Laos people in the U.S. looking like Thai Lakorn Stars

cassiopeia

sarNie Egg
yes, not all ppl in undeveloped countries are poor. they are combinations. some white kids at school might look down on asians but for me personally i think asians are academically better. americans don't know that all asians are not the same... just because i'm lao ppl who doesn't know me think that i'm poor...that's not good... PROUD of your own race lol

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
yes, not all ppl in undeveloped countries are poor. they are combinations. some white kids at school might look down on asians but for me personally i think asians are academically better. americans don't know that all asians are not the same... just because i'm lao ppl who doesn't know me think that i'm poor...that's not good... PROUD of your own race lol

do they seriously look down on you?..thats messed up lol..but yeah i agree asians do do better academically...well in my school, im actually looked up upon since im like the only asian there and that these white kids dont really know anything about the asian race..oh and theres that fact that i wear a lot of pricey stuff so i guess thats y they look more upon me than down lol..i guess it just all comes down to money in the end

noungning

Heartless
hmm, well i think there are people who are stubborn and then there are those who are open minded. just like everyone else. yeah some people tend to look down upon others and it sucks horribly.

if you do a statistic of whether or not thai people care for lao people i think it'd be a high percentage of not caring.

it's not like thais just looking down on lao people, they do it amongst themselves too. like people in the more developed sections of thailand will look down on those more rural and unindustrialized sections as "barn nork" or countryish and not up to standards as those in the more developed section.

well i was in thailand, but i've hung out with mostly people that were essarn, though they only speak middle accents, and there were others who also can from other provinces to work in bangkok. they were really nice to me, and i don't know if it's because i'm from the states or because they think i'm rich. but there were some of them, which i'll remember for my life, who actually said to there friend, "oh don't pay, she'll pay, she always pays" ... yeah i always get taken advantage of. :(

an example in other races, spanish people. you don't want to go out and call someone a mexican, they can be really offended if they were a puerto rican or something else... it's the same thing. we look at them and say they're all spanish but they like to be classified to who they really are and where they're from... like us we don't like to all be called chinese, but rather lao or whatever u are.

but yes. lol everyone can use make up, but if you are dependant on make up that's sad because if you look like a ghost under it all. it's not the true u. like oprah, gosh do u think she should be without her make up? omg no way! lol so i mean natural beauty is what you determine as beauty, although now a days people can rely on surgery. :)

CrazC4u

sarNie Egg
Funny topic.

If Lao people in the US are looking like Thai stars than Thai stars must be looking like Japanese, Korean and American stars.

Look at and Golf/Mike. And oh Tata Young. Don't they resemble someone from Japan and the US?

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
Funny topic.

If Lao people in the US are looking like Thai stars than Thai stars must be looking like Japanese, Korean and American stars.

Look at and Golf/Mike. And oh Tata Young. Don't they resemble someone from Japan and the US?
but then dont forget Golf and Mike's mixed with chinese and Tata is half white!!!!!!!!! so i dont think they really count.....

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOLOL!!! @ shaving of the eyebrows :lol:

Geez, is that still a trend? :huh:

It sounds and almost looks as bad as the dark liner over the lip and nothing else.

My poor Swedish Fish got taken advantage of :angry:

I despise individuals like that <_<

Some likes to assume just because you're from the state, you're loaded and it's always your treat LOL

CrazC4u

sarNie Egg
That was just to name a few. I was talking about how they present themselve (apperance, style, clothing etc) but yea I know they are mix.

noungning

Heartless
LOLOL!!! @ shaving of the eyebrows :lol:

Geez, is that still a trend? :huh:

It sounds and almost looks as bad as the dark liner over the lip and nothing else.
My poor Swedish Fish got taken advantage of :angry:

I despise individuals like that <_<

Some likes to assume just because you're from the state, you're loaded and it's always your treat LOL
yah i got taken advantage of by stupid ppl i thought could be my friends...

yeah and people questions why i can't seem to trust people ... :(

lol i dunno people are still shaving their brows... but omg they might have cancer, i shouldn't be assuming. but their head's hair is intact i dunno lol :p

lilylaoinh

sarNie Egg
IT WOULD BE REALLY FUNNY IF SOMEONE SHAVED THEIR EYE BROWS AND DREW IT BACK ON CROOKED AAAAHAHHA. I HAVE A FREIND THAT DOES THAT AND I CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OFF IT! DAMMIT! IS TATTOOING IT ON THE SAME? HMMMM**THINKING HARD***

