Issue of the Hmong grave in thailand

ouaher

sarNie Egg
sunflower said:
ummm.. i'm not gonna get into the whole argument between you guys.. but from reading the article that was posted... i got really angry at the chinese and thai gov. i mean.. those are graves! how could you dig up someone's grave? it's just so sad! okay... anti-hmong.. i might be complaining/whining or whatever it is... but i'm sorry..i think it's just soooo sad that people can dig up someone's grave!

and from the article.. it said something about the grave and polluting the the water or something.. can someone please post up more news... damn.. this whole thing is just so sad! so stupid!
[post="62159"][/post]​

About the grave and polluting the water, I don't see no proves any where saying that. I think it is just something they said so they can dig up because if the grave are polluting the water, then why do they have to cut the dead up and keep the bone. They even boiled it! Also, if it can cause harm the people then why are those poeple who are digging it not wearing gloves and masks? They just dug, cut, and scrap the dead with their hands that have no gloves on. Wouldn't they get the disease too?

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
ceda_lee said:
FrozenPearl said:
I thought that this topic is about our people how we each concern on what the Thai government did to our people, not complaining and hating each other. Are you people out there give ideas or argued.

It is true that we are arguing in here...but then again, a lot of us are working together...which is standing up for our Hmong people...aren't you proud of that too?
[post="63543"][/post]​

Ceda_Lee,

Yes, i'm proud of us helping each other, but I just don't like how we start argueed then hating each other. I know that it's part of debating and that's how it's work but try not to hurt others feeling since we are here to disscuss on this topics....Thanks for point that out!! :)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I don't think we hate each other...hate is a strong word to describe how we feel about others...there's just a lot of anger expressed in here...I hope everyone including myself will try to avoid using the word "hate" towards others!!!

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
yea...my dad said the same thing about the rocks....damn....this is a sad thing.......my dad also said how Chinese has always been digging up Hmong graves.....guess it's already been happening for a while now.......dang.....

don't like it how HMONG people have no country.....it's so damn NOT RIGHT!!!

and i don't think anyone is HATING on anyone else....we're all just expressing how we feel through words.....good way to let out all that anger......

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Awww…anti-hmong, it’s a pity that you’re leaving this thread already. We know you care for us, but you didn’t have to leave. Thanks for your sincerity and love for us, otherwise you wouldn’t be in here stating your opinions and making people more aware of the situation. ^_^ (Marduk – thanks for pointing that out about anti-hmong. Some of us know exactly what she’s doing but can you blame us for getting mad? It’d be more understanding if her name wasn’t anti-hmong and just a mediator out there, but once someone hits a certain spot, people’s gonna get mad…she should know better. But yes, I do understand what you’re saying and what she’s saying cause I hate not being openminded, BUT, being who I am, I also gotta comment…)

Okay, so if you, anti-hmong, happen to be reading this:

I was reading this thread and I have a couple of opinions of my own, you see. I would agree with you that hmong people complain a lot and boy, can we complain….pwhahah! BUT…so does every other ethnicity out there. You see, the American people are all complaining about hating Bush and having to spend their own individual money on a currently worthless war and the Laos government are all complaining about all the information being passed across their blinded eyes about the hmong people into the outer world. And every other ethnicity out there has words of their own too. I know, I know, I was shocked too, so you aren’t the only one. But whether you’re white, black, yellow, pink or polka-dotted, we as people, by human nature, COMPLAIN!! Therefore, we complain, you complain, everyone else complains. But note that some of the smarter people out there don’t just complain, they debate with somewhat of a knowledgeable background on the topic to back themselves up. So, anytime now, I would be more than happy to hear your proofs against us hmongs getting nothing done and being stupid, since you’re so smart and proud of it too. And I’m not bashing you, these are your own words.

Furthermore, I thank you for your sincerity and effort in caring for us, saying that the Chinese are wrong to dig up the graves. But my friend, criticizing us by saying that Hmong people had it coming is another story. Since you know soo much about us already, I’m not going to bother explaining our history to you. But make sure you know enough of something to start insulting people, especially a whole race of people. Cause you might just jinx yourself and have that phrase come kickin you in the butt, literally.

So as this thread shows, recently news of the digging of hmong graves in Thailand have approached the surface; and you say that we had it coming?? Hahahahahahahah. Omg, Please. Thank you for worrying soo much though. So yea, we had it coming?? Let’s take a look at the past 30 years of those back in Southeast Asia, those who suffered through the Vietnam War and made it to Thailand only to have this happen. …. What about those innocent children in Laos/Thailand who have done nothing wrong but having been brought into the world as a hmong? Those children who have to suffer for other’s wrongdoings; those that right from a toddler had to learn how to hide from people that are gonna shoot them if they get discovered. What about those who have to help bury their own parents, great grandparents, friends, and relatives bodies? And those that starve to death till this day because members of their clan are dying and everyone is scared to find food? And what about those mothers, who did not hold a gun during the war, but their child and their dying husband? What about those mothers who have to bury their daughter who have just been brutally raped and murdered or their son who had just been shot several times trying to help his sister? What about those families that finally get across the river into Thailand, only to be placed into camps? Those families who just wants to live peacefully but cannot, even after death. What about those elderly who may have fought during the war itself, not held a gun since and have flooded themselves with regret? What about those who helplessly cry every time one of their offspring gets murdered? Okay then, what about those men who have to protect and hold the village together when it was their fathers or even great grandfathers who had fought in the war? Those men that have to bravely take the bullet and stand guard every time their clan is being followed, while the women, children and elderly quietly move out in order to survive? What about those men that successfully gets into Thailand and finds out that there’s less he can do for his family because being in the jungle soo long, doesn’t know how to work (as in jobs)? What about them, eh?? Why, after all their sufferings do they have to go through such sufferings again even after death, with the digging of their graves? Again, I would love to hear an explanation of your “facts� on why Hmong people (not one, but all of them) deserved such fate.

