Hana Yori Dango

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
there's already a thread made on this topic...
but I agreed it's like the opposite...
Meteor Garden the girl was not as hot as the guys
but in Jap version the girl is petty...^_^

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
nooooOOOOooo!!! The subs are being delayed so dunno when it'll be out :( :(

^i think the main girl isn't all that pretty, she's just cute. i don't think barbie is prettier either, but the same...just really bad at acting..and how she runs :loool:

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
just wondering if the subs r good.. cuz it's a very "traditional" jokes. Like.. plays on words and stuff.. Do you guys fully understand them? Cuz i didnt watch the subs.. was wondering if the subs for u guys cover those or at least attempt to explain the jokes..

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
onestupidguy said:
just wondering if the subs r good.. cuz it's a very "traditional" jokes. Like.. plays on words and stuff.. Do you guys fully understand them? Cuz i didnt watch the subs.. was wondering if the subs for u guys cover those or at least attempt to explain the jokes..
[post="41358"][/post]​

they try to but it's not that good...if you want a more in depth explanation the HYD subtitle thread at d-addicts explains a lot of them :lol:

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
Thanks Jam.. but i dun need it. I understand japanese..:rolleyes: Off topic abit, have anyone watch 1 liter of tears? Man.. i'm watching the raw.. and damm its a tear jerker.

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
My 1st time attempting do the caps...n ul all these pics

capture for ep 4

I'll be right back w/ more caps

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
thanks for the caps Linn! you did a very nice job! i just quickly skimmed through ep 4 without the subs but it's definately going somewhat along the meteor garden storyline. is this what also happens in the manga? i thought that mg was very loosely based on the manga... :unsure:

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
yes.. thats what happen in the manga as well. MG was much closer to the manga than the japanese version(plot wise.. but really personality fit). But the japanese version "express" the manga better because its base on the same cultural.

There are scenes with traditional jokes again on ep 4..

I'll just attempt to help u guys out abit

in the elevator part.. he Tsukasa said "bello" which he refers to stomache (yes i know he's really stupid)

And another scene with the family trying to explain "Kikiipatsu" which means sth like "dangerous situation/serious situation"

But the boy think its hitting an mustache guy real hard that he move..

which i dun know how that kid got that idea..

kiki=hand
patsu=leave

but its just meant to show his stupidity

And many more which i'm lazy..

there is one part thats really stupid that i think everyone will understand is when tsukasa tried to protect makino and said sth really stupid.. pretty much in a circle..

sth like "you say what u say in when u sleep(dream) when you're awake, and u dun say what u didnt wanna say when u sleep(dream) when u're awake" blah blah.. it's very confusing which makes no sense whatsoever.. but if u understand japanese.. it's just freaking hilarious...

haha.. i'm sorry i'm very lazy and didn't bother to explain alot of parts in detail.. but if u guys got question.. i'm willing to explain it better lol...

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
thanks for the clarifications. i watched it with the subs and yeah they do sort of clarified the "bello" part but i couldn't understand the one with the little brother. thanks again!

DEGacktmoon

sarNie Hatchling
oh as usual, i'm late... but i've seen meteor garden, too... and i like it... i especially love vic's role... hehe... anyways, the new series sounds way kool, too!!! so imma go and watch it!

hahaha... i'm soo stupid... i don't even know where to go to see the movie... could sumone please give me the url to see it... i can't find it in the media section...

Nameless

N i n j a
You could dl it from clubbox. I think I've posted the link to that cb a few pages back.

This series is getting better and better. I never liked her school friend since the beginning. I had a bad feeling about her and I was right.

meenia

sarNie Adult
I love this series... It may have cut out some of meteor graden funny scenes.. but it's still very cute... I love jun. he's so cute... And yeah the friend from school is getting pretty scary...She freaks me out with just the cold stare.....But she is very pretty i thought...i can't wait till friday to get the next eps...it's getting good...well the best part was the part they got stuck in the elevator.Cute..

neena

sarNie Adult
JaM said:
nooooOOOOooo!!! The subs are being delayed so dunno when it'll be out :( :(

^i think the main girl isn't all that pretty, she's just cute. i don't think barbie is prettier either, but the same...just really bad at acting..and how she runs :loool:
[post="40150"][/post]​

Mao is cute...she's a very good actress too. she is much better in acting then barbie and her running...hehehe...waaaaaaaaaaay better. it IS funny how barbie runs, she seems very weak when she runs.

I think the japanese version of Hana yori dango is waaaaaaaaay better because of the acting. MG is good too now for me because they made up F4 into something real big..its all the bond abt F4 that made MG so big.

tg10

sarNie Egg
Gosh, a little late in adding to this thread. I'm enjoying the drama a lot too. Seems to be a thread about it in almost every forum I visit although it's been long anticipated. Mao is soo cute... I haven't seen MG but I know Barbie and Vic from Mars and F4 anyway, I'd say that I'm hoping the Japanese version will be better despite it being so short.

MatsuJun is doing a good job as are the others. He's dislikeable at the start just like when I read in the manga and then he slowly warms up to you and you can't help but like him for it. I read that MatsuJun also read the manga beforehand due to his sister and mother's influence so he's probably got a good idea of how to portray the character.

I think Matsuda Shota is really cute too (minus the earring and spiked hair... I like it flat). Can't wait for the next episode. Ep 4 is my fave so far.