IRukYou

sarNie Juvenile
Quite often it is wrong to generalize any particular race. It is usually how the person is brought up and how open-minded they are that characterize what type of person they will become and not by their race. I have know people who are quite poor, but humble themselves very much. It doesn't matter if they are black, white, asian, or anything of that sort. At certain part of life, we need to be the one that decide on who we want to be. Even though it is much easlier for people who have the opportunity to travel and meet people, it is not impossible for everyone to learn to accept other as their equal.

noungning

Heartless
nicely said. ^ if only people can, and is willing to do it.

lol tattooing is the same shit. gosh i can't stand it.

cassiopeia

sarNie Egg
overall, every races is equal. it depends on each person's point of view. everybody has their own way of life... do your best lol...
shaving eye brows, that's long time ago. it's a normal trend in lao cuz my aunt do it all the time there... they didn't shave it all off, but just the part where it gets off the line lol... for me, tattooing is unacceptable also. i just don't like it...

PEACE

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
We should start a debate topic and see who knows much of their heartland country.

I know for certain that some. NOTE: I SAID SOME, NOT 100% Thai that lives in Bangkok doesn't like us, but Isaan... of course they're going to like us in some ways, because their ancestors originated from Laos.

It will be a very interesting topic to discuss our differences and feelings.
Well, if you really want to trace back to history and ancestor: Siamese aka Thais; Lao and Burmese (Shan) all traced back to Tai or Dai living in today Yunnan Province China. That is where all of the Thais (Siamese), Lao, and Shan people came from (i.e. Tai Lue (Tai Sipsongbanna), Tai Neua, Tai Yai, Tai Shan, Tai Lao, Tai Siamese, etc) . If you trace the root and language, Thai, Lao, and Shan Burmese speak similar languages. However, today people living in Thailand is forced to speak central Thais. However, the Northern Thais still keep their true language.

Today, people living in central Thailand especially in Bangkok, they are mix. The true siamese (thai) are very dark skinned.

I could see why Thailand think they are better than their neighboring countries because they have maintain their country from taken by western power and they took tremendous amount of land from Laos. All the feud between Thai and Lao dated back to the royal period and the grudges still exist today, but the tension is improving.

If you actually think about it central Thai thinks that they are better than anyone else even comparing to other Thais. Central thai do not like Northern Thais (Chiang Mai).

Did you know that Pra Kaew in the Royal Palace in Thailand belong to Lao and Thai stole it!

I hope I do not offend anyone out there. This is history and we need to learn from the past so that history do not repeat itself.

NOTE: Thai is not better than Lao or Lao is not better than Thai. When it comes to it everyone like Lao, Shan Burmese, Thai, Tai, Dai are all Thai or Tai or Dai.

When taking everything into consideration, Laos would be very prosperous in the near future due to its natural resources. They are opening up their country to the world, which could be a bad thing because of diseases etc. They are modifying banking system to hopefully by the end of 2007 they will be admit it to WTO. They are buidling roads, highways, bridges to connect to it neigboring countries and even setting up a huge trading center/business center (i.e. stock market, hotels, etc. It would be a little Time Square). They recently have modified their education system and established one big international/national university.

Phon

sarNie Adult
Well, if you really want to trace back to history and ancestor: Siamese aka Thais; Lao and Burmese (Shan) all traced back to Tai or Dai living in today Yunnan Province China. That is where all of the Thais (Siamese), Lao, and Shan people came from (i.e. Tai Lue (Tai Sipsongbanna), Tai Neua, Tai Yai, Tai Shan, Tai Lao, Tai Siamese, etc) . If you trace the root and language, Thai, Lao, and Shan Burmese speak similar languages. However, today people living in Thailand is forced to speak central Thais. However, the Northern Thais still keep their true language.

Today, people living in central Thailand especially in Bangkok, they are mix. The true siamese (thai) are very dark skinned.

I could see why Thailand think they are better than their neighboring countries because they have maintain their country from taken by western power and they took tremendous amount of land from Laos. All the feud between Thai and Lao dated back to the royal period and the grudges still exist today, but the tension is improving.

If you actually think about it central Thai thinks that they are better than anyone else even comparing to other Thais. Central thai do not like Northern Thais (Chiang Mai).

Did you know that Pra Kaew in the Royal Palace in Thailand belong to Lao and Thai stole it!

I hope I do not offend anyone out there. This is history and we need to learn from the past so that history do not repeat itself.

NOTE: Thai is not better than Lao or Lao is not better than Thai. When it comes to it everyone like Lao, Shan Burmese, Thai, Tai, Dai are all Thai or Tai or Dai.