Okay, and we might’ve known about it waay before the graves had actually been dug up, but did you actually think we could do anything about it?? (And how did you know we knew? Cause if you knew we knew, then you must’ve known before we all knew, right?) First off, the hmongs don’t even have a land of their own due to greedy people who keep taking it away, so we can’t actually altogether, as a country, go and attack them and tell them to stop. And secondly, the hmong people living over there, can they do anything? N-O! Because the government is after them, duh! And not only is it the Laos and maybe Thai governements, there’s plenty of them; and the funny thing is, they’re all superior to the hmongs over there, so they’re just dumb. Not picking on people their own size but on people who have helplessly suffered time and time again with nothing to counterattack with. So, since they’re already afraid for their own life, even if they had wanted to do something about it, they couldn’t. But no doubt, that us hmongs feel for each other. Duh, that’s why we’re all in here going against you, and some even bashing you. Aniwaise, in order for ANYONE to do something, they need power. And do you seriously think that those still residing in the camps have power over those that are digging up the graves? Even us in the U.S.A., we need power. O, but don’t you worry. There ARE numerous organizations out there, consisting of hmongs and non-hmongs, all over this great big planet we live in, called earth. And they ARE doing something, if not totally going over there first handedly. So my question to you is, you keep telling us to do something….do YOU have any suggestions? If so, do tell. Maybe we can even start something of our own to help them, you and I. If not, then you should think of one before harshly telling us to shut up and do something about it.

And since I’m sooo “immature�, I’m going to have to repeat myself. Concerning your “facts� on how hmong people are stupid, again, please cite your resources. I’m sure everyone else in here would just love to know. Cause the last time I checked, the hmongs in the jungles…even though they starve and whatnot, they have come up with ways to find and make food from their surroundings, which isn’t much, and they have survived THIRTY years living life like that. The last time I checked, the hmongs in Thailand and overseas, still care for each other otherwise they wouldn’t get upset over such issues, like yours right here. And the last time I checked over here, the population of hmong people going to college, earning a degree and successfully living their life is GROWING! And yes, fyi, we KNOW you’re putting us down…DUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

O yes, and another point I’d like to address, I found this quote of yours pretty funny: “don't go bashing me and my opinion...such stupid hmong people these days…� Pwhahaha…you’re funny…cause believe it or not, you were doing the exact same thing. So do us all a favor and be a little more openminded.

On a side note, it does not matter which ethnic group this grave digging is getting done to, it’s just plain inhumane!! And the hmongs in here reading this, please, make yourself useful. The least you can do is educate other hmongs or non-hmongs about the situation or just about us in general so that people like anti-hmong can’t bash us. Otherwise we’re giving them a very good opportunity. And I applaud whoever started this topic, cause that’s one step closer. But seriously?!! Don’t you guys get annoyed when you tell people you’re hmong and they’re like “what’s a hmong?� I know I do! So yea, if I sound like im preaching…im not. Just stating that we should start to do more so that we can counterattack comments like that. That goes for me too.

Lastly, congrats on finally being mature enough to leave this topic, anit-hmong (although this message is for you). Cause you see, us non-mature people would like to discuss a serious, global issue here. So about this issue, for further information about the Hmong people in Laos/Thailand, please go to factfinding.org and/or suabhmongradio.com. Remember, this is going on RIGHT NOW!

(p.s. you guys are all probably like, “DAYMN...this girl likes to talk a lot!� All I gotta say is “DUUHHHHHHH!!� ^_^ And trust me, I HAD to cut out a lot of sentences to make this a lil shorter. Dammit! When I get mad…I get mad!! Pwhahah…)

Muddie Murda

smile...
nkaujhmooblauj said:
hmm.. i wonder.. are you hmong? since your user name is "anti-hmong" if you hate hmong so much. why have the hmong in your damn user name? anywaise... you could have named yourself something else. are you whitewashed or something? a blonde in here. hmm.. interesting.. maybe all the hmong can do is complain. i don't think you are hmong. since you don't know the stories behind what is taught in school. they don't teach us the hmong people's view.

