D~D

sarNie Adult
Maiko^_^ said:

Hehe, it's not too difficult if you recognize Toomtam and Vill's names in Thai. :lol: Let me list out the categories and the info they need from you. Please forgive me for the mistakes. :spin: :worthy:

• Your Name
  • Your Phone Number
  • Your Email Address
  • Popular Male Actor (Toomtam's name is the third one down: "ตูมตาม" ยุทธนา เปื้องกลาง)
  • Popular Female Actress (Vill's name is the second one down: "วิว" วรรณรท สนธิไชย)
  • Popular Pop Artist
  • Popular Country Artist (Hmm, this one confuses me... Google Translate states that it's "Popular Folk Singer." :sweat:)
  • Popular Drama
  • Popular Movie
Lol !!!! I'll try this in the morning Maiko b/c I'm not on my laptop. but I sure will vote for my favorite couple. =) thank u !!!!

Nite everyone !! (^ o^). Zzzzzzzzzzzz

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Here's the subbed One Entertainment segment of ToomVill.

http://www.viki.com/videos/1061040v-one-entertainment-january-26-2015-toomtam-and-vill-ngao-jai

Please be aware that it hasn't been QCed and I'm running on very very little sleep after 8 hours of work, timing, and subbing...my eyes are so blurred out. I'll wake up tomorrow refreshed and QC it if Arasucre hasn't done so. So some of the lines may not make sense because to be honest, it was soooooo hard subbing this when all four of them were jumping in and out and overlapping each other in the convos. It was pretty hard to translate too. Hahaha. Some may be incomplete translations. Sorry. So if you have time, check it out now but also check it out later too when it's been QCed because for sure, some lines will change.

Anyway, Vill said she'll be opening a new lakorn this month!!! :woot: :woot2: :dance1:

Hi everyone!!! I know I'm late for the  :party:  :dance3:  :cheer: but what a glorious pair ToomVill are! I am definitely loving the storyline of NJ. I hope that as it progresses it will keep its focus on the characters we care about. 

I cannot do much re-read on all the posts as this thread moves quickly but I love the atmosphere in here, so friendly and dedicated. Special thanks to our team of subbers esp to aiyaja and arasucre . It is greatly apprecaited. :)

Maiko -->> you're really great at keeping this thread filled with positive energy and love.  That's why we miss you when you're not around.  :heart:  :heart:

Also  :welcome1: to our new ToomVill lovers!!! So glad to have you on board our ship! :highfive:

Eeekkk can't wait for the next episode!!!  :woot2:  :popcorn:

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
Yay for photos of Toomtam, Vill, and Gam! :woot2: :party: I'm going to be busy in the upcoming hours. :lmao:

D~D said:
Lol !!!! I'll try this in the morning Maiko b/c I'm not on my laptop. but I sure will vote for my favorite couple. =) thank u !!!!

Nite everyone !! (^ o^). Zzzzzzzzzzzz

You're welcome. Hope you have a :goodnite:! :grouphug:

aiyaja said:

http://www.viki.com/videos/1061040v-one-entertainment-january-26-2015-toomtam-and-vill-ngao-jai

Please be aware that it hasn't been QCed and I'm running on very very little sleep after 8 hours of work, timing, and subbing...my eyes are so blurred out. I'll wake up tomorrow refreshed and QC it if Arasucre hasn't done so. So some of the lines may not make sense because to be honest, it was soooooo hard subbing this when all four of them were jumping in and out and overlapping each other in the convos. It was pretty hard to translate too. Hahaha. Some may be incomplete translations. Sorry. So if you have time, check it out now but also check it out later too when it's been QCed because for sure, some lines will change.

Anyway, Vill said she'll be opening a new lakorn this month!!! :woot: :woot2: :dance1:

:teary: You're overworking yourself, Aiyaja. :weep: Please get plenty of rest and sleep. :console: :grouphug: :kiss: Thank you truly for everything. :spin: Hehe, I'm looking forward to re-watching their segment with subs. :wub:

Aw, Vill's working hard, too. I'm glad Vill will have a new lakorn soon, but if it's really just Chai Mai Jing Ying Tae, eh, I'm not too excited over it. :lol: But I'll be looking forward to it, nevertheless. Thanks, Aiyaja! :kiss3:

Kimberry<3 said:
Hi everyone!!! I know I'm late for the  :party:  :dance3:  :cheer: but what a glorious pair ToomVill are! I am definitely loving the storyline of NJ. I hope that as it progresses it will keep its focus on the characters we care about. 

