Pictures of your Meal

ChenrukNote

Goddess
I finally satisfied my cravings for kapoon! Mmmmm a big hearty meal before a movie date. Delicious!

I love everything hot and spicy!

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
That looks so good. Makes me want some now. I love mine really spicy too with some long beans and shrimp paste. My mouth is watering now.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Kaopoon is an empress's food lol just kidding.

Its actually just Vermicilli noodles with chicken, bamboo, meatballs (optional), eggplants(optional), red/green curry, coconut milk. Delicious!

ChenrukNote

Goddess
damn... nai!! I'm drooling so bad right now.. more drool than I ever drooled for Atichart.. lol.
LOL, I'm sure the noodles are much better than Aum Atichart.

Dang, did you eat all of that?
Of course I did P'Kev. It's yummmy and I'm a fat pig that needs to shed 300 lbs :lol: remember?

Nai.. did you eat that with chili pepper and shrimp paste?? :drool:
I ate it with chili pepper but not with shrimp paste. I don't like anything dealing with seafood so no shrimp paste for me.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Here's what my family and I had for dinner tonight.

Papaya Salad

Baked Fish:

Som Pak (Pickled Vegetable)

All of it together:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Jane..... I'm drooling up a storm!!!!! I bet that som pak was good as heck with chili pepper? And that Papaya salad looks so juicy..... ohh.. how I wish I had some. And I love grilled fish.. I'll scoop all that papaya salad juice with a spoon and sip that crazy hotness.

Thanks for sharing.

noungning

Heartless
kapoon is actually a lao word for it. and at that portion, the lao way of eating it too haha. but looks very good.

thai has the same dish but called "kanom jean" and they have various "soup" for it which mostly is "narm ya". but in thailand they don't really serve it as a main dish, they serve it as appetizer prior to the main dish, like sai koo yud sai which is yummy, jelly ball with ground pork/beef in it.

ahh some papaya salad and fish, wow 2 big fishies too! hhaha i promised to post a pic of my mom's papaya salad but um i can't at work lol bummer. i've been going out a few times, but haven't taken pictures, gotta get back in the groove.

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Jane..... I'm drooling up a storm!!!!! I bet that som pak was good as heck with chili pepper? And that Papaya salad looks so juicy..... ohh.. how I wish I had some. And I love grilled fish.. I'll scoop all that papaya salad juice with a spoon and sip that crazy hotness.

Thanks for sharing.
I didn't eat the som pak with chili pepper this time because the papaya salad was really hot. my mom told me to use the peppers from our garden and i put in about 9 and it was hot!!, so i had enough spicyness from that.

Hey noungning, the 2 big fish with papaya salad was really good!! I hadn't had fish with papaya salad in a long time, so it was quite delicious.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
looking at your papaya's salad it seems very spicy. i can't eat spicy food, my stomach doesn't support it.
i'm drinking tea, lapsang souchong with cookies.

edit: what is kapoon? it's the same thing as phô?

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
My sister and I made Thai Food for dinner tonight.

Stir fry spicy curry noodles:

Spring Rolls:

Thai Tea:

All put together:

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Jane, can I come over to your house? You've been eating good. :D
Sure girl. I'm in Georgia, where are you from?...lol...My sister and I are always cooking and experiencing with new recipes and all of our friends love our cooking. Basically, out of our friends, we're more experienced with cooking than they are... :D