since you said that the hmong people deserve their graves getting dug up. if you died and some other race of people dug your grave up then you're okay with it? you say it's wrong.. but then you deserve it? i think you're retarded... i think you need to take some time off of sarn world and research the hmong people while you are online to make use of it. =( fawker.
[post="61765"][/post]​
YM_gurl said:
ANTi-HMONG WHITE-WASHED.. Why did your parents bring you to America? big mistake they made.. big big Mistake!!!
[post="62194"][/post]​
:) Please don't use that term. When flaming someone, I think everyone knows that being racist is one of the lowest one can go. Although Anti-Hmong is doing that, you should know better than to drop to that level and do the same back.

nkaujhmooblauj said:
you have a lot of time on your hands...
[post="62768"][/post]​
What? Are you saying that because someone wrote a meaningful post that happens to be long while you have....not even a sentence? Sorry because we have time to reply to people with backup while you...well, you know where you are.

nkaujhmooblauj said:
we hmong ppl have a voo doo curse....
[post="63478"][/post]​
What? :lmao:

YM_gurl said:
Let them people do whatever they want.. Our Hmong people will get them...
[post="63512"][/post]​
:lol: Come on, don't threat. Hmong people will get them? For years, I don't think Hmong people have been able to do much. They all seem to talk the talk and can't walk the walk.

bugsy said:
Okay, and we might’ve known about it waay before the graves had actually been dug up, but did you actually think we could do anything about it?? (And how did you know we knew? Cause if you knew we knew, then you must’ve known before we all knew, right?) First off, the hmongs don’t even have a land of their own due to greedy people who keep taking it away, so we can’t actually altogether, as a country, go and attack them and tell them to stop. And secondly, the hmong people living over there, can they do anything? N-O! Because the government is after them, duh! And not only is it the Laos and maybe Thai governements, there’s plenty of them; and the funny thing is, they’re all superior to the hmongs over there, so they’re just dumb. Not picking on people their own size but on people who have helplessly suffered time and time again with nothing to counterattack with. So, since they’re already afraid for their own life, even if they had wanted to do something about it, they couldn’t. But no doubt, that us hmongs feel for each other. Duh, that’s why we’re all in here going against you, and some even bashing you. Aniwaise, in order for ANYONE to do something, they need power. And do you seriously think that those still residing in the camps have power over those that are digging up the graves? Even us in the U.S.A., we need power. O, but don’t you worry. There ARE numerous organizations out there, consisting of hmongs and non-hmongs, all over this great big planet we live in, called earth. And they ARE doing something, if not totally going over there first handedly. So my question to you is, you keep telling us to do something….do YOU have any suggestions? If so, do tell. Maybe we can even start something of our own to help them, you and I. If not, then you should think of one before harshly telling us to shut up and do something about it.
[post="72514"][/post]​
If they couldn't do anything about it back then, what can they do now? Isn't it too late? They knew before hand that this was going to happen. They wanted until too late to do something. All they can do now is watch and cry. It is a sad sight to see.

And since I’m sooo “immature�, I’m going to have to repeat myself. Concerning your “facts� on how hmong people are stupid, again, please cite your resources. I’m sure everyone else in here would just love to know. Cause the last time I checked, the hmongs in the jungles…even though they starve and whatnot, they have come up with ways to find and make food from their surroundings, which isn’t much, and they have survived THIRTY years living life like that.
I think that's called nature. :D Every ethnicity and culture of human can do that.

And the last time I checked over here, the population of hmong people going to college, earning a degree and successfully living their life is GROWING! And yes, fyi, we KNOW you’re putting us down…DUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
College people are stupid too. :D No matter what ethnicity.
Proof: Me :D

Though, I'm proud of them for working their way into education! :)

And the hmongs in here reading this, please, make yourself useful. The least you can do is educate other hmongs or non-hmongs about the situation or just about us in general so that people like anti-hmong can’t bash us.
Agreed! Educate, not flame! :)

---------------------

This whole situation is very sad. In my view, I believe they're just doing this to get rid of the Hmongs. Why else would they leave the Chinese grave near by at peace?

Oh, and that whole [immature] arguement back there, that was really useless. I got tired of the same thing being repeated. You know, the "You're dumb" "No I'm not! You are! :(" thing. Get on to real discussions.

I must say, if you stripped away Anti-Hmong's name, place another mask on her (a Hmong one), and throw her on a stage, she could educate you a bit on the Hmongs. She's a hypocrite. She's a hater. But remember...she's so mysterious too. haha It'd surprise you how much she really knows.

Oh, and about Hmong people and a country? I'm sorry, but I think that would be one messed up country. Think about it. I don't think Hmong people will be able to ever have their own country because they don't have the ability to keep one up. If so, they would totally have one by now. Ever heard that one story about that one smart Hmong boy? He was so very very smart that Hmong people fed him rotten chicken and other rotten food so he'd grow dumb. That's sad what Hmong people do to one another.

This may be the time that all Hmongs join together in hand. They need to drop their egos about "Hmong is so great they will get you." They need to stop with their egos and love one another. They need to stop hating on another clan and love one another.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
I would agree with you on some of what you said Muddie. It would be very wacked if, at the present time, Hmong people were given a country because it's already been too long now that we've not had one so we wouldnt know how to run one. Plus, some Hmongs are soo egocentric that it wouldnt work out well. But just cause we never had a country doesnt mean we cant have one now. Whether we're able to hold it up or not is our problem, cause there's plenty of suffering countries out there too. But I'm not saying we should go get ourself one, cause alot of us are happy where we are at the present.