I cannot do much re-read on all the posts as this thread moves quickly but I love the atmosphere in here, so friendly and dedicated. Special thanks to our team of subbers esp to aiyaja and arasucre . It is greatly apprecaited. :)

Maiko -->> you're really great at keeping this thread filled with positive energy and love.  That's why we miss you when you're not around.  :heart:  :heart:

Also  :welcome1: to our new ToomVill lovers!!! So glad to have you on board our ship! :highfive:

Eeekkk can't wait for the next episode!!!  :woot2:  :popcorn:

Hey hey! Hi again, dear KimBerry! :hiya: :clap: :grouphug: :kiss: We finally hear from you again! :yahoo: I'm relieved and happy to hear you're enjoying NJ's storyline. I really hope it doesn't cheat us like SSP did. I'm excited to see how everything will fold out.

YES! Thanks to our Shadow Hunters team, especially Aiyaja and Arasucre! :worthy: :flowers: :grouphug: :heart:

As for me, I thought I wasn't as energetic as I should be. :smack: :lol: But hehe, this thread is full of love, I have to agree with that. :coverlaf: Aw, thanks, darling KimBerry! :kiss: :grouphug: Haha, we're all so excited for the upcoming episodes! :highfive:

AikOm^_^

*Groan* The pictures are so out of order. :facepalm: :sweat: I tried my best. EEK, Toomtam, Vill, Gam, and EVERYBODY look so beautiful! :wub: (As expected and dreaded, no "couple" photos of ToomVill, but it's ok. I'm still happy to see them together in photos. :cry: And at least, there are some beautiful shots of them together! I especially love the one in which Vill is kind of leaning towards Toomtam, which is the 2nd photo under that darn spoiler tag. :bhehe:) Oh, the last NJ wallpaper is from OneHD's website. Ooh, beautiful!

THANKS AN INFINITY TO THE AWESOME FANS WHO UPLOADED AND SHARE THESE PHOTOS ONTO THEIR IGS! :spin: :worthy: :flowers: :wub: :grouphug: :kiss3: Without them, we wouldn't have this many goodies. Thankies, NJ fans, Toomtam fans, Vill fans, Gam fans, EVERYBODY! :heart:

~ CREDITS ~
Facebook: ช่อง one, Exact & Scenario, One บันเทิง, Vill Wannarot Sonthichai FC Fanpage, ตูมตาม เดอะสตาร์7.
IG: annaann_wanlarot, club_vill, gang_wanlarot, iiamamita, minky_tungting, onehdthailand, princetamgroup, toomtamfc_maeew, vipada975, yuzi18.
Others: OneHD; as tagged.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
huajaikaungtur said:
I wasn't into lakorns when I was younger so I wasn't really interested in learning about the Thai language.
I usually just watched lakorns in Hmong dubb but now, I wish I learned Thai at a younger age because languages tend to stick better when you learn them at a younger age.

But of course, me being the crazy lakorn fan, I am starting to catch onto lots of phrases. I don't think I'll ever be fluent though.
I need me a personal Thai translator, hahaha. Toomtam please!! Despite his minimal understanding of English hahaha XD
I wasn't either.  I watched more of those Chinese TVB series that were dubbed in Thai.  My first Thai lakorn was Jam Loey Ruk (1989? version).  My mom had her very own copy on VHS.  She & my grandma watched it AAAAALL the time.  That's how I was introduced to the revenge genre of Thai lakorns.  Then came along Dao Pra Suk LOL!  Because my dad is fluent in Thai & my mom speaks a good amount, they were my translators.  Slowly, I just kinda started picking up words.  Now I can understand about 80%-90% of what's being said.  

