wasn't rich, even on the poor side. I remember leaving my parents house after getting married. We struggled together for awhile. Alot of people thought I won't make it because we're both so young, but we fought through it. Some weeks we only had 50 dollars to buy food for 2 weeks after all the bills, but I still smiled through it and said it's okay. Things were like that for a year or so. Eventually he got on his feet and later went to school and got a very good career. We're not "rich" now, but we are comfortable enough to go to the store throw whatever in our cart and not worry about price. I think maybe this why he loves me so much and appreciates me so much because maybe many girls at my age would have checked out and ran back to their parents :lol:. I don't know if I was just blind or dumb, but in the end I think it was worth it because I know what it's like to struggle so I live frugally now and save money for rainy days. I remember feeling jealous of girls my age who were in school and were able to just go and buy what they want and party all the want (I'm not a party person anyway) with help from their parents and stuff, but I was there worrying about how to stretch 50 dollars for 2 weeks. It made me appreciate money more. Husband always tells me I don't need to look at the price of stuff anymore, but I always feel like I have to. Just because you have the money to spend, doesn't mean you should just spend it. Especially if you plan on having a family later on :lol: 

Sorry I know I ramble alot :lol: 

cecilia

Staff member
What you both have for each other is unconditional love to me ... all you taken ladies are so fortunate to find your good ones. I hope mine will be good to me too :)

sarN

sarNie Granny
cecilia said:
What you both have for each other is unconditional love to me ... all you taken ladies are so fortunate to find your good ones. I hope mine will be good to me too :)

Me toooo! It hard to tell which one is your soul mate really . How can one tell ? There always something you dislike about him or if he lacking in appear , manner , money , education  and ect .  I know everyone have flaw but it hard not to notice those thing when you want the best for yourself and the future as well . Maybe one day love will make me blind to the obvious and since i never been Truly in love , with every man i date i see flaw in them . There ALways something about him to ruin your mood . It suck . really suck . With younger man , I know deep inside it will not  last therefore it never bother me if it didn't work out nor do i feel hurt if i dump him or if he give up on me  . It suck . I guess , I'm meant to be a cougar loll

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Talking about being broke when marriage first started:

My husband didn't have enough money to marry me, he had to borrow money from his brother to have enough to make the amount my mom was asking for. And I had about $350 in my saving account. That was what we started our marriage with $350. The first 4 years we were living on a very tight budget because after 1 year we bought our first house. I was 21 when we bought our first house and being on a tight budget was hard. We wanted to pay our house off before we decided to have any kids, I told my husband I don't want to work after having kids.

I remembered having only $50 to spend until the next pay check because whatever we have we put towards the mortgage. It took us 3 1/2 years to pay our first house off. And that was the best decision and a budget worth being on. I don't care about being rich though, I just wanted to be comfortable. I have this believe that when you have everything, you forget about GOD and I don't want to forget about GOD because without him I would not be where I am today.

I think when you struggle together as a couple you also grow together. And remember those days where you stick with each other through the hard times and less lightly to take each other for granted.

sarN

sarNie Granny
money wise , yes it be great to have somebody who financially stable because I just hate to struggle together loll it will suck the fun out but if i'm to marry now I can support my honey boo , he can just stay home and make babies .

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
sarN said:

Me toooo! It hard to tell which one is your soul mate really . How can one tell ? There always something you dislike about him or if he lacking in appear , manner , money , education  and ect .  I know everyone have flaw but it hard not to notice those thing when you want the best for yourself and the future as well . Maybe one day love will make me blind to the obvious and since i never been Truly in love , with every man i date i see flaw in them . There ALways something about him to ruin your mood . It suck . really suck . With younger man , I know deep inside it will not  last therefore it never bother me if it didn't work out nor do i feel hurt if i dump him or if he give up on me  . It suck . I guess , I'm meant to be a cougar loll
When you gals meet the RIGHT ONE FOR YOU....note my words, you love them flaw(s) and all.  No one is perfect, including oneself!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Nowadays, the "one" is hard to come by. It is amazing to see how relationship changed throughout the years. People back then regard marriage so highly...now they spend ridiculous amount of money on a wedding...which they say an average is $25K. And some don't even last a year. And I don't believe in the 5 year mark anymore. I know a few couples that made to the 20 years mark and still end up divorcing.

I think, by the time 2020 gets here, marriage is a thing of the past. More people are going to just live together or never intend to marry at all.

sarN

sarNie Granny
yeah, average american doesn't earn enough to have a big wedding as well and living together is nearly 75% now a day. marriage is over-rated here HAha vs oversea . looking at the divorce rate % , living together % , single parent % , cheating % , standard of living income in my state , I can clearly see my future in this soul-mate searching affair . It doesn't look good . I'm going be a divorcees with enough kids to goes on welfare and receiving child support check from 2 or 3 different baby's daddy and also I can see myself living together with a younger boyfriend   who working on minimal wage .   