And I too believe that now is the best time for Hmongs all over to get together, hand in hand. Because it's only when you fall down can you learn to pick yourself up. It's only when the worst things happen that you learn something from it. As happy as I am that there are Hmong and non-Hmong individuals out there willing to make a difference, I am also dissapointed...because yes, there are alot of hmongs who talk the talk but cant walk the walk. BUT, Hmong's are just like anyone else...different in personalities. So you cant really pull them all together in using the word Hmong. It's just because of our background and the fact that we are a minority do people assume such things of all of us.

And about Anti-hmong, even though I dislike what she's said, I still have an openmind about her because I dont exactly know who she is, cause she IS mysterious. But nevertheless, criticizing a whole race of people is offensive, no matter which race you're bashing. So even if she could teach us a thing or two, she could at least be more openminded while doing so. And yes, other people who have attacked her could be too. I'm not saying I'm perfect or right or wrong or any of that. Cause I, too, need to improve on myself as a human being. And if i sound like im preaching, that wasn't my initiative.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
bugsy said:
I would agree with you on some of what you said Muddie. It would be very wacked if, at the present time, Hmong people were given a country because it's already been too long now that we've not had one so we wouldnt know how to run one. Plus, some Hmongs are soo egocentric that it wouldnt work out well. But just cause we never had a country doesnt mean we cant have one now. Whether we're able to hold it up or not is our problem, cause there's plenty of suffering countries out there too. But I'm not saying we should go get ourself one, cause alot of us are happy where we are at the present.

And I too believe that now is the best time for Hmongs all over to get together, hand in hand. Because it's only when you fall down can you learn to pick yourself up. It's only when the worst things happen that you learn something from it. As happy as I am that there are Hmong and non-Hmong individuals out there willing to make a difference, I am also dissapointed...because yes, there are alot of hmongs who talk the talk but cant walk the walk. BUT, Hmong's are just like anyone else...different in personalities. So you cant really pull them all together in using the word Hmong. It's just because of our background and the fact that we are a minority do people assume such things of all of us.

And about Anti-hmong, even though I dislike what she's said, I still have an openmind about her because I dont exactly know who she is, cause she IS mysterious. But nevertheless, criticizing a whole race of people is offensive, no matter which race you're bashing. So even if she could teach us a thing or two, she could at least be more openminded while doing so. And yes, other people who have attacked her could be too. I'm not saying I'm perfect or right or wrong or any of that. Cause I, too, need to improve on myself as a human being. And if i sound like im preaching, that wasn't my initiative.
[post="72757"][/post]​
FINALLY!!!!!...someone who has enough intelligence to speak his/her mind without getting all anal about the self-righteousness of the almighty hmongs...

and about being open-minded...i consider myself to be very open-minded...from the postings it might seem like i'm narrow-minded...but people need to get to know me first before they start labeling me...and i'm not just talking about me...i'm talking in general...get to really know someone before you judge them...show me that common courtesy and i'll show you the same...like muddie says...i'll admit...i'm a hypocrite but that doesn't mean i know everything

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
I was reading this thread and I have a couple of opinions of my own, you see. I would agree with you that hmong people complain a lot and boy, can we complain….pwhahah! BUT…so does every other ethnicity out there. You see, the American people are all complaining about hating Bush and having to spend their own individual money on a currently worthless war and the Laos government are all complaining about all the information being passed across their blinded eyes about the hmong people into the outer world. And every other ethnicity out there has words of their own too. I know, I know, I was shocked too, so you aren’t the only one. But whether you’re white, black, yellow, pink or polka-dotted, we as people, by human nature, COMPLAIN!! Therefore, we complain, you complain, everyone else complains. But note that some of the smarter people out there don’t just complain, they debate with somewhat of a knowledgeable background on the topic to back themselves up. So, anytime now, I would be more than happy to hear your proofs against us hmongs getting nothing done and being stupid, since you’re so smart and proud of it too. And I’m not bashing you, these are your own words.

first off...yes...everyone complains...but after complaining...actually go out there and do something...more often than not...hmong people just sit back and complain some more...thinking if they do enough complaining everything's gonna go away...like it's gonna take care of itself...you want proof that hmongs aren't doing anything?...look around you...you're surrounded by people who proclaims that this is wrong but only a small percentage of them are stepping up to the occasion...in my opinion this should be one of those national news because there is a fair amount of hmong population here in the states...but do you see that happening?...NO!...yeah, you see articles about it and videos but guess what...it's only in the hmong newspaper...and for the past month or so there's been no update in the papers...and those videos?...they're intended for only hmong viewers...is that enough proof for you that hmongs aren't doing anything?...not only that...st. paul has one of the largest hmong population...but i don't see any fliers being distributed to give out information regarding the issue to others outside of the hmong community...i haven't seen or heard of any protestation to get the government to do something...yes, mee moua has done some things but she's only one person and one person can only do so much

Furthermore, I thank you for your sincerity and effort in caring for us, saying that the Chinese are wrong to dig up the graves. But my friend, criticizing us by saying that Hmong people had it coming is another story. Since you know soo much about us already, I’m not going to bother explaining our history to you. But make sure you know enough of something to start insulting people, especially a whole race of people. Cause you might just jinx yourself and have that phrase come kickin you in the butt, literally.

