Man marries a snake

chinda

sarNie Elites
Weird scenes in Udon Thani

Daily News, April 5

On April 3 Mr Satien Khenakutrang married a python called Miss Sittida in a ceremony attended by around 200 villagers. The python was 3.5 metres long and weighed 20 kilograms. The python was wrapped around the bridegroom and seemed to be nuzzling him affectionately. The groom bent down and kissed the python, provoking feelings of joy mixed with apprehension amongst the relatives present.

Mr Satien, the bridegroom, said he had previously been a novice monk for 5 years before becoming a monk for 3 years in Rayong province. After disrobing he had gone back to Udon last year, one night whilst sleeping, he had felt something on his chest. Waking up, he realised it was a snake curled up on his chest, the shock made him too afraid to do anything until the snake slithered away.
He told the story to his aunt who told him to ordain at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakha district to prevent any possible misfortune as the locals believed the snake was 'ngoo tam tan', in other words a snake that was capable of living with people.
Whilst ordained there a python sometimes came and slept by his side, sometimes a squirrel came instead. After Buddhist Lent ended he disrobed.

Happily recounting his story, Satien said on March 27 he dreamed there was a fire at home and many villagers came to help douse it,the next morning whilst walking in the fields looking for food he glimpsed the head of a python. But thinking at first it was a frog, he walked up to it to catch it for food. However once he realised it was a python the shock almost caused him to lose consciousness. The python wrapped itself around his neck, and unable to pull it off he walked home, but even with his aunt's help it remained in place. His aunt then performed a ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake then slithered off into the fields.

2 or 3 days later Satien was walking with his friends in the fields when in front of his friends the snake again wrapped itself around him. He performed the same ceremony with 5 candles in bowls asking for forgiveness and the snake again disappeared.
Due to this happening 2 or 3 times Satien and his aunt invited the local medium to go into a trance. The medium said in a previous life the python had been a daughter of Pra Yanakho, a lord who lived at Chuan swamp, her name was Pra Nang Sittida. Satien himself had been a bodyguard of her father Pra Yanakho. They had fallen in love, but when Pra Yanakho heard about this he had Satien executed and his daughter banished from the palace. She then died from grief and her soul roamed the world looking for her lover for 653 years. Having found him, she insisted on staying put, Satien asserted.

Bridegroom Satien said the medium told him to marry Pra Nang Sittida, otherwise neither he nor his family would be safe and there could be an accident.

Satien hurriedly arranged the wedding, offering a dowry of 700,050 stang (7,000.5 baht), and 609 baht for the string ties.
After the wedding the villagers took the bride and groom on a 15 kilometre trip to the bride's home at Chuan swamp to pay respects to a senior figure of her family( Pra Yanakho). The villagers welcomed the bride and groom with a parade,whilst the medium said the pair should stay at Chuan swamp 6 days before returning to the bridegroom's home.

NB. 53 was one of the winning lottery numbers in the last draw.

Credits @ Translated from the Thai original for Thaivisa by member bannork
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=178660

This is really wierd o_O !?!
What do you guys think about this?My father told me about this last night and I couldn't believe lol

hmm. I question the news now a days. But if it's real, hey, whatever makes him happy. :D I prefer humans. More for me then!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
:blink: :huh: that is just weird... :mellow: :wacko: what in the world would make someone marry a snake?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Strange, the man seems sane enough because he was afraid of the snake like any person would be originally.

I wonder if the medium meant they had to stay married until the end of his days or just the act of being married and staying together for a certain amount of time was okay? I'm sure the man would eventually like to get married to a human woman and have a family of his own, it's hard to reproduce with someone that's outside of your spieces.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I don't think this is as strange as that man from Lebenon who married a goat. He was caught having sex with the goat, whereas this story is more enchanting... like an old folk tale. I am pretty intrigued!

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I like this story, I believe in past lives and what not. Just too bad Pra Nang Sittida wasn't human who remembers her past, or that fate would bring 2 humans together instead. It would be strange, if after 6 days or whatever, she turned into a beautiful Pra Nang... I'm also curious, was anyone able to find pics?