i find it hard to be friends with white people

Vanida

Save World Save Life
i have all kinds of friends every nationality and some are very nice then your own race but some are stupid and asshole so it depends jjust go find the right person and good one in your space as in close to u some whites peoole are fuckers and some are very nice i hate prep white girls who act so rich and like ewwwwwwww my nails and look what she wearing today who care dam it everyboday has own taste n style iam all style lol

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
it's really hard to make friends with white people...I went to an all white...well let's say 95% of the students were white....school...I talk to them in school but after that it was go home watch tv and play with my asian friends...I don't know why but I guess we just didn't click....maybe because I'm really rooted in my Asian culture that I can't connect them with white people ?...but I do admit that I click so well with Black and hispanics...I have more friends that are blacks and hispanics than white...and my college roomate was white and we didn't click...but that's another story...and for most of my asian friends...most of them are Vietnamese...I hang with them so much I can actually understand Viet....lol...

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Do you think we are loud and sounds like chicken? LOL..I've been told that by a few Asian peeps <_<

Anywho, as for making friends with Caucasians? I think I do pretty well for the most part...communication wise and friendship.

LOL...but, I find it more difficult to make friends with smelly peeps, especially ones with bad body odor...too much suffering! :p

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hahahha.... such an interesting topic :)

are we taking count..is there a poll on the race that we associate with? what the heeezy...

shiet...well, in dat case, we be countin' my tazmanian homiez yeah? oh i mean frends..

can't we just be frends...all i need is just a frend, all i need is just a frend... :D

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
dfemc said:
hahahha.... such an interesting topic :)

are we taking count..is there a poll on the race that we associate with? what the heeezy...

shiet...well, in dat case, we be countin' my tazmanian homiez yeah? oh i mean frends..

can't we just be frends...all i need is just a frend, all i need is just a frend... :D
[post="104983"][/post]​
word.. homie g dawg .. hahah like darvil said.. theres a white friend for everyone.. =P

Sah

sarNie Elites
sooks said:
i think the reason why you're okay with white people is the fact that you've been surrounded by them your whole life. for me.. i've been surrounded by asians my whole life and i can see the difference. white people make the lamest jokes :(
[post="103784"][/post]​
Well, I live and grew up in a community mostly made up of minorities as well. From elementary to middle school, I was completely surrounded by minorities like myself. Caucasian people were the minorities at my elementary and middle school. However, I went to a high school outside of my community where there's an large variety of people. It was a HUGE culture shock at first, don't get me wrong, but I grew on it. I have plenty of Caucasian friends as well as African-American, Asian, Latin/Hispanic friends.

I think it all starts with you and how much you are willing to accept about other people. Of course they are different from you, everyone is, but isn't it our differences that make life more interesting? I think that society also has created a huge barrier between Caucasians and minorities. A lot of people have had it buried in their heads that Caucasian people are racist and think that they are superior to other races. Of course some of them are like that, but there are other people of minority races that believe this, also.There are always going to be good people and bad people, regardless of race.

I think there's still a bit of animosity from previous events in History that the Cauasian man (figuratively speaking) has created. People won't admit that there's still that underlying bit of animosity, but there is. It's just that no one has the guts to say there is.

I also think that a lot of us (minorities) tend to write Caucasian people off before even getting the chance to know them. Most of the time, it is due to past experiences. But we shouldn't let some poor choices that those people made affect what we think about a certain race as a whole. We wouldn't want anyone to do that to us.

Okay, so I guess I turned this into a huge philisophical rant, so I'll stop before I go any futher. I highly doubt anyone read this whole thing, so it's cool. My advice would be to step out of your comfort zone and attempt to get to know some of these people. Of course you'll run into some that you would rather not associate with, but in the mix of that are people that could potentially turn in to some of your best friends. It may seem a bit drastic and aimless, but I really think that reaching out and meeting new kinds of people will really make you a more open-minded and level-headed person.

vina_lek

I grew up in a diverse community. So I don't really have problems w/ people of any race. Well, I usually feel uncomfortable around people who only grew up w/ 1 certain community. I don't know why...but I feel like they always expect me to act a certain way and not be friends w/ people outside the community. It's weird. :unsure:

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Reagan said:
anybody heard that term " white guys taking our asian girls"? lol
[post="109865"][/post]​
ever heard that term...the "asian girls taking ALL the guys"...lol. c'mon reagan...brutha. asian girls don't belong to "YOU" or any "ASIAN GUYS" out there. we ain't owned by NO BODY!

we fall for anybody we want...of any color. ;) if u got flava, we'll take u on.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Sah said:
Well, I live and grew up in a community mostly made up of minorities as well. From elementary to middle school, I was completely surrounded by minorities like myself. Caucasian people were the minorities at my elementary and middle school. However, I went to a high school outside of my community where there's an large variety of people. It was a HUGE culture shock at first, don't get me wrong, but I grew on it. I have plenty of Caucasian friends as well as African-American, Asian, Latin/Hispanic friends.