So as this thread shows, recently news of the digging of hmong graves in Thailand have approached the surface; and you say that we had it coming?? Hahahahahahahah. Omg, Please. Thank you for worrying soo much though. So yea, we had it coming?? Let’s take a look at the past 30 years of those back in Southeast Asia, those who suffered through the Vietnam War and made it to Thailand only to have this happen. …. What about those innocent children in Laos/Thailand who have done nothing wrong but having been brought into the world as a hmong? Those children who have to suffer for other’s wrongdoings; those that right from a toddler had to learn how to hide from people that are gonna shoot them if they get discovered. What about those who have to help bury their own parents, great grandparents, friends, and relatives bodies? And those that starve to death till this day because members of their clan are dying and everyone is scared to find food? And what about those mothers, who did not hold a gun during the war, but their child and their dying husband? What about those mothers who have to bury their daughter who have just been brutally raped and murdered or their son who had just been shot several times trying to help his sister? What about those families that finally get across the river into Thailand, only to be placed into camps? Those families who just wants to live peacefully but cannot, even after death. What about those elderly who may have fought during the war itself, not held a gun since and have flooded themselves with regret? What about those who helplessly cry every time one of their offspring gets murdered? Okay then, what about those men who have to protect and hold the village together when it was their fathers or even great grandfathers who had fought in the war? Those men that have to bravely take the bullet and stand guard every time their clan is being followed, while the women, children and elderly quietly move out in order to survive? What about those men that successfully gets into Thailand and finds out that there’s less he can do for his family because being in the jungle soo long, doesn’t know how to work (as in jobs)? What about them, eh?? Why, after all their sufferings do they have to go through such sufferings again even after death, with the digging of their graves? Again, I would love to hear an explanation of your “facts� on why Hmong people (not one, but all of them) deserved such fate.

and i stand by my comment that the hmongs had it coming......yes, it's unfair and inhumane but c'mon...can you really blame the chinese for wanting to get rid of hmongs?...can you really blame the laos or the thais?...for as long as i know, hmongs have been jumping from country to country...yes, they were forced out but they should've realized long ago that no one likes to have their country invaded by a bunch of outsiders...and that's what hmong people are...they're outsiders...take your home for example...you wouldn't like it if some stranger of a different culture/tradition/language/etc etc invaded your home right?...i mean all of a sudden they just show up and just started cohabitating with you...sharing your resources and depleating them and not giving anything in return or helping you find more resources...you wouldn't like that either would you?...just like the mongolians, chinese, laotian, and thais don't like hmongs invading their space...depleting their resources and not giving anything in return

i'm not the only one who knew about it...like i said it's been in the hmong paper...and it's been in there since the summer of last year so you can't be surprised about it...greedy people taking away hmong people's land?...the way i see it was the other way around...and as for them not picking people their own size?...i've said it before and i'll say it again...hmong people invaded their country...of course, they'll want to get rid of them...and not only that but hmongs helped the americans during to vietnam war...what would you do if you were in their position?...would you just let the hmongs settle in your country and potentially taking your opponent's side again when there's a war?...i'm sure you'll be doing the same thing

And since I’m sooo “immature�, I’m going to have to repeat myself. Concerning your “facts� on how hmong people are stupid, again, please cite your resources. I’m sure everyone else in here would just love to know. Cause the last time I checked, the hmongs in the jungles…even though they starve and whatnot, they have come up with ways to find and make food from their surroundings, which isn’t much, and they have survived THIRTY years living life like that. The last time I checked, the hmongs in Thailand and overseas, still care for each other otherwise they wouldn’t get upset over such issues, like yours right here. And the last time I checked over here, the population of hmong people going to college, earning a degree and successfully living their life is GROWING! And yes, fyi, we KNOW you’re putting us down…DUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

if you see my criticisms as put downs...that's your prerogative...like muddie said...hmongs are not the only ones who can survive the jungle...it's been done over and over again before hmongs ever existed...it's called adaptation and survival...as for hmongs going to college...yes, more are going to college but compare the statistics...i'm sure you'll agree with me that hmongs have one of the lowest percentages in college or with a college degree and now that wannabe gangster rates are going back up again...the college entrance rates are going back down again...hmong people are smart people but the thing is...they don't put that smartness to good use...they waste it away until there's nothing left and that's something to pity

O yes, and another point I’d like to address, I found this quote of yours pretty funny: “don't go bashing me and my opinion...such stupid hmong people these days…� Pwhahaha…you’re funny…cause believe it or not, you were doing the exact same thing. So do us all a favor and be a little more openminded.

i was being open-minded...but when people start saying crap about me when they don't even know me or what i'm thinking...then it's fair game for me to do it too...why don't you all do yourself a favor and just debate and argue for your points without going all holier than thou

Lastly, congrats on finally being mature enough to leave this topic, anit-hmong (although this message is for you). Cause you see, us non-mature people would like to discuss a serious, global issue here. So about this issue, for further information about the Hmong people in Laos/Thailand, please go to factfinding.org and/or suabhmongradio.com. Remember, this is going on RIGHT NOW!

there's nothing wrong with discussing issues like these and debating about it...the immaturity comment stem from the fact that people weren't pay attention to what i was writing...they see the name and they just automatically labeled me as someone who's out to get them when that wasn't my intention at all...

