[Movie] Twilight

Saifah

bite me x___
DANG i DiDNT KNOW THEY WERE STiLL CASTiNG PEOPLE. i THOUGHT THEY ALREADY STARTED FiLMiNG THE MOViE.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Okay, just finished this...don't kill me okay, but this is what I have to say...

I found the movie to be very funny, and not as romantic as some led me to believe it would be. First of all, the vampires walked in looking like vampires...so very pale skin...Edward, I forget his real name, does look better than what I've seen in the entertainment news, so I give you that...And he looked way better than he did in Harry Potter, he was definitely more likable in this one...But I was one that did not fall in love with him after watching the movie. I felt so uncomfortable watching the scenes between him and Bella though, I felt that their conversations at first, well, through out, were so awkward and uncomfortable...I felt really uncomfortable. I never read the book, but I think the dialogue was a bit weird, and they rushed through the movie way too quickly, that things seemed choppy and didn't flow smoothly. I think I'll have to read the book just to find out what the story was about...which is ironic, because I either watch the movie and not read the book, or read the book before I watch the movie. I thought the movie was slow, but the story moved too quickly, if you get that.

I think if they developed more of Edward's character, slowly, I would've fallen in love with him like every one else did, but they moved way too quickly. First, he acts repulsed by Bella (which I thought was hilarious, how he held his nose, and ran out like she smelled like trash, not meaning in a bad way, but the look on his face when she walked into class and the fan was blowing her scent to him...it was priceless.)...then he shows up acting awkward and shy around her...then totally stalks her...then she's automatically a part of the family...I feel like they shoved Edward in my face, instead of letting me slowly grow to like him. Because he is very good looking, very sweet and charming...I wouldn't mind if they dragged the movie a bit, just so Edward's character could fully develop...I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. I won't get started on Kristin Stewart, not really a fan, but she's better in here than in the movies I've seen her in...so I give her credit for that.

Not trying to knock on what I saw, those are just my thoughts. I thought I would have a better experience watching it, but I didn't...Surprisingly, my family thought I'd love it and fall in love with Edward, but I can say that I've seen better movies...

I heard the movie didn't do the book justice anyways...so hopefully they'll do a better job with the next one.

Just saw Dakota in "Push" and she's grown A LOT...so I'm sure she'll do a great job, looking forward to seeing her as she gets older...That little girl is so talented.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
Just wanted to mention...Michael Sheen the guy playing Aro was in the Underworld Movie...he was Lucian the leader of the Werewolves...just thought that was funny...he's going to play a vampire before that he played a werewolf. As for Ben Barnes...that was only a rumor that was never confirmed by anyone.

Raymond_Obsessed...yeah the movie did not do the book and Edward Cullen character justice. In the book we got to see Edward and Bella intimately through Bella's point of view. It actually is a lot more drawn out the getting to know each other part. But I still support the movie numero UNO

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Yes, Twilight is cheesy, but I still adore it. I went in expecting nothing. That is what you have to do. I am doing the same thing for New Moon. I don't want to set myself for disappointment in any aspects of my life.

Read the book Raymond-Obsessed! Easy reads. I read all four books in four days.

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
omg dal 4 days? lol... and i thought i was bad when i didn't go out entire weekend because i was hung in eclispe.

raymond - do read the books. once you read it, you will get addicted... :D

miss_rice

sarNie Egg
yes the book was a lot better than the movie...i wished they could turn this into a TV series so it;ll take it's time and not rush like the movie. If only their budget was a lot more than what they had then it would have been better...lol...

Toon

omg dal 4 days? lol... and i thought i was bad when i didn't go out entire weekend because i was hung in eclispe.

raymond - do read the books. once you read it, you will get addicted... :D
I was like that too...I practically stayed up reading the first two books til 5 in the morning...luckily I started reading it when I was on my break otherwise I would've been so sleepy in school and at work. It only took me 3 and 1/2 days to finish the whole series...no kidding.

Saifah

bite me x___
OMG DAL 4 BOOKS iN 4 DAYS? iM STiLL READiNG BREAKiNG DAWN.