I think it all starts with you and how much you are willing to accept about other people. Of course they are different from you, everyone is, but isn't it our differences that make life more interesting? I think that society also has created a huge barrier between Caucasians and minorities. A lot of people have had it buried in their heads that Caucasian people are racist and think that they are superior to other races. Of course some of them are like that, but there are other people of minority races that believe this, also.There are always going to be good people and bad people, regardless of race.

I think there's still a bit of animosity from previous events in History that the Cauasian man (figuratively speaking) has created. People won't admit that there's still that underlying bit of animosity, but there is. It's just that no one has the guts to say there is.

I also think that a lot of us (minorities) tend to write Caucasian people off before even getting the chance to know them. Most of the time, it is due to past experiences. But we shouldn't let some poor choices that those people made affect what we think about a certain race as a whole. We wouldn't want anyone to do that to us.

Okay, so I guess I turned this into a huge philisophical rant, so I'll stop before I go any futher. I highly doubt anyone read this whole thing, so it's cool. My advice would be to step out of your comfort zone and attempt to get to know some of these people. Of course you'll run into some that you would rather not associate with, but in the mix of that are people that could potentially turn in to some of your best friends. It may seem a bit drastic and aimless, but I really think that reaching out and meeting new kinds of people will really make you a more open-minded and level-headed person.
[post="106069"][/post]​
I read the whole thing! You have a lot of good points. I totally agree with you. To me it's not the race but rather the person that I can't seem to get along with. Yeah, we are all different and tend to stick to our comfort zones but every race has a person that is narrow-minded. I've met many Asian people who are that way. I've met a few Caucasians who are that way too. I've even met a few Hispanics and African Americans who are that way. My point is, regardless of race or color, there will always closed-minded people. So it isn't the race or color that makes them the way they are but rather the person inside.

Sah

sarNie Elites
tye-niranh said:
I read the whole thing! You have a lot of good points. I totally agree with you. To me it's not the race but rather the person that I can't seem to get along with. Yeah, we are all different and tend to stick to our comfort zones but every race has a person that is narrow-minded. I've met many Asian people who are that way. I've met a few Caucasians who are that way too. I've even met a few Hispanics and African Americans who are that way. My point is, regardless of race or color, there will always closed-minded people. So it isn't the race or color that makes them the way they are but rather the person inside.
[post="109932"][/post]​

Hahah thanks! Yeah, I completely agree with you 100%.

anjos

I had all kind of friends..... it not the race or color that I'm friends w/ it the personaltiy..... if they are fun,nice,great personaltiiy or open mind like me and we click than it all good....

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
HmMmm as for meeh i don't kick it with white people...i think it's hard to find white people that are like urself to hang out with..thats prolly the problem..my boifriends bestfriend is white..and i find him to be very kool...i love kickin it with him..but as for myself i don't have any white friends that i go out and kick it with..i just got some at skool that i talk to thats it!

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
Our town is multi-culture, we have alot of people from different places.
Very few from Asian, to me I click alot with white people or other races, but I hardly talk much, its partly my fault for not clicking with them lol

But when I do, we get along very well, and I must say in my 7 yrs of being overseas, I have more white friends than Asian

L

lalalek

lol.. :loool: :lmao: .this is a very funny topic....then, i use to try to mingle around with other races just to be different because i hated all the clique's that was going around. I manage to make friends with others but still they weren't the best of being BFF's because of the clique situation.

I went to a white school when i was younger so being around asians was kinda new to me....it still felt weird until i met my group of girls.......i got to know more asian people but still i was like okay because i was kinda still white wash at that time.....as time flew by i viewed white people in a different way like because they have their own VALUES or so.....after that day, i just found it kinda hard to associate with WHITE people! So i am Dunzo with them and I actually accept that fact that i like asian people more...lol...i dunno about dating asians guys but hey i am working on that!!! I know better now to stick with my roots and plus nobody understands you more then your own kind of people right? :D B)

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
wow this is really an interesting topic,

i went to a school where there were alittle amount of asians so relating to white/westerners came naturally to me. most of my friends are australians or Europeans

i on the other hand have trouble being friends with asians girls, i can't seem to relate even though i am one myself...weird huh

but asian guy i'm ok with..hehehehe

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
Oh! My! when i saw this topic i thought of all my friends and i only have like 1 02 friends that is white...the majority is asian...wow! :huh:

t0nz

sarNie Juvenile
I don't think it's that hard. It's just you have to not act soo fobby and talk about asian dramas, asian singers. Other than that they are just like us. lol. I find caucasion people to be interested in asian food more than we are.