.........and with that...peace out

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Anti-hmong...your other comments, I really don't care about anymore because I think I've said what I wanted to say so you are free to say what you want to say...except for your last comment on the labeling theory...I haven't seen this one yet...of course when you thought of that name in the first place, your "intentions" was to draw attention...I mean come on...you have to realize that before coming up with the name...people are gonna respond to that name...how did you not think of this? and this wasn't your intention at all?

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
dude...i'm done with going back and forth with you ceda...you've got a problem?...DEAL WITH IT!...i was just responding to bugsby...is that a crime?...no where in there did i mention your name...it's called, DEBATING!!!...you want a definition along with it too?...and what's this problem you've got with my name?...you want it too?...is that it?...if not, then leave it alone...i've got my own reasons for having the name...last i checked this is still a free country...sheesh...enough whining about the name already...i'm not gonna change it just for you so i guess you'll just have to live with it whether you like or not...becuz contrary to what you'd like to see happen...i don't live just to please you...if you want to debate with me like bugsby then bring it on...if not then stop trying to start something with me...sheesh, dense people these days

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Dense people? Haha...okay...so now you think you have to mention my name first before I can respond...everyone is free to write in here...since when did you start making rules for this forum...or am I late or something? and Dude? yes, Dude...you did not get my message at all...and you're going around saying that people don't understand you...pssh...I already said that I didn't care about your other comments...meaing, I didn't wanna go back in forth about them again...but this, this is something new...I just have my opinion on this labeling thing...and no, I don't need a definition of debating...cause that's exactly what I'm doing...so is everyone else...I've always brought it on, you just don't wanna deal with it...I guess you're the one who really needs a definition...right? There...you said it yourself, again...it is a free country!!! So I can say whatever to you right? Absolutely correct!!! I'm questioning...not whinning...If you can't put up with the fact that I too have the right to comment freely in here, then you DEAL with it!!! Oh and...keep the name...I find it more interesting and I have more to say about it (no one ever asked you to change it)...you brought that up yourself...perhaps, with all these comments...you're probably thinking of changing it on your own...you think? maybe?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
anti-hmong said:
I was reading this thread and I have a couple of opinions of my own, you see. I would agree with you that hmong people complain a lot and boy, can we complain?.pwhahah! BUT?so does every other ethnicity out there. You see, the American people are all complaining about hating Bush and having to spend their own individual money on a currently worthless war and the Laos government are all complaining about all the information being passed across their blinded eyes about the hmong people into the outer world. And every other ethnicity out there has words of their own too. I know, I know, I was shocked too, so you aren?t the only one. But whether you?re white, black, yellow, pink or polka-dotted, we as people, by human nature, COMPLAIN!! Therefore, we complain, you complain, everyone else complains. But note that some of the smarter people out there don?t just complain, they debate with somewhat of a knowledgeable background on the topic to back themselves up. So, anytime now, I would be more than happy to hear your proofs against us hmongs getting nothing done and being stupid, since you?re so smart and proud of it too. And I?m not bashing you, these are your own words.

first off...yes...everyone complains...but after complaining...actually go out there and do something...more often than not...hmong people just sit back and complain some more...thinking if they do enough complaining everything's gonna go away...like it's gonna take care of itself...you want proof that hmongs aren't doing anything?...look around you...you're surrounded by people who proclaims that this is wrong but only a small percentage of them are stepping up to the occasion...in my opinion this should be one of those national news because there is a fair amount of hmong population here in the states...but do you see that happening?...NO!...yeah, you see articles about it and videos but guess what...it's only in the hmong newspaper...and for the past month or so there's been no update in the papers...and those videos?...they're intended for only hmong viewers...is that enough proof for you that hmongs aren't doing anything?...not only that...st. paul has one of the largest hmong population...but i don't see any fliers being distributed to give out information regarding the issue to others outside of the hmong community...i haven't seen or heard of any protestation to get the government to do something...yes, mee moua has done some things but she's only one person and one person can only do so much

Furthermore, I thank you for your sincerity and effort in caring for us, saying that the Chinese are wrong to dig up the graves. But my friend, criticizing us by saying that Hmong people had it coming is another story. Since you know soo much about us already, I?m not going to bother explaining our history to you. But make sure you know enough of something to start insulting people, especially a whole race of people. Cause you might just jinx yourself and have that phrase come kickin you in the butt, literally.

