[Mainland] Ballad of the Desert

mia07

Introvert
They will have scenes together. I heard this will air in the summer?? So long... :( I guess I'll start reading the story ahead of time then as I wait.

mia07

Introvert
I finished the novel last night. I guess I'm the outcast here who loves Meng Jiu. As I read it, I pictured Hu Ge all the way as this character which makes me adore the character even more. Somehow I can't picture him as HQB so I'll probably be fine with Eddie as HQB. Besides, he looks around 18ish. But still, I will be rooting for Meng Jiu all the way. Can't wait for ShiGe interactions. Hehe... Oh I hope they do the novel justice and keep everything.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
My sister showed me the teaser yesterday on Viki. Ahhh I so cannot wait to watch Eddie Peng again heehe Last time I watched him in any drama was when he paired up with Esther in "Chinese Paladin." Sucha hunk ;p  Knowing the fact that he's in another drama with Hu Ge made me even excited. And it's not airing yet. I don't know if I am ready for a love triangle though T____________________________T I'm going to have to prepare for a tissue box. hehe

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
All period dramas might be pushed back until the end of summer, which includes Da Mo Yao. Something about SARFT wanting to focus on motivational things or whatever for students who are off school for the summer. :( I was looking forward to spending my summer watching all these Chinese dramas.

mia07

Introvert
So this is airing on October 1st! FINALLY! I feel like I have been waiting a decade for this series to come out! I hope it doesn't disappoint...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Have not watched this yet but saw some gifs of LSS & EP .... omgahhh.. Eddie is so cute and handsome!!!! :woot2:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I don't even know why I'm in this thread when I have no interest in Liu Shishi or Eddie Pang. Okay fine, I may have a soft spot for Mr. Ge. Hehe. Anyway, felt the urge to watch the trailer and to my surprise it looks interesting. I love the Spanish guitar song that they inserted around 2:38. So seductive. Haha. I probably won't watch this though. Iffy about Eddie and not really a fan of Shishi. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Call me bitter, I am still upset at the entire casting. I'm watching this for the love I have for the plot and the translated version of the book. 

One thing I hate about Mainland is that they dubbed their dramas. Although I can only understand a few words of Mandarin, it really does make a difference. I usually can tolerate the dubs and I am happy this is not that bad compare to BBJX and BBJQ.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Omg!!! I shouldn't have watched the 2nd ost video.... Fun, does Eddie's character really die in here??? Ahhhhhh!

I lost track of what the storyline was supposed to be for this lol, since it was such a long wait...

mia07

Introvert
^ hahaha.. Same here,. I kinda forgot what this was about since it's been a yr or two wait..?

To those whom have watched it, how is it so far? it's been a long, long time I have seen a c-series...

fun

Expired Sarnie
I believed he died at the age of 26 but I'm thinking of the historical version.

I just finished the first episode, and my opinion is very bias since I don't like any of the casting lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Gahhh, such an early death... will definitely be sad when I get to that part in the future.... :(