Maiko^_^ said:

Hehe, I also wasn't obsessed with lakorns when I was younger, too, Marina. Yes, for me, it's definitely easier to learn different languages at a young age. Aish, regrets, regrets.

Oh, but we're doing pretty well on our own. :console: Hehe, it would be nice to have Toomtam as a personal Thai translator, but it's so sweet that we can relay on other fans to help us out. :grouphug: :heart: I'm grateful for the fans who do that for us. :spin: :worthy:
Definitely rely on Sarnies here to help out.  So grateful!  I'd go to Thai class (errrrday) if Toomtam was my teacher  :pervie:  :pervie: You know what I mean???  

MissSunny said:

I'm just like you too! I have been watching so many Thai lakorns and listening to so many Thai songs for so long that I can understand almost half of what they are saying. I'm not fluent, but I feel that if I was to go to Thailand, I would survive pretty well on my level of Thai and I think Thai is quite easy to learn because Hmong is pretty similar to Thai. A lot of the Hmong words we use are Thai words like bathroom in Hmong is basically the same as how they say it in Thai. A tip I use to learn Thai and memorize it is by watching a Thai lakorn or listening to a Thai song with english subs and then watching it the second time without english subs. I keep doing this and try to increase the amount of Thai words that I can memorize and understand each time. I have been doing this a long time and now when I listen to some Thai songs, I can understand the whole song without english subs. 
YES!  Thai songs definitely helped me pick up words easier.  Grew up listening to Thai music.  Big fan of Bird Thongchai!  I would survive in Thailand too, I think.  But, if I ever bump into my favorite Thai celebs, I'd be too nervous.  Several years ago, my siblings & I  bumped into Mos in Chinatown, SF, I busted out my broken Thai.  I was too excited to even care LOL!  Later after we took pics & went our ways, I thought back & was like WTF did I just say to him?  :lol:

Maiko^_^ said:

Hehe, it's not too difficult if you recognize Toomtam and Vill's names in Thai. :lol: Let me list out the categories and the info they need from you. Please forgive me for the mistakes. :spin: :worthy:

1. Your Name
  2. Your Phone Number
  3. Your Email Address
  4. Popular Male Actor (Toomtam's name is the third one down: "ตูมตาม" ยุทธนา เปื้องกลาง)
  5. Popular Female Actress (Vill's name is the second one down: "วิว" วรรณรท สนธิไชย)
  6. Popular Pop Artist
  7. Popular Country Artist (Hmm, this one confuses me... Google Translate states that it's "Popular Folk Singer." :sweat:)
  8. Popular Drama
  9. Popular Movie

Thanks MAIKO!  I will attempt to during my lunch break.  Definitely need to support ToomVill.  

AikOm^_^

ceda_lee said:
I wasn't either.  I watched more of those Chinese TVB series that were dubbed in Thai.  My first Thai lakorn was Jam Loey Ruk (1989? version).  My mom had her very own copy on VHS.  She & my grandma watched it AAAAALL the time.  That's how I was introduced to the revenge genre of Thai lakorns.  Then came along Dao Pra Suk LOL!  Because my dad is fluent in Thai & my mom speaks a good amount, they were my translators.  Slowly, I just kinda started picking up words.  Now I can understand about 80%-90% of what's being said.  

Definitely rely on Sarnies here to help out.  So grateful!  I'd go to Thai class (errrrday) if Toomtam was my teacher  :pervie:  :pervie: You know what I mean???  

YES!  Thai songs definitely helped me pick up words easier.  Grew up listening to Thai music.  Big fan of Bird Thongchai!  I would survive in Thailand too, I think.  But, if I ever bump into my favorite Thai celebs, I'd be too nervous.  Several years ago, my siblings & I  bumped into Mos in Chinatown, SF, I busted out my broken Thai.  I was too excited to even care LOL!  Later after we took pics & went our ways, I thought back & was like WTF did I just say to him?  :lol:

Thanks MAIKO!  I will attempt to during my lunch break.  Definitely need to support ToomVill.  