So as this thread shows, recently news of the digging of hmong graves in Thailand have approached the surface; and you say that we had it coming?? Hahahahahahahah. Omg, Please. Thank you for worrying soo much though. So yea, we had it coming?? Let?s take a look at the past 30 years of those back in Southeast Asia, those who suffered through the Vietnam War and made it to Thailand only to have this happen. ?. What about those innocent children in Laos/Thailand who have done nothing wrong but having been brought into the world as a hmong? Those children who have to suffer for other?s wrongdoings; those that right from a toddler had to learn how to hide from people that are gonna shoot them if they get discovered. What about those who have to help bury their own parents, great grandparents, friends, and relatives bodies? And those that starve to death till this day because members of their clan are dying and everyone is scared to find food? And what about those mothers, who did not hold a gun during the war, but their child and their dying husband? What about those mothers who have to bury their daughter who have just been brutally raped and murdered or their son who had just been shot several times trying to help his sister? What about those families that finally get across the river into Thailand, only to be placed into camps? Those families who just wants to live peacefully but cannot, even after death. What about those elderly who may have fought during the war itself, not held a gun since and have flooded themselves with regret? What about those who helplessly cry every time one of their offspring gets murdered? Okay then, what about those men who have to protect and hold the village together when it was their fathers or even great grandfathers who had fought in the war? Those men that have to bravely take the bullet and stand guard every time their clan is being followed, while the women, children and elderly quietly move out in order to survive? What about those men that successfully gets into Thailand and finds out that there?s less he can do for his family because being in the jungle soo long, doesn?t know how to work (as in jobs)? What about them, eh?? Why, after all their sufferings do they have to go through such sufferings again even after death, with the digging of their graves? Again, I would love to hear an explanation of your ?facts? on why Hmong people (not one, but all of them) deserved such fate.

and i stand by my comment that the hmongs had it coming......yes, it's unfair and inhumane but c'mon...can you really blame the chinese for wanting to get rid of hmongs?...can you really blame the laos or the thais?...for as long as i know, hmongs have been jumping from country to country...yes, they were forced out but they should've realized long ago that no one likes to have their country invaded by a bunch of outsiders...and that's what hmong people are...they're outsiders...take your home for example...you wouldn't like it if some stranger of a different culture/tradition/language/etc etc invaded your home right?...i mean all of a sudden they just show up and just started cohabitating with you...sharing your resources and depleating them and not giving anything in return or helping you find more resources...you wouldn't like that either would you?...just like the mongolians, chinese, laotian, and thais don't like hmongs invading their space...depleting their resources and not giving anything in return

Okay, and we might?ve known about it waay before the graves had actually been dug up, but did you actually think we could do anything about it?? (And how did you know we knew? Cause if you knew we knew, then you must?ve known before we all knew, right?) First off, the hmongs don?t even have a land of their own due to greedy people who keep taking it away, so we can?t actually altogether, as a country, go and attack them and tell them to stop. And secondly, the hmong people living over there, can they do anything? N-O! Because the government is after them, duh! And not only is it the Laos and maybe Thai governements, there?s plenty of them; and the funny thing is, they?re all superior to the hmongs over there, so they?re just dumb. Not picking on people their own size but on people who have helplessly suffered time and time again with nothing to counterattack with. So, since they?re already afraid for their own life, even if they had wanted to do something about it, they couldn?t. But no doubt, that us hmongs feel for each other. Duh, that?s why we?re all in here going against you, and some even bashing you. Aniwaise, in order for ANYONE to do something, they need power. And do you seriously think that those still residing in the camps have power over those that are digging up the graves? Even us in the U.S.A., we need power. O, but don?t you worry. There ARE numerous organizations out there, consisting of hmongs and non-hmongs, all over this great big planet we live in, called earth. And they ARE doing something, if not totally going over there first handedly. So my question to you is, you keep telling us to do something?.do YOU have any suggestions? If so, do tell. Maybe we can even start something of our own to help them, you and I. If not, then you should think of one before harshly telling us to shut up and do something about it.

i'm not the only one who knew about it...like i said it's been in the hmong paper...and it's been in there since the summer of last year so you can't be surprised about it...greedy people taking away hmong people's land?...the way i see it was the other way around...and as for them not picking people their own size?...i've said it before and i'll say it again...hmong people invaded their country...of course, they'll want to get rid of them...and not only that but hmongs helped the americans during to vietnam war...what would you do if you were in their position?...would you just let the hmongs settle in your country and potentially taking your opponent's side again when there's a war?...i'm sure you'll be doing the same thing

And since I?m sooo ?immature?, I?m going to have to repeat myself. Concerning your ?facts? on how hmong people are stupid, again, please cite your resources. I?m sure everyone else in here would just love to know. Cause the last time I checked, the hmongs in the jungles?even though they starve and whatnot, they have come up with ways to find and make food from their surroundings, which isn?t much, and they have survived THIRTY years living life like that. The last time I checked, the hmongs in Thailand and overseas, still care for each other otherwise they wouldn?t get upset over such issues, like yours right here. And the last time I checked over here, the population of hmong people going to college, earning a degree and successfully living their life is GROWING! And yes, fyi, we KNOW you?re putting us down?DUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

if you see my criticisms as put downs...that's your prerogative...like muddie said...hmongs are not the only ones who can survive the jungle...it's been done over and over again before hmongs ever existed...it's called adaptation and survival...as for hmongs going to college...yes, more are going to college but compare the statistics...i'm sure you'll agree with me that hmongs have one of the lowest percentages in college or with a college degree and now that wannabe gangster rates are going back up again...the college entrance rates are going back down again...hmong people are smart people but the thing is...they don't put that smartness to good use...they waste it away until there's nothing left and that's something to pity

