Nang Tard (DaraVdo)

seechumpoo

sarNie Egg
She's always been skinny...the nang rai role really suits her. She's pretty, but she just doesn't have the innocent look of a nang ak of all the lakorns of her being the nang ak. I love kob, but damn why do they have to make her look so darn dark. hahahaha. Alright you guys stop with the "not shooting straight comments" Vee could lose his reputation for this. hahaha. I love Vee though, he's so cute.

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
usually i dont even try to watch lakorns like this. i watched this because of vee. but OMG. I AM LOVING THIS LAKORN. first time watching a "old" lakorn(i dunno wat u call this kind). but IT'S GOOD. soooo good. i thought this is really good. can't wait till monday!!!!!!!

i dont know the plot or anything, so im kinda confused... bebe and som are going to be the next generation? so are they focusing on this generation? or the next one? or both? is pok gonna be sad till the end? i pity her so much!! is pok gonna hate kob??

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
usually i dont even try to watch lakorns like this. i watched this because of vee. but OMG. I AM LOVING THIS LAKORN. first time watching a "old" lakorn(i dunno wat u call this kind). but IT'S GOOD. soooo good. i thought this is really good. can't wait till monday!!!!!!!

i dont know the plot or anything, so im kinda confused... bebe and som are going to be the next generation? so are they focusing on this generation? or the next one? or both? is pok gonna be sad till the end? i pity her so much!! is pok gonna hate kob??
no she's not; >.O Pok is the nice wife; the others are the mean one;

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
dang...i guess yui could play n'rai..geex the looks man...
---but i still recommand her as a n'ek...once in a while its good for a n'ek to play a n'rai role..

max

sarNie Elites
Eek! I am going to watch this lakorn! I just watched the opening credit of an older version of this lakorn, and it made me want to watch this even more! I love these kind of boran lakorns, and this lakorn just looks so interesting! It is okay if I am not too fond of Kob... maybe I will like her in here =)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Gosh I feel so sorry for Pok :(. It must suck to have a husband like that urgh. I don't even think that having kids is what he really wants. I think it's just more and more wives. >.O. I don't know it seems so ridiculous. Sucks how women back then were soo weak too, so they have to give into whatever their husband wants. At least he still has the dignity to ask her and respect her "yes's." I doubt her saying no would stop him though.

max

sarNie Elites
I hope that somebody subs this with English subtitles! I would so do it if I actually knew Thai =(

max

sarNie Elites
May I ask what the meaning of "Nang Tard" is? I thought that Nang Tard was Kob's name in the lakorn, but it is Yan, so it does not make sense.

Kind of off topic, but I compared it to "Nang Barp," which I think means like cursed person, to try to get the meaning, but I am not sure =)

pinklove

sarNie Egg
^ Nang is an improper way to call a girl. Tard means slave or servant. Barp means sinful or cursed. Nang Barp would be cursed girl or sinful girl.
=)

nophankh

sarNie Adult
^ Nang is an improper way to call a girl. Tard means slave or servant. Barp means sinful or cursed. Nang Barp would be cursed girl or sinful girl.
=)
Nang is not an improper way of calling a girl. Ee is the improper form.
Nang is just the friendly form, the term you use with your family and close friends.

I'm not sure of the formal form. But referring to a girl as nang is not all bad.

pinklove

sarNie Egg
Nang is not an improper way of calling a girl. Ee is the improper form.
Nang is just the friendly form, the term you use with your family and close friends.

I'm not sure of the formal form. But referring to a girl as nang is not all bad.
Hi Lynda (I love your blog!)

I'm not sure if Nang can be strictly friendly, because in those lakorns, those characters are known as Nang Tard and Nang Barp to everyone, even the Rai's. By improper I meant that it isn't the proper way to call someone, not that it was bad. I think it's more accurate to say it is a familiar way to refer to a girl, but not necessarily always friendly. I understand it to be a general title that is the informal equivalent to more formal/proper titles like Khun, Pee, Nong, (opps..scratch that, Pee & Nong aren't "formal", they are also familiar terms, but unlike Nang, Pee and Nong are what I consider familiar friendly terms..they are usually always friendly, whereas Nang isn't necessarily so) etc for a girl.