When taking everything into consideration, Laos would be very prosperous in the near future due to its natural resources. They are opening up their country to the world, which could be a bad thing because of diseases etc. They are modifying banking system to hopefully by the end of 2007 they will be admit it to WTO. They are buidling roads, highways, bridges to connect to it neigboring countries and even setting up a huge trading center/business center (i.e. stock market, hotels, etc. It would be a little Time Square). They recently have modified their education system and established one big international/national university.
dok champa or just champa. central thai doesnt hate the northern thai where did u get this from? making it up yourself? they seem to get along fine. Thier are northern thai main actor and actress in thailand. if they hated them would they allow them to be main actor and actress? and if they hated them they wouldnt allow them work in bangkok. and northern thai is very develope more develope then isan. Northern thai and central thai fought against the burmanese side by side. There is no hate thier my friend just love between north thai and real thai. Real thai are tan not black. there alot lao that are tan to. southern laos has alot and nothern lao like to say they are so light skin and better looking then us southern lao but yet why do i see alot tan nothern lao some even darker then me and i am from the south. You cant judge people by thier skin color some can be light and dark. sometime thier parents are dark why are the kids light? sometime the parents are light why are the kids dark? and why some brother sister light and dark. see you cant say all thai are dark even people from the same family doesnt have the same skin color. so one race cant have just one color. my friend pra keo morakot yes thai took from laos but if u just trace back alittle further. do you know who had it 1st? Sri Lanka thats right sri lanka then it made its way up to cambodia this was before thai or lao migrated to south east asia. after that it was hinden inside a tree during maerai lanna kingdom lighting strike that tree. and someone saw a emerald inside told the king he try to bring it to chiang mai but the elephant carrying it kept going back to lampang so they kept it there for another 7yrs then it was move to chiang mai. then lao king setathirat took over the lanna throne he was affraid of the burmanese fled lanna didnt even fight and took the emrald buddha with him to lan xang. in laos history he is a hero but to me he is a coward he left lanna to fall to the burmanese. then he move his capital to vientiane where the pra keo stay at wat pra keo until thaksin thai king invaded and took it to bangkok and it now stay there until today. Long live the emrald buddha. the thai king every season change the pra keo robe. winter he cover it with white robe summer he cover it with golden robe rain he cover it with light blue robe. the pra keo is being care for by the thai king them lao king. b4 laos became communist lao king never even change its robe he left it for the monk to do it one lazy king dont u think? and yes laos is more open now but thier not building stuff on thier own its all loan from other countries. especially thailand in 50 more years laos will be in dept and wont be able to pay it back becuase laos money the kip is so useless it cant pay for anything. lao goverment right now is all about money. but they dont think about the future about how much debt they will be in. they care about themself and money crazy that they dont think about the citizen of laos. they even force 2,000 family from thier home just to build another dam for electricity power. they care about making money more then they care about the people. building a dam will lead to one thing flood. look at china and thailand now so many dam that everytime it rains they flood. laos will feel the same thing in the near future. but lucky thailand and china money are good they can rebuld after floods but laos money no good after flood it will take another loan from another country to help fix it. saw how fast thailand clean up the tsunami. imagine if laos got hit could the lao goverment rebuild that fast? no sir and they probably careless about the people suffering as long as thier goverment stay in power. they will be in a big debt and b4 they know it it be to late. unless they give something up that those countries who loan them wants or need from laos. which i think nothing becuase laos is landlock what do they need from a landlock country. thats just my view. hope i dont offend u champa.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
wow..thats all i have to say lol..and true..it does go back a long way...

about that eyebrow thing..haha i cant say i really know any laos i gurls i hang with that do that..or any family members that do that lol

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
Nice responses, Champ and Phon.

As I am reading, I find it very interesting that a 3rd generation like us remembers our own history. Most Laos history was passed down by word of mouth. We don't have recorded documentation of what went on back in the ruling ages of our kings, cause at the time, there are so many damn kings that wants the country to themselves; thus the three headed elephant. Three kingdom of Laos - Luang Prabang, Vientiane, and Champasak. As far as I know about Pra Kaew 'the Emerald Buddha', my mother said India gave it to Laos as a gift? I am also wondering about Asia thinking of creating an Asian currency just like how European is doing. I wonder if Laos will be part of it, since kip is so inflating that it has no value whatsoever.

Back to the real title of the topic. Message to the Laotian guys here in the US, please don't be like Thai guys. Please don't be a Korean horse. :lol:

sweetbabe

sarNie Egg
Nice responses, Champ and Phon.