O yes, and another point I?d like to address, I found this quote of yours pretty funny: ?don't go bashing me and my opinion...such stupid hmong people these days?? Pwhahaha?you?re funny?cause believe it or not, you were doing the exact same thing. So do us all a favor and be a little more openminded.

i was being open-minded...but when people start saying crap about me when they don't even know me or what i'm thinking...then it's fair game for me to do it too...why don't you all do yourself a favor and just debate and argue for your points without going all holier than thou

there's nothing wrong with discussing issues like these and debating about it...the immaturity comment stem from the fact that people weren't pay attention to what i was writing...they see the name and they just automatically labeled me as someone who's out to get them when that wasn't my intention at all...

.........and with that...peace out

[post="72891"][/post]​

Who cares! :p you always have so much to say...
You're Hmoob! so be it! Blame your parents.. don't blame
us... be kewl! :)

<~~~EnD Of DisCussion~~~>

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
dude...did you even read what i wrote?...if you did, i'm sure you'll agree with me that in my reply that you quoted there's nothing in there regarding my hate towards hmong...all i wrote was my opinion and thoughts on the issue...sheesh...do a little replying and you people starting getting all anal about hmong being this and being that and how great they are...can't you people at least skim through what i write and try to understand what i'm trying to say before getting all holier than thou?...if not...then just skip my replies and leave it to those who understands and respond to me by giving me a relevant argument in return...instead of just spouting their mouth off with a bunch of mumbo jumbo trying to get me to feel sorry for the hmongs...it's actually more pathetic if you ask me...i mean this just proves my point that you all are praising how great hmongs are but here you are going around just trying to rip people's heads off instead of trying to prove your points that hmongs are oh so great...which is a pity...and what do you mean who cares?...if you didn't care, you wouldn't be quoting my reply and proving to me that hmongs are all talk and no show :loool: :loool: :loool: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
anti-hmong said:
dude...did you even read what i wrote?...if you did, i'm sure you'll agree with me that in my reply that you quoted there's nothing in there regarding my hate towards hmong...all i wrote was my opinion and thoughts on the issue...sheesh...do a little replying and you people starting getting all anal about hmong being this and being that and how great they are...can't you people at least skim through what i write and try to understand what i'm trying to say before getting all holier than thou?...if not...then just skip my replies and leave it to those who understands and respond to me by giving me a relevant argument in return...instead of just spouting their mouth off with a bunch of mumbo jumbo trying to get me to feel sorry for the hmongs...it's actually more pathetic if you ask me...i mean this just proves me point that you all are praising how great hmongs are but here you are going around just trying to bash people instead of trying to prove your points that hmongs are oh so great...which is a pity
[post="73589"][/post]​
nobody said the hmongs were so great.. i didn't..
Who kares..btw, you write too much.. hahaha..
You are Hmong too so live with it..
:D

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
anti-hmong said:
dude...did you even read what i wrote?...if you did, i'm sure you'll agree with me that in my reply that you quoted there's nothing in there regarding my hate towards hmong...all i wrote was my opinion and thoughts on the issue...sheesh...do a little replying and you people starting getting all anal about hmong being this and being that and how great they are...can't you people at least skim through what i write and try to understand what i'm trying to say before getting all holier than thou?...if not...then just skip my replies and leave it to those who understands and respond to me by giving me a relevant argument in return...instead of just spouting their mouth off with a bunch of mumbo jumbo trying to get me to feel sorry for the hmongs...it's actually more pathetic if you ask me...i mean this just proves my point that you all are praising how great hmongs are but here you are going around just trying to rip people's heads off instead of trying to prove your points that hmongs are oh so great...which is a pity...and what do you mean who cares?...if you didn't care, you wouldn't be quoting my reply and proving to me that hmongs are all talk and no show :loool:  :loool:  :loool:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
[post="73589"][/post]​
Same goes for you...we just simply disagree with you...I don't remember anyone prasing how great hmongs are...if anything, they were just acknowledging their values and showing appreciation for their culture and showing pride in who they are...you just got all anal about it!!! What a freaking hyprocrite!!! :lol: :lol:

amaymoua

sarNie Egg
All of you guys need to take a step back and look at big picture....

Look people ---- I'm not taking sides, but everyone needs to realize, that the Hmong people are now just being given the same opportunties as the rest of the world one or two hundreds years ago... give them so time.... the United State did not become what it is today over nite.... it took hundreds of years and many wars to get to where they are now. Come- on look... there is yet to be a Black or even a WOMAN president yet, and it's the most powerful and developed country in the world.

You can't expect the hmong people to be all great just because some talk the talk but can't walk the walk... We all do the talk, but sometime can't walk the walk... but doing the talking, it's a step towards the walk... so keep an open mind... a single step is a start of a walk.

For all good things to happen, let time do it's thing.... greatness does not happen over nite.... I'm not saying that the Hmong are going to be the greatest thing and I'm not saying that they're not... but let time do it's work...