Aw, thanks for sharing your experiences with us, Ceda_lee! :kiss: :grouphug: You're amazing! :bravo: :clap: Hehe, I think my very introduction to Thai lakorns was either Dao Pra Suk or Ma Mia. Kob and Num forever! :wub: I should just pucker up the courage to open up to my dad and ask him for translations. :lol:

Oh, I know exactly what you mean about Teacher Toomtam. :ghehe: :highfive:

Wow, you met Mos? :shock2: Haha, that's so awesome! :woot: Tthat must have been an unforgettable and wonderful memory! :heart: I'm sure you were fabulous, talking with him! :console:

Aw, you're going to vote for ToomVill? :spin: Yes, let's support them any way we can. :highfive: :cheer: :grouphug: I like the other nominees, too, but sorry, guys. :worthy: ToomVill are #1 to me. (Plus, I don't think they're going to win anyway. :lol:) Oh, if I didn't mention this before, you can vote every 10 minutes. :)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Thanks Maiko!  And I voted!  I hope I did it right.   Looks like it went through.  I have no idea what the other options are so I just guessed, but I followed your instructions on voting for Toomtam & Vill.   That's all that matters.  Is Ngao Jai not listed in the popular drama category?? Will keep voting!  *HWAITING*  *SU SU* 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Ahhh, both are looking so good together! Thanks Maiko for all of the updates!

I've already voted too!

Okay, I already went back and fixed some subtitles, everything should be okay now. :dance1:

Off to work everyone.

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
The Ngaojai team did really well out there. Love the cheery atmosphere when they're all together. Hopefully the positive result will reflect in the ratings (keeping in mind that not all of Thailand have satellite nor have gone digital yet, so a lot of viewers are still streaming online).^^ I want a Ngaojai shirt. So pretty!

@aiyaja and @Arasucre, my apologies and gratitude in exchange for your loss of sleep. :( I'm not sure how many times I've already watched this segment before, trying not to miss a thing haha. It's so cute how they get to "gossip" about P'Aom and K.Piak on set... I think in about all the shows they've been on. XD They played down the number of takes for their kiss scenes, but Toomtam certainly did not hide all the slaps. :lol: Their intellect and respect for each other is essentially what makes them great acting partners. Love hearing them talk about the themes and how they get in character. Their growth, I'm so proud. @aiyaja, even if it isn't for what we've been praying for, I'm still so proud and excited for P'Vill. Yay!

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
MissSunny said:
I'm just like you too! I have been watching so many Thai lakorns and listening to so many Thai songs for so long that I can understand almost half of what they are saying. I'm not fluent, but I feel that if I was to go to Thailand, I would survive pretty well on my level of Thai and I think Thai is quite easy to learn because Hmong is pretty similar to Thai. A lot of the Hmong words we use are Thai words like bathroom in Hmong is basically the same as how they say it in Thai. A tip I use to learn Thai and memorize it is by watching a Thai lakorn or listening to a Thai song with english subs and then watching it the second time without english subs. I keep doing this and try to increase the amount of Thai words that I can memorize and understand each time. I have been doing this a long time and now when I listen to some Thai songs, I can understand the whole song without english subs.

Yes, it just shows how crazy we are for the Thai entertainment, haha :D I agree with you, I'm not fluent either but if I went to Thailand, I'd get a gist of things. Speaking of going to Thailand already makes me so giddy and happy :)

Agree with you! Thai and Hmong are definitely similar which makes it easier for us Hmong people to understand. That tip was definitely one of the most helpful tips in helping me acquire most of the Thai words I know today -- I remember when first being interested in Thai lakorns, I used to watch everything in english subs but now, I don't rely on subs so much. I tend to watch lakorns without subtitles but if there are subs, it's a bonus! :D

