Kwan Ausamanee smoking

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah. U.S. celebrities smoke. But, whatev, it's her business.

I do wanna know how she has great skin smoking. and is she really getting kicked to the curb for this? There's stars who get tattoos, smoke pot, drink, get pregnant etc. in the entertainment business & still get to keep their jobs in Thailand.

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
They can do what they want the only thing is they need to admit it. Which she's not. She's denying everything. If your going to do something you should take responsibility over what you did. A lot of people in the world knows what's good and bad for themself just they choose to do it anyways. Then again some people are just gullible. *shrugs*

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
i still like kwan .. >_< .. hehehe xp .. lalalalala..

noungning

Heartless
But do you really think that just because she's a celebrity and people admire her, want to be like her, she's obligated to do what makes her look good?

She probably does that anyways, I'm sure every celebrity does. Lets say she really was smoking (since it's been revealed that it's a fake cig) don't you think she would know something like this is bad for her socially? Not only would she be publicly critisized, but it could end her career.

I don't know about anyone else, but I watch her purely for her acting. I don't care how actors/actresses look, the reason they're called actors is because...they act. Beauty always gives it a major boost, but everyone sees beauty in different ways. I see beauty in great actors.
the answer to question 1, YES, because that is thailand, and not the US where they have freedom to do as they please even if say "it's my life"... people will just say fine, it's ur life then stop going on tv and making money off of us as viewers... as a celebrity you need viewers to survive... and if she does things that are considered off key from the societal norm, she will eventually have to say goodbye to the industry.

another example... mam katreeya, if she can do anything and it's her life, then why isn't she the miss o so popular she once was? simply because she got pregnant and acted like thailand was stupid for not realizing she was pregnant. audiences doesn't like being made stupid. if u're pregnant then just step up to the plate and appologize for being immature. they need an audience to survive in that industry so doing what they please will not buy them their luxurious lifestyles they desire.

i'm sure a majority of the celebraties in thailand does some kind of drug whether legal or illegal, but the point is, u have eyes constantly looking at you, you have to be careful of the things you are doing because u should know that every move you make, it will be publicized.

a good celebrity will be able to hold their craving to smoke, and smoke while they are somewhere that isn't public and can be seen with a cig in their hand... or if even, she's young, she has no business smoking at that age. so even if she can do whatever she pleases, doesn't it seem kinda weird to have a "popular celebrity in their teens" smoking? compare and contrast, if people who cherishes miley cirus, i.e. the 10 year olds in the US right now, see her smoking... what would u say to ur younger siblings? oh she's smoking, it's ok, it's her life? seriously?? "ok, sis, then i'll smoke too because it's my life"

so i'm assuming u watch any tv series. even if the celebrities on the series are no namers and they don't look appealing, u will give it a try. good for you, but there are many shallow people that will not just watch because of talent. they only give a chance to someone who is "ok" looking, and watch the preview... then if the song sucks they just shut it off. only speaking from witnessing on either here or elsewhere.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
First off, why are they making such a big deal about some actress smoking?
Now, if she was caught smoking weed, that's another story.
I'm all for not smoking because I have asthma, but seriously, it's her business whether she wants to do it or not. I don't get what the big deal is.

As for the "fake" cigg. Unless she was acting and pretending to smoke, I don't understand why she would have a "fake" cigg and pretend to smoke in any other setting, that would just be strange. Who goes to every day outings and pretends to smoke?

I didn't know Kat was pregnant. I still like her though.

I think it's just silly that viewers, any viewers, would think that anyone should stop doing their job (yes, acting, music, etc. is a job) just because their viewers might be offended. Now, if they did something that goes against their contract, that's another story. These people do their jobs for the money and/or because this is what they enjoy doing. They do it to entertain others (because honestly, do YOU plan to do their job if they're gone? Could you even do as good of a job?), that's their job. People forget that and forget that these are regular people, who at the end of shooting have their own lives to live. No one has the right to dictate how others choose to live, unless it's hurting someone else or breaking some law.
A lot of the celebrities go into the business because they enjoy what they do, they didn't ask to become role models. It's the viewers fault if they find something about their fav. actress/actor that they don't like because they chose to put them on a pedestal, instead of just seeing them for who they are -- real people, NORMAL flesh and blood people who just happen to be famous because of their job. They have their own lives outside of that job.
But I do agree that she is too young to be smoking though.

Geezus, celebrities are just people. It's not like they're Gods/Goddesses or even anything close to detity. They make stupid mistakes like everyone else, except when they make it it gets blown out of proportion to make it seem as it's much worse because they're famous. :rolleyes:

noungning

Heartless
the difference here is "we" a majority of those on this forum are westerners, and we tend to think like a westerner... "who cares what she does, it's her life, she can do what she wants"... i don't think u comprehend the fact that our cultures are different. western culture is raised to believe in freedom and doing what they can when they can. whilst in asian countries, thailand, in this case, it is a taboo to go against norms... pregnant before marriage, smoking when you're a celebrity, doing drugs, premarital sex, etc. therefore, me explaining this over again is probably pointless because i will get countless responses of why is it a big deal... it's her life she can do what she wants...

i'm sure the celebrities know that when they step into the spotlight, they are being idolized, even if there is only one person, they shouldn't be setting a bad example.

sure everyone has a mind of their own, but from seeing the teens in thailand, when they idolize someone... they go all out. from hair, clothes, attitude, everything.

as for mam, yes she was pregnant, she has a son, she was once loved by many, viewed by all, but now she can barely get entertainment jobs outside her own entertainment businesses in thailand, because of what she did... it's not okay and acceptable from these viewers because of their beliefs which are developed from their tradition and culture.

anyways, i'm not trying to make this a big deal, just sharing a point of view that i see why people are making a big deal by just seeing her smoke.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
OK not taking any side, but just want to point out that just few years ago Thai entertainment, whether being movie, lakorn or what not have their actresses/actors learned, yes I said "LEARNED" how to smoke so they can be on the screen being cool smoking etc. But after Thailand have these so call trench or fashion about not smoking, they banned scene where their actors and actresses smoke on screen. If you watch old lakorn that was aired few years back you will see the main characters smoke. So all these it's just nonsense, it's just smokeless fire that peoples like to make a big deals out of to ruin or hurt those that they dislike. ^_^
OK that is my takes! :p

Susie

sarNie Adult
really?? i saw on the newspaper that she really does smoke. not so sure if that was the same situation as to when she was exposed. but idk. if she doesn't smoke that's good for her health

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
OMG .. KWAN compared as miley ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never............................. i love KWAN .. miley is a no no .. ugh jus think n talkin of her .. ugh... lmao..

KWAN KWAN KWAN KWAN KWAN .. xp ..

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
First off, why are they making such a big deal about some actress smoking?
Now, if she was caught smoking weed, that's another story.
I'm all for not smoking because I have asthma, but seriously, it's her business whether she wants to do it or not. I don't get what the big deal is.

As for the "fake" cigg. Unless she was acting and pretending to smoke, I don't understand why she would have a "fake" cigg and pretend to smoke in any other setting, that would just be strange. Who goes to every day outings and pretends to smoke?
haha... girl... you got me LOLing. Apparantly a sweet and proper Thai actress does.

lala121

sarNie Egg
Can somebody upload the picture of kwan holding "fake" cigarettes on photobucket or here and give me the link please and thank you.

fanny

sarNie Adult
awhile back this topic was already out that about kwan smoking...i think she is a smoker, but since she is dara she they tried to hide her innocent images that all. Chakrit smoke no body care.