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Family based value is also down. So many couples doesn't even want kids anymore. I don't know why average people want such a grand wedding. I am not talking about the rich folks cause they can afford it but the ones that makes just enough but go all out on a wedding. I think a small, intimate wedding is more meaningful. But that is just me...

And then, there are baby daddies scattered everywhere...I was watching divorce court a while back, one guy had a kid in almost every states, his child support came out to like $1.50 per child. I looked at him and seriously wondered how these women have a kid with him. I think a family foundation is very important to a kid if one chose to ever have one. There are kids that thrive regardless of the parents are divorced or not but there are so many that they end up divorcing themselves later in life.

I think it's commendable for a couple that knows in there heart that they don't want any kids and not have them. When you have kids and doesn't want to be a parent it's selfish. Anyway, not sure how I got to this lol

cecilia

Staff member
Honestly, I think as brides, women need to look at things in a bigger picture and not spend a lot to get that talk of the town wedding. I feel there are many ways for women to plan their 'dream' wedding without having to spend too much.  Heck, they're marrying the man of their dreams so that should be enough lol Anyway, I believe that a wedding is between two people so a small ceremony should be good enough to announce the relationship.  There's no need to let the world know how extravaganza the wedding is because at the end of the day those two people are the two who have to face with the financial hardship and the many challenges along their ways. So, all the big fat wedding should be tone down to small and intimate ones instead. 

Onto having children and depending on other to support, I think people need to take accountability for their actions. If pregnancy is not plan for then don't do it without protection (but protection doesn't always work 100% of the times, notice it's only 99.9%).  They should only do it when one of them or both of them agree to take responsibility for that .01 chance of having a child (of course, this will ruin the moods, thus makes them not want to do it then problem solved lol). But we know this won't happen because at the heat of the moment, people do things without thinking much lol I just feel bad for the end result of an unplanned pregnancy ... I feel so sad every time I see photos of injured babies surfacing on the Internet. They're so helpless and hopeless in most cases. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
my friend never had a bf and when she finally did she was very in love , it's all over her IG ! She wanted to marry him but she want to lose weight before she have a wedding . She talk about how the wedding should be blah blah blah . I was happy for her that she found someone that love her as she is (she over weight) . She start dieting & excising but no matter how much amount of work she put in she can't lose the weight but her stomach seen to get bigger! Till one day she talk to her bf about it and he  jokingly said " maybe you pregnant" . She brought the test kit , it said positive and check herself into a hospital and found out she was 8 month 2 week   . I read about ppl getting pregnant without knowing all the time but never know one who close to me. She was shock ! Then 3 week later she give birth LMAO. A mother in 3 weeks . She happy because the baby was with someone she love and now she said the wedding going to be later because she have to lose the baby fat too haha , now they living together . 

cecilia

Staff member
LOL That's why she's shocked to find out .. now, I understood your story completely. :) I would be shocked to if I find out I'm going to be a baby mama in 3 weeks lol I know when people are in love they'll say things and do things a bit exaggerated lol I'm glad she puts the child first and leave the 'dream' wedding behind because what matter at the end is that she's happy with her little family :)

Of lately, I feel that love comes and goes so before taking the big leap into parenthood I'll be sure to not rush for it lol Also, I think it's okay to do it with the person you love and want to be with .. at least you know that you'll be loved for awhile or for a very long time (that love cushion needs to be there before doing the deed lol). 

sarN

sarNie Granny
o' silly ...silly girl , there are ppl who does the deed w/o being in love at all . i have a friend who  introduce me to liquor --- I'm not a heavy drinker but when ever we goes out she order all kind of shot for me and i learn to drink it well...er kind of because i do goes crazy if have to much . she have a bf and a lover on the side . yes , it's crazy but she have 'booty call'  at odd hour of the night , at first i didn't understand why random man would just come up and kiss her when we at our favorite spot (sport bar) until ( perhaps she was drunk ) she told me those are man that 'booty call' her . The first thing that pop up in my mind was 'you slut' but i held my tongue . She does it for the thrill but she love her bf. Sex to her is exciting when not with someone she love . She a good person just a little sex addicted . 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Gosh Sarn, I don't know what to say about your friend beside it being so wrong.

You said, she loves her boyfriend but what is that love based on though if she is having a "booty call" left and right. She is sharing her body with other men even if she says she's not emotionally connected. How is that fair to her boyfriend whom is in the dark and thinking he gets a faithful girlfriend. If she is a sex addict it is only fair that she does not date but to just sleep around. That should satisfy her need without causing anyone harm.

I understand people having sex but I rather have the person does it without having any attachment. I don't think she would have like it if her boyfriend goes around having sex with other girls. It is her lifestyle and her choice but...sigh...it is just so screwed up in so many ways.

I know a guy who was a rich player. But he said, when he does date a girl he never sleeps around on her. At the same time, if he stops having feeling for her he'll cut her loose so quick she wouldn't know what hit her lol. He changes girlfriend more than I change my socks and it took him till he was 37 to settle down. When he does boy he was a whoop little puppy. They say, those players actually make one of the best husband once they decided to marry.