BUT ANYHOO, i REALLY DiD LiKE THE BOOK MUCH MORE THEN THE MOViE BECAUSE THE MOViE,.... WELL THEY LiKE CUT OUT
A LOT OF DETAiLS. i WAS DiSAPPOiNTED HOW MUCH THEY DiD TOO. THE BOOK WAS SOO DETAiLED AND THE MOViE WAS BLAHH.
BUT i LiKED THE MOViE... NOT AS MUCH AS THE BOOK.

Saifah

bite me x___
CASTS OF NEW OFFiCiALLY ANNOUNCE:

Below is Summit Entertainment’s official press release for The Twilight Saga: New Moon:

Los Angeles, CA April 15, 2009 – Principal photography has begun on Summit Entertainment’s THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, it was announced today by Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Production. Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner reprise their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen and Jacob Black. Academy Award-nominee Chris Weitz (THE GOLDEN COMPASS, ABOUT A BOY) is the director. NEW MOON is filming on locations in Vancouver, BC and Tuscany, Italy.

Also rejoining the movie are Ashley Greene as Alice, Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Kellan Lutz as Emmett, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper , Edi Gathegi as Laurent and Rachelle Lafevre as Victoria.

New cast members include the legendary Volturi, a venerable coven of vampires who weigh and impose the laws of the vampire world, as well as two new members of the Quileute Indian Nation. The Volturi include Charlie Bewley as Demetri, Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius, Daniel Cudmore as Felix, Christopher Heyerdahl as Marcus, all Volturi enforcers. Dakota Fanning plays Jane, a high ranking and powerful Volturi member and Cameron Bright is Alec, her brother. Noot Seer plays Volturi member Heidi. Michael Sheen plays Aro, the Volturi leader. Graham Greene appears as Harry Clearwater, Quileute tribal leader and old friend of Bella’s father Charlie. Tinsel Korey is Emily, the fiancé of Sam Uley.

In NEW MOON, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.

Toon

Los Angeles, CA April 22, 2009 — Summit Entertainment announced today that David Slade has been hired to direct THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio's TWILIGHT film franchise based on the Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster book series, will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010. The announcement was made by Erik Feig, Summit's President of Production.

Meyer stated, "I am thrilled that David Slade will be directing ECLIPSE. He's a visionary filmmaker who has so much to offer this franchise. From the beginning, we've been blessed with wonderful directorial talent for the Twilight Saga, and I'm so happy that ECLIPSE will be carrying on with that tradition."

Feig said, "Stephenie Meyer's ECLIPSE is a muscular, rich, vivid book and we at Summit looked long and hard for a director who could do it justice. We believe we have found that talent in David Slade, a director who has been able to create complex, visually arresting worlds. We cannot wait to see the ECLIPSE he brings to life and brings to the fans eagerly awaiting its arrival in summer of 2010."

Filmmaker Slade came to prominence as a director for his work on 2006's engrossing film HARD CANDY starring Academy Award® Nominated actress Ellen Page as well as directing 2007's genre hit 30 DAYS OF NIGHT which opened to number one at the box office its first weekend of release.

In ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Slade is represented by William Morris Agency.

About the TWILIGHT film series
The TWILIGHT film series stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson and tells the story of 17-year-old Bella Swan who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, and becomes drawn to Edward Cullen, a pale, mysterious classmate who seems determined to push her away. But neither can deny the attraction that pulls them together...even when Edward confides that he and his family are vampires.

The action-packed, modern day vampire love story and blockbuster success the first film in the series entitled TWILIGHT was released in theatres on November 21, 2008 grossing $69.6 million domestically during its first weekend. To date the film has grossed over $380 million worldwide. The second installment of the film franchise, THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, will be released November 20, 2009.

Melissa Rosenberg, who wrote the scripts for both TWILIGHT and NEW MOON, is currently writing the script for ECLIPSE and continues to consult with TWILIGHT book series author Stephenie Meyer.

I'm so excited I really liked the movie 30 Days of Night. It was a cool and freaky, scary vampire flick.