Another tip to learning the Thai language that was really helpful to me was when I started a subbing team, PolkaDotSubbers. That subbing team is dead at the moment, haha but it was really useful. I used to be the timer, the one who put subs onto the video while someone else translated and sent me the subs. Since I spent so much time listening to the audio in lakorns, I caught onto the language and putting the subs on the video increased my knowledge of the Thai language even more :)

ceda_lee said:
Oh really? Chinese series dubbed in Thai? I never even knew that :)
And that's so cool. VHS, too eh? Real old school, hehe. My first lakorns were Long Ngao Jun, Rachinee Morlum and Sawan Biang. I honestly remember not liking revenge genres of Thai lakorns much, haha --- I remember being scared of the pa'eks when they were all mean to the na'ek. But then again, I continued watching the revenge lakorns no matter how much I disliked the mean pa'eks, hahaha. And look at me now, I'm a slap/kiss, revenge lakorn loving girl :)
And my dad's fluent in Thai, too. My mom brought me into Thai lakorns but she prefers watching them hmong dubbed because she has a hard time catching onto the Thai language. I would ask my dad to translate for me but it's just awkward, hehe. That's great your parents were your translators!! Nowadays, I'm the one translating Thai for my mom when we watch lakorns :)

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
@Mannie & @Maiko: OMGGGG, your siggies are too stunning!!! :D Yaaaay! They're so beautifullll. It makes me so happy scrolling through this thread and seeing your ToomVill siggies. Maiko, love how you captured the kscene, ahhh. Makes me feel all warm and giddy inside! :D Such a simply stunning GIF. And Mannie, such a bright, sunny siggie. Loving the colors <333
Incredible job, ladies!!~

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
My niece in 3rd grade was told by her friend to watch SSP but also to not watch it because it's kinda gross. Me --> >.< why are you guys even talking about it in 3rd grade?!

They all looked really good at the event. I have to agree with you guys that listening to thai songs with eng sub a couple of time really does help you learn thai. ExcepT there are some phrases that loses its meaning when you do translate them into english and some are just impossible to translate X(

fun

Expired Sarnie
aiyaja said:

Thank you very much. 

Learning a language you have to be consistent. I watch a lot of lakorn at one time and it does help improve my Thai but when I go on a hiatus, I feel like I need to relearn once I pick up watching lakorn again. So my Thai is off and on. 

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
OHOaddict said:
My niece in 3rd grade was told by her friend to watch SSP but also to not watch it because it's kinda gross. Me --> >.< why are you guys even talking about it in 3rd grade?!

They all looked really good at the event. I have to agree with you guys that listening to thai songs with eng sub a couple of time really does help you learn thai. ExcepT there are some phrases that loses its meaning when you do translate them into english and some are just impossible to translate X(

3rd grade!? OMG, hahaha. They are too young but then again, ToomVill is that legit. Hahaha, that's so funny though.
My sister in 5th grade was telling me about how her friend is such a big Toomtam. And her friend told my sister to tell me she was a bigger Toomtam fan than me, LOL. But yes, 3rd graders and 5th graders!???

Agree, some phrases are very difficult to learn! :/

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
HELLO MY LOVELY NGAO JAI FRIENDS!!!!!  :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance2:  :dance3:  :dance3: I am finally back from school and work!!! Man, there is already so much for me to catch up on this forum! Everyone's been talking about how to learn Thai and going to Thailand!!! I wanna go to Thailand too!!!! I wish I could go see all the beautiful places in Ngao Jai! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! 

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
MissSunny said:
HELLO MY LOVELY NGAO JAI FRIENDS!!!!!  :dance1:  :dance1:  :dance2:  :dance3:  :dance3: I am finally back from school and work!!! Man, there is already so much for me to catch up on this forum! Everyone's been talking about how to learn Thai and going to Thailand!!! I wanna go to Thailand too!!!! I wish I could go see all the beautiful places in Ngao Jai! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! 

Awww, you're so sweet! Yesss, HAPPY FRIDAY!! woot! woot! It's been such a long week :p

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
huajaikaungtur said:

3rd grade!? OMG, hahaha. They are too young but then again, ToomVill is that legit. Hahaha, that's so funny though.
My sister in 5th grade was telling me about how her friend is such a big Toomtam. And her friend told my sister to tell me she was a bigger Toomtam fan than me, LOL. But yes, 3rd graders and 5th graders!???

Agree, some phrases are very difficult to learn! :/

Haha. I started early too!! The time I remember being very into Thai lakorn was when I was 10 years old. 

BTW, I LOVE YOUR SIGGIE!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE!