Teasing

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
I have a question for the guys...why is it that for some guys, they make fun of and act like a jerk around a girl they like? I don't understand it. What makes them think that, "Oh, if I'm mean to her, it'll make her like me!" I think it would only make the girl (a mature girl anyway) hate him. So what goes through your mind when you tease a girl you like??? Please do tell. :D

Cee

sarNie Hatchling
I have a question for the guys...why is it that for some guys, they make fun of and act like a jerk around a girl they like? I don't understand it. What makes them think that, "Oh, if I'm mean to her, it'll make her like me!" I think it would only make the girl (a mature girl anyway) hate him. So what goes through your mind when you tease a girl you like??? Please do tell. :D
its a method to show a different side of a girl...and makes the guys feel superior.
it may or maybe deliberate depending how much they may like you. its all mind game,
if you fend him off, play the reverse role and be accepting...for example if he calls you
names like ''your dumb'' your response should be like'' yeh ur right, i am dumb''. get your acting abilities polish,
and play a character thats depress and accepting. it will threw him off.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
And what's is wrong with a guy teasing or making fun of a girl?

If you ask me ... the guy that joke and tease the girl that he like is usually the one that is true. And the guy that have a sweet mouth will only want one thing and that's between the pant. Not all are like that but most are.

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
And what's is wrong with a guy teasing or making fun of a girl?

If you ask me ... the guy that joke and tease the girl that he like is usually the one that is true. And the guy that have a sweet mouth will only want one thing and that's between the pant. Not all are like that but most are.
Hmmm...what's wrong with teasing??? Well, especially if the guy was making fun of the girl in front of his buddies, it would probably make the girl feel like he doesn't have respect for her. Duh? I mean, playful teasing is okay but when it gets mean, there's a limit.

I personally think that a guy can show that he likes the girl without acting like a jerk. ;) He doesn't need to make fun of somebody to get some laughs out of people in order for him to think that he's cool or whatever. It's really immature.

And lol. The ones who sweet talk are just plain stupid and desperate.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
And lol. The ones who sweet talk are just plain stupid and desperate.
Plain stupid and desperate BUT I bet most of the girls will fall for it eventually. Cus maybe the girls are plain stupid and desperate themselve ... to fall for a sweet talker. You and I know most girls want a sweet romantic guy and the guy knows it and he will take advantage of it. B) :rolleyes:

And oh ... just like Cee said ... it makes the guy look superior in front of his buddies ... but we all know ... most of the times its all show .... the girls are the ones that have the final say :D :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Duh? I mean, playful teasing is okay but when it gets mean, there's a limit.
If it gets mean then it's not teasing anymore. :lol: My husband and I tease each other all the time in front of people. Actually, I'm the one that teases him more lol, but there is nothing wrong with teasing and making fun of each other. But being a jerk I don't know about that. If he's a jerk to you in front of his friends. He's probably a jerk in nature. When your with your friends you feel comfortable so you'll act within your true nature. Instead of the way you would act when you're attempting to court a girl. There is a very fine line between playful teasing and being a jerk. For ex;

Playful Teasing; -"Hey babe how come your butts so big that thing'll get stuck in the door!"

Being a Jerk; -"Damn your buts big go lose some weight fatass."

Well, the second one seem's playful but it depends on the tone of voice and the bold part. Regardless of playful teasing or not never tell a girl to lose weight :loool:

darvil

sarNie Adult
Cuz.. lets me honest.. girls are attracted to jerks.

Obviously this is a sweeping generalization but I've seen this to be more true then false. Obviously there is also a certain about of jerk level.

Teasing a girl is just one of them and how much you do and how you do can be viewed differently. If you were to have a conversation maybe a minor attack on her will keep her a bit more enticed. Say you call her a jerk or something.

Maybe most guys know it innately? I don't know.

Problem might be that alot of girls are sensitive and you just have to figure out that boundary. How much you can say before it crosses the line is a hard one to figure out.

Maybe you are seeing this line being drawn and the guy just went overboard.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
i like assholes. i don't know why. the meaner they are, the more i get turned on. wellll, i don't want them to beat me or anything, but i mean, like yelling and making fun of me and stuff...especially if what they say is filled with wit. it's like challenging me. lol the chivalrous ones are the best...they don't show u any emotion directly, but they will do stuff...sometimes stupid stuff...to make up for the fact that they are not able to express. it's cute...you know, like in the lakorns. hahaha i live in a lakorn world.

Since were on this topic, Ima curious too... My good guy friend teases me ALOT... He alwaise tells me that wen he teases people, he get tired of it after some time... but ME... He duno why he can't stop teasing me. he admits that for some reason I have this target on me that i carry around, and he cant help it but tease me nonstop.
He also finds me klumsy. I dont think I am... I usually do taht because he alwaise acts so superior... haha... he keeps telling me that people are klumsy, but me, it seems like its natural klumsy for me...

His teasing gets pretty mean to me, and we give each other the silent treatment, but after a couple hours... were back at being mean to one another... Calling each other fat to pinching and hitting one another... haha... I even tell me that I know he likes me that is why he is such a jerk to me. I tell him directly how I see it, and he alwaise denies it... Denial denial... we both joke alot about liking one anotehr, but we both havent come to accept the truth yet... haha... Duno if we ever will.. were cool as friends already...

I seeem to be attacted to jerks too... haha... I can't seem to get away from my friend... I have other good friends out there who respect me, yet i keep coming back for more... haha..

devdas

sarNie Egg
honestly i don't know why some of us guy tease girls, i never tease a girl i was always too shy to approach them or say anything to them lol

but i took a chance and i approach a girl (current gf) and she said yes :D

take it from a guy some guys are ass hole :)

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Teasing is a form of defense mechanism for men to approach women. It prevents us from having to deal with rejection.

I think it's a learning process to figure out that teasing in moderation is okay, but the problem is that there's a learning process and sometimes it goes too far at the earlier stages of male maturity. :^P

anan

sarNie Adult
Teasing is a form of guy's "stupidity" when he has nothing better or interesting to do with his own life.
It's guyz' tool to get attention, to make them feel that they are superior to girlz.

Like Dynomite said: it's a method to approach girl when the maturity is not here yet. :lol:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think teasing is cute sometimes it shows the guy/girl has a sense of humor. I for instance love to tease my husband and he loves to tease me. If he didn't I'd find him really boring =/ LOL.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
teasing is annoying. guys who tease deserves some MAJOR ass kicking. i prefer sweet romantic guys who are easy. lol. (even tho i'm not a romantic person myself) hahhahaha.... i can't stand none of these teasing shenanigans and game play. get straight to the point so life can go on already. if u like me, tell me so. if i reject u, deal with it. likewise, if i like u, u'd know in a heartbeat. LOL. n if u don't like me back, eh, life goes on.

like most of u guys have said, teasing is a defense mechanism. so if ur a guy, put down the defense and be real already. life is too short for games. if u fear rejection, grow thicker skin, u don't always get what u want. and this is coming from a girl who has been rejected before. YES, i've dealt with it. c'est la vie. but eh, if i pass GO again, i'll collect $200 then, what's the big deal?

so tell that teasing fool to GROW SOME BALLS and ASK U OUT ALREADY :) n if he claims he doesn't know what the heck ur talkin' about, tell him u want free dinner and a movie ticket to compensate for the emotional distressed caused by his lame teasing. hahhahaha....

teasing is annoying. guys who tease deserves some MAJOR ass kicking. i prefer sweet romantic guys who are easy. lol. (even tho i'm not a romantic person myself) hahhahaha.... i can't stand none of these teasing shenanigans and game play. get straight to the point so life can go on already. if u like me, tell me so. if i reject u, deal with it. likewise, if i like u, u'd know in a heartbeat. LOL. n if u don't like me back, eh, life goes on.

like most of u guys have said, teasing is a defense mechanism. so if ur a guy, put down the defense and be real already. life is too short for games. if u fear rejection, grow thicker skin, u don't always get what u want. and this is coming from a girl who has been rejected before. YES, i've dealt with it. c'est la vie. but eh, if i pass GO again, i'll collect $200 then, what's the big deal?

so tell that teasing fool to GROW SOME BALLS and ASK U OUT ALREADY :) n if he claims he doesn't know what the heck ur talkin' about, tell him u want free dinner and a movie ticket to compensate for the emotional distressed caused by his lame teasing. hahhahaha....
Great response...

Mya

sarNie Hatchling

LOL. I totally agree! Teasing is so childish and a waste of time. Like put your damn pride aside and be upfront with the girl already.