As I am reading, I find it very interesting that a 3rd generation like us remembers our own history. Most Laos history was passed down by word of mouth. We don't have recorded documentation of what went on back in the ruling ages of our kings, cause at the time, there are so many damn kings that wants the country to themselves; thus the three headed elephant. Three kingdom of Laos - Luang Prabang, Vientiane, and Champasak. As far as I know about Pra Kaew 'the Emerald Buddha', my mother said India gave it to Laos as a gift? I am also wondering about Asia thinking of creating an Asian currency just like how European is doing. I wonder if Laos will be part of it, since kip is so inflating that it has no value whatsoever.

Back to the real title of the topic. Message to the Laotian guys here in the US, please don't be like Thai guys. Please don't be a Korean horse. :lol:

hahahaha funnies i heard a different story... the lao OG and the cambodia people said that Pra kaew was gave from cambodia king to laos for the lao prince and the cambodia princess as their wedding gift.
didn't u guy heard of the story that one of the lao prince back then was raise by the cambodia king as his own son. As he grew up ,he fall in love with the cambodia princess and they got married. Well there is more to this stories . i read in the lao news paper and it was in english. Anyways enough about this stuff.... back to the real topic... lao people in the US don't look like the thai star... Well some do i think that is crazy about thai star and would talk thai to their friends. One of my friend sister is sooo freaken crazy about thai star that she would speak thai to her parent and freind every day.. i think she forgot how to speak lao because when she try to speak lao it doesn't sound rite.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
^^^^^^^ i think more of the lighter skinned laos people have more of an advantage of POSSIBLY looking like a thai star

Phon

sarNie Adult
hahahaha funnies i heard a different story... the lao OG and the cambodia people said that Pra kaew was gave from cambodia king to laos for the lao prince and the cambodia princess as their wedding gift.
didn't u guy heard of the story that one of the lao prince back then was raise by the cambodia king as his own son. As he grew up ,he fall in love with the cambodia princess and they got married. Well there is more to this stories . i read in the lao news paper and it was in english. Anyways enough about this stuff.... back to the real topic... lao people in the US don't look like the thai star... Well some do i think that is crazy about thai star and would talk thai to their friends. One of my friend sister is sooo freaken crazy about thai star that she would speak thai to her parent and freind every day.. i think she forgot how to speak lao because when she try to speak lao it doesn't sound rite.

Well i do know what prince your talking about his name is fa ngum. he got exil out of luang prabang at that time there were no lan xang. cambodia lost alot land to ayudtaya (thai) so they use fa ngum to get revenge he capture alot land and even married khmer princess. the khmer king didnt give him the pra keo he gave him the pra bang thats how luang prabang got its name. the pra keo was found in lanna kingdom. no one gave it to laos sethatirart just took it with him when he fled lanna against burma invasion. the pra bang was also taken to bangkok but the thai king said u cant have both in the same city the country will go in flames so they decided to keep the pra keo and send the pra bang back to luang prabang.
I cant speak thai for the hell of it if i try i sound gay so i dont speak. My lao is good but not great. I am not 100% good with lao language cant blame me i grew up here its hard to be 100% perfect if ur born here. some people in laos like the capital they be mixing some thai words here and there. becuase of alot thai soap opera there. I notice myself mixing some thai words at time to. lao language for some reason like to use the h sound like hong peng hong ham hao. thai like to use the r l sound.

cassiopeia

sarNie Egg
Well i do know what prince your talking about his name is fa ngum. he got exil out of luang prabang at that time there were no lan xang. cambodia lost alot land to ayudtaya (thai) so they use fa ngum to get revenge he capture alot land and even married khmer princess. the khmer king didnt give him the pra keo he gave him the pra bang thats how luang prabang got its name. the pra keo was found in lanna kingdom. no one gave it to laos sethatirart just took it with him when he fled lanna against burma invasion. the pra bang was also taken to bangkok but the thai king said u cant have both in the same city the country will go in flames so they decided to keep the pra keo and send the pra bang back to luang prabang.
I cant speak thai for the hell of it if i try i sound gay so i dont speak. My lao is good but not great. I am not 100% good with lao language cant blame me i grew up here its hard to be 100% perfect if ur born here. some people in laos like the capital they be mixing some thai words here and there. becuase of alot thai soap opera there. I notice myself mixing some thai words at time to. lao language for some reason like to use the h sound like hong peng hong ham hao. thai like to use the r l sound.
that's true... when i listen to lao ppl who was born here in the US speak lao, it sounds funny lol... i can speak both, but i speak lao cuz i used to it, and i'm lao... yeah, can't say much about the government, but it's true from what phon said... nothing's clear about the history, and no one knows for sure... i love to study asian history (lao, chinese, etc) rather than european though.. i fell asleep in history class studying european history...